• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

May be getting locked up, been there?

Thanks to you chadd and sweetyjane your comments help me feel like im not alone and help give me strength. You are all in my prayers as well.

Mad Dash...ive been working on getting myhealthyvet situated. Had to submit a release form so I can message doc. I have to be mindful of my wording as I don't want to incriminate my VA standing. Its not certain that I will be convicted and as you are prolly well aware...sometimes the less they know the better as they seem to screw stuff up a lot and that is normal uncomplicated stuff.

eish didn't even think about that. Ya be careful. I have a nearly identical story as yours except I fell out of a c-130 during a ramp blast midnight exit and couldn't see that I had a partial inflate. Only thing that saved my life was landing in the trees because the drag of the chute on the tree canopy slowed my decent. Mostly similar body problems. You are service connected right? You better be after all that if not you need to be receiving disability like now. Only way in the world to build a nice nest egg while in prison your account just fills every months you away you could come out to 20,000 depending on grade of disability and length of time. I know it is not ideal but I am just trying to help you look at the bright side lol.

And remember just like when you when you were in boot and I think you said you were recon? So think of all those times you wanted to quit do the time your way, work out get huge make it a point to be bad again. I'll never forget being a part of JSOC was a op-tempo that took your breath away but find yourself a brother in there so you can have a battle/marine/ranger/sailor buddy lol most branches has that term I think. And make it about you and him. I don't know if this works but I am trying to relate to the years of training I had to go through before I even got to my unit. 75th Ranger Regiment is very punishing. Id rather work with recon marine than regular army any day. Fucking boots.

Last edited:
Out of my ten years, eight were in the recon community. This was before marsoc, but we did work with jsoc from time to time...lotta good bros. I am service connected 100%. I'm not supposed to be able to walk, but my legs keep me up for the most part...too stubborn t o quit and living in pain every day cost me a relationship with a woman I loved very much, but she was not the nurturing type and went the wrong direction with my condition and just labeled me a crazy asshole. I'm not a mean natured person, but when backed into a corner I can get pretty nasty....that's not bragging. I am not proud of that.

That being said I feel the need to mention...I never placed my hands on her in anger and has nothing to do with why I may be facing a prison sentence....just saying.

Hey Rackazoobab I just read this entire thread and I am pulling for brother. It's nice to see fellow Vets on the board. Reading about your story feels very similar to mine especially when it comes to women not understanding our issues. I just wanted to let you know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers. There are some really great posters on this board, I am glad I found it.

Much respect for Rangers...especially the 75th. My grandpa was a Ranger at Normandy, lost his leg to arty and was Nazi pow for three years....One tough SOB he was.

rackazoobob : Mate, you've had a rough fucking life. You're grandpa sounds like one hell of a guy. I'm sorry for your loss. He helped keep my country free (UK). I salute him also. Like I said bro, mssg me whenever, it's an honour to chat with an ex marine. You guys are the maddest. stay strong bro.

Start making calls to see if opiate replacement programs exist within the prison system you may be entering. I don't know what you have in the US. I've heard that over here if you are already on a program be it methadone or suboxone then if you are imprisioned you can continue dosing inside. It may be worth asking your pain management Dr what the score is with patients going to to jail.....you certainly won't be the first chronic pain sufferer to end up in the can.

hahahaha, you aussies must have some nice jails. They don't give a flying fuck about you here. They don't even put you in medical for wds, just in regular cell with a bunch of rotten shit bags.

I know how the prisons are here...my dad suffered a stroke and lay on the floor in population for 45 minutes before anybody lifted a finger. It can be pretty heinous. I can handle myself...just don't wanna have to if im WD. That is why im kicking now.

Actually more concerned about prison staff moreso than inmates....Some crooked fuckers who should be locked up but just haven't been caught yet.

Take it easy on the folks trying to help. They are offering advice most of it fairly sound. It is good to be prepared regardless of if the situation will be shitty or not.

Your not alone. You can pm me anytime. PTSD and my injuries is what got me(and most like us) being addicts. I know a few non fed ptsd support groups that will be another great support system. Like I said pm me or add me to Skype if you EVER need to talk. Most don't understand what we live with in our head Chin up brother. Your never alone

Out of my ten years, eight were in the recon community. This was before marsoc, but we did work with jsoc from time to time...lotta good bros. I am service connected 100%. I'm not supposed to be able to walk, but my legs keep me up for the most part...too stubborn t o quit and living in pain every day cost me a relationship with a woman I loved very much, but she was not the nurturing type and went the wrong direction with my condition and just labeled me a crazy asshole. I'm not a mean natured person, but when backed into a corner I can get pretty nasty....that's not bragging. I am not proud of that.

jesus... I think this is just what happens in the SO community. Me and damn near everyone else I know have similar stories. I got the same story divorce and all except my ex-wife is a drug and alcohol councilor currently dealing with a DWI who left me because I relapsed and had a few drinks (mostly because of the lie not the relapse) but ya. Fuck dude, the military can really fuck up your life, and all these kids getting on social media these days stepping on flags wonder why we get so furious? I lost EVERYTHING EXCEPT for my life and limbs and I have brothers who lost those, and it is because we fought for each other and to protect what that flag means. Ya because we are on military disability we are robbing the government, but those who make a living on welfare and supplement by selling drugs are fine, those poor people. And that is not to trash anyone who has been on welfare or unemployment but those who abuse the system. There are a million jobs we can never again do and it makes it that hard to find work. I have been flagged for my PTSD, so far every job interview I have gone to has turned me down because of it. Suicide really makes sense some times. But like rackazoobob said I am too stubborn I guess.

Suicide puts a big "W" in the adversaries win column. That and think of the people that love you and the consequences. Not worth it, but it does enter the mind in weakened states. I was a suicide prevention NCO when I was in...didn't get it then...makes perfect sense now. If you feel like nobody gives a shit about you, whats the point??? I have heard it said that people who commit suicide are cowards...I beg to differ, having sat with a loaded .45 pointed at my temple more than once. I just thank the good within for winning me over and always bringing up the vision of my sons finding me like that. It would destroy them...I know. I live alone for the most part...finding it difficult to find a woman who gets me, and I will not compromise again when it comes to that.

Alright bob. Hope you ok today mate. I keep thinking about you. I was writing a reply to mad dash but accidentally hit back on my phone keypad (I don't have broadband yet so everything internet related has to be done on mobile phone) and the mssg was gone :-( . when I refreshed the page, I saw you had replied. I'm sure it'll mean more coming from you as you're ex services, but I was trying to tell him I feel the same a lot of the time, but it'd destroy my family to think I'd done myself in. That's what we have to focus on, the love of family/friends to get us through the dark times. I'm glad you are around bro, I enjoy posting on here because of you and your measured replies. I really think a lot of you (in a friends way) even though I don't know you. ppl on here seem very genuine, a quality I much admire.

Anyway mate, am gonna go cos am badly needing my daily PlayStation fix (GTA 5 , fucking AWESOME) take care bro.

Later.

jesus... I think this is just what happens in the SO community. Me and damn near everyone else I know have similar stories. I got the same story divorce and all except my ex-wife is a drug and alcohol councilor currently dealing with a DWI who left me because I relapsed and had a few drinks (mostly because of the lie not the relapse) but ya. Fuck dude, the military can really fuck up your life, and all these kids getting on social media these days stepping on flags wonder why we get so furious? I lost EVERYTHING EXCEPT for my life and limbs and I have brothers who lost those, and it is because we fought for each other and to protect what that flag means. Ya because we are on military disability we are robbing the government, but those who make a living on welfare and supplement by selling drugs are fine, those poor people. And that is not to trash anyone who has been on welfare or unemployment but those who abuse the system. There are a million jobs we can never again do and it makes it that hard to find work. I have been flagged for my PTSD, so far every job interview I have gone to has turned me down because of it. Suicide really makes sense some times. But like rackazoobob said I am too stubborn I guess.

You are right about the PTSD stigma. I was fortunate enough to get a job being 50% SC for PTSD but I was just recently Baker acted by the VA at an outpatient clinic and I think that's going to screw me. Two cops knock on the door come in and cuff me all while I was confiding in my psych doctor and take me to a local hospital .I was released two hours later.I lost my first wife and I am currently and the down slope of my current marriage. The only thing that's keeping her is we have a young child and she is a full time student and I am the only one working. Don't get me started on the fucking Flag Stompers.

*deleted* if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread keep your nose out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
*deleted*
Cheezy you're being beyond inconsiderate.... This post should get an infraction IMO

Edit: not only are you being an ass, but sexist. IMO taking it like a girl is being a badass and being a man is crying like a baby and I'm a guy. All that shit is based on perspective and you need to learn that and change yours fast.

Last edited by a moderator: