• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Major Long Term Effects from MXE

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml

^ you guys should check that out if you plan to keep on dissociating yourself to extreme levels all the time.
Studies actually have shown that olneys lesions did NOT appear in monkeys but only rats, even at increases doses monkeys did not develop them and one theory is that rats develop them because they metabolize the drug over twice as fast as human.

Plus the doses which cause the damage on rats are insanely high.

The most MXE I've ever done is 100 mg at a time. I might redose when I just take a 25 mg or 50 mg line, but not when I have 100 mg.

Also, 400 mg of 80% MXE is still 320 mg of pure MXE, which is still a ridiculous dose.

Studies actually have shown that olneys lesions did NOT appear in monkeys but only rats, even at increases doses monkeys did not develop them and one theory is that rats develop them because they metabolize the drug over twice as fast as human.

Plus the doses which cause the damage on rats are insanely high.

Due to differences in metabolism etc it's normal for rats in studies to be given ~10x the dosage that one might give a human, as they metabolise drugs a lot faster. So if for example you see a study quoting 20mg/kg dosage in rats, don't go assuming a human would have to take 20mg/kg for similar effects, more likely something closer to 2mg/kg (though there is no exact ratio).

Though recent studies even with rats have not produced Onley's lesions, and the author of the article about them retracted his work upon this evidence.

That said, it's still possible that NMDA-antagonists could cause some long term brain damage, as a lot of long term users have observed cognitive impairment. It's speculative though and I think the real worries are addiction, bladder & kidney damage, and with the dopaminergic dissociatives like MXE, the same long term side effects as other dopaminergic drugs - high blood pressure, depression, anxiety etc.

Let's try to keep ourselves constrained to constructive criticism folks, saying "wth is wrong with you" or some similar statement is not constructive. You can express your worry and just how inadvisable some sort of action is, but be tactful, and contribute to the thread while you're at it, okay?

I was reading through first page of this thread and I wondered whether this is a bad change for you.

Was the new thought process annoying or irritating? I think I may missed something, or I've hooked up on the idea of not taking drugs at all - when you said that, for me reading that it seemed lifechanging, in a good way.

I was reading through first page of this thread and I wondered whether this is a bad change for you.

Was the new thought process annoying or irritating? I think I may missed something, or I've hooked up on the idea of not taking drugs at all - when you said that, for me reading that it seemed lifechanging, in a good way.

It's been far from good, I have got some clearer thoughts on what has happened to me. The amount of different legal highs I would take without even thinking what they was. The things that happened to me. The amounts I'd take and what I'd mix. It's all lead to this which I have learnt to accept is my own fault. I've gone since I posted this thread without drugs and have drunk I think twice. But the problems are still here, perhaps worse than before. Life is meaningless, pointless.. actually a struggle to continue with, but no matter how bad I get I will never think of suicide as a way out, that I know. But I'm just going with the flow of life, getting through work, trying to keep my social life without being noticed for how fucked up my head is... being able to just lie in bed and stare at the ceiling for hours in deep thought of what the fuck is going on. I'm fine in every other sense, I'm studying at uni, I'm just a norrmal teenage boy, but the lack of knowing what is wrong with me is whats doing the most damage.

Went through a.few grams mxe over couple months mostly iv use ( I know,.nothing real heavy ). I haven't used in over a month but during my mxe use I lost my job, my car, many memories, money and fighting for my marriage. I still can't think quite straight. Just kind of blah, motionless,.no passion, depressed, etc. I did experience some somewhat traumatic events ( at least for me) while on high doses such as a car wreck, bad fights w wife, fired from job, car starting on fire my wife bringing.up wanting a divorce which is an ongoing problem I want to fix but just can't seem to get my mind right. I dunno if its the mxe but.I know it definitely altered my perceptions on many things. Not all better. I used to be a very heavy dxm user for years and whether olneys or not, that shit burnt me.out. I was very outgoing and care free and thought to be quite witty and intelligent. after dxm I felt slow, bad memory, horrible social anxiety and unable to conjure up words, sentences and linear convo. its frustrating and still persists 5yrs after use. maybe worse. after mxe binge it feels like similar side effects. my wife almost hates me because I'm not myself and I can't even think clear enough and recognize my emotions enough to where I pshould be taking action. maybe I'm just depressed because of my life situation ? I don't know but I know it got real bad during and after mxe use. something seems out of whack :/

The only major long term side effect I've noticed from reposible (yet, almost continual) MXE use over the course of over a year and a half has to be... increased confidence, knowing myself much better, and having had a hell of a ride doing so.

I can quit whenever I want and there's no withdrawls. So sometimes I do. As a matter of fact, right now, I'm back on the horse.

Also long term side effects I've noted could be increased athleticism, increased popularity, better job performance, and increased appreciation of life.
Not sure if this is supposed to be joke or trolling.. if not..
omg you need to wake up. How can you seriously believe a bunch of damn white powder will totally improve your life for the better forever? And you are member of bluelight crew, very responsible thinking there :|

Don't get me wrong, I feel pretty much the same right now, so far I only had mxe 5 times in my life and feel very happy and confident right now despite being sober. but I'm not stupid to believe that it will stay like that. Eventually one day if we believe this is perfect drug with no side effects, it will enslave us.

Went through a.few grams mxe over couple months mostly iv use ( I know,.nothing real heavy ). I haven't used in over a month but during my mxe use I lost my job, my car, many memories, money and fighting for my marriage. I still can't think quite straight. Just kind of blah, motionless,.no passion, depressed, etc. I did experience some somewhat traumatic events ( at least for me) while on high doses such as a car wreck, bad fights w wife, fired from job, car starting on fire my wife bringing.up wanting a divorce which is an ongoing problem I want to fix but just can't seem to get my mind right. I dunno if its the mxe but.I know it definitely altered my perceptions on many things. Not all better. I used to be a very heavy dxm user for years and whether olneys or not, that shit burnt me.out. I was very outgoing and care free and thought to be quite witty and intelligent. after dxm I felt slow, bad memory, horrible social anxiety and unable to conjure up words, sentences and linear convo. its frustrating and still persists 5yrs after use. maybe worse. after mxe binge it feels like similar side effects. my wife almost hates me because I'm not myself and I can't even think clear enough and recognize my emotions enough to where I pshould be taking action. maybe I'm just depressed because of my life situation ? I don't know but I know it got real bad during and after mxe use. something seems out of whack :/

This is very similar to me. I've lost two jobs, have no enthusiasm in what I do, lost my girlfriend, loosing my family because I just have no motivation.. no drive.. nothing to keep me going and see reason for it to be worth the constant effort. I've been to the doctors about it, they said I was emotionally numb, but also said they've never seen a case like it. Have been referred 3 times to different doctors and a psychiatrist and they said I am mentally stable, I have no conditions, but they just don't understand what is wrong. The fact that you mentioned it lasted 5 years for you is slightly worrying as this hasn't even been that long really and is still a constant struggle and fight every single day. I get moments where I just don't want to move or do anything. :-/

Most MXE I did at once, was 200mg up my right nostril. This was after doing a few unmeasured bumps throughout the day as well.

I could write out a whole report, or I could simply describe it in a few short words.

I felt like I became a robot. My vision, turned to liquid. My mind couldn't grasp the concept of consciousness. I could literally see everything as it truly was, a flow of energy. Perpetuating energy, transferring from point to point. I became stuck inside this perpetuating motion, causing me to constantly have to move my hands and limbs to confirm I was in fact still alive. I couldn't stop moving. I was seated, but I kept rubbing my hands and fingers around my face, down my legs and around my body. It was as though I had to constantly check that my body was in one piece. Literally every moment that passed - not even seconds, but moments - I would forget what had literally just happened. I was convinced I was going to be stuck inside this trip for the longest time. I eventually sat down in my friends living room, away from everyone else and rode out the rest of my trip on my own. Dealing with other people, or having people try to help me was only making things worse.

This is very similar to me. I've lost two jobs, have no enthusiasm in what I do, lost my girlfriend, loosing my family because I just have no motivation.. no drive.. nothing to keep me going and see reason for it to be worth the constant effort. I've been to the doctors about it, they said I was emotionally numb, but also said they've never seen a case like it. Have been referred 3 times to different doctors and a psychiatrist and they said I am mentally stable, I have no conditions, but they just don't understand what is wrong. The fact that you mentioned it lasted 5 years for you is slightly worrying as this hasn't even been that long really and is still a constant struggle and fight every single day. I get moments where I just don't want to move or do anything. :-/

As for the 5 years, you must understand the exten. t to which I was using DXM. I was heavily addicted for many years. It was my drug of choice all through high school. Low plateaus nearing daily use at school and higher plateaus on free time. Reaching other odd sigma states and odd weak, zombifying, dysphoric states at times. I would extract large quantities as well as having 100g jar at one point; not lasting as long as it ought to have, as well as all other otc methods . I mixed a lot of things in at this time, lots of methamp with high doses of both. Euphoric as hell but I literally felt like cells were lost in the heat up from neck into what felt like brain. I still believe olneys lesions or something similar exist with heavy dxm use. I know my memory is much worse and

some other mental effects seem to be getting worse with time. I believe I may have been prone to these side effects due the fact of what dxm seemed to have done. It seems with long term heavy use of mxe, the side effects may be significantly harmful, whether this is due only to the dissociated attitude that gets layered onto the ego after a binge, actual physical damage, etc. Just be careful and keep in mind mxe could be potentially damaging if it resembles the action of dxm. , especially brain damage, seem to present themselves more and more through time. I k
your body is your temple, treat it as such !
take care

Once I stop to use MXE (Usually I do it every day until I have in stock.) I fall into a depressive phase.
And I loss my motivation...

Last edited:
Most MXE I did at once, was 200mg up my right nostril. This was after doing a few unmeasured bumps throughout the day as well.

I could write out a whole report, or I could simply describe it in a few short words.

I felt like I became a robot. My vision, turned to liquid. My mind couldn't grasp the concept of consciousness. I could literally see everything as it truly was, a flow of energy. Perpetuating energy, transferring from point to point. I became stuck inside this perpetuating motion, causing me to constantly have to move my hands and limbs to confirm I was in fact still alive. I couldn't stop moving. I was seated, but I kept rubbing my hands and fingers around my face, down my legs and around my body. It was as though I had to constantly check that my body was in one piece. Literally every moment that passed - not even seconds, but moments - I would forget what had literally just happened. I was convinced I was going to be stuck inside this trip for the longest time. I eventually sat down in my friends living room, away from everyone else and rode out the rest of my trip on my own. Dealing with other people, or having people try to help me was only making things worse.

this sounds surprisingly like one of my more difficult trips on mxe. though mine came after a much lower dose, but again, taken irresponsibly. it was about 30mg sublingual, but could have been as high as 70mg.
again, i felt the need to move just to prove to myself im alive and still on this plane. i kept forgetting what i had just done moments ago, or indeed if i had any thoughts at all. at moments i had lost memory of everything about me, and was overridden with fear of never recovering my persona. it took a while to get to grips with things. i was fine in the end.

sorry that this had little to do with the topic of long term abuse, just that i noticed this description that matched quite well with one of my own.

cheers!

This is very similar to how I felt, on my worst experience whilst on it where I felt like I had a mind shift that just stuck, I could also see the physical energys I questioned the reasoning behind everything. The whole of society in my mind broke apart into an sheltered view on the world. I could see how things in the world worked that we are oblivious too. How little things became so obsolete but could not be taken from my train of thoughts.

As for the 5 years, you must understand the exten. t to which I was using DXM. I was heavily addicted for many years. It was my drug of choice all through high school. Low plateaus nearing daily use at school and higher plateaus on free time. Reaching other odd sigma states and odd weak, zombifying, dysphoric states at times. I would extract large quantities as well as having 100g jar at one point; not lasting as long as it ought to have, as well as all other otc methods . I mixed a lot of things in at this time, lots of methamp with high doses of both. Euphoric as hell but I literally felt like cells were lost in the heat up from neck into what felt like brain. I still believe olneys lesions or something similar exist with heavy dxm use. I know my memory is much worse and

some other mental effects seem to be getting worse with time. I believe I may have been prone to these side effects due the fact of what dxm seemed to have done. It seems with long term heavy use of mxe, the side effects may be significantly harmful, whether this is due only to the dissociated attitude that gets layered onto the ego after a binge, actual physical damage, etc. Just be careful and keep in mind mxe could be potentially damaging if it resembles the action of dxm. , especially brain damage, seem to present themselves more and more through time. I k
your body is your temple, treat it as such !
take care

That kind of reassured me a little. I wasn't onto them extremes as such but being young I fell into the legal high trap. Basically becoming a 'guinea pig' for my local headshop owner, willing to try anything as long as it was legal in belief that it would have no dangerous effects in comparison to illegal drugs. Guess that was my own stupidity which may have been because I was young but again is fully my fault. Makes me believe that the 18 and over rule here should be enforced a lot harder! I was 15 when I first went in there, yes it was only for a bong but I was served without question. Then 16 when he would sell me massive amounts of designer drugs. I was sold Benzo fury's APB-6 I think, mpa, mdai, they are the only chemical names I know others was called white mm, spellweaver, lotus, wipeout, aka, dusk till dawn, annihilation, green ice and so many more. He'd give them me at discount prices to try, he'd give me free tasters of some which was still 1g rather than 3, it was stupid but at the time I was stuck in the drug abuse lifestyle where if I didn't feel fucked I didn't feel right which thank fuck I broke out of. Weed was my lifestyle and designers was my top up when weed just wasn't doing it for me. Weed on its own in moderation like all of these drugs are good and safe but when it's abused I fully now understand how dangerous it can be and would do anything to turn back time and stop this. But guess I'm too late. But I have stopped so many other young people from making the same mistake. I realistically should be dead so many times over. Guess I have someone looking out for me.. You guys have helped me so much and regardless if people call bullshit, believe me or not I didn't come on here to brag or draw attention to myself I came on here looking for help and I have got that.. I would say this thread can be deleted but I think it can help a lot of people, for example if anyone from my town googles any of the designer drugs that they sell in the headshop which people as young as 14 buy they will see this thread, hopefully read through it and think twice about what they are doing. Well not just my town anywhere that sells these. I know they are from an Irish supplier. Hopefully people won't make the same mistake as me.

Once I stop to use MXE (Usually I do it every day until I have in stock.) I fall into a depressive phase.
And I loss my motivation...
I lost all motivation whilst on it. I fucked so much up. But I slowly got back on track, it is so hard to get out of this slum but you'll do it. I'm still in the depressive, motivation-less dark stage but just knowing theres a chance of there being light at the end keeps me going.

I was taking MXE (named Lotus where I am) on and off every month or so? Nothing major, this is for the last 6 months the last time being a month ago. Now the first time I had it, it was the first time I had ever taken a RC and straight away here is where I made my mistake. I had a 400mg bump. Not really knowing much amount the doses just thought it looked like a decent amount to set me off.
That was all I took that night luckily, but I was pretty off my tits as you can imagine. Was sat down, the room was spinning, the walls was swaying, was pretty weird. I had loads of paranoia and panicy feelings like I was going to die. (Reading this forum now I realise I might of been close too.)

Anyway overall I actually enjoyed the trip apart from the ending, didn't hit any m-hole or anything though was just pretty fucked to put it honestly. The next time I took it I calmed it down a bit but was still doing about 200mg lines, once every hour, sometimes less over a 6/7 hour period. Again I felt fine this time, I felt the effects but I think I developed a high tolerance quickly because mixed with alcohol and weed it hardly did anything.

Now it wasn't until it was made illegal that things got nasty, the guy at my local headshop who sells these RC's managed to get some in for me; Bought 2g, but measured them out they weighed a total of 4g. Not sure why but this always seemed to be the case.
Then had this mixed with some strong blue cheese, having roughly 200mg bumps, some reaching 400-600mg. Probably consumed a total of 1.8g before something just changed in my mind. Not sure what but my perception on life just changed almost instantly, I was in a fine state.. slightly trippy, but still aware of everything. But the way I thought about the world, the way I saw things (not trippy way) just changed. The second that happened the rest of it was thrown away immediately. I thought I'll be fine in the morning and just carried on smoking, got home 4/5 hours later and was still feeling that paradox shift in my mind. Getting increasingly more worried. But I managed to get to sleep and thought it would be fine in the morning.

Wow that seems like way too much MXE. First time I did it I had 40mg followed by 35mg 2 hours later and I was out of my mind, thinking I was dreaming and reliving many things I'd done that day. I've heard 100mg is the lethal dose so I'm pretty sure yours wasn't exactly pure.

that is funny...i had a buddy that was like fuck it all and licked his finger dipped his finger into the bag....prolly got himself a good 200-300m mg...he ended up in the fetal position messed up for about 4-6 hours....he sure didn't die!!

Yeah MXE is nowhere near lethal at 100mg, but I'd never suggest anyone take that much unless they had developed some serious tolerance.

100mg is very manageable especially if doses are staggered. My first try with MXE I did 90mg in 3 doses of 30 and actually felt like I could have pushed further. Though I was quite e period fed with ketamine at that time.

Edit. Not recommending anyone do 100mg their first time. But if you do it's far from dangerous.

Last edited: