• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Major Long Term Effects from MXE

Before the ban i was taking MXE regularly,every night in fact,i found it very addictive and even started taking small bumps during the day,whilst on it i felt really good,but when the ban came into force and i stopped i found i became quite depressed.

I tried experimenting with other chems as a kind of replacement,as the MXE had triggered off my addictive personality and my compulsive desires,but what i have found is that MXE has had a negative impact on other drug use,its almost as if MXE lit up so many pleasure centres in my brain that it depleted certain brain chemicals so that now nothing really does anything for me,i almost feel immune to them.

I still have the depression and have tried taking kanna daily as a remedy which has worked to an extent.

OP, I feel different, too. MXE does something weird. It's like activating something, and your perception changes in this subtle yet drastic way.

OP
Hope this makes you feel a bit better buy I'd be surprised if your symptoms lasted long term. Depersonalisation/derealisation as you described is a very real side and after effect for a lot of drugs, especially when done to massive excess. Search for them and you will get more info.

I have had it before on the comedown after a ridiculous weekend of rc consumption about 18 months ago or so. It lasted about a week and it was scary as hell, mainly because there doesn't seem to be an end point, but in almost all cases you will feel right eventually, although it can take days, weeks or longer.

Hope you feel better soon fella, best thing you can do is not worry about it cos the stress isn't needed at this time!

OP
Hope this makes you feel a bit better buy I'd be surprised if your symptoms lasted long term. Depersonalisation/derealisation as you described is a very real side and after effect for a lot of drugs, especially when done to massive excess. Search for them and you will get more info.

I have had it before on the comedown after a ridiculous weekend of rc consumption about 18 months ago or so. It lasted about a week and it was scary as hell, mainly because there doesn't seem to be an end point, but in almost all cases you will feel right eventually, although it can take days, weeks or longer.

Hope you feel better soon fella, best thing you can do is not worry about it cos the stress isn't needed at this time!

That actually did reassure me, thanks. To be honest it wouldn't help with the fact that the last time I took it, I took a huge dosage and smoked through an ounce. That was the last time I had smoked weed after over a year of daily smoking and monthly RC'ing. So I suppose I am bound to get withdrawal symtons of some sort. But the depersonalization/derealizm I had before I started drugs, just not to this extent. Had it for nearly 7 years and I can handle that on its own, I think this has just magnified it to a point where it's pushing my mind to it's limits.

Luckily I could never turn to self-harm or suicide or else I think I would of done. I've got to the point of giving up now every couple of days. It's hell. But I am trying my best to carry on, get through this and in time I hope you are right in saying it will go away. I've had these severe symtons for about a month now, beforehand it was bad but not to this extent.
I try not to worry but got a stressful life as it is, high stress job, high stressed out family, very demanding girlfriend and clingy friends who are now all in my opinion drug addicts which being in that environment clean feels strange now I must admit but doesn't tempt me because of how off-putting this experience has been.

I know the feeling mate, just hang on in there, you'll be over the worst soon, the hppd generally calms down and disappears. In future like others have said you should know what your taking, the purity, dangers and dosage befor you take something. This isn't the 90's when every white powder was coke and all pills had MDMA in em! There are some ridiculous chemicals available now, and those branded powders usually use whatever they have to hand.
Take it easy, smoke some weed (definitely not the cause of your problem imho) maybe have a benzo or two if it helps, and remember to take it a bit easier in future!

The only major long term side effect I've noticed from reposible (yet, almost continual) MXE use over the course of over a year and a half has to be... increased confidence, knowing myself much better, and having had a hell of a ride doing so.

I can quit whenever I want and there's no withdrawls. So sometimes I do. As a matter of fact, right now, I'm back on the horse.

Also long term side effects I've noted could be increased athleticism, increased popularity, better job performance, and increased appreciation of life.

The only major long term side effect I've noticed from reposible (yet, almost continual) MXE use over the course of over a year and a half has to be... increased confidence, knowing myself much better, and having had a hell of a ride doing so.

I can quit whenever I want and there's no withdrawls. So sometimes I do. As a matter of fact, right now, I'm back on the horse.

Also long term side effects I've noted could be increased athleticism, increased popularity, better job performance, and increased appreciation of life.

I am happy to hear that! Glad it helps some people and to be honest, when I was on it all these features was true for me. It wasn't really until my last time I had it till things got bad, the rest of the time it was just my natural anxiety, but this is something different. Having it again in a smaller dose would probably give me a nice break from it all but not something I'm going to try.

I suppose this one affects everyone differently,some positively and others negatively,but in general any drug that is abused and over used is going to have long term negative effects,and MXE being such a powerful drug it`s more likely to produce negative psychological states that will persist.

I suppose, but 1.8g in a night? near enough everytime I had it I was having atleast 900mg in the space of about 4 hours, some nights I was having 200mg lines every half hour.. But didn't find anything addictive really, the feeling was nice mixed with beer at first.

The most dangerous night though, I had about 1g of MXE, about 12 litres of cider (I can drink up to about 24 litres of cider comfortably) and smoked just over a 1/4 of weed and to top off this concoction I had a benzo fury, not sure which one. But don't think it had much effect because I was sick about 5 minutes after taking the Benzo (this was before I took anything else) and was just frothy sick which looked like the pill was trying to digest and my stomach just rejected it.

I don't get your point here really, when i was addicted to K i was doing 1500mg+ lines many times a day just to feel normal. I think you haven't really used enough to damage yourself (i'm not saying it's impossible though) and from reading your posts you seem fine.

I don't get your point here really, when i was addicted to K i was doing 1500mg+ lines many times a day just to feel normal. I think you haven't really used enough to damage yourself (i'm not saying it's impossible though) and from reading your posts you seem fine.

I understand what you mean, but the main problem I am having and was looking for a bit of guidance about was just the mind-shift I went through whilst on MXE that never returned to normal again since which is about a month now, it's causing my life to be hell. This is whats wrong with me. It's causing me so much distress on a daily basis and effecting pretty everything in my life.

Without even reading more than 5 posts I've already spotted one idiot buying 'mxe' from headshops and snorting 2g at a time then wondering why hes fucked up then another guy claiming he can drink 24 litres of cider....after that I stopped reading.

Yes but I have already admitted that I have made a mistake and just looking for some advice? Doesn't mean that everyone is an idiot for trying to help someone? I'm not stupid enough to carry on am I?

Oh and an update, the effects are slowly starting to wear off now, after a month long detox. Thank fuck for that!

Last edited:
Good to hear that you're finally starting to feel better, Chester. Keep up the good work in abstaining. More power to you:)

Good to hear that you're finally starting to feel better, Chester. Keep up the good work in abstaining. More power to you:)

Thank you Halif! I am quite proud that going from smoking weed daily, drinking every other day and taking these designer drug shit mixes every weekend to pretty much nothing apart from drinking every other weekend. With the amounts I was taking I suppose I shouldn't of expected it to go away over night, or even after a week. Just thought over a month was a bit drastic.

But spoke to my friend who owns the headshop yesterday, he said it isn't pure MXE in the Lotus but is an 80% mix, so the doses wouldn't of been as bad as I expected but still with 80% they was larger doses than meant to be taken.

i cant get how you guys can take these huge doses man, ive been using mexy for 1½ years now 1-3timer per month and 100-200mg still messes me up up good enough for holies...

Anything more than that its just blackout city, try combining it with some lsd or dmt instead of upping the dose.

Photosensitivity?
Has anyone noticed an increased sensitivity to sunlight? Last week I played football, no one is burned out in the sun as I am.

ive tried mxe in the 25-55mg range about 12 times over a 3month period without any noticable efects.

it seems very safe and no detectable rise in blood pressure or heart beat even at the peak. as long as you give a few days (or at least a week ideally) between uses it should be free of long-term effects