• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - With or without weed?

You will get various responses here. Drugs have wildly varying effects on different people. No harm in experimenting. Personally I wouldn't blaze on acid unless I wanted to experience a severe panic attack while tripping, but it wasn't always that way.

Weed can have a dark side. I've experienced it after abusing it heavily, and I had to quit. Just to chime in on that - I started getting panic attacks every time I smoked the tiniest amount. I used to be able to smoke any amount of weed. It used to chill me out too, then one day for no apparent reason my reaction to it changed drastically forever. I've heard of this happening to other people too.

Last edited:
You will get various responses here. Drugs have wildly varying effects on different people. No harm in experimenting. Personally I wouldn't blaze on acid unless I wanted to experience a severe panic attack while tripping, but it wasn't always that way.

Weed can have a dark side. I've experienced it after abusing it heavily, and I had to quit. Just to chime in on that - I started getting panic attacks every time I smoked the tiniest amount. I used to be able to smoke any amount of weed. It used to chill me out too, then one day for no apparent reason my reaction to it changed drastically forever. I've heard of this happening to other people too.

Yip, like me. I never had any problems with weed. When I first started smoking I'd take ridiculous amounts and trip myself out on purpose.

These days it's always in the head for me. I haven't experienced that nice cosey weed body feeling in years. Two draws and it hits hard; too hard.

Everytime ive smoked when dosed...its sent me to hell....on a nightmarish ride...i guess i just cant handle it all mentally......your mileage may vary.....

Everytime ive smoked when dosed...its sent me to hell....on a nightmarish ride...i guess i just cant handle it all mentally......your mileage may vary.....
my experience exactly. i always end up thinking i've come down, then one bong rip later i'm geeking out again... a little goes a real long way.

Damn, I wouldn't combine it either if I were getting those kind of effects.

But for me it goes the other way (becomes more enjoyable along with the heaviness), and it also helps relieve my anxiety when I had a few bad lsd trips. It really does depend on the individual a lot, along with tolerance and maybe if you crave the herb mix? I do. :)

It's interesting how weed affects people so differently, and how it can change over time. I've had times when weed really tripped me out - like, really tripped me the fuck out (oh the nostalgic early days), times when it soothed and relaxed me (when I was smoking it habitually), and times when it would give me bad anxiety (at times when I was smoking it less frequently, and also after a few years of having a habit). Eventually though it gave me such bad panic attacks every time that it just wasn't worth it at all, why put yourself through hell trying to get a nice weed buzz that for some reason your brain just isn't capable of anymore.

I'd never, ever smoke weed while tripping these days, let alone while sober. But it's interesting how there is so much variation in effects, and even over time the effects can change in an individual so drastically. For myself there just came a day when I couldn't handle it anymore. I went from smoking at least an ounce a week, could handle any amount of hash oil; I went from that to having severe, heart racing panic freakouts off a barely visible speck of pot. So strange... but I've honestly known more than a few people who have developed an anxiety reaction to weed, or just had one to begin with. Others are fine to smoke it for life. I don't miss it though, as I am still quite capable of tripping out through other means.

I smoke weed daily, multiple times per day usually. When i trip i dont have the urge to smoke at all. Actually i dont smoke weed or cigs when im tripping. Its just the way it works out i guess. Ill drink like a fish every now and again when im tripping, not often though

Personally I find it also induces anxiety, ruins a lot of the clarity that comes with the LSD, makes everything feel hazy/blurry. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone cause it could go very very wrong, esp with certain strains of weed. It can be nice later on though, 9 hrs or more after dosing. If you've tried it and think it works well for you then go for it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they're a heavy user and insistent on it.

I used to use weed to bring a trip back on again, after say 5 hours of taking LSD. This was years ago, back when LSD was made behind a wheatbix factory in the UK, in the early 1970s. Like some of you here, I used to smoke weed habitually back then, for about 7 years. Then I decided to stop and for better health reason. I practiced extensive fasting to detox and cleanse my system of all the cigarettes and drugs I took, including magic mushrooms, LSD, and weed mostly. It was the best thing I did, the multi beneficial effects of which have lasted till current day...

Lsd is the type of drug thats best without addition of other drugs.

If i have a top quality steak im not going to put barbecue sauce on it.

Some people get bad effects from mixing the two, but most people (especially those who are well versed in cannabis) find that weed enhances their trip for the better. For many people (myself included) it can decrease anxiety and body load during the comeup, increase visual/mental activity during the peak, and 'bring the trip back' a little bit during the comedown. It also makes it easier to sleep.

But like I said everyone's different, for some people this combo consistently and reliably produces panic attacks. So YMMV

It's someone's personal preference. When I used to smoke herb and trip on acid I enjoyed both smoking herb while on acid, and not smoking at all while on it.

^That's pretty much it. If one doesn't even like weed or if it doesn't play nice with them, then certainly don't combine them! If I was in that boat, I wouldn't do that either.

Weed is very different for me on hard substances. On lsd, it adds to the body high and makes it feel like I took double the amount of tabs concerning visuals and overall trippiness. But it also relaxes me and tones down my thoughts and anxiety if they became hyperactive.

On mdma, it is also very different. It doesn't have much of a stoning effect no matter how much I smoke, and it definitely ups the effects all around. My eyes would get all chinky on weed alone, but while on mdma they would stay wide open like a damn deer staring at headlights (lightshow?). I'd get the munchies by itself but on mdma+weed, I still wouldn't be able to eat a potato chip.

I've always found weed to be on the second tier while psychs/stims are the first tier. The first tier tends to overpower the weed and/or just enhance its effects.

It differs, what kind of weed you buy. If I buy one with a high percentage of THC from the coffee shop, it seems to launch the trip, I don't like that too much. But the more sedating types can be nice at the end of the trip.