View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - With or without weed?

perpetualdawn

Bluelighter
Prefer it without by far. But I barely ever smoke weed anyways, cant really handle it in public.

Yeah i learned that - for me - weed can shape an acid trip into an undesired direction.
Personally prefer to keep it for the comedown, when thoughts start getting muddy and exhaustion creeps in.
I think it depends on the set/setting, the individual and their tolerance to cannabis.

Prefer it without by far. But I barely ever smoke weed anyways, cant really handle it in public.

How were your visual and mental experiences without it? What would you consider a good dose for you to get an intense but nice experience?

How were your visual and mental experiences without it? What would you consider a good dose for you to get an intense but nice experience?

Visual and mental experience without it.... man thats a big question to answer. Clear, trippy, awesome, insightful. Cant really sum it up in a few words too well because there have just been too many widely varied amazing experiences really. Good dose is hard to say because I never know the actual dosages on the tabs, but I figure anywhere from 100-20ug could probably be called intense but nice in my books. But I also really like smaller doses too, probably 30-100ug range, where its not intense, just nice. With the new novel lysergemides its really great how you can know exactly what dosage youre getting.

I used to like it with weed (even though it made things a lot more intense), but these days seeing as even a couple of tokew off a weak joint gets me uncomfortably stoned, its just a definite no go.

I think it's pretty much dependent on how much weed you smoke on a daily basis... When I was smoking heavily I found it went very well with LSD, in periods where I was smoking a lot less the weed could steer the trip into an anxious ridden ride for the duration of the cannabis high (not always though). In general I don't recommend cannabis to people on LSD unless they are heavy stoners.

I think you hit the nail on the head Steve

I was a heavy smoker for years and loves to trip and puff

Anymore it would bring out a level of anxiety that may not be good

But I've always thought it intensifies the visuals substantially

it's obvious that weed makes the acid headspace "blurry". everytime i smoked some weed on acid, that sharpness faded away. so i stopped doing it. because everyone does it around me, esp in a festival environment. and besides, it generally induces anxiety into the trip, which is undesirable on acid i suppose :) maybe, at the very end tail of a trip, yes. i smoke a joint, it eases the blue feelings of leaving that wonderful headspace.

alcohol, is another story :) i love it during any moment of a trip!

As a daily smoker, weed doesn't cloud my trip at all. If I'm gonna be impaired, the LSD would probably be playing a much larger role than the weed. I haven't tripped without weed in a long time. The herb enhances visuals from LSD, calms me down, keeps nausea away and increases euphoria. It's a bit less useful for therapeutic trips though, more just for fun or push it a little further.

As a daily smoker, weed doesn't cloud my trip at all. If I'm gonna be impaired, the LSD would probably be playing a much larger role than the weed. I haven't tripped without weed in a long time. The herb enhances visuals from LSD, calms me down, keeps nausea away and increases euphoria. It's a bit less useful for therapeutic trips though, more just for fun or push it a little further.

really interesting facts, mate. i've been smoking weed daily for like 10 years, i suppose. never have a "wake & bake" attitude, but i lite it up at the end of my day. but everytime i smoke on acid, it ALWAYS creates anxious feelings and makes me "stupid", in a manner of speaking. this does not happen so often on weed on its own, but the combination is a disaster for me. acid always makes me feel like a supercomputer, very intense and detailed thought process, "superhuman" feeling, rings a bell right? :) weed kills this effect and leaves me with strong visuals and an anxious headspace, nothing more. and when the effects of mj begin to wear off, most of the acid is gone as well.

Whenever I take LSD I like to smoke weed throughout the entire trip. If I wait until the peak to smoke weed instead of smoking throughout the comeup I usually trip a lot harder.

I smoke on every psychedelic. I love smoking though. Weed or nearly any noid and why not? It increases the effects. I rarely trip without smoking.....

I don't feel it clouds my mind but rather helps clear it, but I'm weird as is my mind. See it doesn't matter if I smoke everyday or not. My last trip was my first with synth noids and I smashed them after six months of abstaining. Yeah you might get a bit anxious but even smoking strong stuff is about letting go.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty much dependent on how much weed you smoke on a daily basis...

This.

Ive known of a lot of people who would use weed in the same way I'd use a benzo. For example they'd crave a joint at the end of a session to mellow things out, whereas the same to me would put me off the map for a good few hours and wire me straight back up. I'd imagine it's related to endocannabinoid deficiency. Some people find it reduces anxiety, some people find it amplifies anxiety.

If you are addicted, I would just smoke enough weed to prevent withdrawl. If not, there is no reason to do hard drugs during a trip.

Weed withdrawal... yeah... anyways I would say that marijuana does not enhance LSD in anyway, shape or form.

Weed withdrawal... yeah... anyways I would say that marijuana does not enhance LSD in anyway, shape or form.

Maybe for you personally, but I think you'll find that you're in the overwhelming minority on this point ;)

Don't minimize marihuana addiction. Marihuana is extremely addictive and has a huge potential for abuse

Dude. Stop this shit. You're already on a holiday.