• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Risks & Dangers

once you take lsd you come to the profound realization that everyone is uniquely sane in their own way. however, when people are faced to view themselves from the inside-out, not all of them are strong enough or willing to accept themselves for who they are.. they withdrawal from society.. for the things they thought they knew to be absolute truth were all lies

lsd shows you the truth, whether you like it or not. as long as you know that you should be fine. just don't get all esoteric and try to dissect every little thing after tripping. that will drive you crazy faster than your mom

lsd is great if you're open to it. if not, then leave the key in the drawer till you're ready to unlock the door. there is always time

peace

How can you be sure that humans will not be negatively effected hundreds of years down the road because of LSD use?

well, because they do this stuff called research.

and they have *proven* there is no long term physical effects of lsd.

and if reading the facts for yourself isn't enough, then maybe you're right, and you shouldn't take acid. because you'll just end up convincing yourself that acid is doing something horrible to you.

well, because they do this stuff called research.

and they have *proven* there is no long term physical effects of lsd.

and if reading the facts for yourself isn't enough, then maybe you're right, and you shouldn't take acid. because you'll just end up convincing yourself that acid is doing something horrible to you.

Source please.

Don't deny that using something for thousands of years doesn't add at least a little bit of plausibility to the idea that in moderate amounts alcohol can be safe. Statistics can be as powerful as chemistry or pharmacology. As much as one might have the tendency to portray alcohol as a super evil drug just because it's legal and socially acceptable, that's not really the case. Alcohol in moderation is hardly more dangerous than occasional psychedelic use.

Just because humans have been doing something for thousands of years doesn't make it safe, wise, or anything really, aside from traditional, and sometimes not even that... mescaline's been used for at least 6kyrs and possession of that will get you arrested in most of the world. Or take religion for example, been around about as long as people and generally causes strife, ignorance, bigotry & violence. This doesn't mean that it can't be used for good, it quite often is (i.e. Habitat for Humanity, sending droves of volunteers to the gulf coast after Katrina etc). It just means that its probably a net loss for humanity, given all the wars, dark ages, guilt associated with sex & such. The problem with alcohol is that it doesn't lend itself to moderation. It is a both addicting and habituating substance. Granted a couple tall, cold ones after a long day is, in my opinion, an excellent way to relax, but would the whole of humanity likely be better off without it? Like with religion & guns the answer is almost certainly yes. However, we're stuck with all three

There is nothing particularly "right" or noble in rejecting such ambitions either. It's one thing to do something useful and help people out while giving up such ambitions and another thing to just sit on your ass all day and "fight the man".

Fair enough, but there's nothing inherently right or noble about embracing them either. Goal oriented behavior & altruism are satisfying to most humans, regardless of their acceptance or rejection of middle class ambitions. Sitting in a cubicle at a bank or insurance firm in order to purchase unnecessary shit is not really any better than sitting on the couch all day watching sitcoms.

I would think one way in which LSD is bad for some people is that it can trigger underlying mental health problems and really mess up your mental state (like Syd Barret). But that's not really the LSD, as quite a few things could act like a trigger.

Its impossible to say which contributing factors cause someone to "lose it" mentally like syd barret. In this respect I wouldn't think LSD is any more or less likely to cause an underlying or managable mental illness to be brought to the surface than any other psychedelic, or possibly any other intoxicating drug. Speed, booze, & opiates have their fair share of nutcases as well...

P.S. I love LSD and I think its an awesome chemical, but I also dislike elitist statements on how alcohol is the root of all evil et al. Alcohol has it purpose in our society and if you don't recognize its benefits you're not much better than than the "LSD will make you jump out of the window" crowd. Not everyone would be into shrooms or LSD even if they where legal.

I wouldn't equate the two groups. Most criticism of alcohol is based on logical thought and critical thinking, whereas most criticism of LSD stems from ignorance & government propaganda. Plus, criticism of LSD is inextricably linked to the "War on Drugs," which is one of the most horrendous things the U.S. government has done, and that's saying a lot.... LSD certainly has more to offer humanity than alcohol does. There are a million better ways to relax besides drinking... However, I do think I'm bout to go have a beer on my front porch, and speaking of toxins, I'll probably have a cigarette as well...%)

Last edited:
I would think one way in which LSD is bad for some people is that it can trigger underlying mental health problems and really mess up your mental state (like Syd Barret). But that's not really the LSD, as quite a few things could act like a trigger.

Maybe Syd Barrett got ahold of the other chemicals being sold in the 60's in geltabs. Foxy, STP(DOM) anyone?

Those CAN make you insane, I've seen 2 people go insane for months and withdraw after tripping on 2 hits of DOM....strong shit.

It's plausible.

Those CAN make you insane, I've seen 2 people go insane for months

Yeah right. How do you know those people didn't have latent mental problems?

I very much doubt DOM or any other phenethylamine would just make someone insane. There has to be some issues, like a bad set & setting, wrong dosage, etc.

I have often thought about this...Did aboriginal peoples have access to what we would call today scientific information ?

I have pondered whether through means other than the scientific, ie shamanistic techniques, access to other dimensions/realms through use of psychedelic plants, meditiation, that over thousands of years of navigating these places, humans were ever able to discover what their bodies were really made of at the microscopic scale, and how their bodies psychically worked and how to heal them. Or have they discovered anything else through these altered mindstates, like theorums or formulas...

I mean, there are people on THIS site who claim to have had contact with entities under the influence of psychedelics. I am arguing that our psychedelic taking ancestors, after navigating these "non ordinary states of consciousness" were able to establish a relationship with something that allowed them access to information you just don't get from being stone cold sober. Like the knowledge of mixing MAOI containing plants and DMT containing plants, and I'm sure countless thousands of other medicinal preparations for all kinds of ailments.

I'm enormously off topic here, so I will finish by saying that I agree with the statement that LSD is ridiculously safe, and I've got nothing bad to say about it. It has had no detrimental effects on me since I have taken it.

And just for the record, I've done way more 2C-E than LSD, and that stuff also seems like it is very safe, and i've done it up to 40 mgs. Same with mushrooms, they also seem extremely safe. In fact, with some exceptions, the whole class of psychedelic drugs seems to fit into this "ridiuclously safe" category.

Which kind of leads into this next point. With the crazy mind over matter powers psychedelic can bestow.....if you think you are frying your brain when you take LSD, then maybe you are doing that, but if you think you are taking an enlightening magical substance, then that is what you are doing.

Now lines have to be drawn here, because drugs are drugs and they can be abused, massively. I'm just rambling on and on here now...sorry guys.

As soon as I read the word "scientology" in the link I decided it would not even be worth my time to click it.

wow man i was already squirming in my seat and giggling reading this thread but that fricking video just. blew. my. mind. and i thought LSD was a trip......wOw! unbelievable!

I can't beleive I watched that whole video.

And I just restored my faith in society. thats gone.

I've only had good trips. so about 10/10 trips were amazing.
the most I've taken at once was 6, mixed with an OE and some good dank.

seems safe to me.

if your not already predisposed to mental illness, its not very likey.....

The people who go insane are those with a history of mental illness or have a family history of it....

HPPD can result, mildly persisting visuals....

I know people who have eaten 20-50 hits at one time....

that must be like 20 mic stuff lol
no one is taking 20-50 good hits
period.

^I disagree wholeheartedly, bro. Getting puddled with good doses isn't a rare occurrence at all...

^I disagree wholeheartedly, bro. Getting puddled with good doses isn't a rare occurrence at all...[/QUOTE

i leave you with erowid

10 hits maybe
20 no way maybe over a day or two
but not at one time
they cant be that strong

if you took 20 hits and lets say each hit had 200 mics
that would be 4000 mics are you serieous?
even if you took 10 300 mics that would be
3000 mics good luck with that.

Well considering that at 1mg, you reach 5-HT2A receptor saturation, anything above that level will mainly only increase the trips duration. Tripping on 1mg+ is quite intense, although certainly not unheard of-- in fact I've done it on many occasions.

Additionally, its rare to come across hits that are 200 or 300 micrograms (regardless of what your dealer tells you). Most hits are between 80-100ug, with 'strong' hits averaging around 150.

And wtf does erowid have to do with anything? :D