View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] High Doses

J2012B said:
sorry, what?

plenty of people have eaten well over this amount and come back just fine ... as far as i know there is no risk of a physical overdose anywhere near this range.

wow... this thread is just overflowing with bullshit
the LD50 (Lethal Dose*) of lsd varies depending on where you are seeing...some site such as erowid say 12,000 ug but you can find higher online. There is that one death of a guy who had like 340000 injected in him 8o

"For example, the LD50 of LSD is 46 mg/kg intravenously in mice -- compare to an active dosage of .001 mg/kg (1 microgram/kg) in humans."

While I am sure IS possible to live after taking 20000 mics, we are talking about a dosage equal to 200 regular good acid hits. Very few have ever taken this much at once, or would want too. If it didn't kill you and leave you with permanent effects..I guess it would be a hell of an experience to describe.

You all need to check out the THUMBPRINT thread over at the shroomery. That will give you a decent idea of what a high dose is.

Ismene said:
You're getting a little deep for me now willow :)

I'm all for the idea that the minds perception of reality can be altered, but I don't think the mind can actually alter reality itself..if that makes sense...

Our entire reality is in fact our mind's perceptions, because all we know is our own objective experiences. The mind is very veyr powerful.

J2012B said:
dont be fucking ridiculous. not even close.

i dont have the chemistry background to explain to you why you are wrong, but you are.

250 mics you could be walking around... doing your thing
20,000 mics you wont even know if your eyes are open

So how do you explain the fact that no-one ever noticed when he gave them doses of LSD in the thousands of mics range as long as he told them it was 250?

I've taken a dose(s) so high that I forgot what I was fucked up. I pretty much forgot everything...

more recently after not tripping on LSD for 3 or 4 years, I had an out of body experience. And just absolute chaos. I was the music, i felt like i intimately knew every note, and each note got me even higher. Plus during the peak I was so scared i was poppin k-pins like m&m's. I don't know what the dose in micrograms it was, but I think it was quite high.

Like mentioned above, words cannot describe it. Like time seemed so slow that i felt like i had to remind myself to breathe. the closest thing i can think of is Absolute Bliss. I wrote out a trip report but since i was tripping i saved it as some weird file name and can't find it. it was probably filed under "imfucked" or "woahmandude"=D

but the out of body experience and almost getting sucked into my speakers makes me believe this was quite a high dose. I've never had anything like that happen before, even when i've eaten enough acid i forgot my name

My most intense acid trip happened like this:

My friend, who was on prozac, took 3 hits of LSD. He tripped pretty hard. I, not thinking the prozac did much to decrease effects, ate the same amount. 45 minutes in, I couldn't see. OEVs took over and it didn't matter whether my eyes were open or closed. I had to follow my trip sitter's voice. I gradually lost all language/sensory interpretation abilities and was sitting at the bottom of the glass letting everything pour onto me... I don't remember most of the trip - it was ended by an ambulance ride, antipsychotics, and benzos - but I do remember strange noises and lights and tastes and smells when I should not have been sensing these things. All in all, far too intense. I was out of this world. just gone.

Maybe that helps. Also, a lesson learned: if your buddy is on SSRIs and still trips out nicely, take a substantially lower dosage when you trip on the same LSD. Fun: the altoids were still wet when we ate them, straight from the dropper. Delicious!

It's like this:

WF.29.jpg

Yes... the artist who painted it (a friend of mine) uses meditation to communicate with entities and uses the visions he gets to guide his painting. Heavily influenced by psychedelics, although he hasn't used them for over a decade.

Xorkoth said:
Yes... the artist who painted it (a friend of mine) uses meditation to communicate with entities and uses the visions he gets to guide his painting.
OK, good. I could ahev sworn that was ripped from my own mind, that yellow thing, well he is a laughadactal/elephant thing. I know him, he scares me shitless, with his grinning stare of amusement inr eaction to him self. nd taht heart head thing, thats the between reality gate keeper, she/he kinda is torn bewteen worlds, one in the precieved living/material and one of whihc the dead/thought/creation. Iv seen them on high dose LSD and in a few DMT trips, and realy in the abck of my mind if I meditate on them. I know them so well Iagve them names.

weird picture, alil to close to home for comfort. I could use a hug. :(

Being in this guy's house is a spiritual experience... very powerful energy and filled with his paintings. I've watched him work before and some weird energy transferrance was going on.

I need to make a visit again soon... he seems like a person I'm supposed to know. You know?

EDIT: <3 HUG <3

Xorkoth said:
Being in this guy's house is a spiritual experience... very powerful energy and filled with his paintings. I've watched him work before and some weird energy transferrance was going on.

I need to make a visit again soon... he seems like a person I'm supposed to know. You know?

EDIT: <3 HUG <3
YEah I know what you mean, Iv met a few people in my days taht I believed I was spose to get to know. And this guy seems like a real cool cat, does he dose or just meditate? either way I would love to speak with him in where abouts of the human psyche he pulls this from. I honestly have seen some of those forms befor, been in there presence and coward in there realness. And seeing them on here like that realy is something. Im getting goose bumbs at the possibilities

High dose LSD eh. Mmm I dunno synasthesia . becoming 'other things' maybe becoming 'other people' maybe not as well. Astral travelling perhaps passing beyond the veil....I dunno words seem inadequate.

Youkai said:
YEah I know what you mean, Iv met a few people in my days taht I believed I was spose to get to know. And this guy seems like a real cool cat, does he dose or just meditate? either way I would love to speak with him in where abouts of the human psyche he pulls this from. I honestly have seen some of those forms befor, been in there presence and coward in there realness. And seeing them on here like that realy is something. Im getting goose bumbs at the possibilities

Read some stuff about holography/holograms and try applying it to reality, and you'll see that a lot of arcane things can be explained somewhat- for example why a painter would seem to paint something that is in YOUR mind. Well, if the universe is ordered like a hologram, theres really no difference between your mind and his, merely a different angle of point of difraction. We all share much of the same symbols- eerily so.

PriestTheyCalledHim said:
During the come down it was like what in Zen Buddhism they call Satori enlightenment since I realized that everything in the universe is connected from the smallest quark to the giant Sequoia.

That is a recurring theme in all of my moderate-high lsd trips. On my last trip I was actually able to visualize the energy and particles that made up everything flowing constantly into each other. it was quite beautiful and very hard to describe if havnt experienced. I love nature while tripping.

I've never found psychedelics to be like beer - if you drink 10 pints you are drunker than if you had 5 pints. But if you can have far more intense trips on 5 dried grams of mushrooms than you can on 10 dried grams. So i don't think the "take more and you trip harder" theory is always true.

Well, the intensity of a trip can defintely not be equated to the amount of drug taken. Really, once the systems are going even a mild LSD dose can create major changes- depends where you take it. Small doses, which seem almost ignorable, can become more intense with concentration and bit of sensory depreivation. I have found a similar thing with mescaline, in that I will feel sompletely sober- only to shut my eyes and realise that things were certainly not as they seemed.

Ptah said:
Claims the late Mr. Leary made aren't necessarily facts.

Thats very true, but I do like the irish rogue. Without him, if Aldous Huxleys vision was seen through, most of us wouldn't have psychedelics available at all. As egotistical as he was, Timothy Leary was overall a good person I think, and a powerful "leader" type at a time when it was required.