• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] High Doses

powerful "leader" type

Charismatic, idealistic, opportunist & eventually betrayed himself & others.

A Human story of ego inflation & a messiah complex I reckon.

Bet it was shit when he realised he had 'come down' & had to face the music of the justice system.

Ti
mothy Leary was overall a good person I think

I have no idea one way or the other, but a person he was, with some pretty clear failings.....a good thing that in some ways.

Leary said something stupid almost every time he opened his mouth.

My strongest acid trip was probably about 200ug (it was my first time, and possibly potentiated by some grass cookies I ate early in the experience. Although most of the acid I happened upon in later years was nothing like that strong, I was not inclined in any case to venture further.

Although the trip was wonderful, I was aware of how nasty it could be if it somehow turned aginst you. In fact, I got this first tab from a friend that had a nightmare experience the night before.

The stongest trip I ever had was 30 fresh p. subs. At one stage I couldn't see anything "real" in my field of vision. I do remember thinking that I was never going to take 30 subs again. I don't think that experience did me any good, and to some extent I was urged on by a couple of others who favoured "heroic" doses of LSD and mushrooms.

So the point of my post is that while I have no problem with people taking heroic doses, but they should be careful who they might take along with them.

I tripped hundreds of times, so it's not like I didn't have an affinity for LSD. But a lot of people like hiking, without the desire to climb K2.

20 mics- threshold, and some people see visuals, some dont. I personally do very easily.

30 mics- threshold, same

40 mics- obviously tripping a little bit but again, some people wouldnt see visuals.

60 mics- = The typical low quality blotter. Tripping, but in my opinion nothing like even one gram of shrooms. It makes for a good time though. Lasts longer than a gram of shrooms.

90 mics- This is where it starts getting weird, because it is most certainly more intense for some people than a gram of mushrooms.

110 mics- like a gram and a half of mushrooms. A hit of some really good lsd.

150 mics-For alot of people this is quite amazing and intense. Obvious and interesting for anyone who is not a vegetable.
----------------------------------------------------------------
(incraments I mention will stay the same but the effects of upping it 50 mics becomes more intense than above the line.

200 mics- equal to about an 8th of mushrooms, (or more for some people).

250 mics- scares the living daylights out of some people, yet some people handle it really well, much like an 8th of mushrooms. This is the dose at which I have witnessed someone become very confused. He could "see" but he didnt know where he was(in his best friends driveway). When the comedown started, he was fine, and he became a rockstar. It was one of the best experiences of his life. (thats what I get for tripping with people around for the first time in a long while) Me and one friend had to talk this guy down for about a half hour.

300 mics- your getting into heavy territory. Still not considered by most to be a heavy dose, but thats only because they know where most people including themselves draw the line if they are experienced. Its alot like 250 mics though.

400 mics- most people would never take this much unless they knew the acid they have in their possesion and really wanted to get pretty far out there.
This is why you dont see 200+ mic hits around.

500 mics- pretty much where even some of the most experienced people draw the line. Your vision is almost completely enveloped by fractal patterns, and if you were to stare at some pavement or something, it looks like you can see to the end of eternity. Miles and miles of visual depth.

700 mics- most people who talk of taking a ten strip usually dont have very potent acid(though it is good), so 550 to 700 is where they end up. This is also where "more acid" becomes less important because the effects are very similar to an even higher dose.

1000 mics- Most people will never go there. If you had a "two hits and you are floored" type of lsd, or 100 mics and up hits, this is where a ten strip would put you. You basically cant see anything but visuals, your mind as a whole is infinately connected with its self and your external environment. Amazing things happen on this dose no matter what. It would scare most people shitless. Some people will think they are dieing. Many would end up dialing 911 if they were alone and could read the numbers on the phone.

1500 mics- is almost exactly like 1700 mics. 1700 mics being the most I have ever done. Very few people have used this much lsd.
It is VERY psychologically dangerous for some people to do this. You can no longer really see your own hand in front of your face. Your cognition and vision are both bathed in the same light. Some people forget to breath frequently, and id imagine alot of people would pass out. You will loose your ego, but you will meet many organizers of human cognition in this egoless place. They are much smarter than human beings. "they" *are self conscious neurology.
They are the mathematicians behind consciousness and even the visuals themselves.

A dose 700 mics and above will show anyone some very profound things. Doses like 500 mics and above have changed many lives in both positive and negative ways. Still, it is no more threatening than mushrooms. So dont get me wrong.
------------------------------
post about doses from shroomery

Ismene said:
........I'm all for the idea that the minds perception of reality can be altered, but I don't think the mind can actually alter reality itself..if that makes sense...

Personally I think that's the only way we can think about it at the moment. Just to add to the confusion, in addition to placebo we also have "hypnosis".

I was researching the idea that the two are linked for one of my supervisees (who intends to write a dissertation on the comparison) when I came across this:

An Extended Nondrug MDMA-Like Experience Evoked Through Posthypnotic Suggestion. Arthur Hastings. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. San Francisco: Sep 2006. Vol. 38, Iss. 3; pg. 273, 11 pgs

http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?inde...=PQD&TS=1191355649&clientId=57473&aid=5&cfc=1 [You'll need a subscription or Athens to access it].

OK it's not LSD, but It's not hard to imagine that had a similar experiment been carried out with acid, and the suggestions been that the recipient was ingesting 1000ug rather than 250 ug, an "enhancement" may well have been observed.

It's therefore not impossible to imagine that there were factors in the Leary experiment which created similar circumstances, i.e. high expectations.

E

Last edited:
following sarceans dosage parameters, which I think to be true, the highest lsd intoxication of mine was somewhere between 300 - 400 mcg, meaning 1 1/2 strong european blotters and an even stronger microdot. due to a bad setting and personal depressions that turned out to be the most dark und "bad" trip of my life :blacklol: since then I'm kind of afraid of huge doses, all though that trip happened 5 years ago and I have had only positive experiments with lsd since then (but only in the 100-200 mcg range).

willow11 said:
As egotistical as he was, Timothy Leary was overall a good person I think, and a powerful "leader" type at a time when it was required.
A leader on the road to nowhere. Tim Leary was an idiot and when his followers and associates risked their lives to help him he turned them in and ruined their lives just so he didn’t have to do time for his own shit. Nice leader

There were plenty of other people around producing and spreading LSD all Tim Leary did was make hippies look like lazy idiots and give the movement a bad image.

squerll said:
A leader on the road to nowhere. Tim Leary was an idiot and when his followers and associates risked their lives to help him he turned them in and ruined their lives just so he didn’t have to do time for his own shit. Nice leader

There were plenty of other people around producing and spreading LSD all Tim Leary did was make hippies look like lazy idiots and give the movement a bad image.

In fact if anything Tim Leary is directly responsible for the harsh laws we have against psychedelics today.

Slogans such as "Turn on, Tune In, Drop Out" gave them all the fuel they needed to make drugs like LSD a schedule I substance even though it really doesn't pose any significant harm to the human body.

A HIGH dose of LSD is really intense. Reminds me of DMT fractals/vortrex.

And you completely lose your EGO, and the trip gets bad if you're not used to ego loss/ or don't want it.

I took a massive dose of acid last summer (and alot of smaller ones) when I happend to get a sheet of some really really strong paper. It was way to much, I couldnt even get up to walk around for most of the time. I thought I was getting up to walk around a few times but it was just in my head and I would relize I was still laying down. Or I would try and get up and I would stumble and have to sit back down, because all I was seeing was visuals. I couldnt tell what way up was or what I was even looking at. The trip went on wayyyyy to long. I was seeing all types of crazy gemetric shapes and fractals. Egoloss, hearing images, crazy open and closed eye visuals stuff like that. I dont even remember alot of what happend, from that 10-15 hours of being fucked up I probably remember 1-2 hours of it. I just had to do it once to see what it was like though. Here is a picture I made the following day:

lsdart3.jpg

If you ask me acid has a sweet spot that youve got to hit... If you take to much you cant remember most of it so whats the point. What are you going to take away from it if you cant remember.

I saw that pattern everywhere on nitrous and codeine on a huge shroom and acid comedown!

Was amazing!<3

and if placebo really worked try getting someone to actually trip with just blank blotter.
:p

As for high dose LSD. Its good, real good.
That's pretty much "'nuff said" right there. I have only gone to ~350 ug, but wow. The week or two after that, I felt better mentally than ever before in my life.

And yes, thank you very much Dr. Leary...fuckwad--you took the most healing, cathartic and problem-solving chemical ever discovered by mankind and turned it into a personality cult. Egotistical, histrionic prick if you ask me: "think for yourself, question authority...just do everything I tell you to do..." Fuckin' hypocrite (like all gurus, zealots and evangelicals, another shining example of the corruption inherent to power). He dealt LSD every bit as certain a death sentence as Nixon.

Last edited:
Ghettochrist said:
I saw that pattern everywhere on nitrous and codeine on a huge shroom and acid comedown!

Was amazing!<3

and if placebo really worked try getting someone to actually trip with just blank blotter.
:p

I knew this girl who was given a listerine mint strip and told it was acid, she swore she was tripping balls all day 8)

Higher dose LSD trips

i have a question, what kind of visuals do people experience on higher dose acid trips? For me i get fractalized images that appear on everything, and in mid air, i lose sense of where i am and why i am. The images i see when i focus on them are these metallic machine like circles, within circles within circles, and inside each circle is squares with circles inside them, and everything looks like it is built by these tiny little squares with circles in them, and in the circles in the squares there are more circles within circles. most people i talk to who dose higher doses say that they see different things, and everyone's different. the way i explained it here is nothing like how i see it and its extremely hard to explain. so what does everyone see? Btw, when it gets to the point where i lose complete visual control, everything is completely like that and i can see the individual air and oxygen molecules and i lay there in awe because it's so damn beautiful. but idk it's almost near impossible to explain it :/

another question i have is what about audio? what does everyone hear on higher doses? i can't explain what i hear at all but i can hear silence, and everything i hear is completely weird.

high doses (5+ hits of REALLY strong liquid) make me physically feel like im rolling for the whole trip and visually have full on hallucinations. I've seen colors shift into entirely different colors on the other side of the spectrum, patterns on stuff move drastically, patterns come out of things where i didn't see a pattern before and then start to spin, spacial distortions of all kinds.

people always tell me they see faces in everything on high doses....and i've never experienced that on LSD. i have on mda though. weird

Everything turns very pixilated, like im looking at the world through LCD pixels, this usually cause's massive distortion to the images behind them.. such as see'ing people with sqaure heads, music and colors shifting through the pixels, extremely mechanical sensation.

If i focus enough one one 'point' i'll definitely see a face of some sort.

My fondest times were taking very high dose's at psychedelic party's in the middle of the forest, it's seriously puts you in another world, for better or worse :)

oh wow o_O i want to do the psychedelic party in the middle of the forest :) that sounds like so much fun haha. I usually do it in my room, the high doses i take (10+) i normally cannot walk normaly, or i don't think i do, so i either sit outside or in my room, or a place where no cops or anyone will go. but things get weird on that much acid. everything, and i mean everything is sometimes blended together, i can't tell the difference between the ground, the sky and my feet and the ground, all physical boundries are gone i could say, idk how or why, but it's really cool :)

I've done my fair share of LSD, but the largest dose I've ever taken was 6 drops of really clean liquid.

I experienced intense, but enjoyable visual distortions. Tree's waved violently, clouds swirled, dissipated, and reformed at magnificent speeds. As I watched the property I was on,(about 20 acres of beautiful land) I was in awe at how green the grass was. I remember thinking of the phrase, "sea of green"(it did resemble one quite nicely) and smiling in content. I laid in the grass for a while, and watched the tree line across from the property. My visuals were so intense, it looked like orange and red flowers were blooming right before my eyes. An hour or so later I realized they were just pine cones being illuminated by the sunlight.

So yeah, six hits did me good, lol.

i have taken 5 - 7 drops before, but it didn't get me as far as 4 white 'double dipped' blotters did one day.. i was left alone in the woods at night on one of the largest doses of acid i have had.. so - things got very confusing - i will not tell the complete story because the question is visuals - i ended up at the ER with straps and electrodes and cops watching me thrash around.. anyhoo - i was seeing things that looked like jeweled snakes crawling in the air above my head - the melting of objects was so strong that i was no longer convinced that i was in this reality.. tracers seem to get more vivid and long lasting as the dose goes up.. i remember noticing the nice flower pattern on the hospital wall - then they gave me drugs to bring me down to earth and the walls were plain white..! another time i had taken a lot of liquid - i had a vial that someone else was done with and i took the last drops and licked it clean - no idea what range of dose, but i saw my closet and chinese mask on the wall turn into an eqyptian sarcophagus painted gold and black.. very vivid.. that was an intense trip - i had to sit on the floor and hold on during the peak...