• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Purity and Effects

I think the ergot fungus itself is probably easier to get than the purified specific chemical extracted from ergot.

As for LSD being difficult to make, maybe someone with 3 years of college chemistry experience could make it. But most people don't have that. Meth, for example, you can literally just follow instructions, it's actually really easy. For LSD you need to have a solid udnerstanding of sophisticated techniques. You can't read a tek and produce LSD.

I think the ergot fungus itself is probably easier to get than the purified specific chemical extracted from ergot.

As for LSD being difficult to make, maybe someone with 3 years of college chemistry experience could make it. But most people don't have that. Meth, for example, you can literally just follow instructions, it's actually really easy. For LSD you need to have a solid udnerstanding of sophisticated techniques. You can't read a tek and produce LSD.
Exactly.theres no shake and bake level LSD labs.

You definitely can't make it in a bathtub. Have you ever read the synthesis of LSD? It requires extensive lab equipment and precise heats and compelx reactions. You can't toss all the ingredients in a tub and get LSD.

Ok ok.. You can’t make it in a bath tub, but its also not this mythical drug that can only be made by a few special chemists.

I think TripSitter was just using the term “bath tub lab” to describe a ghetto setup.

There is small time guys out there giving their hand a try at it, and due to the difficulty of purification of a rather fragile molecule it’s not easy to get clean.

It’s obviously nowhere on the same level as meth, but it is true the hardest part of LSD synthesis for many looking to pursue it is the obtaining of the precursor.

-GC

Well yeah, that's true. I remember years ago there was this guy in here who would constantly post about how there is no real LSD in the world anymore because Pickard was the last guy who could make it and no chemists in the world today are skilled enough. Which is obviously nonsense.

Most ergot fungus no do produce the right alkaloids in large amounts but in the higher circles they have engineered sub strains to produce huge amounts in universities and then released them around to LSD chemists. But the main source of akaloids still come out of legit companies in Germany and Czech.

The most small time chemists are just extracting ergot from migraine pills with prescriptions and making only a sheet a month or so.

Most ergot fungus no do produce the right alkaloids in large amounts but in the higher circles they have engineered sub strains to produce huge amounts in universities and then released them around to LSD chemists. But the main source of akaloids still come out of legit companies in Germany and Czech.

The most small time chemists are just extracting ergot from migraine pills with prescriptions and making only a sheet a month or so.

Wait, higher circles of LSD production would be university students?
Did I misunderstand your post?

Wait, higher circles of LSD production would be university students?
Did I misunderstand your post?
Univerisity post-doc academics who have endless accesses to do whatever on the side. In higher circles of LSD production these people supplied them with mega strains of ergot in the past to use. People working at univerisities in post phd positions are heavily involved in a very hidden scene producing high quality LSD in those labs for their local areas. No one can bust them right if they are boss? These circles form during the past decades at universities and these people go out into the world on their path of life with all one common goal to keep LSD flowing. At any backwater univeristiy with easy entrance rates every year there will probably one drugged up fresh 18 y/o wanting to graduate in chemistry because they love LSD. Only a a select few will acutally go to making LSD.

Before the RC scene, comparatively little of this was made legitimately, other than a couple sources.
Positing anything about the synths is a non-starter, unless you did it yourself in the past, or are doing it now.

I maintain, from being one step away from an infamous source, that some self-taught folks got better over time and performing dozens of synths.
The “lab” I saw was not what I’d call bathtub, but was most certainly in the ghetto camp. It evolved over a ten year period, as did his product.

A few visits from actual trained chemists over the years would shape and improve things, and things got more lab-like, with increased funding.
So, yeah, there is an evolution to these things, and y’all can’t say fir certain unless you’ve been there/done that.

Hey guys. So I have been forming a bit of a thought in my crazy head, and I'm wondering if it has any traction.

Ink. Ink on the tabs. My mind was streaming pointlessly. I have just made my order with the new Dutch for 250 1cP tabs, while they are still shipping here and taking bank transfer and before the potential new ban in Holland.

Especially after the Germans just tried to break my heart- ACCEPTED my order, gave me bank transfer details. I PAID!

What I didn't know because my stupid online banking digital secure key run out of battery last week and I had to painstakingly make the transfer to the Germans over the telephone banking system which is always such a headache rather than a two second click of a button.

So it was really frustrating not being able to log on, make sure the transfer went ahead, when it paid etc, to know when to expect the evening tracking email 1 or 2 days after payment.

So I was stewing not being able to check my bank hoping the secure key would turn up in the post early this week or that I would already have shipping confirmation by them to ease my anxieties.

That never happened, which was a real annoyance when I got the unexpected random email from the German on Tuesday which I translated informing me that I had been refunded and needed to reorder with bitcoin which I don't have.

Even more annoying is how I phoned my bank again on Friday to make sure that the transfer had been paid and they told me yes it had done one and gone out the following day on the Friday but they never told me it was returned the same bloody day with a loss of 40 GBP to add insult to injury.

So as soon as my secure key arrived yesterday day I set things up a fresh and made the order and transfer with the Dutch which still works out cheaper than the money I was returned from the Germans which was short.

One other good thing, these new Dutch are great with communication. I have no way of even contacting the Germans, they only offer support through Whatsapp, and their support and response is the weakest and most heavily criticised part of their otherwise supreme global Enterprise. They have hit the top 400,000 websites at points.

But these Dutch, super damn nice and friendly for a start. They even hooked up a bro in Australia who I linked them to, so he can actually start microdosing.

They reply to every message, email. Gives peace of mind.

Last edited:
So my point here- these tabs have only a little bit of soy based ink and the lysergamide itself as far as I am aware and according to the manufacturers.

I would choose no ink if I could. So I was daydreaming about asking the Dutch if they could fix me an ink free order, on account of my extreme allergies.

And then it occurred to me how at least some one of the 100 micrograms of lysergamide on these tabs will have absorbed into the ink itself, surely right?

So do we then have to metabolise the ink, in order to absorb the acid?

If so, does this have ANY influence over the subjective effects?

It was just a crazy thought anyway. Printed tabs have tons more ink, and likely varaible materials between sheets, maybe not though.

But certainly, would the exact same dosage on a WoW blotter, be absorbed into the body identically, time and biology wise, as a heavily inked tab?

Any thoughts? Am I just tripping again lol!

I hope they do you up a batch of wow. Allergies are something I never thought of, but also, some non-soy inks can be toxic, even contain heavy metals. Eat enough blotter over the years and some build-up could happen.
Aside from health, i prefer blank blotter as it suggests a blank canvas for the mind. Also it’s been the best for me.

I hope they do you up a batch of wow. Allergies are something I never thought of, but also, some non-soy inks can be toxic, even contain heavy metals. Eat enough blotter over the years and some build-up could happen.
Aside from health, i prefer blank blotter as it suggests a blank canvas for the mind. Also it’s been the best for me.
Yes this is a widely echoed sentiment, about preference for WoW. I do genuinely wonder you know if there is something to my little idea? I mean the acid will be inside the ink. So depending on how our individual bodies metabolize that ink there could be some variable subjective effects as certainly between WoW and heavily printed tabs.

I'm just thinking of possible little variables which could play into some of the unquestionable variation many of us have strongly perceived and felt over time between batches.

And I'm not actually going to ask for a custom sheet. I really try not to be too much of a pesterence to these people because they are doing us such a good turn and I would hate to be an annoyance (like I am here and everywhere else lol).

These guys are so nice and open with such a smile. You gotta hand it to them for maintaining that humbleness and respect for the common man when they are fronting such an extraordinary little Empire when we think about it.

But I am plotting my moment to ask him if he can shed any insight onto how the sheets are actually laid.

I really want to hear from somebody who is genuinely in the know, I wasn't fully confident about asking the Lab directly, in case they decided I was just a pesterence and switched to indefinitely ignoring me which could easily happen seeing as I'm not ever going to be a customer of theirs, the main shop I mean.

So @DrumTripper I took my second ever microdose very late last night due to My crazy life I'm always unable to eat all day with severe digestive upset and it gets very late and I struggle with fatigue and tiredness to actually eat and digest food.

I was planning on taking my second dose today which would be 4 days after the first one. But in true flexible spontaneous fashion I decided to see if it could help me to stay awake better in the evening and still observe the benefits over the coming days.

I took my 10ug. After I had finished my food at night this is always the worst time of the day for my chest and lung congestion and it varies from day to day but most of the time it's an absolute battle to find the strength and energy to stand up and move because it's so hard to breathe due to so much mucus production from eating in combination with anything else which has affected me that day, like my cannabis usage.

I spend a good hour using all my might and conscious energy to stay conscious and keep moving to clear as much mucus out of my lungs as I can with essential oils and various other measures.

Last night the microdosing massively exacerbated my respiratory and breathing symptoms and it was impossible to stay conscious and treat my symptoms it actually really knocked me out and I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep.

I had an extremely rough night and my chest has been worse than ever today which hasn't made sense at all the extremity of this reaction.

When I took my first dose on Tuesday I did notice and adverse effect but by early evening I was really very comfortable and not bothered by it and by the end of the day my chest and breathing was better than 99% of days.

Timing of these things is massive and if I take any supplements which cause similar mucus effects, there are certain points of the day where I just can't get away with it and it makes managing things overall impossible so this could have occurred last night.

It could also have been a coincidence as I'm permanently developing new infections which come on very severely at first.

But, I am genuinely considering that I may be reacting to the distilled water itself not just the 10 micrograms which should not have produced such a severe reaction as last night.
There is a real possibility that I'm reacting to the distilled water because that is how my immune system works it identifies something as different and threatening.

What is very interesting is how I felt like the microdose was wasted and there would be no real benefit and consciousness enhancement or insight.

And I was bogged down rock bottom depressed and miserable yet again as another dead end when all I'm trying to do is find a little bit of peace fun and comfort. It's true catch 22 in every case. Never easy, never viable. Always an impossible Rubicks cube.

So, despite a really awful night and start to the day, 4 hours sleep only, and my head being completely washed down the drain with exhaustion and stonedness and depression, as the day went on I really felt the same level of benefits and revelation and refreshment from the microdose working strongly.

Which massively cheered me up and I have felt much happier and more optimistic and accepting of the situation and the future than I anticipated possible.

So microdosing- WORKS. It takes care of itself. I did my best to completely mess it up and stop it from being useful or productive at all and yet the powerful effects have pierced through the black cloud of smog. Im actually glad to feel this unfolding now, having really suffered for it at least the benefits may just about level things up now over the coming days now that I'm feeling better physically.

Last edited:
@AutoTripper I’m sorry to hear that happened. Figuring out the least damaging set of foods/supplements/dosages, etc is sounding super tough, given your current body’s (hope for change every 7 years {cells change}) allergies.

I wonder if you can take gel caps?
Not as accurate, but close, cutting blotters into 16th, randomizing, then packing 1 or two into a cap can make the absorption slow down. Could that allow the compound to “slide in” slowly enough not to trigger a histamine reaction?

I’ve capped lsd tabs twice and noticed a smoother comeup, so made me wonder.
Again, sorry about the rough night; hopefully you can get some good rest in the weekend here.

@AutoTripper I’m sorry to hear that happened. Figuring out the least damaging set of foods/supplements/dosages, etc is sounding super tough, given your current body’s (hope for change every 7 years {cells change}) allergies.

I wonder if you can take gel caps?
Not as accurate, but close, cutting blotters into 16th, randomizing, then packing 1 or two into a cap can make the absorption slow down. Could that allow the compound to “slide in” slowly enough not to trigger a histamine reaction?

I’ve capped lsd tabs twice and noticed a smoother comeup, so made me wonder.
Again, sorry about the rough night; hopefully you can get some good rest in the weekend here.
Thanks mate, always appreciate your thoughts and empathy. I did think about cutting tabs up. Even weighing on milligram scales.

I wouldnt bother with a cap, that would not make any difference in this scenario, regarding my respiratory and general reactions but I can't tolerate gelatin although I can handle cellulose capsules.

I have been feeling a lot better anyway. It was unwise timing. As long as I can bypass and manage the reaction, to feel comfortable enough before the day is out, like I did on Tuesday, then it should hopefully be viable that way and the benefits would outweigh the the unpleasant inconvenience.

One day at a time for now and I'm just looking optimistically towards tomorrow. Thanks again man and hope you are having a nice and relaxed weekend yourself.

So many smart asses talking out of their ass as usually.
Have you ever even had lsd crystals and handled them?

Why is needlepoint more expensive then the cheaper stuff?
Why is it more potent per weight with different effects?

You dont know cause you are speculating about something you dont have a clue about.
Im not claiming i know what is true, im just stating facts and having an open mind about it.
Placebo might be a factor, but it doesnt explain why people who doesn't know which acid is needlepoint but still prefer it over the cheap stuff.

Dose is a factor but not really, ive had cheap super potent Alex Grey hits which were very strong but put you in a mental rollercoaster if you took over 300ug.
Then ive taken my grateful dead needlepoint at over 500ug and only had the good visual and emotionall high which you want.
No loops and confusion
So many smart asses talking out of their ass as usually.
Have you ever even had lsd crystals and handled them?

Why is needlepoint more expensive then the cheaper stuff?
Why is it more potent per weight with different effects?

You dont know cause you are speculating about something you dont have a clue about.
Im not claiming i know what is true, im just stating facts and having an open mind about it.
Placebo might be a factor, but it doesnt explain why people who doesn't know which acid is needlepoint but still prefer it over the cheap stuff.

Dose is a factor but not really, ive had cheap super potent Alex Grey hits which were very strong but put you in a mental rollercoaster if you took over 300ug.
Then ive taken my grateful dead needlepoint at over 500ug and only had the good visual and emotionall high which you want.
No loops and confusion at all.

I hear ya there when i dose i normaly start with a 10 strip when your taking "large" doses purity will make a difference. I have some experience in this area and it seams to me that lower grade L like lavender causes body aches and some anxiety but is also extremely visual. silver is more clean but still some body aches and cramp some people experience confusion and some mindfucking but i never had to big of a problem with it. then there are your "top of the line" LSD such as needlepoint which is very clean above 98% and my personal favorite is fluff which is also in the mid to high ninety percent range. which makes both of these high quality perception enhancers perfect for takeing in very high doses they have extremely awesome visuals and they dont fuck with your head like some of the others do. instead they open you to yourself and show you your soul. i have taken crazy doses of this over 200 hits in a night( and i know people who have eaten a lot more than that at once when your dipping your pinky in crystal it dosent take much) . it was life changeing. that being said i think how your trip goes is 98% on how you are as a person. how willing you are to accept yourself no matter what you find and if you chose to move forward. peace

Last edited:
and they dont fuck with your head like some of the others do. instead they open you to yourself and show you your soul. ive eaten very large amounts of this in one sitting over 200 hits one night most amaze
I hear ya there when i dose i normaly start with a 10 strip when your taking "large" doses purity will make a difference. I have some experience in this area and it seams to me that lower grade L like lavender causes body aches and some anxiety but is also extremely visual. silver is more clean but still some body aches and cramp some people experience confusion and some mindfucking but i never had to big of a problem with it. then there are your "top of the line" LSD such as needlepoint which is very clean above 98% and my personal favorite is fluff which is also in the mid to high ninety percent range. which makes both of these high quality perception enhancers perfect for takeing in very high doses over 200 hits in a night. it was life changeing. that being said i think how your trip goes is 98% on how you are as a person. how willing you are to accept yourself no matter what you find and if you chose to move forward. peace

I agree with a decent amount of this...

Impure LSD is the reason folks who dosed a lot in the 90’s always complained about neck pain being a side effect of LSD. It’s only a side effect of impure LSD.

-GC

I agree with a decent amount of this...

Impure LSD is the reason folks who dosed a lot in the 90’s always complained about neck pain being a sid e effect of LSD. It’s only a side effect of impure LSD.

-GC
yea i accidentally jumbled up a couple lines in there didnt notice till now. i fixed it. but i also noticed people that only eat a couple doses at a time complain of body aches a lot more and seem to struggle through it a couple times where as you get to higher doses your conscience, ego, and mind just accepts it for what it is and you can go with the flow. well maybe after a little ego death haha

My mom n step dad did lsd in the 80s and early 90s they said it was super strong 1 hit was all my mom ever took she said walls would melt people on th r tv their mouths turned into horse mouths n my mkm said once she even saw ozzy Osborne on the back of the devil she said mid 90s it was impossible to find good lsd she also said she only paid 3 dollars a hit mid to late 90s she said it just wasn't the same

I used to trip all the time in the 70s. For nostalgia's sake, half moon blotter was the most common. I had a good connection and would get full sheets of Window Pane. You would cut up the squares; it was in a hard gelatin form (purple). Would would let it melt in your mouth...great trips. On Sat nights a bunch of us would go see the laser show at the Planetarium in NYC then get cases of beer and hang out by a small lake in Central Park. We were all nuts and walked through the park in the middle of the night scarring away the muggers and weirdos.

What I loved back then was called Mescalin. It wasnt true Mescalin and could never quite find out what it was. You would buy it in a tiny pill...sometimes you could get what was called "double barrel" which was supposed to be a double dose. You sorta tripped on it but not quite like lsd...was like walking on a cloud. Anyone know what that was?
I'm sure I had it back then and it was called mesc and I could never figure out why it was double barrel which later was like a big microdot. people convinced me it was synthetic mescalin, I liked it.