• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD first timer. Questions and suggestions

Hi thanks, and pertinent to ask I feel.

In my mind, it’s a genuine phenomena. I feel that by whatever mechanism, to a certain degree, I have effectively somehow overcome the tolerance acquisition.

When I re-entered the Lysergamide world Jan 2019 my intitial tabs were so expensive. What bothered my mind most of all was the well documented tolerance factor.

I’ve experienced it myself exactly as you and others describe.

Like, in 2011, some exceptionally strong tabs, stated at 300 ug and solid 24 hour plus full on trips, easily matching 300 ug of clearnet Lysergamides on reflective comparison.

Two at 4.30 pm full comeup in 5 minutes, insane trip. I redose 4 tabs next day, still hadn’t come down, 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm.

Each one was a magical cloud rise. I was in a delightful magical, elevated place.

I had the most insane night out, full on mega tripping but such a good one.

I redosed 2 more tabs back home at 6 am, but fell into a 9 hour sleep.

I woke up, annoyed I aborted the magical trip with sleep, I took the 9 remaining tabs, and barely much.

Not a patch on the initial 600 ug, not slightly.

I experienced that many times, hence my initial unhappiness about the limitation tolerance exerts on trip frequency and depth.

But something is different now. I don’t know if it’s related to my system being permanently saturated with kavalactones, or just a kind of consciousness hack from longterm extensive tripping.

Either way, like you say, I have shown to myself uncategorically that I can indeed trip seemingly for any number of consecutive days and still access the deepest depths.

Like the initial run of this year’s nutty indulgence of 210 tabs in 20 weeks, the 1st 18 days saw 79.3 tabs, but day one was after a 6 week reset, 1875 ug.

It was no major ordeal. I carried on.

I had a series of mind altering journeys on all sorts of doses.

I was feeling nuts as hell waking after say, 1130 ug, 930 ug (somehow it was like that, the 30 for a while), then on day 16, by which point according to law, no effects should be attainable or significant, 250 ug was as much a trip of a lifetime as any 250 I’ve dropped before.

Day 17, I took 1.55 tabs I trust more than ever to be so consistently laid with a tight margin, at 100 ug ish.

3 doses, half hour apart.

Of every day in those initial 18, that was the true breakthrough trip. It was a much bigger, better and mind travelling affair than the initial 1875 ug.

Day 18 150 ug wasn’t the same but still more than 150 ug from a reset at the time.

Nobody will believe me. Know it’s contradictory to LSD basic principle. And I have experienced genuine referees tolerance to the point of massive doses being obsolete.

But also I always tried to hack into it with strategic reposing maintaining full consciousness and also the headspace and room to continually move into and the imagination to keep tripping.

I can trip it seems way more frequently than is good for me or necessary, and any trip can be as deep and visual and moving as ever, all different.

It may be to do with kava saturation, but my gut tells me there is a huge consciousness factor.

Thank you for asking and hope you are doing well.
Thanks man. I really appreciate the reply and the explanation. Also I’m very jealous. I burned through 30 tabs in a month but only got one decent trip a little while back trying to figure out my tolerance. But I didn’t feel any the worse for it.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the reply and the explanation. Also I’m very jealous. I burned through 30 tabs in a month but only got one decent trip a little while back trying to figure out my tolerance. But I didn’t feel any the worse for it.
It’s actually pros and cons too, on that point. I said to my mum, getting into acid again, how it’s basically got a degree of self protection element via tolerance acquisition.

I really expected too short and sweet experiences, and I wanted the freedom to trip whenever.

But I muse about Syd Barrett and his own path with LSD. It clearly never became obsolete for him, no safety net cap.

It does scare me these days (literally, recent months) imagining just how far he went, realising first hand what is possible.

I did spend a long part of 2020, mini dosing 20-35 ug almost daily, in combo with blissful kava and weed highs, regular 50 ug trips surprisingly full on always.

Bigger doses here, there, and in 2019, then picking up later 2020, a break, then wild intake since February,

So it may be related to the all-over dosing schedule I’ve been on last 2 years. A thought I had.

Because, initially I procured from a very trusty source, clearnet versions at 150 ug each.

I took 1 & a precise third, Jan 2019, 200 ug, first trip in 6.5 years. Even that dose was a total visual blow away. Super fast comeup. Deep headspace. Very spiritual experience.

2 days later, 100 ug I tripped but nothing to write about.

Next night, 300 ug, I was hit by the comeup, 4 hours in it was sparky and lively, but dropped off and no real depth or presence after.

I felt shortchanged and depressed to have used all my tripping credits so instantly.

Something changed. Now, same doses and days, the 300 ug would be an entirely different experience.

I described it one time like being a personal journey into a deep cave, going down. The lantern goes out. Next time I trip, it simply lights up again, and I pick up from where I left off.

That’s honestly how it feels to me, but I think it took the prolonged poly drug + mini dosing, mixed with macro, then going insanely deep prolonged to the point the island I swum out from is gone when I turned around.

A few images and feelings I had anyway.

Last edited:
@Perforated I just edited out an error above, last line said….I described it elsewhere.

I would never put something that way, no context or relevance, as I try to avoid insinuating patronisation.

To me, that’s patronising potentially.

Like, I said it elsewhere so what if I did, I mean I did and didn’t and will gladly say it again as my thoughts evolve.

Just posting this so you know that silly ending line was a mistake.

Low doses, 25 ug for example, still have a noticeable strong effect.
"Strong effect", huh? This is not true and you know it. "Noticeable"? Sure. "Strong"? Not hardly. You of all people should know this.
I’m not disagreeing with you mate, but I do.
Oh of course you do. I already assume you won't agree, b/c 1. you like arguing, 2. you love playing Devil's advocate, 3. you're older than the average Bluelighter by my guess and though we're probs the same age, you crave distinction in your opinions. You want recognition for all you've been through regarding drugs and the resultant knowledge you've accrued over the years.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

You just want to argue, but it's okay; I can easily be accused of the same thing. At least you're in the realm of being on-topic for a change 😄 (Just taking the piss, mate, to borrow a Britishism)
But with you again, 25 ug gives you a surprising lot
Speak for yourself. Who are you trying to convince anyway?

I think I see you in this Doncaster Rave crowd. Nice one, bruvva: 🤘💀

"Strong effect", huh? This is not true and you know it. "Noticeable"? Sure. "Strong"? Not hardly. You of all people should know this.

Oh of course you do. I already assume you won't agree, b/c 1. you like arguing, 2. you love playing Devil's advocate, 3. you're older than the average Bluelighter by my guess and though we're probs the same age, you crave distinction in your opinions. You want recognition for all you've been through regarding drugs and the resultant knowledge you've accrued over the years.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

You just want to argue, but it's okay; I can easily be accused of the same thing. At least you're in the realm of being on-topic for a change 😄 (Just taking the piss, mate, to borrow a Britishism)

Speak for yourself. Who are you trying to convince anyway?

I think I see you in this Doncaster Rave crowd. Nice one, bruvva: 🤘💀

The effect is strong, as in, more than noticeable. But those doses were specifically at certain points in the day, always with a big edible cannabis dose, or later with a lovely kava and weed high.

So admittedly, that was a big part of how I was using those doses, to supplement the kava and weed.

I do love to share old tales I’ll admit too. It’s therapeutic for me, and I speak absolute truth in what I recount. No exaggeration, never trying to brash. Just had so many truly mental times on all that, even still.

I lived it without being schooled on it, I never really did any reading up on MDMA, apart from analysis, until recently. So I can only plead ignorance on that.

If I was able to take it, I’d likely be much more interested and researched about it with substance to contribute, it does interest me though.

And also, with respect @unodelacosa not wishing to argue as such, but honestly there are others here who strongly agree with me, longterm experienced trippers themselves.

@DrumTripper would back me up on this. He really appreciates his 25 ug doses too.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everybody’s experience is different. I thought lots of LSD was supposed to make people understanding and tolerant.

I wanna say that shrooms are much healtier in all ways but if you wanna stay on the acid path, you have to remember to take breaks ( 2 weeks ) and always test ur batch, test that motherfuckin until is wipped off you never know. Also 100 max 120 it's the best dosages for a first timer, have someone you trust be ur trip sitter if you want if not all for better, I found acid experiences to be more ''dynamic'' while alone. Nature it's vital whenever u trip, that's how you get the ''gifts'' if you wanna call it so, yeet for acid.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everybody’s experience is different. I thought lots of LSD was supposed to make people understanding and tolerant.
most people never take a large enough dose to feel like they died so they dont get humbled.

“Not hardly” is also a double negative. Ftr.

It should be a rule, if you’re gonna repeatedly carve into somebody because they just get under your skin, at least use correct language, and rule 2 make sure you only attack when you have NOT completely misinterpreted a correctly phrased, just slightly open to interpretation without context, sentence.

So that at least no false charges are filed. This can happen. It looks even worse on a person’s CV in the long run in the eyes of the attacker even if the suspect’s conviction is repealed. The energy and memory of the conditioning in that moment of enraged response.

Number 2 is actually more important IMO, but not hardly is plain wrong.

As, IMO is “I could care less what Joe Bloggs plugs” lol.

Maybe not here as much, but on other forums I scratch my head at the number of Americans who say “I could care less”, when they mean, “I couldn’t care less”.

Mother Theresa for example, COULD care less lol.

Plus I would also suggest at the very very basic least, whatever how clever we know we (not me, folks) know, think and believe, on a harm reduction forum, I would think, at the very least, try and be a little nice, make your point without using a jagged blade to ram it in there.

I see not the need to get so intense and serious and caustic about anything.

And it’s okay to have feelings too IMO, to feel vulnerable, be prone to upset.

It’s stronger to admit that as well than button a lip. Admitting to sensitivity shouldn’t really be met with scepticism, ridicule or questioning, IMO again, I’m talking about mental health here.

It’s a lot more important than the gospel on what X.999555 micrograms is defined as in the official dictionary.

It’s actually pros and cons too, on that point. I said to my mum, getting into acid again, how it’s basically got a degree of self protection element via tolerance acquisition.

I really expected too short and sweet experiences, and I wanted the freedom to trip whenever.

But I muse about Syd Barrett and his own path with LSD. It clearly never became obsolete for him, no safety net cap.

It does scare me these days (literally, recent months) imagining just how far he went, realising first hand what is possible.

I did spend a long part of 2020, mini dosing 20-35 ug almost daily, in combo with blissful kava and weed highs, regular 50 ug trips surprisingly full on always.

Bigger doses here, there, and in 2019, then picking up later 2020, a break, then wild intake since February,

So it may be related to the all-over dosing schedule I’ve been on last 2 years. A thought I had.

Because, initially I procured from a very trusty source, clearnet versions at 150 ug each.

I took 1 & a precise third, Jan 2019, 200 ug, first trip in 6.5 years. Even that dose was a total visual blow away. Super fast comeup. Deep headspace. Very spiritual experience.

2 days later, 100 ug I tripped but nothing to write about.

Next night, 300 ug, I was hit by the comeup, 4 hours in it was sparky and lively, but dropped off and no real depth or presence after.

I felt shortchanged and depressed to have used all my tripping credits so instantly.

Something changed. Now, same doses and days, the 300 ug would be an entirely different experience.

I described it one time like being a personal journey into a deep cave, going down. The lantern goes out. Next time I trip, it simply lights up again, and I pick up from where I left off.

That’s honestly how it feels to me, but I think it took the prolonged poly drug + mini dosing, mixed with macro, then going insanely deep prolonged to the point the island I swum out from is gone when I turned around.

A few images and feelings I had anyway.

I dont think syds problem was lsd - i think he had schizophrenia. He wouldve become ill if he had never touched lsd - it just sounds more rock n roll to say it was lsd rather than a mental illness.

I dont think lsd is that powerful tho - if you gave donald trump acid would he change?

I dont think syds problem was lsd - i think he had schizophrenia. He wouldve become ill if he had never touched lsd - it just sounds more rock n roll to say it was lsd rather than a mental illness.
Well, so they say, but the actual fact is, nobody really knows for sure.

It’s much more of a hypothesis than a diagnosis, classified as potential undiagnosed schizophrenia.

I know a true schizophrenic very well, was friends years ago still know.

I’ve observed cannabis and LSD equally catapulting him into delusion, social withdrawal and catatonia, sectioning usually imminently to follow, from quite a young age.

Syd displayed zero signs of schizophrenia using cannabis for years.

God knows how much LSD he actually ingested, I dread to think. Starting in 66 when it would have been legal in Chemists. In 1967 alone he must have run through an insane quantity.

To me it’s not inconceivable that he may have taken more milligrams of acid, than days, in 1967 alone. There was also a suspected mega, or overdose resulting in an irreversible overnight change.

You really don’t need to be schizophrenic I don’t feel, to change the way Syd did.

I’ve only dipped my toes quantity wise in comparison recently. But who knows?

I just don’t buy the Schizophrenia explanation because I know simply massively overusing LSD can lead to permanent alterations.

Peter Greene was never viewed as a Schizophrenic but one particular very deep trip on the legendary Orange Sunshine Acid sent him AWOL for 25 years before….coming around lol.

LSD is powerful. Deserves respect. But it’s true, it’s ignition for schizophrenic outbreak and flare up, but so is cannabis in my direct observation of true, genuine and severe schizophrenia.

I dont think lsd is that powerful tho - if you gave donald trump acid would he change?
Well I just said the opposite above whoops.

That assertion feels very incongruous to me. LSD is potentially anyway, exceptionally powerful.

It’s still, on paper, just about, in some way of quantifying and qualifying….officially the strongest or most potent drug in the world, next to high % Salvia extracts, weight/effect wise.

Good post auto, I get the knub of your gist but do you think lsd works that way? The more you take the more likely it is to send you mad? One things certain - i must have taken between 100 and 1000 more trips than syd and greeny ever took. And i aint no mummys boy when it comes to dosing ya heah? 😀

And I am as right as a bobbin. No mental illness here pal..isnt that right mummy?...

No matter how much you take, the duration doesn't change significantly. The actual geometry of the LSD molecule creates a unique set of electrochemical attractions and repulsions, that, once it crosses the blood brain barrier, is not removed easily from the body. As such, the duration will be a solid 8 hours with a residual few hours at the tail end of it.

I don't quite agree with this. It's certainly true that if you take 8 tabs, your trip is not going to be 8 times longer than if you took 1 tab. However, large doses can produce significantly longer trips than small doses and if you read stories about people taking mega doses it's days before they really come down.

So the dose does effect the length of the trip in my experience, just not in a 1:1 ratio. I'd say every time you double the dose, you add a couple hours onto the tail end of your trip just to give a very rough estimate of how dose effects trip length.

^^

They dont prolong the good part of the trip tho do they burnout? From memory a big acid dose gets you really high for the same 6-8 hours but then you feel the shitty hangover bit for longer with a big dose.

Good post auto, I get the knub of your gist but do you think lsd works that way? The more you take the more likely it is to send you mad? One things certain - i must have taken between 100 and 1000 more trips than syd and greeny ever took. And i aint no mummys boy when it comes to dosing ya heah? 😀

And I am as right as a bobbin. No mental illness here pal..isnt that right mummy?...
Same, I mean I can’t say I’ve taken x more/less than anybody without knowing.

I honestly feel it’s logical and plausible Syd ran through 365 mg’s or more, or less, outside of the suspected God knows what possible overdose, in that year alone.

That alone would be an astronomical amount for a lifetime.

I do actually feel LSD can work that way. I totally hear you though, I myself, fully present, conscious, cognisant, communicable, in tune, no loss or negative change in personality or apparent loss of witt, sense of humour and character etc.

As was witnessed in Syd.

A lot of people have gone off the rails with LSD though no question, major prolonged psychotic episodes from prolonged heavy usage.

And seriously, a comfortable 3500 MDMA pills in 9 years, I used all else too but never used acid so deeply for such a prolonged period until this year, after well over a thousand times tripping already bare minimum in 25 years.

And the LSD bender past 20 weeks has changed how I thought.

I believed I could just trip forever, being very grounded, and as acid isn’t exactly harmful for the brain (although it can tax the nervous system).

But no. I would end up like Syd, I see. It would just take a certain quantity.

My head is still fully there as far as all who know me, like no observable negative personality effects, dulling of imagination, humour, sign of loss.

Far from it ironically.

But I feel nuts as hell after my deep trips, the following days, increasingly so, and I’ve felt at times it was a true exercise at maintaining mental calm, focus, passing times.

Way above the mental challenges of post MDMA abuse, although ironically, the MDMA, being damaging, displayed obvious as hell. Clear brain function impairment, especially communication.

I recovered extraordinarily. The LSD feels so much harder to stay with it, control anxiety and panic tendencies. It just doesn’t show at all, as I have zero social anxiety, full self acceptance and confidence in myself and basic abilities.

And a profound degree of calm and control in any social or public situation. I just, don’t feel the pressure. That’s already inside my head. I’ve no fear of others and am fully at ease with my self, and LSD has actually assisted with this kind of self and mental fortification.

Last edited:
I don't quite agree with this. It's certainly true that if you take 8 tabs, your trip is not going to be 8 times longer than if you took 1 tab. However, large doses can produce significantly longer trips than small doses and if you read stories about people taking mega doses it's days before they really come down.

So the dose does effect the length of the trip in my experience, just not in a 1:1 ratio. I'd say every time you double the dose, you add a couple hours onto the tail end of your trip just to give a very rough estimate of how dose effects trip length.
I support that. Large doses equals long trips. Even 250 ug, without tolerance, especially 300, is a 24 hour “experience”.