• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD first timer. Questions and suggestions

Yeah, I think in the interests of harm reduction for an LSD first timer (which this thread is about) we should recommend against combining with weed for the first time.

Lots of people have bad trips or really wig out when they take weed and LSD together. But if you are an experienced user of both drugs and don’t get any anxiety from weed normally then it’s something to experiment with.

Same goes for combining LSD and any other drug. You probably don’t want to go candy flipping on your first time either.

I agree with taking the entire tab or dose. It is not going to be that strong and this is not the 1990s with 250-350ug single dose tabs that were common if you knew the right people.

You can always take lower doses later on.

Smoking pot on acid was always fun, and is an excellent combination.
I agree with everything except the recommendation of smoking weed with it. Marijuana even in the smallest amounts can ruin an otherwise beautiful trip.

I agree with everything except the recommendation of smoking weed with it. Marijuana even in the smallest amounts can ruin an otherwise beautiful trip.
I have taken acid both with and without smoking pot, and both were fine for me. I drank a beer on acid some guy gave me on a train in the morning and it did not effect the acid, but the beer just gave me a headache.

I have taken acid both with and without smoking pot, and both were fine for me. I drank a beer on acid some guy gave me on a train in the morning and it did not effect the acid, but the beer just gave me a headache.
I can't do it. I used to smoke A LOT of weed. Now, I can't imbibe except at extremely low oral doses... And that's therapeutic. Usually it's that or take a Valium. As far as alcohol and LSD goes, I've had some trip that were 100% bonkers with that combo.

Best one to come to memory was in the Grand Tetons. I took 3 hits, then after a time smoked DMT, after I came out of the breakthrough someone handed me a beer and we shotgunned 2 of those and then a person who I had gotten to break through gets out a vial and says "Hold out your hand". I hold my hand out and ate it.

Then she said "Oh that's a bottle wash. You're gonna be okay right?" I shrugged and said "Can't take it back." So I'm tripping out in the woods, fall into a drum circle and start moving to the rhythm. This girl I had met and talked to a couple of times before was drumming and we were looking at each other a lot. After about an hour (time is getting weird at this point) she picks up her drum and asks me to carry it back to her hammock. It was a big bass drum and her camp was at least 500 miles away lol.

So we get back to her camp. Stumbling thorough the fields and woods in darkness. I had all of this crazy imagery of animals (mostly friendly predators) right outside my field of vision). Lily, the sexy drummer, asked me how much I had taken and I shrugged. This was at hour 4-6. She had taken something earlier that night and asked if I has anything on me. I said I didn't know. So I started digging through my bag and pockets. What do I find? 3 more beers, 10-strip (NO IDEA WHO it came from, but the print was what I had taken earlier in the night, so I figured it was good), 4 MDA tablets, and the OTHER gram of DMT I thought I lost.

Not wanting to ruin my fantastic acid trip, I offered her the pick of the litter. She popped one of the MDA tablets, another tab of acid, and cracked the beer. Then she got a grin and said "Is that really DMT?" I said "It sure as fuck is. Have you ever broken through?" She shook her head. I told her to set the beer aside for a sec and we went to our separate places. I came out first and she laid there in bliss for what seemed like 2-3 seconds, I checked my watch. She was blissing out for 10 minutes. It was at this point that Lily realized why I told her to set the beer aside. By that point I was drinking water and at hour 8. No signs of diminishing on the trip front so I decided, fuck it, and took a couple of the MDA.

Then Lily says to me "We should move my hammock. Where are you camped?" I was another hike away, but there was prime hammock space. So I helped her hammock, drum, and backpack over to me. My camp was removed from people and hers was heavily walked by. We get to my camp set up the hammock and fool around for a bit. Then the people I started the night with, started to filter back to our campsite. I got a fire going. Somewhere along the way Lily took another MDA tablet.

So, we're at the fire pit. It's great. Lily rolls out her drum and starts this slow beat. I had a makeshift low range horn (not a diger) that I had been piecing together from metal and tubes, it had the range of a trombone-tuba. I brought my mouth piece in my bag & someone traded me a beat up to shit trumpet, but the valves worked and two weeks of trading had made for a cool sounding instrument. I still feel like I'm peaking, but the energy was relaxed. Her and I kept a bass line going. Then two dudes show up with guitars added the melody, a few more drums, two young women with trumpet and trombone, and this one cat with a flute. So we had a brass section (plus a flute), drum section, two guitarists... Frankly, we sounded good. The fire grows, the music picks up, and the sun starts to come up.

We had played for an hour or so. Watching the light come over the ridges, being into the music, knowing that when I slept I would be sleeping with Lily in her hammock. Pretty soon the wonderful humans from the camp next door came by and said "Thanks for the music, we made y'all breakfast." They brought it by and we all ate at the side of the fire. Genuieinely great conversation. We finish eating and help them clean up their cooksite, after putting out the embers. Then one of the gents who I was talking to, Jib, said "Well, we better get to the meadow." I asked why. Jib and Lily take my hand and say, you'll see. I had noticed people moving towards the big meadow.

So we join this HUGE circle of people in the meadow. And there was this complete silence, everyone held hands, and then OM'd for a while it was neat. Afterwards Lily and I walked back to the hammock and fooled around again. Somewhere in the suspended intercourse she asked me "You really didn't know what was going on, did you?" I said that I just thought it was a bunch of people in the woods. She laughed and said "You're cute and clueless. You're at the rainbow gathering." I thought that I missed it and this was just a gathering... Whatever.

We had hung the hammock in shade and slept from 1300 to 1800. I woke up first and upon my stirring she said "I know that this is ending in a few days and I want to get moving again. Do you want to come with me?" I didn't have a car and was over it too at that point. That was a ++++ experience and it was time to leave that place. She said she was headed toward Fort Collins, CO. That was in the direction I needed to go and frankly, I wanted more time with Lily.

We spent what was left Summer, and part of Fall, together driving around in her Prius. Camping, enjoying each other, getting into a bit of trouble, we hit up a festival or two. That was a good year. She came out to visit me, I went out to visit her, we met each other's families, and grew close. She went back to school, so did I, and one dark day after Christmas but before NYE, her brother called me and told me that she had died on the 26th. I pressed and he said they found her with a needle in her arm. I was close enough that I cae to pay my respects and Lily's mother handed me four envelopes that had been addressed and returned to sender bc I dipped on a bad lease. They were 10-15 pages in length, they got progressively worse, and I could feel her pain coming from the letters like she was crying in my arms. I still think about the time we spent together. That she came to opiates on her own without me. She told me she had started using in the letters, but having not gotten them until it was too late... There was nothing I could do.

I often think that if I had just had my mail forwarded, I would have been able to stop her from killing herself. She never spoke about it when I checked in with her on the phone. No one knew to my knowledge and I did a lot of digging. She was a spark that made my world bright. She was outwardly happy and it was only in moments of intense intimacy that I would see the darkness come out. It was never of a quantity where I thought "Yeah, I need to be concerned." She would say one sentence and then snuggle up against me. I would hold her and ask about what she said, but she always brushed it off. Her family asked me to speak at her memorial. We were friends who loved each other deeply and I spoke. The words could not illustrate what she meant to me, the beauty and adventure and the immense pain of her taking her life. I was relieved when her brother thanked me and walked me to a seat. Wracked with sobs, he thanked me and Lily's mother cried quietly with me through the rest of it.

Apologies for the dark turn. I started writing and it didn't feel like ending it at that night was right. There was so much more. Lots of drinking and LSD along the way. Lots of good times. It was a beautiful human experience. For her to have taken her life like that. To know she was reaching out... Makes all of those happy memories tainted in a way.

I can't do it. I used to smoke A LOT of weed. Now, I can't imbibe except at extremely low oral doses... And that's therapeutic. Usually it's that or take a Valium. As far as alcohol and LSD goes, I've had some trip that were 100% bonkers with that combo.

Best one to come to memory was in the Grand Tetons. I took 3 hits, then after a time smoked DMT, after I came out of the breakthrough someone handed me a beer and we shotgunned 2 of those and then a person who I had gotten to break through gets out a vial and says "Hold out your hand". I hold my hand out and ate it.

Then she said "Oh that's a bottle wash. You're gonna be okay right?" I shrugged and said "Can't take it back." So I'm tripping out in the woods, fall into a drum circle and start moving to the rhythm. This girl I had met and talked to a couple of times before was drumming and we were looking at each other a lot. After about an hour (time is getting weird at this point) she picks up her drum and asks me to carry it back to her hammock. It was a big bass drum and her camp was at least 500 miles away lol.

So we get back to her camp. Stumbling thorough the fields and woods in darkness. I had all of this crazy imagery of animals (mostly friendly predators) right outside my field of vision). Lily, the sexy drummer, asked me how much I had taken and I shrugged. This was at hour 4-6. She had taken something earlier that night and asked if I has anything on me. I said I didn't know. So I started digging through my bag and pockets. What do I find? 3 more beers, 10-strip (NO IDEA WHO it came from, but the print was what I had taken earlier in the night, so I figured it was good), 4 MDA tablets, and the OTHER gram of DMT I thought I lost.

Not wanting to ruin my fantastic acid trip, I offered her the pick of the litter. She popped one of the MDA tablets, another tab of acid, and cracked the beer. Then she got a grin and said "Is that really DMT?" I said "It sure as fuck is. Have you ever broken through?" She shook her head. I told her to set the beer aside for a sec and we went to our separate places. I came out first and she laid there in bliss for what seemed like 2-3 seconds, I checked my watch. She was blissing out for 10 minutes. It was at this point that Lily realized why I told her to set the beer aside. By that point I was drinking water and at hour 8. No signs of diminishing on the trip front so I decided, fuck it, and took a couple of the MDA.

Then Lily says to me "We should move my hammock. Where are you camped?" I was another hike away, but there was prime hammock space. So I helped her hammock, drum, and backpack over to me. My camp was removed from people and hers was heavily walked by. We get to my camp set up the hammock and fool around for a bit. Then the people I started the night with, started to filter back to our campsite. I got a fire going. Somewhere along the way Lily took another MDA tablet.

So, we're at the fire pit. It's great. Lily rolls out her drum and starts this slow beat. I had a makeshift low range horn (not a diger) that I had been piecing together from metal and tubes, it had the range of a trombone-tuba. I brought my mouth piece in my bag & someone traded me a beat up to shit trumpet, but the valves worked and two weeks of trading had made for a cool sounding instrument. I still feel like I'm peaking, but the energy was relaxed. Her and I kept a bass line going. Then two dudes show up with guitars added the melody, a few more drums, two young women with trumpet and trombone, and this one cat with a flute. So we had a brass section (plus a flute), drum section, two guitarists... Frankly, we sounded good. The fire grows, the music picks up, and the sun starts to come up.

We had played for an hour or so. Watching the light come over the ridges, being into the music, knowing that when I slept I would be sleeping with Lily in her hammock. Pretty soon the wonderful humans from the camp next door came by and said "Thanks for the music, we made y'all breakfast." They brought it by and we all ate at the side of the fire. Genuieinely great conversation. We finish eating and help them clean up their cooksite, after putting out the embers. Then one of the gents who I was talking to, Jib, said "Well, we better get to the meadow." I asked why. Jib and Lily take my hand and say, you'll see. I had noticed people moving towards the big meadow.

So we join this HUGE circle of people in the meadow. And there was this complete silence, everyone held hands, and then OM'd for a while it was neat. Afterwards Lily and I walked back to the hammock and fooled around again. Somewhere in the suspended intercourse she asked me "You really didn't know what was going on, did you?" I said that I just thought it was a bunch of people in the woods. She laughed and said "You're cute and clueless. You're at the rainbow gathering." I thought that I missed it and this was just a gathering... Whatever.

We had hung the hammock in shade and slept from 1300 to 1800. I woke up first and upon my stirring she said "I know that this is ending in a few days and I want to get moving again. Do you want to come with me?" I didn't have a car and was over it too at that point. That was a ++++ experience and it was time to leave that place. She said she was headed toward Fort Collins, CO. That was in the direction I needed to go and frankly, I wanted more time with Lily.

We spent what was left Summer, and part of Fall, together driving around in her Prius. Camping, enjoying each other, getting into a bit of trouble, we hit up a festival or two. That was a good year. She came out to visit me, I went out to visit her, we met each other's families, and grew close. She went back to school, so did I, and one dark day after Christmas but before NYE, her brother called me and told me that she had died on the 26th. I pressed and he said they found her with a needle in her arm. I was close enough that I cae to pay my respects and Lily's mother handed me four envelopes that had been addressed and returned to sender bc I dipped on a bad lease. They were 10-15 pages in length, they got progressively worse, and I could feel her pain coming from the letters like she was crying in my arms. I still think about the time we spent together. That she came to opiates on her own without me. She told me she had started using in the letters, but having not gotten them until it was too late... There was nothing I could do.

I often think that if I had just had my mail forwarded, I would have been able to stop her from killing herself. She never spoke about it when I checked in with her on the phone. No one knew to my knowledge and I did a lot of digging. She was a spark that made my world bright. She was outwardly happy and it was only in moments of intense intimacy that I would see the darkness come out. It was never of a quantity where I thought "Yeah, I need to be concerned." She would say one sentence and then snuggle up against me. I would hold her and ask about what she said, but she always brushed it off. Her family asked me to speak at her memorial. We were friends who loved each other deeply and I spoke. The words could not illustrate what she meant to me, the beauty and adventure and the immense pain of her taking her life. I was relieved when her brother thanked me and walked me to a seat. Wracked with sobs, he thanked me and Lily's mother cried quietly with me through the rest of it.

Apologies for the dark turn. I started writing and it didn't feel like ending it at that night was right. There was so much more. Lots of drinking and LSD along the way. Lots of good times. It was a beautiful human experience. For her to have taken her life like that. To know she was reaching out... Makes all of those happy memories tainted in a way.
That’s a really beautiful story. So saddening to read how Lily slipped from the world and from you.

I’ve had some magic moments on acid but nothing like that. Mostly when I was a kid I had negative little trips even though I was with lots of friends. These days I trip big by myself and just spend hours exploring my Persian carpets or, if I’m lucky, watching music play across my walls and ripple through my ceiling.

I can’t imagine hiking anywhere as I often find the comeup and peak incapacitating for an hour or two - but in a good way.

That’s a really beautiful story. So saddening to read how Lily slipped from the world and from you.

I’ve had some magic moments on acid but nothing like that. Mostly when I was a kid I had negative little trips even though I was with lots of friends. These days I trip big by myself and just spend hours exploring my Persian carpets or, if I’m lucky, watching music play across my walls and ripple through my ceiling.

I can’t imagine hiking anywhere as I often find the comeup and peak incapacitating for an hour or two - but in a good way.
I think of the 100's of times I've tripped (It must be in the hundreds...) I've had 4 ++++ experiences. First time I was 16, Peyote, in a naming ceremony. Second time was with Lily, 20/21. Third and fourth were with my wife first time at Bonnaroo in 2010. The most recent one was last Summer and it was full on ego death. Haven't had any psychedelics since that one, but I'm thinking tomorrow might be a good time. They are few and far between, but have changed me every time.

As far as losing people goes... Lily wasn't the first or the last. She was the only true suicide though. The rest were bad reactions or overdoses. To make the best out of otherwise crushing situations, I have had to realize that those moments of pain only serve to make the moments of beauty more profound.

Last edited:
Excellent input :)
Thanks. I try.
I would say that cannabis is not something you want to just throw out there when it comes to taking acid, especially for new people. It massively potentiates the trip and for many experienced people it blows their mind and makes the trip sometimes more difficult.
I think it's just a case-by-case basis. Personally, I smoke weed every single day with very few exceptions. For me, smoking weed while tripping is the shit. No lie: I love that combination. (Note: also, DMT and LSD potentiate each other and can lead to some exceptionally profound states of mind). The cannabis just mellows me out and peaks up the visuals while lending itself to a sort of trance state, and it relieves muscle tension and anxiety. It also enhances the music and it's too bad this isn't the case for everyone, but c'est la vie.

Among my friends, when we trip, it seems there is a divide – those who smoke regularly like me seem to prefer to smoke during the trip, and smoke it up heavily at that. Meanwhile, the occasional, here & there smoker who usually only takes a couple puffs and is sent straight to the moon… those kinda weed smokers, along with people who almost never smoke weed, they get fucking stupid annihilated by smoking weed during a trip, so I'm very well aware of the phenomenon of which you speak. Just pointing out that it isn't universally the case, ya feel me? Not everyone is overwhelmed by the cannabis high.

Smoking pot on acid was always fun, and is an excellent combination.
Hear, hear.

my generation (gen z) tend to do really well with and often prefer low doses such as 1/4 tab.
Yeah you're the same generation that took the Tide Pod challenge. I'd say your credibility is suspect here.

No but really, of course it appears that people do well if they only take a quarter of a hit of acid. That's nothing. But guess what? Unless you take more acid, you are not tripping. Microdosing does not count as tripping acid, no fucking way. And guess what else? You're missing out. Don't be so scared. Overall, LSD is really safe as far as recreational drugs go. Have fun with it while you're young and you can afford the time off. Step up your acid game and trip balls, amigo. You'll learn cool shit from it, and if nothing else you'll have an interesting story to tell from the experience afterward. Good luck! ;)

Yeah you're the same generation that took the Tide Pod challenge. I'd say your credibility is suspect here.
And your generation fell for media sensationalism that gen zers were en masse eating tide pods. Let’s not make straw man arguments please

No but really, of course it appears that people do well if they only take a quarter of a hit of acid. That's nothing. But guess what? Unless you take more acid, you are not tripping. Microdosing does not count as tripping acid, no fucking way. And guess what else? You're missing out. Don't be so scared. Overall, LSD is really safe as far as recreational drugs go. Have fun with it while you're young and you can afford the time off. Step up your acid game and trip balls, amigo. You'll learn cool shit from it, and if nothing else you'll have an interesting story to tell from the experience afterward. Good luck! ;)
I have done multiple trips at 300-400 ug, so yes i have ‘tripped’ under your definition before

sometimes folks aren’t that far away from where they need/want to be mentally, why take a large dose when they don’t need much to get there?

and I’m not talking about microdosing. Most people will easily tell they have consumed a drug on 20+ ug

those sort of doses in the 20-80 ug range are great for concerts, hiking, bike rides, art museums etc.

Albert Hoffman himself would often do low doses in his later experiments with LSD, I think denying all merit of low doses is not very genuine

And your generation fell for media sensationalism that gen zers were en masse eating tide pods. Let’s not make straw man arguments please

I have done multiple trips at 300-400 ug, so yes i have ‘tripped’ under your definition before

sometimes folks aren’t that far away from where they need/want to be mentally, why take a large dose when they don’t need much to get there?

and I’m not talking about microdosing. Most people will easily tell they have consumed a drug on 20+ ug

those sort of doses in the 20-80 ug range are great for concerts, hiking, bike rides, art museums etc.

Albert Hoffman himself would often do low doses in his later experiments with LSD, I think denying all merit of low doses is not very genuine
Yeah. I tend to agree with this. I love tripping big but at 3-400 ug it always incapacitates me for a couple of ours early on. I literally could not leave the house. Often I can’t even navigate inside my house and get stuck in my bedroom unable to walk for a while. But 100 ug I can have a fun and pleasant time in a park on a sunny day and on 50 ug I can joyously potter about my house getting chores done in a kind of convoluted and extremely inefficient way that is a lot of fun. There is merit in all those approaches.

It's a joke for chrissakes. Lighten up there, champ. Learn to tell when someone is kidding and don't take yourself so seriously. Everyone is sensitivo AF around here, I swear.

You'll notice, that's why the second part of my response, my real response, started with the line, “No but really…” See, what that indicates is the previously stated thing wasn't to be taken seriously. #SMH

My point is: it's meaningless to proclaim that your generation is somehow especially adept at tripping on ~25 µg of acid, when it's like, Well yeah no shit, anybody is fine on 25 µg of acid because it's barely a + experience.

But 100 ug I can have a fun and pleasant time in a park on a sunny day and on 50 ug I can joyously potter about my house getting chores done in a kind of convoluted and extremely inefficient way that is a lot of fun. There is merit in all those approaches.
Right so you're talking about the difference between taking three to five hits, versus taking one hit (100µg) or at the lowest, a half a “standard hit”—50µg—and that's assuming you actually know and can confirm the potency of your blotter, which I doubt very seriously. But regardless, at the lowest amount you mentioned, you're still taking twice as much as @thegreenhand just suggested. A quarter hit of acid isn't even worth taking, in my humble opinion, but you're welcome to believe whatever you like. Different strokes for different folks. And it's important to note here: I never claimed acid was a productivity drug. If you want to get shit done, you grab an amphetamine or something, not LSD. If you have weird expectations like this, of course you wind up overwhelmed.

people should trip however they feel is optimal
Sure, as long as they're actually tripping and not just lying to themselves about it. I'm not saying this is you, so try not to be so defensive this time. I'm glad to hear you actually have tried a “heroic dose”, as Terence McKenna suggested (though he was referring to mushrooms and not LSD). And obviously tripping is not for everyone and I am by no means recommending that everyone in the world should just piss in the face of caution and take a massive LSD dose all willy nilly. I'm obviously only talking about dosing within the confines of reason and only for mentally stable people using harm reductive techniques and respecting proper set & setting, and so on & so forth.

We just had this discussion over on the thread, What Should I Expect From a 87.5 Dose of Acid? where—just as I predicted—@FunctionalJnkieGrl was completely underwhelmed from splitting a half hit of acid with her boyfriend – so each took a quarter hit of acid. It doesn't hardly do anything at this dose. But hey, we can agree to disagree, because I'm definitely not gonna continue to argue this point.

Okay well, that's all for me. I'm gonna go trip my face off on 3.5 µg of acid because I like to party Gen Z style. Gonna take a whole 1/32 hit of acid (!!!). So powerful. 🤘 :cool:

EDIT: so at what point is the cut-off for you? Under what µg range do you consider LSD to have no effect?

Right so you're talking about the difference between taking three to five hits, versus taking one hit (100µg) or at the lowest, a half a “standard hit”—50µg—and that's assuming you actually know and can confirm the potency of your blotter, which I doubt very seriously. But regardless, at the lowest amount you mentioned, you're still taking twice as much as @thegreenhand just suggested. A quarter hit of acid isn't even worth taking, in my humble opinion, but you're welcome to believe whatever you like. Different strokes for different folks. And it's important to note here: I never claimed acid was a productivity drug. If you want to get shit done, you grab an amphetamine or something, not LSD. If you have weird expectations like this, of course you wind up overwhelmed.
I get almost all my acid from the same vendor and find that the strength is fairly consistent batch to batch even when he says they come from different manufacturers. Since he advertises them at 100 or 105 ug I’m in the habit of thinking 1 blotter = 100 ug. Maybe they’re 90. Or 110. I dunno. But given the consistency I think about 100 is probably right especially since with zero tolerance the number of blotters seems to correlate pretty well with descriptions of effects of corresponding multiples of 100 ug.

My point, which I think you missed, was that at those three different dosing levels (whether measured in presumed ug or actual blotters) there are three entirely different experiences and each is worthwhile in its own way. Even 50 ug colours one’s emotions, cognition, and perception in a very pleasant way. Some days pleasant is all you need. Other days you need transcendental ego death and rebirth. It’s part of the wonder of the drug that it can deliver you both.

But I agree about 25 ug being too low a dose for many people to bother with. It just doesn’t offer enough distinction between normal experience and something special.
EDIT: so at what point is the cut-off for you? Under what µg range do you consider LSD to have no effect?
I assume you mean no immediately perceptible effect? I think there’s a possibility that doses with no subjective effects may still have positive cognitive or emotional effects in line with what proponents of micro dosing claim. But in the absence of much evidence to that effect I’d say I’m open minded rather than certain.

My ideal dose if I have time to spare and no likelihood of being disturbed by the real world is 3 tabs which I would commonly do once or twice a month. If I am feeling particularly frustrated in my work or another aspect of life I might go to 5 tabs in the hope of coming out of it feeling ‘reset’ and ‘renewed’ cognitively and emotionally. But at those doses it takes me at least 24 hours from the end of the trip before I’m capable of re-engaging with the real world. I take a single tab or half a tab when I want to be tripping but capable of interacting with the real world and usually when I want to spend the better part of the trip outside my apartment. At 3-5 tabs it’s impossible to leave it.

But even 3-5 tabs can have no effect sometimes due to tolerance. I have more than once tripped to the point of total self-annihilation on 5 tabs and then found a day or 2 later that another 5 or even another 10 barely registered. So the cut off point can be a bit contextual and I’m still not entirely sure of how fast my own tolerance resets. It seems to reset enough to have a ‘1-tab’ experience from 3-5 tabs after about 5 days but full effects don’t reset for about 2 weeks I suspect.

My point, which I think you missed, was that at those three different dosing levels (whether measured in presumed ug or actual blotters) there are three entirely different experiences and each is worthwhile in its own way. Even 50 ug colours one’s emotions, cognition, and perception in a very pleasant way.
No I caught your point and I agree with you. I would say that 50 µg constitutes the bare threshold for tripping. @thegreenhand was talking about taking half of that and calling it a worthwhile experience, a notion that I don't fully reject, but in my professional experience people don't trip on 25 µg of acid. And I frequently encounter the young generation (Gen Z) regarding a microdose to be a typical low dose, and I think it's worth clarifying that while there is nothing wrong with microdosing per se it is not the same thing as properly tripping. To each their own, and do what thy will shall be the whole of the law and so on and so forth, etcetera, et al., ad nauseum, QED. I just want to encourage people to stop lying to themselves and stop wasting perfectly good acid due to fear of committing. Tripping takes a certain leap of faith. You have to be willing to relinquish some control and place yourself in a state of vulnerability. That's when real self-change becomes possible, and revelations are made. The pay-off is big when you pull it off with aplomb, tripping I mean. So worth the effort.
Nah, those are 100 µg, single-hit affairs, all of them. Obviously this is entirely opinion-based, and perhaps I'm just less sensitive to LSD than other individuals. It's possible; I can't 100% rule that out. But if I were a gambler, I'd put my money on being right here. Most people will yes feel off-base after heating a quarter hit of acid. They might get the faintest of tracers if it's really pure, bomb shit and they're really new to tripping. Probably not though. The most you'll get in the way of visuals is some color saturation. This is unacceptable to me; one of the biggest reasons I like to trip is to be entranced and amazed by the unfolding geometries and breathtaking visuals.

Meanwhile most people likely will get LSD's signature anxiogenesis and feelings of being uncomfortably energetic. If I'm going through that, I want some impressive visuals in exchange for that unpleasantness.

Picture this: we're all at the bar, drinking beers and taking shots of tequila, except for you. You keep taking little, baby “quarter shots” out of a thimble, and you're drinking 3% alcohol kombucha instead of beer, yet you're talking about how blitzed you're getting and how you need to be cut-off. If I had been looking just for energy for the aforementioned hike, I would've reached for the crystal meth like any normal person ;)

Concerts are oddly an enjoyable affair while tripping pretty hard, and I say this because, despite being surrounded by people, you're not expected to talk much, and it's easy to lose yourself in the music, visuals, lights, people-watching, and especially if you can dance. Dancing while on acid can be one of the greatest feelings in the world, that's my word. Some of the happiest moments in my life, in fact, come directly from this very activity, no lie.

I doubt we'll agree on this point. You clearly seem to have had meaningful experiences on ~25 µg doses and/or have friends with that experience, so there is not a combination of words I can string together persuasive enough to break this belief you have. And it's okay, because I think sooner or later you will realize I'm right about this subject and you'll stop screwing around with quarter hits of acid. But until then, eh, you know whatever, enjoy the microdosed hikes and revel in the feelings of sobriety mixed with the discomfort of having diarrhea at Coachella #coachellarrhea. 👌😬

My 1/4 tab tripsare bliss, no stomach stuff generally, and stuff almost breathes.
Been dropping since the 80s though, so my low-dose trips have plenty of reference material in the memory to draw from and mix into any low-dose trip.
My first time was 2 hits of White Insanity, unbeknownst.
Full-on trips are great, in that they do take over enough to cover (sometimes) the nasty side effects.
But micro-trips are great, in that everything is diminished- so if you’re getting a random shit-trip, it’s not as intense.

But I do somewhat agree, @unodelacosa that in order not to be turned off it forever, a solid dose for a first-timer will put you “there” as opposed to somewhere uncomfortably in between.

BTW - Coachella can get the hell outta my stinkin’ house!

Most important advice. DON’T be scared.

Go into this fearless. It’s for you to program.

No fear. Excitement. Low doses, 25 ug for example, still have a noticeable strong effect. And still 4 to 5 hours before peak has fully levelled, so it’s not shy of an experience.

Generally, it’s Microgram per x minutes. But even 50 ug trips can be a marvellous, divine, mystical experience.

Maybe start 1/4 tab. No anxiety about it.

Ideally, wait two weeks, then half tab, same again, feels sensible.

Please keep us updated, we (def I) are interested in this all.

Definitely, don’t be nervous though.

Be Excited!

people don't trip on 25 µg
I’m not disagreeing with you mate, but I do.

But it’s likely the potentiating synergy of high dose edibles and good weed vaped, plus so much kava which I swear enhances the LSD.

25 to 35 ug has always added a mystical luminous overlay to the blissful kava and cannabis high, the acid really standing out without being a real commitment.

50 ug, with same others, I really like.

More than 100 ug actually strangely.

125 ug is unique and very nice.

I took about 177 ug last night. Coming down incrementally in each trip dose.

25 ug Sunday I was definitely on it. And I still drop the Milligram doses, but 25 ug is not at all obsolete, funnily, on a different day, different mood.

200 ug above is the real magic beginning, 250 better, 500 above is unreal.

Last edited:
A hypothesis could be that all trips mix together a collection of memory, sense input, and imagination to create the experience.
I have found that with a few trips under one’s belt, the memory part of the equation (which now contains past trip data) is more fully mixed into the current trip and can be felt as though it’s magnifying an otherwise innocuous dose.
So 25ug trips can be even more awesome in a way, because one can access heavier effects intentionally, then fade them at will if needed.
Lot of babble, but micro-trips are worth exploring for their own sparkle and magic.
A full-on 150ug (or more) trip is indeed recommended and needed if one finds 50ug tolerable - you just don’t get the mighty visuals without crossing that approximate threshold.

My 1/4 tab tripsare bliss, no stomach stuff generally, and stuff almost breathes.
Been dropping since the 80s though, so my low-dose trips have plenty of reference material in the memory to draw from and mix into any low-dose trip.
My first time was 2 hits of White Insanity, unbeknownst.
Full-on trips are great, in that they do take over enough to cover (sometimes) the nasty side effects.
But micro-trips are great, in that everything is diminished- so if you’re getting a random shit-trip, it’s not as intense.

But I do somewhat agree, @unodelacosa that in order not to be turned off it forever, a solid dose for a first-timer will put you “there” as opposed to somewhere uncomfortably in between.

BTW - Coachella can get the hell outta my stinkin’ house!
Soz I missed your post here. I love your inputs because I can never disagree.

I kind of feel that too, in admission, outside this case/thread, I’m quite encouraging to first timers to dose for a sufficient taste.

125 or 150 ug ideally.

But with you again, 25 ug gives you a surprising lot, maybe moreso with decent weed, without much disruption or sacrifice to some orderly routine and collectible senses.

Hope you are well mate. I’ve munched about 21 mg’s last 5 months, like 1030 ug weekly average. Nuts I know but I’ve not lost all of my witts thankfully.

Soz I missed your post here. I love your inputs because I can never disagree.

I kind of feel that too, in admission, outside this case/thread, I’m quite encouraging to first timers to dose for a sufficient taste.

125 or 150 ug ideally.

But with you again, 25 ug gives you a surprising lot, maybe moreso with decent weed, without much disruption or sacrifice to some orderly routine and collectible senses.

Hope you are well mate. I’ve munched about 21 mg’s last 5 months, like 1030 ug weekly average. Nuts I know but I’ve not lost all of my witts thankfully.
@AutoTripper, I enjoy reading your experiences with LSD but I’m very puzzled by the fact that you don’t seem to experience much tolerance.

If I take 3-5 tabs with no tolerance and trip large then I could take 10 tabs of the same stuff the next day and not feel much more than. Though 5 incapacitates me today 10 would be little more than a buzz tomorrow.

As far as I can tell tolerance from 1 tab resets in about 5 days. However tolerance after 5 tabs might take 10-14 days to reset.

Now sometimes I might take occasional AP’s that interfere with tripping and can be confused for tolerance, but it seems you can get away with tripping way more frequently than I can and you would have many more lifetime trips than me, which theoretically should make you more tolerant.

Can you realy trip repeatedly on large doses on sequential days? For how long?

@AutoTripper, I enjoy reading your experiences with LSD but I’m very puzzled by the fact that you don’t seem to experience much tolerance.

If I take 3-5 tabs with no tolerance and trip large then I could take 10 tabs of the same stuff the next day and not feel much more than. Though 5 incapacitates me today 10 would be little more than a buzz tomorrow.

As far as I can tell tolerance from 1 tab resets in about 5 days. However tolerance after 5 tabs might take 10-14 days to reset.

Now sometimes I might take occasional AP’s that interfere with tripping and can be confused for tolerance, but it seems you can get away with tripping way more frequently than I can and you would have many more lifetime trips than me, which theoretically should make you more tolerant.

Can you realy trip repeatedly on large doses on sequential days? For how long?
Hi thanks, and pertinent to ask I feel.

In my mind, it’s a genuine phenomena. I feel that by whatever mechanism, to a certain degree, I have effectively somehow overcome the tolerance acquisition.

When I re-entered the Lysergamide world Jan 2019 my intitial tabs were so expensive. What bothered my mind most of all was the well documented tolerance factor.

I’ve experienced it myself exactly as you and others describe.

Like, in 2011, some exceptionally strong tabs, stated at 300 ug and solid 24 hour plus full on trips, easily matching 300 ug of clearnet Lysergamides on reflective comparison.

Two at 4.30 pm full comeup in 5 minutes, insane trip. I redose 4 tabs next day, still hadn’t come down, 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm.

Each one was a magical cloud rise. I was in a delightful magical, elevated place.

I had the most insane night out, full on mega tripping but such a good one.

I redosed 2 more tabs back home at 6 am, but fell into a 9 hour sleep.

I woke up, annoyed I aborted the magical trip with sleep, I took the 9 remaining tabs, and barely much.

Not a patch on the initial 600 ug, not slightly.

I experienced that many times, hence my initial unhappiness about the limitation tolerance exerts on trip frequency and depth.

But something is different now. I don’t know if it’s related to my system being permanently saturated with kavalactones, or just a kind of consciousness hack from longterm extensive tripping.

Either way, like you say, I have shown to myself uncategorically that I can indeed trip seemingly for any number of consecutive days and still access the deepest depths.

Like the initial run of this year’s nutty indulgence of 210 tabs in 20 weeks, the 1st 18 days saw 79.3 tabs, but day one was after a 6 week reset, 1875 ug.

It was no major ordeal. I carried on.

I had a series of mind altering journeys on all sorts of doses.

I was feeling nuts as hell waking after say, 1130 ug, 930 ug (somehow it was like that, the 30 for a while), then on day 16, by which point according to law, no effects should be attainable or significant, 250 ug was as much a trip of a lifetime as any 250 I’ve dropped before.

Day 17, I took 1.55 tabs I trust more than ever to be so consistently laid with a tight margin, at 100 ug ish.

3 doses, half hour apart.

Of every day in those initial 18, that was the true breakthrough trip. It was a much bigger, better and mind travelling affair than the initial 1875 ug.

Day 18 150 ug wasn’t the same but still more than 150 ug from a reset at the time.

Nobody will believe me. Know it’s contradictory to LSD basic principle. And I have experienced genuine referees tolerance to the point of massive doses being obsolete.

But also I always tried to hack into it with strategic reposing maintaining full consciousness and also the headspace and room to continually move into and the imagination to keep tripping.

I can trip it seems way more frequently than is good for me or necessary, and any trip can be as deep and visual and moving as ever, all different.

It may be to do with kava saturation, but my gut tells me there is a huge consciousness factor.

Thank you for asking and hope you are doing well.