• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric)

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyones heard those stories.

"a friend of mine took too much acid, and now he still thinks he's a pumpkin, and he tried to peel himself with a knife"
it's a load of shit. i've had so many people tell me the same stories. how many friends does this pumpkin man have? seriously.
it's just not possible. the lsd wears off within 24 hrs.
you might occasionally see things melting in the blurry parts of your peripheral vision. but thats about the most i've ever had.
thats all psychological. i get little "flashbacks" and "trip memories" when i know i'm gonna get on it again after a period of acid abstinence.

if you have a pre-disposition to mental illness. ie your mum was a paranoid schizophrenic, then there is a risk that the lsd can awaken, and prematurely bring that out in you. but as far as i know, even that is speculation.

but it is definitely a drug which needs to be respected. thats why you gradually build up to higher doses, and know your own limits first.

but we are getting off topic. maybe you should move this to the lsd discussion -aus centric thread?

I'm not sure whether this is any input but here goes.

My mate has tripped about 3 times, the last time we tripped was on a Wild Strawberry each. I was fine throughout the trip and loved it. It kept on going for him, like he said he was in a "trip" for over 6 weeks. Whether this is a psychotic break/episode or not it was pretty bad. He was hospitalized and put on anti-psychotics. He's still pretty fucked up.

Although, to be fair he confided in me after the trip that fried him (he didn't have a bad trip at all) he was hearing voices beforehand and had terrible paranoia.

^ That sucks, guess it shows if you have a predisposition to psychotic mental illness that you shouldn't do LSD.

^ That sucks, guess it shows if you have a predisposition to psychotic mental illness that you shouldn't do LSD.

if you have a predisposition to any sort of mental illness, you probably shouldn't be taking anything other than your prescribed medication.

i dont really know what it's like to be inside the head of someone who has a mental illness.
but i wouldn't wanna risk any sort of a comedown
especially from pills or shard. if i was prone to depression or psychotic episodes.

and i certainly wouldn't take the risk of using psychedelics. i have a strong mind, and can handle quite a lot and acid and mushrooms have taken me to uncomfortable places in my own psyche.

although i do wonder, for someone already suffering from a mental illness.
if you were to dose them with a controlled amount of lsd, and have them in a room with a psychiatrist, taking them through moments in their life...

it could have the potential to really help.

in a few small ways i've used trips to change certain things in my life,

like eating habits
cutting back from using ice
my work ethic. setting myself goals.
even down to excercising

getting out of bed and walking 3km to the tram rather than taking a bus
and cutting back to the point of quitting pills altogether. not that i ever felt addicted, and ive easily gone for months on end without them. the temptation isn't even there anymore.

but at the same token, i've found that now i've analysed it, i dislike society as a whole. and think of the general populace as mindless cattle.
and in my own head i feel like i've discovered the difference between the mindless masses and actual good decent people.

but all this is the result of introspective tripping, and analysing the pros and cons of everything. breaking it right down. so if i can trip myself into eating better, excercising and cutting back on other drugs (which was costing me a small fortune) so therefore saving money too.

then surely lsd has the potential to help these people.
but the human brain is way too complex and there are too many variables, such as running the risk of making things worse for these people

has anyone ever really tried the use of psychedelics in therapy? like a proper scientific study into it?

ps. sorry if this is long winded and goes off in tangents.
speed is a terrible drug.

interesting..
i always considered decent pills to be fairly safe.
one of my dislikes about acid though is a grind my teeth like theres no tomorrow :(

That grinding isn't been caused by the LSD.. its more then likely your subconsciously worried/nervous about something without been consciously aware. I know when i trip i'm able to control my heart rate and blood pressure mentally.. when it goes high unintentionally i have to acknowledge my thought process is triggering anxiety and to think of something more relaxing.. the difference is noticeable with in seconds.

I'm not sure whether this is any input but here goes.

My mate has tripped about 3 times, the last time we tripped was on a Wild Strawberry each. I was fine throughout the trip and loved it. It kept on going for him, like he said he was in a "trip" for over 6 weeks. Whether this is a psychotic break/episode or not it was pretty bad. He was hospitalized and put on anti-psychotics. He's still pretty fucked up.

I've had a rather intense brush with psychosis (So i can understand where he's coming from.. it's the most intense form of isolation) on my most recent and probably my last trip for a while, not because it was 'scary'.. but it gave me all the answers i wanted to know about myself and the existence of "life" it literally de-programmed and re-programmed my mind into a state that i had been aiming for since i started using LSD over 1yr 1/2 ago.. full blown ego death is a ridiculously powerful experience.

And unfortunately for some reason any amount of marijuana (even 3 weeks after tripping) still sends me into ego death.. which is not cool when you just want to be stoned with friends argh.

That grinding isn't been caused by the LSD.. its more then likely your subconsciously worried/nervous about something without been consciously aware. I know when i trip i'm able to control my heart rate and blood pressure mentally.. when it goes high unintentionally i have to acknowledge my thought process is triggering anxiety and to think of something more relaxing.. the difference is noticeable with in seconds.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. On my last trip (the Obamas) my friend and I both noticed ourselves shaking or shivering uncontrollably for a good portion of the trip. I was definately in a great mindset with nothing making me nervous or anything like that. I even at one stage remember trying to just relax a lot more than I already was to stop the shaking, and it had no effect. So I would conclude that possibly different tabs with lower purity or the like can cause uncontrollable physical symptoms, which on proper 100% purity lab-grade LSD I don't think you would incur much of at all, as it supposedly has little or no body load.... I don't actually know this for a fact though.

my last trip my heart was racing insanely, then I got worried that I might have to go to hospital and get checked out etc, which made it even worse.
maybe I need to learn how to trip better :p

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. On my last trip (the Obamas) my friend and I both noticed ourselves shaking or shivering uncontrollably for a good portion of the trip. I was definately in a great mindset with nothing making me nervous or anything like that. I even at one stage remember trying to just relax a lot more than I already was to stop the shaking, and it had no effect. So I would conclude that possibly different tabs with lower purity or the like can cause uncontrollable physical symptoms, which on proper 100% purity lab-grade LSD I don't think you would incur much of at all, as it supposedly has little or no body load.... I don't actually know this for a fact though.

LSD can lower you body temperature.

Further searching of the material indicates things like goose bumps and such.

Shivering is your body way of maintaining or raising temperature. The movement twitching of the muscles creates heat.

I remember one trip I had jaw chattering and while I wasn't really shaking uncontrollably I, and my friends had this urge to jiggle and shake our limbs, it probably didn't help that it was cold night, however I remember a friend mentioning that LSD affects dopamine levels and that can give you that 'twitching' feeling. It made me feel quite anxious seeing my friend shaking his leg looking like he's having a seizure however it probably didn't help that I had about 6 cones in a row while coming up on my 2nd ever LSD trip :p.

Brings up another point, I'm a moderate weed smoker and just smoking it by itself i get anxiety, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to trip without the weed and hopefully get a clearer trip with room for deep thought and reduce the mental haze and anxiety?

^ yes definitely, do not smoke weed when you trip.

That said LSD simply causes your anxiety to manifest itself in different ways.

Really you should like at the root cause before of the anxiety before taking powerful drugs such as cannabis or LSD

LSD can lower you body temperature.

Further searching of the material indicates things like goose bumps and such.

Shivering is your body way of maintaining or raising temperature. The movement twitching of the muscles creates heat.

Yeah my friend and I actually discussed that it mightv'e been body temp related effects while tripping. But I dunno. Didn't really feel cold at all. But I guess that's how it often works with drugs. Your body thinks its colder/hotter than it actually is..

LSD DOES cause jaw clenching/bruxism through the activation of serotonin receptors, primarily the 5-HT2a. Same mech as how ecstasy causes jaw clenching.

Physical reactions to LSD are highly variable and nonspecific. The following symptoms have been reported: uterine contractions, hypothermia, fever, elevated levels of blood sugar, goose bumps, decrease in heart rate, jaw clenching, perspiration, pupil-dilation, saliva production, mucus production, sleeplessness, hyperreflexia, and tremors. Some users report a strong metallic taste for the duration of the effects. LSD users have reported numbness, weakness and nausea.

what is LSD? that which is not not LSD...
lol.

But I guess that's how it often works with drugs. Your body thinks its colder/hotter than it actually is..
It's funny, Ecstasy makes me feel cold while my body temperature skyrockets.

^ Ah my mistake. I've never experienced jaw clenching without some form of anxiety involved.

^ yes definitely, do not smoke weed when you trip.

Just as I began to come down on my last trip, I had a few cones and the visuals got insane! Like... everything just changed... I felt like I was in an alien universe.. it was just so crazy in a good way.

over the time i have been dropping acid i have realized that smoking weed brings out the anxiety and waves of paranoia in my trips.
i do however find it to go down as a treat 5+ hours following my dose.

over the time i have been dropping acid i have realized that smoking weed brings out the anxiety and waves of paranoia in my trips.
i do however find it to go down as a treat 5+ hours following my dose.

Heaps more paranoid and anxious with pot.

But if you are in a good environment, fuck it's amazing.

Especially if you smoke as much as you can really quick and then go lay in bed.
Woah..

I think that weed makes the experience that much more amazing. When i'm coming down and feeling sad that all the magic has left, have a few rounds of the peace pipe and we're back in wonderland.

^ well i guess it your natural disposition to things does it. Some people I've known have never freaked out on cannabis, no panic attacks etc.

Personally i find that Cannabis sets me off and that i have to measure and control my dose to the extreme. Perhaps its because I have linked in a psychological said reaction to pot but equally could be related to some sort of physiological relationship.

^ well i guess it your natural disposition to things does it. Some people I've known have never freaked out on cannabis, no panic attacks etc.

Personally i find that Cannabis sets me off and that i have to measure and control my dose to the extreme. Perhaps its because I have linked in a psychological said reaction to pot but equally could be related to some sort of physiological relationship.

i hate weed for similar reasons.
i've found that it's made me very paranoid in the past
i haven't had a cone in over 3 years now. and have no intention of every having it ever again.

aside from the fact that i hate smoking anything.
but i dont get paranoia on acid, i dont get paranoid on speed or pills
but weed gives it every time
and if i'm up for 4+ days on ice. then i'll get paranoid.

i think weed is a lot more harmful than most people would like to admit.
probably worse for the head than acid is

Status
Not open for further replies.