• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD at a rave?

acid seems slightly more rave appropriate than say 40x salvia extract,

but i personally would refrain because most raves are full of mash-tards that get on my wick, and it would feel like i wasted my acid on them.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I have a question though. I know a combination of the two will increase the effects of them, so would 1 hit of L and 70mg MDMA sound appropriate? I took two hits of the same blotter a week ago and I was blown away for 13 hours, and I took 125mg of the same MDMA and had a wonderful time. Would a small amount of each substance combine well, or would I not really feel it? If my question doesn't make too much sense, I can clarify further.

Ok so first time go with one tab but also gauge the music you will be hearing. If its intense then I say hell no. I candy flipped at a very intense rave and because I was a little more experienced with doing that it was a positive experience for me. However, despite experience there are just some raves I never do acid at. Reason being if the music is too intense it easily produces a bad trip. If its your first time just do some E. My first time candyflipping was at a festival that was very chill. Make sure you have experimented with acid in a chill and friendly environment before going out and doing it in a public setting with strangers.

You have experience with both, go for it. Acid is great... As is MDMA and actually compliment one another. You will absolutely love it. Think happy thoughts at all times though. If your a positive person you should have no problems at all but basically your describing a great combo.

I've tried it and it was well, very intense. I just posted a trip report about it too!

I had to go sit in my car because the lights, sound, and people were just too much to handle!

I wouldn't I like being able to get in bed when shit get's intense.

I just learned this lesson the hard way this New Years. I ate a bunch of acid and went to a huge EDM show and wig the fuck out. I almost didn't come back I almost ended up in jail or the hospital I could have been dead I could have killed somebody else do not and I repeat do not eat acid for your very first time in a big setting with lots of people with loud noises. I became super paranoid and I freaked out and I ruined my night and all my friends night because they had to follow me and take care of me

At my first rave, I tried E for the first time. It was magical. LSD can be beautiful at a rave, but it can turn wrong too. I prefer LSD in outdoor settings :)

i wana try candyflipping, it would be perfect for raves, not too much mdma but a fair bit of acid, i think the mdma would stop any bad trip from happening as you would be so open and loving and with the acid you would b tripping and loving the lights n music

It has the potential to turn wrong too. When everything you see is making trackers, you can't focus on anything and start panicking = bad.

Update on my last post above:
I was determined to overcome my bad experience on New Year's eve so I went to another EDM show and took 150ug LSD and this time I found a nice cozy section up in the back of the balcony section where it turned out all the other people were tripping too. I made myself a cozy spot and turned on my gloves and had the time of my LIFE!

So basically my first time doing acid at a festival was the best/worst night of my life. Basically had the best time of my life and if you’ve done acid at a music festival you know it’s like a whole other drug. And there are soooo many great vibes that it just feels spiritual. Basically I had a blast. But towards the end of the festival it started to sprinkle...
So we start walking back to the front to call an Uber... (I’m peaking at this moment) so all of sudden the winds start hitting like ATLEAST 60mph and the rain was coming down and it literally felt like a bunch of paintballs hitting me.. soaking wet, tripping balls, freezing cold, no ride, no cover (if there was, the wind was so strong the rain would still get you), the wind was so strong you would run in place... I’m thinking I’m going to die... it went from beautiful and the perfect temp to one of the worst storms I have ever seen in the matter of minutes. Eventually ended up finding my buddy out of 22,000 people and he had drove there. So I went and sat in his car after about a 2 mile run in the rain.. Called my brother to come pick me up and just like that I was back at the hotel thinking hard about everything that happened. Will never forget that day ever. So if you decide to trip at a festival make sure you don’t Uber lol... lesson learned.

Funny story CarCar and welcome to the forum!

It's hard for me to imagine not doing acid at raves. It's like the perfect drug for raves, at least the kind of raves I end up at. Acid is the go-to for myself and a really wide circle of friends and community. They go hand in hand. Maybe some MDMA once in a while, but acid is where it's at. You party all night on it with boundless energy, no burnout after as long as you get some rest, clean high, safe, no nasty side effects. It's fun, social, music enhancing, trippy in the best way, and you can come out of it the next day like "that was the best day of my life and I'm a better person for it" ...

It'd definitely better suited for an outdoor rave/festival than some dank sketchy warehouse rave, but even for that it can be amazing.

There's nothing better if you ask me. I love being at a festival with a whole bunch of friends on acid dancing all night to high resolution outdoor soundsystems playing the sickest dance music. It's a crazy moment in history that this kind of party exists, it's pretty damn new in the grand scheme of things.

It's a crazy moment in history that this kind of party exists, it's pretty damn new in the grand scheme of things.
I agree, I've gone partying/dancing countless times, 70% of those sober I'd guess, and those can be the absolute best nights.
But I don't agree on LSD being the perfect rave drug, it's perfect when everything around you (music, soundsystem, crowd etc) is perfect, but it rarely is. It's extremely fun while you're into the music, but once I get 'out of it' I just want to chill, talk to some people and my party mood kinda disappears.
I mean, if I went dancing sober, and had a nice LSD trip the day after, I would have had more fun than trying to combine the two. I did like low dose tryptamines for this purpose.. But in my experience psychedelics and raving don't really go hand in hand. Acid does have that flashy party vibe going for it... Anyway, just my opinion

I think it’s perfect environment if there’s a good rave with real professionals as organizers.

Open air ofc

Def a big yes, same goes I think with most psychonauts that had their journeys in and back between space time. There isn't a perfect rave drug and I don't know why these kind of things exists same goes with the 'What kind of stoner are you' catalogation shit, since when all these bullshit trends? younguns came up with these weird ass bottles, we old skoolers stood by PLUR and i'm glad that term wasn't forgot and they use it but with the raves nowadays you got phones.. and what not they forgot to live the moment, anyway if you plan to go to a rave I don't know if it's your first one but if it's you want to scan your surroundings and make friends there in case you ain't got any. What you don't need to bring to a rave it's DMT haha, that's something you don't wanna be on when you are there haha but like acid it's aye, isn't much to tell honestly. Just have fun and live your life safely.

I mean if you are looking to go all out and go dummi in the crowd throw back some mdma.

I didn’t dance much on acid but it was so beautiful I had my jaw dropped the whole time. Don’t get me wrong you still feel the music flowing through your body but it’s too much to dance and plus I was having a little paranoia. I wasn’t like freaking out or anything, I just didn’t feel comfortable dancing in front of people on acid. Which nobody there gives a shit. I was on 220 mics and half the time I was in the crowd I felt as if I was floating above the crowd. It was as if I could hear the crowd from above but I was still seeing everything from the crowd. You just have to learn how to let go. And another thing that helps is if you have a rave family to guide you around. You shouldn’t have to worry about bad vibes in the crowd. For example I was fucked up off the Molly come up and I decided to sit down in the crowd and literally everyone around me was fanning me off, giving me water, and flooding me with positive vibes. That’s the shit that makes you want to go back.

acid seems slightly more rave appropriate than say 40x salvia extract,

but i personally would refrain because most raves are full of mash-tards that get on my wick, and it would feel like i wasted my acid on them.
Agreed. Acid should be used to tune inwards to yourself, not get hearing loss with your drunk friends.

Go to the right parties :)

Anyway, while I agree that acid isn't very well suited for raves, there is no 'should be used'. I take psychedelics all the time with the intention to just have a fun time, or a cool day/night. I understand that there can be a lot of spiritual value in an acid trip, but I see nothing wrong with taking an hedonistic approach and just taking it to make the dancing experience even better. Probably both aren't even mutually exclusive.

In my opinion acid is best taken in the company of some good friends and a killer playlist. That's not even that far off from a rave, but it comes with lots of 'ifs'.

Idk man, the 'should be used to tune inwards' sounded kinda snobbisch, put me off.

So I recently took my first acid, 100 ug of 1P-LSD, at my home with two friends. It was wonderful, just one big happy vibe for hours on end. Lots of laughs and energy. No twisted introspective moments like I've had with shrooms or ketamine, but all outward joy. Hypersensitive senses.

Now this summer I'll be visiting a weekend rave, so taking LSD one night is interesting because 3 consecutive days of stimulant use isn't. I'd say half a tab (50 ug) would be perfect, to sort of compensate for the abundance of stimuli as opposed to a home setting, so as to not get overwhelmed at the rave. Like, we watched a nature documentary on acid and that had me tripping balls, which was nice considering I sat on my own couch with two like-minded people. I wouldn't like the same experience watching the stage visuals standing between hundreds of people... I think. On the other hand, I regularly take multiple bumps of ketamine at a rave and it by no means unsettles me.

Or would 50 ug be too light a dose? A friend of mine took 50 ug at a rave, liked it, but started candy-flipping later on just to get a little more out of it.