Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD at a rave?

blackpanther

Greenlighter
Hi everybody :)

I have a quick question for you all. Do you think it would be a good or bad idea for me to take LSD at a rave? (it will be my first time, too.) I've got a lot of mixed opinions, some people say they have the most amazing time of their life and some people say its too much to handle.

A lot of friends who have used LSD have told me to take it in a secure place where I feel safe and I'm around people I trust. I know that everybody is different and the only way to really know is to do it myself.

But if I take it, do you have any advice for me?

Thanks <3 Black Panther

first time on acid at a rave would be a horrible idea. (maybe)
tons of people you dont know, lots of stimuli, in all honesty it would maybe be too much
to handle.

trip somewhere quiet in nature in the sun with a few close friends, save the mdma for the raving ;)

when you are experienced reasonably with lsd, id say a rave would be fine,
but not a first time as the acid might floor you (could be weak, could be overly strong)
best to play it safe with these things.
psychedelics are STRONG drugs with powerful effects.

good luck and happy trippin.

search for a thread in PD titled "i finally bought acid".
its pretty good with solid advice throughout (id read all 3 pages)

peace x

Personally my first time taking LSD was at a huge music festival which I had never been to before. I was lucky that I was able to walk around and get away from all of the stimiluation, I just ended up chilling by the river watching the stars and the lasers for most of the night - but I was definitely floored.

I would recommend not taking it at a rave, unless there is somewhere that you would be able to get away from everything - but at that point you might as well just do it at home or at a friend's house. Either way im sure your mind will be blown - good luck :)

if you go to the rave with a good group of people that you love and trust then it would probably be good. I have seen a first time acid experience at a rave and she had a wonderful time. She was my roommates girlfriend. I had a strange experience with a mixture of 2ce and lsd. but she loved it... in fact i think she even turned it into a candyflip.

Some parties, or raves, have good amounts of positive energy. So eating acid is fun to do because you get very aware of all the positive energy. It's hard not to have fun. Things can get weird... but it happens with tripping. It's a long time to feel good for... ya know.

mushrooms on the other hand I would not dose at a rave especially if it is your first time... maybe a psy-trance party... but not for a rave. Acid and E are awesome for raves.

I think it all depends on your age, your other drug experiences, and your attitude on life and living.

If you dose, dose big. Do not be afraid... it is hard to take too much acid and it is rather easy to take not enough. make sure you have close friends that are looking out after you. People that are fun to go out and that you can check up on from time to time. Try to stay the whole time also. Raves are an incredible experience especially with acid.

Enjoy.

what the others said.

do it with close trustworty people in familiar surroundings first and then maybe try it at a rave.

even then the most experienced user can experience a bad trip.

be warned (imo) bad trips are the worst experiences possible (i would not wish them on my worst enemy)

So this might be a stupid question, but what if i take like half a tab? Just a thought.. x]

take 2 tabs to avoid disappointment, as tabs are notoriously weak nowadays.
thats not to say yours will be.

but half a tab almost always does nothing.
when re-dosing, if you do not redose within the hour of taking the first dose
(that is if you dont want to take both at once)
then any time after that and it will not get you higher or make the trip more intense
but rather just prolong it.

tolerance to lsd builds up fast in the human body,
which is why u need to wait at LEAST a week between trips.
(see the mushrooms & lsd tolerance FAQ thread at the top of PD)

ask the source of the acid for an honest review of how good they are,
so that you know how many to take.
but yes, i always say take 2 to avoid disappointment.

Ok omicamushroom you just made me feel way more willing to try it at a rave. I do understand what everyone is saying about it becoming overwhelming because i've taken shrooms at a rave, I ate too much and I had to go to the car.

But I'm not afraid to try it because I really enjoy raves and I'm going with trustworthy friends. I have a positive attitude on life. and I've given up rolling and I want to experience something different. :)

I think that as long as I understand what I'm getting myself I should be ok. So maybe just one tab?

oh youve done shrooms?

ah fair enough, thats a totally different story then!

yeah in that case man you'll be fine :D
shrooms are generally more dark and twisted than acid.
if you survived that experience then youll most likely be fine bro.

and one tab? pah!
2 to avoid disappointment bro! but in all honesty, ask the source how strong they are,
or people whove had the same ones before.

LSD at raves definently are common at raves and people tripping but it's done at a lower dose 1-2 blotters and often are shut down by promotors because some kid will be outa wack after he took a huge ammount. I'd do 1, but be aware that raves are nonstop 6+ hours of loud music and there is no downtime. Have fun.

2-3hits and youll be gone. perfect. ^DUDE, no way. they know pretty much everyone there is attempting to roll, they dont give a flying fuck if you drop.

I tend to dislike taking psychs at raves and such...its weird, i get creeped out by people and can't really lose myself, like I read too much into peoples faces and see everyones dark sides it seems, so i've always ended up going off into nature with friends and enjoy my trip like that instead. However i guess i can attribute some of my negative feelings to the fact that droney modern psy/dark psy really pisses me off, the same 4x4 beat going on for hours and hours, fucking annoying.

yeah... definitely take a couple hits. the girl I went with started with 1... but ended up taking a couple more at the rave and some ecstasy [round transformers]. She had a blast. But the initial dose was not enough. I told her to take 3 to begin with, but she would not. She was afraid. Don't be afraid. The dose response curve is big enough where a couple extra hits won't really be overkill. Eat 3, and pretend as though you only at one. Think 3 hits equals 1 dose. I have another friend that is also always afraid of dosing too high. So he sticks to 1 or 2 and is always underwhelmed and claims that these tabs are bullshit. He'll end up take some e pills and the synergy will get him fucked up good. Whereas I'll take 4 or 5 and listening to him makes me doubt myself. But by the end of the night I say to myself damn did I trip hard. I don't like getting fucked up, but I love tripping out on acid... especially at raves. I tend to use mushrooms more if I'm in nature.

The extra couple definitely makes a difference. 2 or 3 should be enough if you have no tolerance. Just focus on all the positive energy. Weird shit will happen, and because it is acid you will become engrossed. It's hard not too. Just remember not to get in a loop. There is lots of interesting things to see [deco], awesome people to talk to, weird people to talk to, and sometimes really stellar music to listen to.

If you have been to a rave before and know some of the community, then you know the deal. If you have experience using chemicals you should be fine. Acid is awesome. It really fucking is. Eat the dose before you go in. Try coming up while standing in line. You'll slowly start to lose your mind and by the time you are in the club it will be like entering another world. You should still be tripping when you leave, and that is also wonderful. I like going home and making breakfast with my friends. The post trip chatter is amazing. The good vibes continue way into the afternoon.

Acid at a rave is awesome because of its long lasting effects. The raves I go to are usually 8 - 10 hours longs so it is perfect for me. I love leaving and watching the sun rise on the way back still all tripped out. The conversations that happen are amazing and everyone in the car had just as amazing experience as you did. Ah I love it.

first time on acid at a rave would be a horrible idea. (maybe)
tons of people you dont know, lots of stimuli, in all honesty it would maybe be too much
to handle.

trip somewhere quiet in nature in the sun with a few close friends, save the mdma for the raving ;)

when you are experienced reasonably with lsd, id say a rave would be fine,
but not a first time as the acid might floor you (could be weak, could be overly strong)
best to play it safe with these things.
psychedelics are STRONG drugs with powerful effects.

good luck and happy trippin.

search for a thread in PD titled "i finally bought acid".
its pretty good with solid advice throughout (id read all 3 pages)

peace x
Ive never seen this affection from you Sega 8o

Some of the BEST trips of my life happened while tripping on LSD at raves!!!!

I say you DO IT!!!!

Thanks for all the advice you guys I really appreciate it! Omicamushroom you're stories alone give me some confidence to do it at a rave. I'm prepared for all the negative things that could happen but I'm expecting to have an amazing time :) No sense in being afraid.

If there's anything else I should know please feel free to educate me! And I will definitely be checking out the 'I finally bought acid' thread.
Oh and FYI I'm a girl :)

<3

me and wise guessed.
we talked on msn &
he asked why i put an X at the end.
he said u seemed like a girl cos of the heart.
i said i didnt notice, but i was just spreadin the love. :)
<3

remember and do some nekked raving at some point ;)

Go for it, if you can take a good amount of acid and have fun with it and just go with the flow of the rave, it's gonna be one of the funnest nights of your life. Just try not to get too overwhelmed by all of it, then it could get a bit confusing and weird. Again, have fun with it, and make it a good trip.

PS all those rolling kids are missing out, lightshows on acid are waaaaaay better than e. all the visual and auditory stimuli at raves just makes the trip fucking awesome.