• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lowest dose, least addictive opioid - most affordable?

I think there can be analgesia without euphoria. Right?
Yeah I don’t think it’s impossible to get euphoria, but someone with more knowledge than I, will be able to explain the way it is designed. Affinity and potency are different I think!!

good luck on your foxy binge. drink lots of h2o for a better buzz!

I feel over time, my bodily pharmacokinetics have changed to where now I must metabolize a lot into “M1.”

My first time trying tramadol fresh into opiates, in withdrawal so tried a 200mg. Felt absolutely nothing from it.

Years and years later, lots of opiates under my bent, I’m in major withdrawal from suboxone and try 100mg. Within an hour I’m not only completely out of withdrawal but feeling good. To give perspective, about a week up until I took that 100mg I was eating Kratom and lope like it was going outta style. ~50g kratom leaf, plus lots of extracts on top of that, and 20-40mg lope a day too. 100mg tramadol was able to do more than ALL of that.

Two guesses as to why...

1) Chronic opiate use changes the way we metabolize them. This is shown with morphine where there is a marked increase in BA between naive and chronic users, chronic users having a much higher BA than naive users.

2) Suboxone withdrawal is a unique beast. It is said that suboxone does have some effects on serotonin, hence its anti depressant action. Maybe there’s slight SSRI/SNRI action with buprenorphine too that only tramadol was able to quell?

Either way ever since then tramadol is very potent to me now. In fact I can take 15-25mg while on suboxone and feel it, there’s almost a synergy.

-GC

It's odd you mention this. I was heavily addicted to tramadol for a good 10 years. Other opioid users pretty much laughed at me, but I swear on my grave, for years I received a very heroin-esque high. It started off very stimulating (more productive than amphetamine 'stimulation') and then slowly faded into a noddy dreamy state after about 3 hours in (which is around when it finished metabolizing). I nodded hard and was SO euphoric every time I took it. This lasted for years. I couldn't understand back then why people hated it so much.

But then after getting into morphine, heroin, fentanyl and buprenorphine a few years later, it seems like my tramadol has stopped working. I thought it was tolerance but even after some absence, I still do not get those AMAZING effects from tramadol like I use to. I mostly get the serotonergic nausea and tingling in my brain like I'm about to have a seizure. No nodding, no extreme euphoric or enhanced appreciation for music (which was my favorite past time, getting high on tramadol and collecting and listening to the most obscure and crazy underground music I could find). I use to sit and nod and listen to my music for hours and hours and never get bored. I put so many burn holes in my blankets from nodding out & listening to music. Of course it's been awhile since any opioid gave me this powerful euphoria and lust for my favorite music, but I've always wondered what happened to me and my beloved tramadol. Now the only opioid I really crave for is heroin.

I'd say poppy seed tea can be a pretty cheap and least euphoric opiate. I have found that even just grabbing some jars from the local store and mixing it up in water & lemon juice and drinking that will give me very very mild tingles of opiate feelings. Low enough that it's not very compulsive or addictive because there's not really any euphoria there, but I do feel a unique heaviness in the body and an increased desire to lay down and sleep.

Buprenorphine is a very limited drug. It goes for pretty cheap out there and a non-tolerant user can literally make an whole 8mg strip last them an entire month. But using this is an easy way to form a dependence.

I don't think anyone should use opioids for anything unless they are in pain, are already an addict or don't care to gain a dependence because it will happen eventually.

I'd agree with nznity too who said that once you've been addicted for long enough and lose the magic you will end up delving into other drugs (usually stimulants) to bring it back or to be able to enjoy yourself in a recreational way. I've always hated the way methamphetamine changes people but I wound up getting hooked on it for a bit after tiring of the same old groggy non-euphoric feelings I was getting each day from buprenorphine.

Kratom is probably one of the cheapest, easiest, least euphoric and legal ways to obtain an opioid, but from my experience, I have felt nothing even resembling traditional opioids from any brand of Kratom I've tried. All that plant matter in my stomach always ruined the experience too from the nausea and indigestion.

Last edited:
My answer to OP is kratom. When I was opiate naive it gave mild euphoria and some of the opiate itches and warmth. With tolerance it is only good for easing withdrawals from heavier stuff (it provides a small amount of relief.)

It is interesting to see others who have "lost the magic." I am going on Suboxone as soon as drug testing resumes at the place I go (shut down from covid.)

I use opioids every day. I often am in an itchy, nodding state but it's not euphoric/pleasurable, more just fucking annoying because it makes it impossible to do something productive or even watch a movie.

Oxycontone?

I just need to zone out for a while, couple weeks.

I've tried other transmitters, only opioid I've tried is codeine, which is nice, but not too strong it being in solpidine at low dose.

Recommendation for any particular type of opioid for low grade user, not looking to get obliterated or anything overtly habit forming.

Names?

Opioids from weakest to strongest:
Codeine
Tramadol
Meperidine
Dihydrocodeine
Morphine/ Hydrocodone
Oxycodone
Diamorphine
Oxymorphone
Methadone
Hydromorphone
Buprenorphine
Fentanyl

You're playing with fire here. To answer your question, Codeine would be the most affordable and least addictive one but since you're saying that you already tried it and u want something stronger i'd suggest oxy. Although don't say we didn't warn you, opiates are no joke they feel too friggin good and i haven't met a single person who can control their use, eventually it catches up on you and you end up with a habit, so take that into account. Stay safe NZN.
^ this .... It took me about 12 years to work up to oxy from codeine, but then as soon as my life circumstances changed, I worked up to a £1000 a month, 3 year Heroin habit that Im still struggling to beat and will probably be with me for life. Savings gone (thanks to crack as well but that's another story) Had you told me this would happen years ago, I would have never believed you! I'm educated and was in a good professional job but shit happens and now I'm trying to piece things back together.
Taking 600 mg of tramadol is dangerous because it could very well cause a seizure, especially if you're taking other meds that compete for your liver enzymes.
Presumably those 200 mg pills are extended-release (meaning they give your body more time to metabolize the drug), but even then one *really* shouldn't exceed the maximum daily dose of 400 mg per day.

I'd also like to say 200mg slow release tramadol can make you really, really sick if you're not used to it. I once dropped a ibuprofen on the floor, picked up a 200mg tramadol extended release that my partner had dropped. They were both pink, I thought it was the one I dropped. I was pretty opiate naive so when I took it I was throwing my guts up still 12 hrs later it was goddam awful.

Warnings aside, best bet, I guess is codeine phosphate without anything else like paracetemol in it, or some dihydrocodeine without added painkillers, as you can work out your dosage without being ill. I've no idea what taking even a small oxy dose would be like if you're not used to opiates. But perhaps another drug class would be more suited and less addictive? Benzos are just as bad, even if different, another story.

Last edited:
Well, I've been sticking with "Solpidine", which has 8 mg codeine phosphate per tab and I take 2 at a time, not more frequently than twice a day.

That's enough take the edge off.

Usual doses are noted as typically 30 mg up to 4x per day.

It's relatively cheap and very accessible.
It's enough to give a "opioid buzz", albeit mild.

Tolerance is a consideration so try to only use when really necessary.

I guess I could go up a notch and get tabs of some prescription opioid but, then tolerance would really become an issue.

Obviously it's mixed with paracetamol which isn't ideal and if I could attain a relatively similar dose of some opioid drug that I could take with the same frequency, same effect etc, without the paracetamol - I would.

But alas, it doesn't appear there's an equivalent available without increasing the dose/potency substantially which I'm fairly reluctant to do.

Pfff - turns out you can get pure codeine products OTC.

Codinex and Codant, DF188 and Paracodin.

One has codeine phosphate, the other dihydrocodeine.

For somewhat long term use, weeks, maybe months - avoiding tolerance and/or dependance, would one be more recommended over the other?

Opiate. Dihydrocodeine hydrogen tartrate 12.1mg/ 5ml. Syrup.

This is the drug I'm looking at.

Say 10 ml.

About 25 mg of dihydrocodeine - it's enough to feel an appreciable opioid effect?

It's odd you mention this. I was heavily addicted to tramadol for a good 10 years. Other opioid users pretty much laughed at me, but I swear on my grave, for years I received a very heroin-esque high. It started off very stimulating (more productive than amphetamine 'stimulation') and then slowly faded into a noddy dreamy state after about 3 hours in (which is around when it finished metabolizing). I nodded hard and was SO euphoric every time I took it. This lasted for years. I couldn't understand back then why people hated it so much.

But then after getting into morphine, heroin, fentanyl and buprenorphine a few years later, it seems like my tramadol has stopped working.
It is definitely like that for some people, I have been taking oxys and morphine for a while, but tramadol is the cheapest and most accessible ever, for me, my tolerance is too high now, but last night with 900mg of tramadol 40mg of diazepam and weed I was covered by a warm and euphoric blanket scratching my body with pleasure, I have to leave it for a few days to feel something.

love it or hate it, there's no middle ground

This is the drug I'm looking at.

Say 10 ml.

About 25 mg of dihydrocodeine - it's enough to feel an appreciable opioid effect?

Here you have good information about dosage and effects.
25mg is a very low dose

for best results in my opinion to keep addiction and dependence at bay id take some codiene a benzo and a shot but nw careful as this can be very dangerous id say do that n wait an hour as it dont see. Like your an addict

I've personally taken 45mg oxy 2mg xanax and a shot but I'm a full blown addict

for best results in my opinion to keep addiction and dependence at bay id take some codiene a benzo and a shot but nw careful as this can be very dangerous id say do that n wait an hour as it dont see. Like your an addict

I've personally taken 45mg oxy 2mg xanax and a shot but I'm a full blown addict

The OP asks about such a low dose of DHC, 25mg ... I guess he is a naive opiate. If he took oxy with xanax I'm not sure if he would live, or if he would have a good time haha

The OP asks about such a low dose of DHC, 25mg ... I guess he is a naive opiate. If he took oxy with xanax I'm not sure if he would live, or if he would have a good time haha

Lol thats why i suggested he stick with the codiene and a benzo maybe valium thats not as strong lol he is clearly opiate nieve and would prally think he was dying if he took xanax and oxy lol

Lol thats why i suggested he stick with the codiene and a benzo maybe valium thats not as strong lol he is clearly opiate nieve and would prally think he was dying if he took xanax and oxy lol

Haha yes, I was just saying it because 45mg of oxy and 2mg of xanax make me feel great, but I don't know if OP would breathe.

Haha yes, I was just saying it because 45mg of oxy and 2mg of xanax make me feel great, but I don't know if OP would breathe.

Lol i know I just wanted to make sure I was specific so I don't get a warning for promoting drug use as this is a harm reduction site

If you can get dried poppy pods, they are very inexpensive and they are potent. If you use them, read other peoples' experiences and start small.
As others warned, they all are addictive and if not careful, fatally dangerous.
Yea i agree he not got a big tolerance and pods will give him a good high. But worry is he will love it and it a horrible withdraw like other opiates. He would be best to stay away but if not just do some codeine try the pods but tell himself once in a blue moon

Klonopin, coffee, weed, and some Led Zeppelin in headphones and you will be A-OK. Fuck opiates, they are the most over rated piece of shit drugs in the history of humankind.
but have you IV'ed hydromorphone? the rush that only lasts a minute or two i think its one of the top physical highs in the drug world.