• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lowest dose, least addictive opioid - most affordable?

Yes i would recommend it for only severe opioid addicts who are addicted to high doses of opioids and had failed quitting before or for heavy intravenous opioid users (like i was). Buprenorphine is the better option for the person addicted to snorting moderate doses of oxycodone, etc...

Had buprenorphine been more common back then (around 2005) i probably would have gone that route but i doubt it would have worked as well. With methadone i was able to get high as a kite everyday and i basically just got sick of it. Im a firm believer that high dose methadone is more effective than lower doses.

I get that. Even though opiates (especially heavier ones) are a beautiful feeling beyond words sometimes you just need to let things ride their course. When it feels so incredible there's no way to quit lmao, you'll always be wondering what you're missing. If the high just becomes a 5/10 baseline even with large doses psychologically the addiction gets a bit weaker and it's for the best. I have never experienced such a psychologically seductive substance.. or found other substances besides opiates to be so life consuming. I'm sure others have many problems besides opiate addiction though, and some do not even like opiates.

I'd say people have a solid 2 years before opiates lose their magic. You can still get high as the ivory tower but it starts to just become only a high and lose the pleasure component. At the end of the day opiate addiction is just controlling your moods to a degree. Once it no longer is an antidepressant, it feels baseline to me. I have issues controlling my adderall use so I'd like to avoid meth LOL. Plus, meth does deteriorate your brain and sanity. Everyone who says meth isn't that bad ends up in a very dark place. I'm sure methamphetamine is just a more pleasurable and stronger adderall. Adderall is already so strong to me.

kratom or ODSMT would be my answer, though I wouldn't exactly encourage someone to start using opioids unless they truly need them. It's a dark, dark road to go down my friend

If you can metabolize tramadol to M1 as an ultra rapid metabolizer than it is actually quite potent. Affinity of M1 to opioid receptors is much weaker than morphine's but only approximately twice as weak as oxycodone's and even less than twice as weak as hydrocodone's. In theory u can digest 400mg of tramadol and produce (in your body) 80mg of M1 which is moderately strong, has half-life of 7-9 hours and is also snri but to lesser degree than it's parent compound, tramadol.

Oxycontone?

I just need to zone out for a while, couple weeks.

I've tried other transmitters, only opioid I've tried is codeine, which is nice, but not too strong it being in solpidine at low dose.

Recommendation for any particular type of opioid for low grade user, not looking to get obliterated or anything overtly habit forming.

Names?

In the long run I very much doubt it matters.

Speaking purely from my experience... If you're at all like me or many other opioid addicts I've known, there is no "less habit forming". Any use...ANY use at all is gonna be just the first step to the same destination.

Honestly, codeine was already going to have been my suggestion. And only because it's so mild and has a ceiling dose. That you're already switching to something stronger sounds exactly like how I wound up shooting heroin every day.

But hey, it's your body, no judgements here. I speak only out of concern for you.

Uhh, tramadol is also pretty weak, but higher doses cause seizures so it's dangerous too... I wish I had more advice for specifically what you're asking rather than just bleak warnings, I just keep coming back to feeling like there is no answer here that really meets the "not overly habit forming" criteria.

All opioids are habit forming.

Opiates addiction is hard but id say opioids are the most comforting class of drugs we've come across as a species, nothing else eases the pains of the body or the pains of existence as opioids...

Oh wow does this ring true to me. I don't think I'd say it in such absolute terms. I don't believe everyone experiences opioids the way those of us prone to addiction towards them do. I've known people who can seemingly use opioids and not experience that same instant need for them I did.

But to me, yeah.. Opioid addiction is horrible, but I can't truly say I don't still love opioids. That's the problem. :(

If you can metabolize tramadol to M1 as an ultra rapid metabolizer than it is actually quite potent. Affinity of M1 to opioid receptors is much weaker than morphine's but only approximately twice as weak as oxycodone's and even less than twice as weak as hydrocodone's. In theory u can digest 400mg of tramadol and produce (in your body) 80mg of M1 which is moderately strong, has half-life of 7-9 hours and is also snri but to lesser degree than it's parent compound, tramadol.

I feel over time, my bodily pharmacokinetics have changed to where now I must metabolize a lot into “M1.”

My first time trying tramadol fresh into opiates, in withdrawal so tried a 200mg. Felt absolutely nothing from it.

Years and years later, lots of opiates under my bent, I’m in major withdrawal from suboxone and try 100mg. Within an hour I’m not only completely out of withdrawal but feeling good. To give perspective, about a week up until I took that 100mg I was eating Kratom and lope like it was going outta style. ~50g kratom leaf, plus lots of extracts on top of that, and 20-40mg lope a day too. 100mg tramadol was able to do more than ALL of that.

Two guesses as to why...

1) Chronic opiate use changes the way we metabolize them. This is shown with morphine where there is a marked increase in BA between naive and chronic users, chronic users having a much higher BA than naive users.

2) Suboxone withdrawal is a unique beast. It is said that suboxone does have some effects on serotonin, hence its anti depressant action. Maybe there’s slight SSRI/SNRI action with buprenorphine too that only tramadol was able to quell?

Either way ever since then tramadol is very potent to me now. In fact I can take 15-25mg while on suboxone and feel it, there’s almost a synergy.

-GC

Its possible your body learnt how to metabolize it into M1 more effectively. On the other hand, i am ultra rapid metabolizer too but once in a while i am absolutely not able to feel any M1 opioid-like effects from any dose. Only serotonine releasing and NRI effects of tramadol were felt and it was like i was on some kind of MDMA. I had huge pupils, sweating so fcking lot and high temperature. Also body face and muscle twitches and once cardiovascular colapse and once seizure. It was not only tramadol hydrochloride's fault but also my stupidity and alprazolam withdrawal. I was on 400-850mg daily. Now i am on 20mg/10mg oxy/naloxone 12 hours acting pills and even they are MUCH less dangeroes and much more gentle on my body than tramadol, i suffer from loss of serotonin and noradrenaline because of tram and its very depressing. Even painful. I have chronic pain in legs but i feels like i miss THE OTHER THAN OPIOID PROPERTIES OF TRAMADOL which oxy cant help with. Modafinil helps slightly.

Over and over I have had the effects of drugs surprise me by being seemingly inconsistent for no obvious reason.

It's weird.

Our perception of drug's effect may be influenced by our actual physical and psychological conditions. For example i feel weed much more when i am sleep deprived, feel opioids more after superfat meal, taking big dose of modafinil and sleeping better than before... its all about our organs processing chemicals into other and other chemicals and each of them has different (maybe slightly, Maybe intesively) effect on our minds and body.

The cheapest are poppies that you grow for yourself. Also, the several months of nurturing the plants might give you time to reflect on what you hope to gain (comfort, pleasure, bliss) and how you’ll set limits on yourself to avoid the very real risk of physical and psychological dependence.

Most recreational users believe they won’t become an addict. By limiting your use to NO MORE than once a week with opiates, (use other shit to pass the time, but seriously, limit your use no matter what you tell yourself about being able to handle opiates)

Enjoy with the caution and respect necessary, but most of all, enjoy. :)

If you can get dried poppy pods, they are very inexpensive and they are potent. If you use them, read other peoples' experiences and start small.
As others warned, they all are addictive and if not careful, fatally dangerous.
How do you use dried poppy pods? Chew them? How the hell do you get them.

The problem with once a week dosing is that even if you are able to adhere to it, a psychological addiction always occur. You find yourself counting down the days till your opioid vacation.

I tried it with methadone once (i had stockpiled thousands of 10mg methadone pills after tapering off years before and decided to flirt with it a bit).

For a while i really was able to adhere to once every 10 days, which does avoid physical addiction. However i looked forward to the next dose so much that by day 8 i was really excited about the next dose (so much so that it would always be on my mind, with the excitement similar to an upcoming vacation). The evening of day 9 i felt like a kid before christmas and would barely be able to sleep due to the anticipation of the gloriously warm and itchy day that was to follow.

Eventually i did get hooked as the days grew too close and physical addiction kicked in. Though i was able to hold the 10 day rule for a long time i was still strongly psychologically addicted. Any scheduled opioid use will at best result in psychological addiction, and at worst, a full blown addiction when the schedule fails (as it generally does).

The problem with once a week dosing is that even if you are able to adhere to it, a psychological addiction always occur. You find yourself counting down the days till your opioid vacation.

I tried it with methadone once (i had stockpiled thousands of 10mg methadone pills after tapering off years before and decided to flirt with it a bit).

For a while i really was able to adhere to once every 10 days, which does avoid physical addiction. However i looked forward to the next dose so much that by day 8 i was really excited about the next dose (so much so that it would always be on my mind, with the excitement similar to an upcoming vacation). The evening of day 9 i felt like a kid before christmas and would barely be able to sleep due to the anticipation of the gloriously warm and itchy day that was to follow.

Eventually i did get hooked as the days grew too close and physical addiction kicked in. Though i was able to hold the 10 day rule for a long time i was still strongly psychologically addicted. Any scheduled opioid use will at best result in psychological addiction, and at worst, a full blown addiction when the schedule fails (as it generally does).

I agree completely with this. I keep a minimum 10 day schedule, and considered writing that rather than a week for OP, but I tend to err on the side of caution. What works for me might seem excessive to others. At the same time this caution has allowed me to enjoy this lifestyle since before many or most of you were in diapers.

OP, take all the words of caution seriously. You’re not special. The draw of opiates can’t be understated. Set a schedule and keep it. If you EVER say to yourself, “ah, I’ll just do it this once” if not on schedule, STOP. Take a step back. Wait another 10 days.

Read as many firsthand accounts of addiction and WD as you can find.

Then savor those special days.

Absolutely, and for what? Sucking all enjoyment out of the 216 hours you're not high just to feel good for those 24 hours when you allow yourself to do opioids? pffft, what a miserable life that is, and what a terrible deal to make. It's like selling your soul to satan.

I remember thinking after the end of the year I would just suck it up and handle all the consequences and never look back. Scary thing is how much you keep looking back every time you quit. It could be ten years later and you're still saying "I can quit anytime." People learn the too hard way that it doesn't work like that.

Absolutely, and for what? Sucking all enjoyment out of the 216 hours you're not high just to feel good for those 24 hours when you allow yourself to do opioids? pffft, what a miserable life that is, and what a terrible deal to make. It's like selling your soul to satan.

When we live life to indulge constantly, indulgence becomes ordinary. The point of a timeline is to never feel like the space between is some misery that must be endured. There’s no hurry. It can all be pleasure.

How do you use dried poppy pods? Chew them? How the hell do you get them.
You can chew and swallow/ grind them up, mix with a liquid then down it/ steep the ground up pods in hot water, filter it then drink it (probably the most used method).
You can get them from florists or some craft, ornament stores. You can check their legal status in your country. In the U.S.A., it was available for purposes other than consumption before but it got banned years ago. I used to get both fresh and dried ones from many florists in Manhattan till 2007. People used to buy it online but it all ended. In the U.K., you can get it legally online or from walk in stores. Where I live, many florists that sell dried plants sell it online and the prices are quite inexpensive. So figure out the legality of sale for craft use or as ornament, not for human consumption.
If you are able to get it, be very careful about the dosage and how often you use it. It's basicly opium. Keep in mind that you stat feeling the initial effects within 30 minutes but you get the full effects about 2 hours following ingestion so don't become inpatient and take more after an hour. It's great for pain and effective for nearly 24 hours.

I can say with certainty that the ceiling level in bupe is a real thing. Back in my worst days, I've taken around 40mg of suboxone in the hopes of feeling some sort of opiate like buzz only to not feel a damn thing. That 40mg felt exactly like taking 8-12 mg max. I also believe this is the reason that you can get monthly scripts of suboxone and not have to deal with going to a clinic everyday like methadone, as bupe is a lot safer in that regard.
Ok, I believe you. I wonder if there is any truth in the claims I've read that there is no ceiling on the analgesic properties?

This has to be a wind up!

You haven’t even bothered to spell Oxy correctly.

Soloadeine Max has 12.8mg of Codeine per tablet, so if you do get a quiet calm from that, go very. Dry slow on other compounds. If your initial question was, “Shall i try Oxycodone?” Then my answer is, only if you either know your limits, or have an endless supply!!

Ok, I believe you. I wonder if there is any truth in the claims I've read that there is no ceiling on the analgesic properties?

Buprenorphine is designed for very high affinity for the Mu opioid receptor, but it’s effects on the neuronal release is unique, and usually prevents euphoria!!