• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Little known recreational pharmacuticals

I'm pretty sure the ampoules would have been cyclizine lactate as the HCl salt is only soluble at around 1mg/ml h20. The citrate is not used medically but I have prepared it and it does work bur lacks the rush of crushed HCl tablets. Perhaps I need to up the dosage or else introducing water insoluble particles to the bloodstream has some sort of effect in itself!!
Would love to try a few 50mg cyclizine lactate ampoules for comparison.
Don't inject unfiltered tablets lol!! Altough this us basically what u have to do with diconal if you want the full effect.

Never tried orphenadrine or Tripelennamine saw the latter on an rc type site as a pure powder which might be interesting. Orphendadrine is otc in canada I believe.

As are tripelennamine, sold OTC as Pyribenzamine, and Tylenol With Codeine Nº 1 and 222s . . . when things looked as if they might get hairy in the US in the past, I got together with a fellow with a Volkswagen bus and 6 to 15 of us would drive into south-west Ontario and later Winnipeg and stock up on a number of items like that. There was a dental student who would ask for Paveral linctus with nary a problem and was somehow able to score paracetamol/codeine/caffeine Nº 2 and 3 and 292 and 293s on occasion a well as Synalgos DC Nº 1, which was already on the endangered species list as they now only make only Synalgos DC, Synalgos DCA (similar to Panlor) 2 and 3. That whole line of DHC products were increasingly rare and it took a lot of work to fill a prescription for that reason, which is why in recent years I would bring back a personal use quantity of 16 boxes of 20 tablets of Codidol Retard 120 mg as well as pure codeine HCl tablets and nicocodeine elixir when going to the US. That on top of ketobemidone and nicomorphine in a lot of cases and the others piritramide, ER morphine and/or dihydromorphine. Once I had a box of diamorphine tablets and had no trouble at customs & excise . . . ja, that made me a heroin importer! Of course I had duplicate prescriptions and information on being a chronic pain patient by means of notarised letters from the Österreichisches Bundesministerium für Gesundheit, Familie und Jugend and the equivalent at the provincial level and board of health as well as five doctors and two pharmacy owners with English and French translations on the back which would have helped if they did give me shit, which never happened back then.

Last edited:
Trazodone was crazy, at least the dreams it gave me! It was intense how lucid those dreams were, I've never experienced anything like that before

When I was awake it essentially had no effect on me, though, it just wasn't psychoactive or sedating at all IME

Hydromorphinol is a 14-dihydromorphinone semi-synthetic which is closely related to oxymorphone and in fact when the two are co-mingled it is called oxymorphol. All very helpful by any ROA

I overlooked Nalbuphine (Nubain) and Butorphanol (Stadol) on my list of semi-obscure weak-moderate opiates/opioids.

Nalbuphine is a mixed agonist/antagonist. I recall an old Rachamim post saying that the only visible opiate abuse in the Phillipines was a small group of nalbuphine injectors in one neighborhood or city. I think it also used to be popular with weightlifters in the US, where it's not a controlled drug.

Butorphanol is an agonist-antagonist, commonly given as a nasal spray for migraines, but also apparently used (or usable) parenterally for general pain management, which horses apparently receive regularly. This one is a Schedule IV drug in the USA, I don't know how restricted or well-known it is in other countries.

I overlooked Nalbuphine (Nubain) and Butorphanol (Stadol) on my list of semi-obscure weak-moderate opiates/opioids.

Nalbuphine is a mixed agonist/antagonist. I recall an old Rachamim post saying that the only visible opiate abuse in the Phillipines was a small group of nalbuphine injectors in one neighborhood or city. I think it also used to be popular with weightlifters in the US, where it's not a controlled drug.

Butorphanol is an agonist-antagonist, commonly given as a nasal spray for migraines, but also apparently used (or usable) parenterally for general pain management, which horses apparently receive regularly. This one is a Schedule IV drug in the USA, I don't know how restricted or well-known it is in other countries.

Those sound like some kinda prototype to buprenorphine. I would probably like those, but I'm more interested in the big brother of butorphanol and dextrorphan (DXM): levorphanol. It's a full mu agonist, NMDA antagonist, SNRI, and 6-8x as potent as morphine with a long duration. Everything I could ask for in a drug. If I had to guess how it felt I'd say it's like methadone, tramadol, and PCP had a threesome.

Those sound like some kinda prototype to buprenorphine. I would probably like those, but I'm more interested in the big brother of butorphanol and dextrorphan (DXM): levorphanol. It's a full mu agonist, NMDA antagonist, SNRI, and 6-8x as potent as morphine with a long duration. Everything I could ask for in a drug. If I had to guess how it felt I'd say it's like methadone, tramadol, and PCP had a threesome.

Agreed. NMDA antagonism and SN(D)RI effects seem to be the common threads linking many of the favored opiate potentiators/adjuncts, like tripelennamine and orphenadrine listed in this thread, or tramadol on top of another opiate, plus DXM, other first-generation antihistamines, and stimulants. Racemorphan (aka morphinol), with is the racemic mixture including both dextrorphan and levorphanol, would presumably have even stronger NMDA antagonist and SNRI effects.

Agreed. NMDA antagonism and SN(D)RI effects seem to be the common threads linking many of the favored opiate potentiators/adjuncts, like tripelennamine and orphenadrine listed in this thread, or tramadol on top of another opiate, plus DXM, other first-generation antihistamines, and stimulants. Racemorphan (aka morphinol), with is the racemic mixture including both dextrorphan and levorphanol, would presumably have even stronger NMDA antagonist and SNRI effects.

Yeah those are by far some of my favorite qualities in an opioid/combo. For example tramadol's SNRI effect has always agreed very well with me. Absolutely love dissociatives. Like I mentioned earlier I'm fascinated by first gen antihistamines also. I have very specific tastes and morphinol sounds like it would satisfy all of them.

In the class of first-generation antihistamines, I'd also like to suggest pheniramine (Avil, Neo-Citran). This is very much a legitimate sedating antihistamine, much moreso than chlorpheniramine or brompheniramine, but probably retaining their SNRI effects. So taken orally, I'd say resembles a comination of promethazine/hydroxyzine (somewhere in between, in terms of anticholinergic strength) plus chlorpheniramine, with definite opiate potentiating/enhancing effect. As I mentioned in conjunction with pentazocine, this is the most popularly injected antihistamine in South Asia, with users in Pakistan dissolving their heroin in Avil ampoules and users in India/Nepal combining it with ampoules of buprenorphine and diazepam (in a 10ml syringe).

[Note: intravenous injection of many antihistamines listed -- certainly pheniramine, hydroxyzine, promethazine, and diphenhydramine; I am not sure about cyclizine, tripelennamine, and orphenadrine -- is very much discouraged even if you have access to pharmaceutical vials, since they tend to be extremely destructive to the veins and can cause a lot of other soft tissue problems. The typical South Asian injectors end up going in their groin/femoral very quickly, and often suffer hideous abscesses/thromboses as a result, with a short life expectancy on the street. Trying to do this using the typical tablet form that these drugs take in the West is obviously even more heavily discouraged, even with a micron filter.]

Cyproheptadine (Ciplactin) is another interesting first-gen antihistamine, with anticholinergic effects plus pronounced antiserotonergic effects, to the extent that it is used to treat serotonin syndrome in some cases, as well as being used clinically for its strong appetite-inducing qualities.

Cinnarizine (Stugeron) is one I've been interested in, it's a calcium-channel blocker with vasodilating properties as well as an antihistamine, mostly used as an antiemetic for motion sickness and vertigo, but also to enhance blood flow to the brain in certain cases. I guess some people theorize it could have nootropic effects due to this vasodilation in the brain, and it's combined with piracetam for that purpose. But at the same time it's been known to induce Parkinsonism in some people, which has made me wary of it.

Last edited:
Yeah those are by far some of my favorite qualities in an opioid/combo. For example tramadol's SNRI effect has always agreed very well with me. Absolutely love dissociatives. Like I mentioned earlier I'm fascinated by first gen antihistamines also. I have very specific tastes and morphinol sounds like it would satisfy all of them.

I think tramadol is a particularly good add-on for buprenoprhine or methadone, and ought to be investigated for supplementing those drugs on a maintenance basis (and as a maintenance drug in its own right, which has been researched and even implemented to an extent in some countries), the same way that clonidine on a maintenance basis has been shown to reduce cravings for buprenorphine-maintained patients.

The ampromide family of synthetic opioids, which is structurally and chemically midway betwixt the open-chain (methadone, methadol, thiambutene, phenalkoxam type opoids) and the fentanyl family of anilidopiperidines, is represented by three agents in clinical use, one is diampromide, the prototype invented at American Cyanamid in 1966, phenampromide, which found use in anaesthesiology especially in Australia for a time, and the third, propiram (Dirame, Algeril, Bayer 4503), is a little stronger than codeine, has 97 per cent oral bioavailability, and was used in dentistry in some countries and is in clinical trials now in the US and Canada. So it is sort of like a much weaker dextromoramide in one way, that the latter is used in oral surgery because a sublingual tablet will reach therapeutic concentration very rapidly and there is high bioavailability. Subjectively, there is a difference, however -- dextromoramide is 50 times more euphoric than propiram as I recall.

Then there is normethadone, a powerful cough suppressant and diphenoxylate precursor added to norpethidine and a few other agents . . . isomethadone was used as a painkiller some time ago, as was noracymethadol, which was especially used for obstetrics in places like the Netherlands and Argentina for a short time; it turns out that piritramide works better for that and PCA pumps. Acetylmethadol has eight active isomers including LAAM and I believe either 4 or 12 inactive isomers. The formulation Orlaam was used in various places as a 60 to 96-hour long narcotic agonist maintenance agent but was found to cause cardiac problems. Given that methadone's own cardiac problems are caused by the dextro isomer alone, and like methadone the process of separating methadol isomers is not very hard or involved, I have to wonder if there was a way to come up with a methadol-based medicament for Opioid Substitution Therapy and chronic pain that omitted any of the isomers which caused the problem; I heard the theory that it was the dextro/alpha and dextro/beta isomers that were most suspect of being the cause of the cardiac trouble.

The 3-phenazepanes are partial or full agonist synthetics in their own class including meptazinol and the 4-phenazepanes include ethoheptazine and proheptazine . . . there was an aspirin-meprobamate-ethoheptazine mixture (Equagesic) and a less common paracetamol-based version and I think some formulations came with 15 mg of caffeine and some didn't . . . Canada specifically exempts the 4-phenazepanes and ostensibly meptazinol as well from the CDSA and only proheptazine, about 80 per cent as strong as morphine, is in the US Controlled Substances Act 1970.

So far I have only seen enough dimethylthiambutene to barely be visible to the naked eye; DMTB and ethylmethylthiambutene are veterinary opioids used in Japan and thiambutene research chemicals have popped up. The cough suppressant tipepidine is a thiambutene and basically a trippy pholcodine in my experience, though the structure is much different (pholcodine is a semi-synthetic called homocodeine)

A raccoon and a dormouse came to my front door and made some heterocodeine one night and it was very effective and groovy -- 25 times stronger than isocodeine and 108 times stronger than codeine . . . it would make a good chronic pain and PCA medicament.

Embutramde (Embutane, and Tributame when mixed with chloroquine and lignocaine) is a narcotic related somewhat distantly to methadone -- it can be considered a prototype of its own small sub-family of open chain synthetic opioids, or perhaps a family of its own as any similarities to methadone, methadols, thiambutenes and all the rest tend to be distant and it is not at all similar to morphine, pethidine, or piritramide nor fentanyl or diampromide -- it is used for small and mid-sized animal euthanasia agent never used for analgesia in people because of its extremely narrow therapeutic index: ED₅₀ is 50 mg/kg, LD₅₀ is 75 mg/kg, or may even be the LD₈₅ or so, be. . . it is used as a suicide agent by some people with access to it. For a long time it was uncontrolled in many areas, and still is, but now, since 2005-6 is US CSA 1970 Schedule III and a Restricted chemical like potassium cyanide . . .

I 100% agree! I could see how it's useful in sedating you to the point of having a mental capacity of a sea sponge :oops: I think some people out there just really enjoy downers. Anything that makes them black out can be enjoyable maybe? I've never had such a severe headache in my life as I did the morning after taking trazadone. I was also unbelievably grouchy, comparable to the unpleasant depressing hangover from benzos.

Adderall and ritalin are the most popular pharma amphetamines in the US iirc, and then concerta (which I think is gross). What are the more unpopular amphetamines that are good for recreation?

Uncommon: 4-methylaminorex and pharmaceutical pyrovalerone, the latter of which I was given for hypotension long ago. Also there are a number of things that follow the example of Captagon with fusing some other drug to dextroamphetamine or racaemic amphetamine at the molecular level, as was done with 2,4-dinitrophenylmorphine (morphine and a respiratory stimulant) -- they have tried dextroamphetamine-chloral hydrate and amphetamine-paraldehyde fusions . . . I would like to see attempts to fuse amphetamines and/or cathinones with opioids in that same way . . .

Unpopular: That would have to be pemoline magnesium (Cylert), pemoline copper, and I imagine all of the other two dozen or so pemoline salts . . . Cylert was taken off the market because of liver damage and so on, and the stimulation and side effects were so shitty -- there is that shitty result, and since it does stimulate, one is more aware of the shittiness. Basically they can make pemoline salts based on any element in the first three columns of the periodic table, transition metals, lanthanides and ostensibly actinides as well, and I would imagine other things like aluminium . . . I have to wonder if pemoline radium was ever made and used in animal tests or early clincial trials for Cylert just like dihydromorphine-131 iodide, 1-iodomorphine, levorphanol ³HBr (with tritium) and so on, which were used as tracers in the research that found the opioid receptors from the late 1960s onward . . . .

. . . of course pemoline francium would not fly due to the short half life of francium and the heat given off by francium isotopes being sufficient to vapourise any collection of more than like 30 atoms of francium in close proximity to each other . . . they use a liquid helium cooled magnetic levitated laser trap to work with francium; the world record 250k or 300k atom sample of francium 223 glowed light blue like actinium isotopes do and the microscopic ball of atoms vapourised itself post haste, well within an hour, and turned into astatine 219 and radium 223 . . . astatine 223 apparently is used in nuclear medicine now in 2020, in cases where it is advantageous to have a fiercely radioactive substance in tiny amounts which self-destructs very quickly . . . .

Last edited:
Adderall is a great development and even if you go past the point of therapeutic doses it seems to cap with abuse where it doesn't damage the body or mind so much as I'd imagine with meth--which it probably doesn't have that same cap lol. Don't get me wrong, adderall abuse isn't pretty or healthy but inevitably at the end of the day it is still a soft narcotic and not a harder one. I wonder if they'll ever create a pharmaceutical stimulant that doesn't have a crash though. I'm really impressed by adderall/ritalin though.

I am wondering if alphaprodine is still found anywhere on earth, that and pminodine and anileridine . . . of course, of the 4-phenpiperidines, ketobemidone is my favourite and great for nerve pain

Considering the rush and bang of Blue Velvet, Ts & Blues, Diconal, and other such combinations, I have been experimenting with taking the antihistamines alone IV and IM to see how much of a rush and bang of their own they have and I have been extremely impressed. This also may explain William S Burroughs mentioning to his wife that his morning shot, which was in fact the antihistamine Thephorin (phenindamine) "felt like M" in Junky.

The rush we know is partially caused by changes in histamine levels, so it makes sense that antihistamines not only generate mild euphoria but that they can cause a rush on injection, and the route of administration will of course cause the euphoria to start very rapidly, which by definition is the bang. The antihistamines, well, the first generation antihistamines, produce mild euphoria, so it having a rapid onset will be a bang, and there we have it . . . .

Sooo . . . .

Piperidine antihistamines:
I unfortunately was unable to get my hands on phenindamine this week. Another piperidine antihistamine, cyproheptadine, had a rush and bang to it.

Piperazine antihistamines:
Cyclizine had a huuuuge rush and bang, as does hydroxyzine and meclizine/meclozine also has a rush and bang.

Ethanolamine antihistamines:
Orphenadrine was extremely good. Tripelennamine has a huge bang and rush and I think I could tell a difference as far as the hydrochloride being stronger than the citrate but it isn't huge. Diphenhydramine and phenyltoloxamine were, as one may expect, quite similar to orphenadrine and I did phenyltoloxamine and morphine mixed together too and it was wonderful -- phenyltoloxamine, the antihistamine in the old Vicks Percogesic, Codipront, and many other combinations is a particularly euphoric and narcotic-potentiating antihistamine. I have yet to try carbinoxamine, bromodiphenhydramine, clemastine, and doxylamine in this manner.

Ethylenediamine antihistamines:
Tripelennamine was the best of them I tried, and even more impressive with orphenadrine, and of course better when those two are mixed with morphine, nicomorphine, and hydromorphone -- any narcotic of course. Mepyramine (Pyrilamine) had a noticeable rush like diphenhydramine.

Alkylamine antihistamines:
In addition to a rush and bang in all cases, these antihistamines were good to mix with hydromorphone in particular, with chlorphenamine, orphenadrine, and hydromorphone being a mixture I took in the prior part of my chronic pain analgesic rotation, and also found pheniramine, bromphenamine, desoxyphenamine, dexchlorphenamine, dexbromphenamine , iodophenamine, and triprolidine to have the rush and bang by themselves and mix well with hydromorphinol, hydromorphone, oxymorphone and of course other narcotics will be the same. I should one way or other other get fluorphenamine to do a complete set of research; I have not heard of there being an astatine analogue of chlorphenamine

Last edited:
I'VE heard from several people in rehab that aKineton gives a good high, anyone knows anything about this particular drug? I know it's used for the extra pyramid side fx from that shitty drug haldol but what does it really do? THANKS IN Advance for the answer 😂

I'VE heard from several people in rehab that aKineton gives a good high, anyone knows anything about this particular drug? I know it's used for the extra pyramid side fx from that shitty drug haldol but what does it really do? THANKS IN Advance for the answer 😂

It is biperiden and is similar in a lot of ways to trihexyphenidyl (Sexy Trihexy), so it is very good . . . like a lot of things good PO and SL and has a bang and rush IV and often SC and IM

From the alt.drugs.anticholinergics FAQ, the Big 16 Anticholinergics are the following anti-muscarinic agents, many of which are quaternary ammonium salts or tertiary amines (synthetics or belladonna alkaloids) so the mainly anti-nicotinic anticholinergics used in surgery and so forth are another category, iaas are topical agents like glycopyrrolate, cyclopentolate, and tropicamide used for ophthalmological examinations . . . they can all be used at dangerously high doses for delirium, but they induce euphoria at and close to the therapeutic dose:

Drug
Brand Names
Chemical Class
Percentage of Muscarinic Blocking Power of Atropine
Used For
TrihexyphenidylArtaneTertiary amine76Parkinsonism
BenztropineCogentinTertiary amine81Parkinsonism
Hyoscine (Scopolamine)numerousBelladonna alkaloid97Narcotic potentiation, motion sickness
AtropinenumerousBelladonna alkaloid100Numerous
HyoscyamineLevsinBelladonna alkaloid99Intestinal cramps
HomatropinevariousTertiary amine95Mydriatic, Narcotic potentiation
OrphenadrineNorflex, DisipalTertiary amine58Skeletal muscle relaxant
PropanthelinePro-BanthineQuaternary ammonium salt75Irritable Bowel Syndrome
ProcyclidineKemadrinTertiary amine69Parkinsonism
RopinaropleRequipSecondary amine47Restless legs, Parkinsonism
IpratropiumAtroventQuaternary ammonium salt36Chronic bronchitis
BenactyzineDeprolRelated to benzylic acid derived opioids55Antidepressant
BiperidenAkinetonQuaternary ammonium salt80Parkinsonism
DiphenhydramineBenadrylTertiary amine63Allergies, Parkinsonism
DimenhydrinateDramamineTertiary amine65Motion sickness
Dicyclomine (Dicycloverine)BentylQuaternary ammonium salt78Intestinal cramps

There are others like isopropamide, tridihexethyl, oxybutynin, tolerodine, and so forth -- discuss and come up with the Big 36

Last edited:
update -- I sort of overdid it, or not, with the tripelennamine when skipping narcotic doses to wash out some tolerance and discovered that normal doses made the situation 100 times more bearable and it had two of my favourite side effects of Blue Velvet and morphine neat: a drop in body temperature and the pressure on the back of the neck when it is taking hold, the former seems to me to evidence of it being a potent febrifuge -- in my case multiple high IM and IV doses over a period of 18 hours caused a drop from the normal of 36.5°C to 34.6°C (97.7°F to 94.3°F) and took about 36 hours to return to 36.5°C. Were I to catch CoViD-19 I would do something similar in conjunction with normal doses of paracetamol as a last resort to keep the fever from cooking my brains . . . your mileage may vary big time and my point is that the smart alecks who put some bad pressure on people to remove it from the human OTC or ℞ market calling it a "drug of abuse" which it is not in and of itself any more than is clonidine, have obscured something potentially useful and I put this out there for researchers to take a look into. The compounding powder is available in locales where the tablets, capsules, elixirs, and cough medicines like Pyribenzamine Cough Syrup (tripelennamine + paracetamol + codeine ± pseudoephedrine) are not. One should probably get clearance to use it for the cough by a physician before trying to replicate my results.

Phenibut. Yes that's a pharma in Russia. One of my favourite drugs.

Baclofen. Not too great on its own but good for enhancing other downers. Mixing with benzos and DHC was heaven. Probably not good HR. But heavenly nonetheless.

DHC (dihydrocodeine) itself come to think of it, since it's not used in the US it doesn't have much of a reputation in the media, although in the UK it's well known in opiate circles by the brand DF118. It is real nice shit.

Pregabalin I guess doesn't count anymore since it's become known in the past few years. I remember when I got it scripted hardly anyone knew what it was, it was like a little secret for those in the know, and it was uncontrolled so doctors handed it out like a traffic warden hands out parking tickets. Those days are gone now which tbh is probably a good thing because it's a pretty damaging drug, way more damaging than the benzos it was trying to replace imo.

Then there's bound to be a load of very obscure benzos scripted only in one or two countries which are very nice, especially those Asian hypnotics.