• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Lets talk paranormal!

Let's keep the discussion on topic, please. There are appropriate places to air grievances and this thread isn't one of them.

As far as I'm concerned if the thread starter wants to relate an experience of seeing Thomas the Tank Engine or whoever else on a clock tower, I have no problem with that, however strange it may sound to the rest of us.

Has anyone tried those apps that can apparently detect paranormal stuff?

I haven't, what's an example of one? My strong guess would be it's a gimmick.

Right, so decades of research using the most technologically advanced equipment of the time has still failed to find evidence of paranormal activity, but you can download an app that can?

I think all it is is something that can read heat signatures :unsure:

That's my guess too.

I mean some say "there's an app for everything"... but I think some things are a little beyond the scope of a smartphone's built-in sensory instruments.

Yes, just provide your SSN and a credit card #

Quite.

It's not that I don't believe in paranormal activity, but it does appear to be something that can't be detected by technology. Only our minds are capable...

Our minds and bodies can operate on so many levels, I really have no idea. Having had problems developing cognitive function over the years, I prefer the here and now these days while it lasts.

Quite.

It's not that I don't believe in paranormal activity, but it does appear to be something that can't be detected by technology. Only our minds are capable...

At least currently it can't be detected by technology. Although I have taken a photo before with an unexplainable huge hulking figure that looked like some sort of massive ape, but it was see-through and you could see the trees through its body. I was on Vancouver Island on my honeymoon and my ex and I were in this crazy nature spot, it was really intense feeling, and we were starting to feel watched and I snapped photos. I later got them developed and in one of them, was this figure. Standing on the opposite side of the waterfall looking at us. Totally transparent but still with substance, like it was photoshopped to have a 50% opacity so the background came through but it still had shape and color. Really weird. There are also a lot of reports of photographs catching things although only with my own can I be sure no one was trying to pull something.

In any case who knows, like so many things in science that started as "supernatural" or "magic", one day we might be able to explain this stuff.

Let's keep the discussion on topic, please. There are appropriate places to air grievances and this thread isn't one of them.

As far as I'm concerned if the thread starter wants to relate an experience of seeing Thomas the Tank Engine or whoever else on a clock tower, I have no problem with that, however strange it may sound to the rest of us.
Im not saying it really is that but thomas the train is the only thing that, vagely resmembled it i only saw it a few times but ill never forget it was more of a blue face I have been tested for bonnets syndrome which is when you are more likely to have hallucinations of smalls lights and animals although ive never seen anything live or animated like an animal i do see lights now and again some people call them orbs I just call them lights lol I'm not one of those people who question everything :p

I have had multiple experiences with alien abduction, and I also have had psychic experiences. I'm able to see auras, and I also seem to have the ability to sense the spirit world. I have the ability to astral project as well. Lots of things have happened to me that cannot be explained by known physical laws. I seem to attract this sort of phenomena. This is the case for some people, I think that I've experienced the overall phenomenon of "high strangeness" my whole life.

Lands, you can make it to BOBL with a bit of hard work. Just try harder in the alien abduction thread, get ppl to start commenting and there you go. Try harder, be mad be angry be that mad scientist that we all need haha

youknowhatImsayin

Interesting thread!

I believe the "government" has alot of intelligence and proofs about the science of paranormal nature, human souls, ghosts and life. Of course, when you think about it, people have had thousands of years to study this, gather experiences, and work towards knowing how things work. But you NEVER hear anything about it, and if you mention something about it, you are often declared psychotic, schizophrenic, or things are just "showed under the mat".

I saw my deceased friends ghost one time, so I know for sure that souls exist- and if your body stops moving let's say because of an accident in young age, your life will go on- just without your body.

Very intersting topic indeed. :)
-Erl

I'm not trying to patronize anyone...and this only goes to the ones who are being serious...if "paranormal"/"supernatural" is real, why has it yet to be well documented throughout all of recorded history?

Well, I had some weird experiences during a period of a few months in the house I was at a the time, it felt like sometimes a very negative, energy sucking presence would come close to me, invisible to the sight but able of limited interaction with surroundings. Somehow my cat picked it up exactly at the same time as me and look and hiss at the same point as me, and then jump forward and fight it, even though it was clawing furiously at the air to me. His attacks would terminate the presence quickly. He never attacked when I would not feel the presence, he was never one of those quirky felines.
The presence would manifest with a sense of anxiety and cold chillls on my skin, as well as a cold breeze.
This cold breeze thing was particularly upsetting as it happened also on non windy days, and I had seals on all doors and windows, and nothing was open.
Then after a while the presence became stronger and would impose more of this bad feeling on me and manifest more frequently, as well as started to move things.
You could say that it was my cat but I had many episodes where my cat was in my sight when something fell, or that he came to inspect the source of noise from another room.
What convinced me that I was not making up things was when I had just been in a room that had shelves with books, then left it and closed the door.
Few minutes, I get the cold chill feeling, the cat gets in front of my room, looking down the corridor that leads to the closed room where I sensed the presence.
I get up and get close to my cat, then a thump sound comes from the inside the room, I go and open the door following the cat that is rushing the door, I open it and my cat attacks something invisible howling in fury.
A few seconds and the presence dissipates and cat calms down immediately.
The source of the thump.... well the bible was on the ground instead of being on the shelf (I am not religious).
Anyway, I spoke about it to a witch friend of mine, and she came over and identified the presence as a lower tier demon, not really even conscious or self aware, just intent on provoking feelings of fear to feed on them.
Quick basic ritual was performed and the presence was never felt again.

I'm not trying to patronize anyone...and this only goes to the ones who are being serious...if "paranormal"/"supernatural" is real, why has it yet to be well documented throughout all of recorded history?
Magic/paranormal is just whatever science hasn't gotten to explain, yet.

Agreed, science has labeled things as magic or paranormal until they were understood. A great example of this is electricity. If someone were to travel back in time with pretty much any technology we have, it would be considered magic.

Of course, that's not to say that everything people claim as paranormal is going to be shown to be what people think it is.

Everything that can be observed and experienced is "natural" if it's happening in the observable universe. I feel that when scientists call something supernatural or paranormal they are exercising some kind of hubris. It's all based on things that can or can't be codified into laws, but I don't think everything that humans experience can or should necessarily be categorized.

I really love talking to pure scientists because they openly admit what is in their purview and what isn't, and they stick strictly to code. Armchair scientists who like to talk about what is real vs. not real are not true scientists, IMO. Science does not concern itself with what is real but what can be observed and repeated.