• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Let's say I acquired some OC 40's (not OP) from 2003....

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
I don't use needles, but I have an oral tolerance to oxy of 200mg. How safe would it be to take 5 of those gems all at once? Would it have lost most of its potency or would it be crazy strong with a super delayed time-released effect like the quaalude scene from a The Wolf Of Wall Street? I'd wanna have a good time. Not die.

How are you taking them? They’ll still be potent. They’re best intranasal, be careful. You can always take more, you can’t take less.
I normally take OP's orally, but I might crush them and snort them. Which way would provide the most long-lasting effects though? These are Purdue gold, so I wanna savor every second.

I normally take OP's orally, but I might crush them and snort them. Which way would provide the most long-lasting effects though? These are Purdue gold, so I wanna savor every second.
Orally. Generally it is always best to take pills orally, that's how they're made to be taken. Sounds like you've got a large enough amount there to be able to get a solid effect to enjoy. I imagine they'll still work, may have lost some potency, not sure though.

Orally. Generally it is always best to take pills orally, that's how they're made to be taken. Sounds like you've got a large enough amount there to be able to get a solid effect to enjoy. I imagine they'll still work, may have lost some potency, not sure though.
They won’t have lost potency. You never found a 10 year old bottle of pills and gave em a swallow? Amateur… 😁

They won’t have lost potency. You never found a 10 year old bottle of pills and gave em a swallow? Amateur… 😁
But these are nearly 2 decades old. I've had fentanyl patches that were half a decade old and still had fun. I just don't wanna be disappointed with these. They weren't cheap.

They are still nearly as potent as they were. Oxycodone doesn’t lose its potency and is stable. Be careful.
Just thought I'd ask since they are indeed the fabled Purdue OC's. I think those are no longer in production and all they make now are OP's, so its an extremely rare find. I wanted to make sure it wasn't some crazy strong fentanyl for good measure, so I used a complimentary fentanyl test strip that came with a dancesafe test kit for mdma (long story short, the test kit proved that what I acquired was meth, not mdma). Turns out the OC's aren't fentanyl. That's good to know. I like fentanyl patches too, but there's no telling how much of that could be in a pressed pill. Anything over 100mcg and I'd probably die.

So I'm thinking I'll just take them orally--unless of course plugging them would last as long. Any thoughts on that?

So I'm thinking I'll just take them orally--unless of course plugging them would last as long. Any thoughts on that?
Honestly, we can’t tell you how much you should take. You know your tolerance. The time release makes them less effective so like if you’re imagining the effects of those 5 pills will feel like 200mg of oxy for 12 hours you’re in for some serious disappointment. Defeating the time release is super easy on those (chew or crush).

There are 40mg of oxy in each of those… So, be careful. The bioavailability if plugged changes, similar to injecting if I remember correctly. You can’t just stick the pill up your ass though. The appeal of the original OCs (it’s what I spent a huge chunk of my addiction using) was that the time release was easily defeated. Not that they lasted longer. They were just easier to abuse.

You know your tolerance. Be careful.

God what I’d do for just 10-20 old OC’s, I wouldn’t even care the milligram. I actually used to like the 20’s the most. I felt the lower the milligram pill the stronger they were.. 1/4 of an 80 wasn’t as strong as a 20. I used to get 5’s, 10’s, 20’s, 40’s, and 80’s, I’ve seen the 160’s but never tried one.

You are very lucky, I’d probably save em.

-GC

Hey OP. This one is pretty easy. You know you're oral tolerance to Oxycodone is ~200mg. You have 200mg Oxycodone in your possession. The difference is in the time releae. If you just take them orally, some will be released immediately while the rest will take time to be broken down. You could sort of consider it like taking 100m then another 100mg a few hours later, but this is kind of a crude estimate.

Eitehr way, you seem to know your tolerane and Oxycodone is Oxycodone. There shouldn't be a problem. Luckily, Oxycodone is one of those Opioids that just has a really favorable bioavailability making oral consumption efficient in addition to safe.

If I were you though, I would administer them rectally. Crush them up, mix with water until in a solution, then use a syringe (either an oral syringe or an insulin rig with needle removed) then administer it while laying either on your side or stomach. This will hit you more quickly and in my experience, simply gives me a better high in ways that I can't accurate;y describe... just better.

Honestly, we can’t tell you how much you should take. You know your tolerance. The time release makes them less effective so like if you’re imagining the effects of those 5 pills will feel like 200mg of oxy for 12 hours you’re in for some serious disappointment. Defeating the time release is super easy on those (chew or crush).

There are 40mg of oxy in each of those… So, be careful. The bioavailability if plugged changes, similar to injecting if I remember correctly. You can’t just stick the pill up your ass though. The appeal of the original OCs (it’s what I spent a huge chunk of my addiction using) was that the time release was easily defeated. Not that they lasted longer. They were just easier to abuse.

You know your tolerance. Be careful.
I always have good results taking 200mg of the OP's orally, but I definitely wouldn't plug that much. I know the bioavailability is different depending on the ROA. If I were to take it rectally, I'd probably crush 1 40mg OC into a powder, cook it in a spoon with some water as if I were to shoot it, then suck up the solution with a piece of cotton and an oral syringe before sticking it in deep where the sun don't shine. Haha.

God what I’d do for just 10-20 old OC’s, I wouldn’t even care the milligram. I actually used to like the 20’s the most. I felt the lower the milligram pill the stronger they were.. 1/4 of an 80 wasn’t as strong as a 20. I used to get 5’s, 10’s, 20’s, 40’s, and 80’s, I’ve seen the 160’s but never tried one.

You are very lucky, I’d probably save em.

-GC
I am VERY lucky. The other day I actually wound up getting the last 8 from the bottle of 50 that was in storage for 19 years, so now I have a total of 13 OC's. I plan to snort one tomorrow, plug another the day after that, and take 5 orally this Saturday. That will leave me with 6. I'll take 5 on a rainy day and save 1 as a memento (granted that I don't get too desperate one day and take it).

This. They’re a relic at this point. Like seeing legit quaaludes from back in the day.
I was thinking the same thing. That scene from The Wolf Of Wall Street comes to mind. Haha.

Hey OP. This one is pretty easy. You know you're oral tolerance to Oxycodone is ~200mg. You have 200mg Oxycodone in your possession. The difference is in the time releae. If you just take them orally, some will be released immediately while the rest will take time to be broken down. You could sort of consider it like taking 100m then another 100mg a few hours later, but this is kind of a crude estimate.

Eitehr way, you seem to know your tolerane and Oxycodone is Oxycodone. There shouldn't be a problem. Luckily, Oxycodone is one of those Opioids that just has a really favorable bioavailability making oral consumption efficient in addition to safe.

If I were you though, I would administer them rectally. Crush them up, mix with water until in a solution, then use a syringe (either an oral syringe or an insulin rig with needle removed) then administer it while laying either on your side or stomach. This will hit you more quickly and in my experience, simply gives me a better high in ways that I can't accurate;y describe... just better.
Good thing I got 8 more (13 total now). So I guess I have enough to try out my options. :)

Last edited:
This one group of guys I knew would razor blade the whole coating off, crush with a rock glass and hoover it up with a straw all in one fell swoop

MastersOfunReality

Y
This one group of guys I knew would razor blade the whole coating off, crush with a rock glass and hoover it up with a straw all in one fell swoop

MastersOfunReality
You don’t need to razor blade it off. You could hold them between your finger and thumb for about 30 seconds. Then slide the coating off of both sides with a firm press and slide. Then you could use your finger nail to get the coating off the round edge. Original OCs were super easy to remove the coating. When they went generic… Not so much.