• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lets help the government

^^^^ A very powerful propaganda mechanism is in place that prevents real education about psychedelics.

If you ask anyone who grew up in the 70's what they thought was one of the most memorable TV ads of that era, a lot of them would say:

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN. (shows raw egg)

THIS IS DRUGS. (shows hot frying pan)

crack splatter fry sizzle

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS. ANY QUESTIONS?

It is this kind of 100% emotional impact/0% intellectual content that appeals to Joe Amerikan and keeps him in a dumbed-down mental vise-grip from which it is nearly impossible to extricate him from.

B9: I was jus' kiddin'...

im not just aiming this at poloticians here, im talking about anyone whos job it is to control drug policy, from desk clerks to the political faces, to agency directors, anything, fuck if the doorman for one of the buildings they met in had a better clue it would be better than nothing.

theres been quite a lot of great dissusion about this so far, id held of on posting coz im no freakin intelectual,, but the lets try change anyones views that could possibly make a difference be it by speech or writing, is a bandwagon im more than happy to jump on.. this thread actualy inspired me somewhat to not forget that one person can make a huge difference....
hopefully in 10 more years general society will have thier eyes opened a little more and be less enslaved by this drug war shit. it's the leaders of these kind of things that r the real agressors, and if u look @ history bak in tha day u could go to jail 4 life 4 a bit of weed:|
i for one will be writing my letters off to anyone or speak to anyone that i think could help change shit or spread tha word more. even when freedom of speach flies out the window.. no mufuka will eva stop me viocing my oppionion on htis subject...
thanks 4 a gr8 thread:D

IGNVS said:
im not just aiming this at poloticians here, im talking about anyone whos job it is to control drug policy, from desk clerks to the political faces, to agency directors, anything, fuck if the doorman for one of the buildings they met in had a better clue it would be better than nothing.

"No, no sir- this gateway to infinity", says Jeeves.

moracca said:
I think you guys are forgetting one very important thing here. These politicians job (even if some of them don't do it very well) is to represent the views of the majority of their constituents, and for the most part, they are in this case.

Sometimes you have to ignore majority opinion and do what's right - like back in the 60's when homosexuality was illegal. They made it legal and then majority opinion simply got used to it. I don't think trying to change majority opinion first would have worked on either homosexuality or drugs.

^ You'd make an excellent closet broadcaster Izzy ;)

FWIW I agree with you :)

^ I know lets become the government!

Is it really such an insane idea?

Actually it is an insane idea therefore we ought to accomplish it with relative ease - all things considered.

Now then for fun who would hold what posts in this "administration"?

Here's a better idea, convince the pharmaceutical companies that there's a fortune to be made producing high quality psychedellics, which there most certainly is, and let them lobby for us. It goes without saying that big pharma is one of the biggest reasons for continued banning of substances thats dont need to be scheduled in such fashion. Also, if all these things became legal I'd have to get a real job, jk:D

convince the pharmaceutical companies that there's a fortune to be made producing high quality psychedellics

Yeah that's what governments can do!

The best thing we can do with psychedelics is use them safely and wisely.
Wise words indeed. The best thing to do when discovering a new psychedelic (if any of us are ever so lucky) is to keep it quasi-underground and ensure that people don't do anything stupid or reckless. Lack of proper respect for the power of psychedelics is what killed them in the 1960s and we do not want that repeated. Once something is scheduled, it is unlikely that it will ever be unscheduled. Thus, attention (particularly mass-media attention) will only serve to make more and more interesting and beneficial compounds illegal forever.

Once the media hype-machine hears of a novel drug or new "drug trend," it instantly becomes "the deadly new drug that's killing your kids!," just like an individual with nail-clippers at an airport becomes an "insidious terrorist plot." Unfortunately, in the sensationalized, spectacle-driven world in which we live, there is no such thing as "good press" when it comes to drugs.

Last edited:
BREAKTHROUGH IN THIS CASE GUYS

ok, so i got a reply to my email. these guys arent just assholes, its lots of red tape and regulation that keep them from thinking, reoporting, or doing anything for the good of humanity. if we want to get anything done and prevent futher schedualing we need to establish open communication with the people running these things. ITS POSSIBLE.
lets stop acting like a bunch of winey teenagers and fucking do things like they do in their world by communicating with them. thats the #1 problem here. its an us vs. them mentality that needs to stop. were all americans, and you would be suprised at the realm of influence we have in this country when we can all communicate.

below is a link that i think everyone who will consider posting in this thread should read.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugs_concern/index.html

click on all your favorites and see how much the dea knows. its not like their not on to whats going on with these things, but there isnt alot of chat with what they call the 'user population'.

we are the fucking user population, lets let them know whats up and help them understand that were people just like them. help them understand our use, and show them how caring of a 'population' we can be. lets establish legitamacy here before they take further steps to try and shut down supply and demand and create a harmful black market setting for these drugs.

http://www.deaecom.gov/
remember, they are drug dealers too. its actualy interesting, because learys idea for taking tests to take certian drugs is true to a degree here hah. not realy, you have to go through alot of bullshit too.

its all just about respect. if we respect them, they can respect us and we will be able to get our intentions across here.

you can contact the DEA at

Drug Enforcement Administration
Office of Diversion Control
2401 Jefferson Davis Highway
Alexandria, VA 22301
(800) 882-9539

if this sketches you out just think about how MLKJ felt marching through alabama. fight for your rights people.

Last edited:
^^^^ Brother, your heart's in the right place, and I admire your approach--but please be careful when communicating with these people. They have PR staff to paint on a veneer of reason and safety to the public, but put people away for 40 years for a sheet of acid.

They log IP's, so if you have warrants, priors, or are dealing with anything you wouldn't want them to know about, be very, very careful. Fresh-faced schoolkids only, please.

IGNVS, don't take this as belittling at all what you're trying to do. I've been all over their site too, but always use Tor or something to hide my IP. I badmouth them regularly on BL, and while I don't think they give a shit about what an inconsequential putz like me has to say about 'em, who knows? :D

i actualy quit using drugs for a while, and i dont have anything drug related on my record. im going to try and follow their rules for a second and try and get some shit done, find the right people, network, and bring things to the attention of the media in a well organized argument. (i would apreciate some help). i have nothing to hide from them, and i look twards a day that none of us should because of changes in perspective.

oh and letters without return addresses dont have ip's so thats the way to go for all you people that are sketched out as hell... i can understand how scary it is talking to lunatics with power, just be sure to explain to them why your sketched in your letters in an atempt to preserve yourselves from people with bad intentions.

i found that the dea's goal is to protect the controlled substances act. i dont think the act has a part talking about adding things to the list, if it does can someone give me a link to the section?

Last edited:
^Edit: I would enter the DEA website with a completely clean cache memory and no other browser windows open myself. Defintely clear up any random silly stuff on my computer too.....these guys are NOT PLAYING. They want drug usetrs i jail, its their job etc...Don't give them a reason to hurt you. Use logic and reason and LEGAL ARGUMENTS only.

topekoms18 said:
Here's a better idea, convince the pharmaceutical companies that there's a fortune to be made producing high quality psychedellics, which there most certainly is, and let them lobby for us. It goes without saying that big pharma is one of the biggest reasons for continued banning of substances thats dont need to be scheduled in such fashion. Also, if all these things became legal I'd have to get a real job, jk:D

There aint know fortune to made in ibogaine- what if your particular pharmaceutical company manufactrued oxycodone as well as an anti-addictive treatment? Not likely. The same argument applies when conspiracy theorists suggest that cancer/aids etc could be cured, but the money made in anti-viral and chemotherapy drugs is massively more then a possible one-shot cure. Sadly, thats capitalism. Also, money and tripping leave a bad taste in my mouth to be honest....

swilow said:
^Edit: I would enter the DEA website with a completely clean cache memory and no other browser windows open myself. Defintely clear up any random silly stuff on my computer too.....these guys are NOT PLAYING. They want drug usetrs i jail, its their job etc...Don't give them a reason to hurt you. Use logic and reason and LEGAL ARGUMENTS only.

Thats why I hate the cops. People ask me, "how can you hate the cops?" or "not all cops are bad"

But I just tell them the plain simple truth. These mother fuckers get up every morning, and go to work at trying to put ME in jail.

And for what? Having a fucking plant or fungus?

were all americans, and you would be suprised at the realm of influence we have in this country when we can all communicate.

Dude, perhaps you shouldn't write these lettters. We are not all american. . I still can't believe the US thinks like that lol :D Anyway, as you were, I guess this thread is completely irrelevant to anyone not in the US, which makes me inclinced to shut it as it is more a regional discussion.

swilow said:
Either way, a forum like PD will hopefully one day be looked at as the writings of ancient pioneering psychonauts who dared to dream :) The best thing we can do with psychedelics is use them safely and wisely.
Or a place where a bunch of "idiots" came together to talk about chemicals that down the line cause strange diseases.

Kind of like how we look back just decades ago at people who smoked and had no clue about the dangers of cancer and what not.

PsyGhost said:
Thats why I hate the cops. People ask me, "how can you hate the cops?" or "not all cops are bad"

But I just tell them the plain simple truth. These mother fuckers get up every morning, and go to work at trying to put ME in jail.

And for what? Having a fucking plant or fungus?

I hear you, though I don't feel hatred- simply frustration and dismissal. I have friends in the police that aren't my friends any longer BECAUSE they are police officers.... The fact is, cops are humans- it the psycho bigwigs who take drug use personally that scare me; they actually SEE drug users as criminals and social deviants. The second I'm more then happy to be- the first, not so much....:\ The whole legal system is just a game really, and a rather sad one at that...

This is very O/T but check out serial killer Henry Lee Lucas to see what a shambles the legal system is. Here is a man who killed a very large quota of innocent people, yet he was the only man pardoned by George W. Bush when he was governor of Texas. The reason- Lucas had admitted to up to one thousand murdrers, including several completely fabricated by the police, to test him. In the end, there is very little proof that he did anything really, so obscured is the truth in the lies he was provided with (he would be given documenta relating to a murder to read, then questioned several days later and thus charged for it).....

Last edited: