• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lets help the government

Well, woon cood always hit d'blind boogers over d'head wit dere CANES, y'know...

Care'ta spoonsor dat?

closey?

IGNVS said:
to understand our point of view on psychedelics!

dmt in perticular (i think the strongest statements can be made considering it is in all our brainz). if you could please barage every government agency you see fit with lengthy letters questioning its legal status, including information and expereinces, right from the heart.
I'll assume that you are talking about the U.S. government here...

Sending letters, email, phone-calls etc. to government agencies won't accomplish anything, I assure you. This government is completely out of the citizens control nowadays. All of our 'representatives' (at least, the ones in influential positions) are controlled by powerful interests. I'm involved in left-wing politics, and I have found that it is nearly impossible to convince the government to go against those groups. You can't even persuade them to respect basic civil rights and the constitution. That is something that is very popular with citizens, it shouldn't be hard to convince them to do this, but it is. I have called them hundreds of times, sent dozens of letters and emails, signed numerous petitions... it makes no difference to them. They are paid lots of money to ignore me.

That is why your calls will do nothing. There are many groups and industries that are opposed to drug legalization, because they make lots of money from it being illegal. They have a lot more influence with the government than you have. A call from a constituent means nothing to them, because they have access to lobbyists that will give them ANYTHING to influence their opinions, from dinners at expensive restaurants and vacations in the Bahamas, to tens of thousands of dollars in cash, to hookers and coke. On top of that, drugs are a 'third rail' type issue and not nearly as popular as protecting civil rights.

Calling them works occasionally, it worked last year when conservatives stopped the immigration reform bill. But they had the media on their side. Drug users aren't so lucky. The media gets lots of advertising money from big pharmaceutical companies and other industries opposed to drug legalization, and they don't like to make their advertisers angry.

I think it would be possible to convince them to stop persecuting drug users, but it definitely won't be as easy as calling your senators and the DEA a few times. There are serious problems with the political system that must be fixed first. The main problem is:

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country...corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." - Abraham Lincoln

^^ This is happening, or it happened already. Americans have got to put a stop to it. Until that is done, I doubt drugs will be legalized. Too much money involved...

I think the legality of all drugs should remain as they are. Those who are qualified to use them will truly use them wisely, and be privy to the benefits of their use, without persecution. Those who do not will either be weeded out by police intervention, subdued in part by their own paranoia, compelled to fight losing battles against drug legislation, or otherwise inconvenienced by the perspectivelessness inherent in their behavior, as consequence for their own incongruency. It all adds up in the end.

^^ That's easy to say... until you get unlucky and are persecuted.

I still think this could do more harm than good though. Perhaps I never said that in the first place. I admire where it's coming from, but I can't participate and we ask that you please do not mention Bluelight if you contact anyone about this. Bluelight is already watched enough... no need to make them think we're trying to organize a revolt or something.

Xorkoth said:
^^ That's easy to say... until you get unlucky and are persecuted.
that becomes far less likely when you practice behavior such as: not selling drugs, not buying drugs from sketchy people, not being unruly outside with drugs in your possession, not driving around with drugs you cannot conceal, etc.

I haven't bought drugs off anyone but very close friends inside my own house for a very, very long time. If I were to be persecuted, it would be because I allow rowdy drunk people around my apartment in plain sight, some of whom are underage, and just happen to have evidence of drug use inside. That's not bad luck, it's foolishness. Everything is.

^^ Well all I'm saying is, no matter how careful you are, it can happen, because drugs are illegal. Not everyone in jail for drugs sells them or does anything with them except responsible personal use (although of course most in prison were stupid about it). I don't sell drugs either, or buy them from anyone but trusted people, and in fact haven't had to buy any in about a year. It still worries me though.

The bottom line, to me, is that the drug laws are fucked up because there are hundreds of thousands of people in jail for victimless crimes... people who could have contributed to society but instead are subjected to the horros of jail. And if they're lucky to get out without becoming sick and twisted and learning how to become real criminals, they've still lost many opportunities to become what they want to in life.

Just Send Money!

If you want to help the government, just send money!

Drug prohibition is so absolutely sickening to me. How dare they take away our freedom, and then continue this bullshit, after it's been proven ineffective, wasting billions and billions of dollars, and is causing way more problems than it's solving.

nbsp said:
I think the legality of all drugs should remain as they are. Those who are qualified to use them will truly use them wisely, and be privy to the benefits of their use, without persecution. Those who do not will either be weeded out by police intervention, subdued in part by their own paranoia, compelled to fight losing battles against drug legislation, or otherwise inconvenienced by the perspectivelessness inherent in their behavior, as consequence for their own incongruency. It all adds up in the end.

Yes. But you can't do your "responsible drug use" without having some guy take big risks transporting the drugs etc. Unless you're a chemist or you know one close by.

Shlumpeet said:
Drug prohibition is so absolutely sickening to me. How dare they take away our freedom, and then continue this bullshit, after it's been proven ineffective, wasting billions and billions of dollars, and is causing way more problems than it's solving.

Yes, that's another significant problem with it... the incredible amounts of money it costs our society. It's part of the reason we're in such a huge amount of debt (of course this ridiculous "war" is currently the main reason).

The bottom line is that it's terribly irresponsible of the government to continue this facade of "protection" in the war on drugs. The social and economic costs cannot be understated. I would love to hear someone's argument for prohibition using actual logic and not sensationalism. Perhaps it's possible to identify a couple of dubious benefits that are derived from our current system, but they are grossly overruled by the human and economic costs that are left in its wake.

xorkoth, dont worry man im not mentioning bluelight, why would i? that makes no sense. and yes a revolt would be more carefuly watched.

over the past few days my views of this country have been changing, twards everything about it. its been drawn twards cinisizm, and a real static view of things unfortunatly.

alot of things and alot of you have kinda got me to thinking nothing can be done here. and your probably right. but giving up or dismising the problem as something we are geting around anyway still dosent seem right here. regardless, thank you all for your replies.

i saw this real inspirational speach just a few minutes ago, and im going to ask people to discontinue posting until they have watched it, regardless of your political views. try to see this for its concept, not nesesarily the perticular problems he addresses.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/hisownwords

its real easy to just keep on doing what were doing, but i have alot more respect for the validity of drugs, perticularly psychedelics, to not activly persue changes in the legal structure against them. all evil takes is good people to do nothing.

IGNVS said:
xorkoth, dont worry man im not mentioning bluelight, why would i? that makes no sense. and yes a revolt would be more carefuly watched.

I dunno, I was just echoing swilow because he seemed concerned. :)

Xorkoth said:
I dunno, I was just echoing swilow because he seemed concerned. :)

Its true, he was. I just mean try not to bring more attention here I guess.

The problem is that your expecting the governments to see reason IGNVS, where befre they saw dollar signs. You have to have some damn good reasons for them to accept that change.

Ultimately, as bad as this sounds, I think he greatest change in society will occurr only after extreme, prolonged violence on the planets surface. The fact of life is that we can't house ourselves here anymore; people are surely to panic about that and try and grab what they can, however they can. Its already happenning to an extent. But anyway, doom or gloom to come, I'd rather see starving children illegalised then psychedelics legalised. I can still trip regardless of their legality, but with our culture, I can affect the lives of children not one whit....pity that.

Personally, I feel the only answer that comes close to solving these challenges is a grassroots, mass movement in consciousness.
It is certainly already happening, but not fast enough for our planet.
These conversations might need to continue in private.
But.. I cant pm staff yet :(

When enough people share a vision, it will manifest.
Be it apocalypse or utopia.

Quote:
"With our thoughts we make the world- "

Tathagata Budda - Monkey magic

marsmellow said:
I'll assume that you are talking about the U.S. government here...

Sending letters, email, phone-calls etc. to government agencies won't accomplish anything, I assure you. This government is completely out of the citizens control nowadays. All of our 'representatives' (at least, the ones in influential positions) are controlled by powerful interests. I'm involved in left-wing politics, and I have found that it is nearly impossible to convince the government to go against those groups. You can't even persuade them to respect basic civil rights and the constitution. That is something that is very popular with citizens, it shouldn't be hard to convince them to do this, but it is. I have called them hundreds of times, sent dozens of letters and emails, signed numerous petitions... it makes no difference to them. They are paid lots of money to ignore me.

That is why your calls will do nothing. There are many groups and industries that are opposed to drug legalization, because they make lots of money from it being illegal. They have a lot more influence with the government than you have. A call from a constituent means nothing to them, because they have access to lobbyists that will give them ANYTHING to influence their opinions, from dinners at expensive restaurants and vacations in the Bahamas, to tens of thousands of dollars in cash, to hookers and coke. On top of that, drugs are a 'third rail' type issue and not nearly as popular as protecting civil rights.

Calling them works occasionally, it worked last year when conservatives stopped the immigration reform bill. But they had the media on their side. Drug users aren't so lucky. The media gets lots of advertising money from big pharmaceutical companies and other industries opposed to drug legalization, and they don't like to make their advertisers angry.

I think it would be possible to convince them to stop persecuting drug users, but it definitely won't be as easy as calling your senators and the DEA a few times. There are serious problems with the political system that must be fixed first. The main problem is:

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country...corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." - Abraham Lincoln

^^ This is happening, or it happened already. Americans have got to put a stop to it. Until that is done, I doubt drugs will be legalized. Too much money involved...
its true unfortunetly, and however true this is, we cant let it stop or slow down the few people who are trying, no matter how small their influence it keeps it alaive. this isnt an egoistic goal here, i dont care if its my generation or in the next, we need to keep trying and keep an organized bunch of people atempting to move foward to give everyone hope, however far that may seem.
i agree with swilow and the children, which is why i realy admire obama (especialy after seeing that video i posted). i think the guy will give america and the world at a shot to be leaders in critical thinking and reasoning, leaving the ignorance of issues and the fear to work them out in the history books.

i realy hate double posting for some strange reason, but i want to get this out there.

i just saw this show on abc called 'the outsiders'. i think they might be willing to give a look at some of the things alot of people in the psychedelic community have to say. abc, watched by millions of people across america.

this is a perfect chance to get our opinions out there, i think a well collaborated group of people should contact the show and put some stuff together to be a first national atempt of sorts to spread awareness of the benifits of psychedelics.

anyone down?pm me

^But how are you going to do any of this without admitting to using illegal drugs yourself? Please be careful. :)