⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

i'm watching "o brother where art thou?"

i've seen it at least 10 times and i could watch it again tomorrow with no qualms.

"that ain't my culture and heritage!"

Pi: no fucking subtitles so really hard to follow the dialogue (won't someone think of us deaf bastards?) but I dug it.

Rules Of Attraction

I tried so many times to watch this movie, but failed for some reason or another. I'm glad I was finally able to make it through the entire thing for once. :)

Popped in my dvd of.....
Taxi_Driver_poster.JPG

Again.
Enjoyed myself thoroughly as usual =D
Some irreverent tidbits: I still cant get over how attractive Cybill shepherd was lol......and everytime I hear Albert Brooks speaking I keep expecting Dory to show up:!

PinholeStar said:
70710hd5.jpg

I got this baby for Christmas. %)

It was the most visually arresting film ever anyway, but the new digitally mastered final cut just looks un-fucking-believable. Every single frame could be hung in a gallery.

We'll never see the likes of it again. Simply awe-inspiring.

If you can check out if this is in theaters around your area. I saw this on the big screen a couple nights ago and there's nothing like it! :D How did you like the slight shift in the ending (they had it in the director's cut too)?

crazy love

i didn't know the 'punchline' going in - it was amazing. don't click the link if you don't want to know what happened...

alasdair

chucklarry.jpg

i liked this movie its was good.....er wat i saw of it.....DAMN NOD =D ;)

wanderlust said:
not watched but, i gave matchstick men this christmas.
i found it for five dollars ;)

good gift, great movie.

lilczey, i was horrified at that one, really realllly bad, and i like both those guys. i can dig shallow humor, but that took the cake, not even funny at all.

even the previews were ridiculous, so cliche, who nowadays finds homosexual relationships funny if you aren't 11?

last movie i saw was grandmas boy, and it is as ridiculously funny as ever.

AmorRoark said:
If you can check out if this is in theaters around your area. I saw this on the big screen a couple nights ago and there's nothing like it! :D How did you like the slight shift in the ending (they had it in the director's cut too)?

It was showing in a few cinemas in London & whatnot, but I was unable to get to see it that way unfortunately.

I think the Final Cut's fantastic though. I'd only ever seen the Director's cut before, so have never heard the narration nor seen the ending with Deckard & Rachael driving off into the sunset, although every version of the film is included in the set that I've got so I'll check it out at some point, for completion's sake. The ending in the Final Cut is perfect though, & as I understand it, it doesn't patronise the audience to the extent that the original ending did.

There's loads of little changes, such as when Roy Batty meets Tyrell, he now says "I want more life, father" instead of "I want more life, fucker". The new line is much more poignant, I think.

The Dangerous Days documentary that comes with it is epic as well, & a fascinating insight into a troubled yet seminal production. Just all round brilliance.

Nice to see that you're a fan too Amy. Tell me that you're a fan of Neuromancer & I may just ask you to marry me. ;)

733833~Dude-Where-s-My-Car-Posters.jpg

I hadnt seen it in a while. Still very Hillllariousness was ensued.

Last thing I watched was Vacancy

Predictable yet still sinister with sufficient suspence

its alright

PinholeStar said:
Nice to see that you're a fan too Amy. Tell me that you're a fan of Neuromancer & I may just ask you to marry me. ;)

Neuromancer is great, obviously, but my favorite still remains Snow Crash. I don't know what it is about it... I hope they don't make it into a film as Hollywood usually mucks it up. Blade Runner being one of the exceptions, of course.

Looks to wiki:

Film adaptation

The novel was optioned shortly after its publication and subsequent success, although it has never progressed past pre-production. John Raffo and Jeffery Nachmanoff both completed drafts under the supervision of director Marco Brambilla while the project was set up at Touchstone Pictures and Kathleen Kennedy's production company, but due to the large budget required, neither was given a greenlight.

Good news so far. ;)

NSFW:
Oh, and what'd you think about The Final Cut basically spelling out the big secret? I thought I'd hate it but I actually enjoyed 'figuring it out'.

AmorRoark said:
Neuromancer is great, obviously, but my favorite still remains Snow Crash. I don't know what it is about it...

Let's set a date! <3

NSFW:
Oh, and what'd you think about The Final Cut basically spelling out the big secret? I thought I'd hate it but I actually enjoyed 'figuring it out'.

I think it works the best of all the endings because although it leaves little doubt as to the big question (due in part, I think, to Ridley Scott wanting to put the issue to bed, once & for all) & provides a thematically satisfying resolution, it still ends the film on a note of uncertainty.

NSFW:

Where do Deckard & Rachael go next? How long do either of them have to live? Were Gaff's final lines a warning that they themselves will be hunted down, or was he merely prefacing the clue to Deckard's identity that he'd left for him? Was he doing both?
So although in one sense, the ending is a happy one, in another it's as bleak as the rest of the film has led the viewer to believe, & still, if you so desire, leaves the whole affair open to interpretation.....

I had trouble sleeping last night so I got out of bed, flicked on the TV and this classic was on:

bonnieclyde.jpg

I've probably seen it around 5 times before, but I can never resist when one of my favourite movies comes on TV (even though I have it on DVD and can watch it any time I like). I had to be up early for work, but after a few brilliant scenes and a little spliff, I knew there was no way I was gonna be going to bed %)

"Well, I doooo declare!"

this needs a bump.

and also i was sick for a day and put myself through a few movies:

-pecker
-raging bull
-sliding doors - this was the only one i had not watched before but was on my to do list. good concept. i mostly enjoyed it, but i always enjoy movies without super sticky sweet endings.

Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance

koyaanisqatsi.jpg

Excellent cinematography. Great score (Philip Glass). Terrible message. It's like, yeah, we made this film exposing the apocalyptic mixture of urban life & technology vs. nature. Yeeet.... we used all this really state of the art technology to make it and didn't make urban life (generally) seem all that terrible. Sure, NYC streets are going to look busy when we play it in SUPER DUPER FAST MOTION. Sorry, I really felt this film was a waste of my time.