• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is making wax running a drug lab?
theres no actual rxn being done to make wax mane.
i'd never live in Utah
damn mormons

Wonder how many people he recommended to be put in prison for less...

They put "drug lab" in the title to make it seem so big and scary. I hate that they always report how they found a gun in the house when the majority of America has guns in their houses...

how is making wax running a drug lab?
theres no actual rxn being done to make wax mane.
i'd never live in Utah
damn mormons
what are you talking about no reactions?

its a chemical extraction process with non-polar solvents than you then heat (thermal reaction) to evaporate the solvent.

its a drug lab for sure. its just a THC extraction lab than a meth lab.

Is it true some people cause some serious explosions or fires trying to make this stuff?

I dont think anyone makes this shatter stuff here in Aus, i've never come across it.

I like looking at the pics tho -

http://instagram.com/dopecooks

Is it true some people cause some serious explosions or fires trying to make this stuff?

I dont think anyone makes this shatter stuff here in Aus, i've never come across it.

I like looking at the pics tho -

http://instagram.com/dopecooks

I'm hearing of more and more explosions from these types of labs in the U.S. Here's one from Washington with a video: http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/05/...-fires-illegal-hash-oil-lab-washington/12282/

I'm sure most people that do these extractions do so safely, but when it goes wrong it tends to go really really badly. I remember another story from Chicago where a whole apartment building burned down, can't find that one now though.

Frying a turkey is easier to make an explosion then just making some dabs, imo.

Haha depends on doing it,..yea its a drug lab but minor enough they could say cannabis lab or something. It def makes it seem like its some kind of troump on the deadliest of drug...marijuana!

But I've def read a ton of stories of butane extract labs going boom. Plus you have to figure a lot of the less professional ppl are prob all stoned up when they are messing with large quantities of butane and heat lol.

lab filled with burned out microwaves rusted equipment and exposed wiring

Walter White would never stand for that! Inside the chaotic Breaking Bad-style drugs lab filled with burned out microwaves, rusted equipment and exposed wiring

These are the chaotic scenes inside a Breaking Bad-style drugs laboratory filled with burned out microwaves, dirty and rusty equipment and exposed wiring.
It took Merseyside Police's forensic officers four days to comb the dilapidated building after they raided the three-storey terraced house in Wavertree, Liverpool, at 3.50pm on Sunday.
Inside the derelict building they discovered vats, glass cylinders, rusted spoons, gas containers and other gear they believe could have been used make and flood the streets with Class A drugs.

2F04754600000578-0-image-a-18_1449144578160.jpg

2F04754E00000578-0-image-a-19_1449144583379.jpg

It is suspected meth-amphetamine was being 'cooked' on a regular basis inside the house.
These photos show the crumbling interior of the property, with electrical wires exposed, vats containing liquids, and hosepipes attached to sink taps.

Glass cylinders, rusted ladles, metal cooking trays, almost-burnt out microwaves, plastic containers of silicone and heavy gas containers were also among the haul.
Buckets of oil, measuring jars, and other chemicals littered the floors of most rooms.

2F04759200000578-0-image-a-20_1449144586415.jpg

2F04755600000578-0-image-a-24_1449145669226.jpg

Squatters are understood to have been living inside the house, with guitars, keyboards, amplifiers and other musical instruments scattered around, perhaps left behind by previous tenants.
Some of the walls were painted in garish multicoloured designs and branded with 'Viva la Skwot'.
The sheer scale of the clean-up operation, and removal of suspected noxious chemicals, is likely to take until the weekend, police said.

It is understood the flat's landlord, who does not live in Merseyside, came across the drugs lab when trying to evict a squatter.
Residents said the windows were blacked out and officers told them some walls had been knocked down to create more space for drug-making.
It is believed meth-amphetamine was being produced inside the flat, but police are yet to confirm the type of substance being made.

2F04757200000578-0-image-a-27_1449145690807.jpg

2F04756E00000578-0-image-a-26_1449145684450.jpg

2F04757A00000578-0-image-a-29_1449145705339.jpg

Cont -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...c-Breaking-Bad-style-drugs-lab-Liverpool.html

^for real, seems like some nice audio equipment just abandoned... or maybe it was a vertical distribution plan? make meth, press it into fake E pills, then hold raves where you sell the pills, profit

I wonder how much this place is to rent....I could see the craigslist add. Wonderful 2 bedroom apartment, comes furnished. No pictures available. Comes As is, no ifs ands or buts.

I'd rent it. I know a lot about carpentry, plumbing, and drywall. I also studied electronics engineering...one of the courses was on working on electricity in commercial and occupied residences. I'd invite friends over.....I could see it now.

"please come in! that is a lovely plant you brought as a houswarming gift. Hors'doerves are on top of that pile of broken glass. I guess just sit anywhere, but just know that some of the chemicals that have been spilled are mildly corrosive and may contain crystal meth" "cigarette you say? just ash on the floor, it kinda adds to my interior design of the place";)

Now that is an active man. "a clean lab shows a lazy chemist"

I would rent that space... it kinda looks like my ideal apartment without the drug synthesis of course. And that separatory funnel in the last picture is worth some money because of its size that is the real waste here nice glassware that could have had a legit purpose, the untold victims of the drug war.

Meth lab busted in Kenosha: More than $1 million worth of meth disguised as cocaine

Meth lab busted in Kenosha: More than $1 million worth of meth disguised as cocaine recovered

KENOSHA COUNTY — Kenosha County Sheriff’s officials say four people were arrested as a search warrant was executed at a home in Kenosha on Tuesday morning, December 15th, and more than $1 million worth of meth disguised as cocaine was recovered.

The search warrant was executed at the home on 50th Street in Kenosha around 6:00 a.m. (near 50th Street and 16th Avenue).

The four men taken into custody are between the ages of 20 and 23.

Members of the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department’s Drug Operations Group located marijuana, cocaine, crystal meth, a firearm and a meth lab in the home.

Due to the strong chemical odors and an unknown substance (brown liquid), a processing room inside the home was secured until a DEA agent arrived to the scene.

The scene tested positive for meth — and bagged kilos, assumed to be cocaine, actually tested positive for meth.

Officials say these men that were taken into custody were actively working a meth lab while purposely giving the meth the appearance of powdered cocaine — and selling it as cocaine.

The processing lab was used to convert crystal meth into white powder that resembles cocaine. The men would then sell it as powered cocaine.

Cutting agents were used to convert one pound of meth into four pounds of white power lookalike cocaine meth.

Officials say the following was recovered from the home:

3.7 grams of cocaine (worth $370)
11,084.5 grams of THC (worth $69,000)
17,169.9 grams of meth (worth $1,545,291)

http://fox6now.com/2015/12/16/551542/

That's crazy! I'd be so pissed if I did a line of coke and then couldn't sleep for a day...

What a strange thing, meth that looks like coke. I understand how the police drew this conclusion and perhaps it was correct but is there any evidence of this directly? I only ask because sure cocaine has a specific look but what if they were pressing crystal meth into brick because they wanted it to take up less space in a sense. Sure crystalline products may be great for aesthetic purposes but they do not travel as well as their pressed counter parts. I could see an organized group who synthesizes the meth from one area, presses it into bricks for travel to a different area, and then recrystallizes the product at the destination as you dont need to transport crystals only sell them.

As stated above i would think you would get noticed right off the bat as people expect their cocaine to be an anesthetic and their meth to be well not. Also how do you find the amount of THC in a sample and extrapolate that to be the THC in the whole amount? I know US drug laws consider aggregate mixtures as pure but come on thats a bit much, right? Even extract isnt 100% at best probably 95% and on average closer to 75-80.

Yeah, that sounds stupid... the second your mouth doesn't go numb from a tester you'd know it's not coke. Sounds completely unnecessary... if you're gonna fuck people over with drugs that sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Gotta be an easier alternative.

^
They said they used a cutting agent and if they were using procaine or any other caine it could be passed off...

Were these cartel boys?
Its hard to imagine kids that young pulling something like that off alone.

I know US drug laws consider aggregate mixtures as pure but come on thats a bit much, right? Even extract isnt 100% at best probably 95% and on average closer to 75-80.

They include package/binders/fillers in the weights and it is a crime in its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.