• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I kinda agree with 'medicine cabinet' I was gn post something similar but was too stoned to remember my password. So someone somewhere makes some sort of amphetamine. I don't see how that bears any resemblance to it tbh. So many news articles and shit referring to breaking bad is starting to annoy me. People have been running large scale operations of amphetamine hydrochoride and base for a LOOONG time. Unless this guy was an ex teacher I don't see the resemblance personally

Yeah that was my first thought too. It was only mentioned so more people would click. There is nothing like Breaking Bad going on here.

Extremely tired of the breaking bad similarity stories to every meth bust... :p

To bad these guys got caught up seems they were making son money

No i read the article, and the only BB thing i guess is that they were making stimulants in a suburban house. But making or growing any illegal drugs, having a house not in a bad area does provide some insulation, but even in BB they had the rv lab and then the superlab. They only cooked in jessies house. Also walter white didnt run it from his luxury villa...i think it was mentioned bc ppl would click on it.

Woman accused of running hotel drug lab took selfies with drugs and cash, court hears

1403323931596.jpg-300x0.jpg

A woman accused of running a drug lab out of a five-star hotel was found with "selfies" of her using drugs and showing off large amounts of cash, a court has heard.

The Melbourne Magistrates Court was told 25-year-old Melinda Hansen was arrested when she returned to room 103 of The Olsen hotel, South Yarra, while it was being searched by police on Friday morning.

Senior Constable Luci Saunders told the court police found methylamphetamines, heart-shaped ecstasy tablets, drug-manufacturing equipment and instructions on how to make methylamphetamine, which is commonly known as ice.

A silver suitcase containing protective equipment was also found, along with a book detailing prices and amounts of drugs that had been sold, Senior Constable Saunders said.
The diary was written in the same pink ink also found in a diary owned by Ms Hansen, she alleged.

Police also recovered mobile phones with allegedly incriminating texts and photographs, 20 prepaid sim cards and a number of prepaid credit cards.

Ms Hansen has been charged with five offences, including trafficking a drug of dependence, possessing a drug of dependence and possessing material for manufacturing drugs.

Ms Hansen, who suffers from bipolar disorder, denied the substances found in the room were drugs and said she was seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist to help get her life back on track.

“I don’t want a life of drugs,” she said from the dock.

Police opposed bail, saying Ms Hansen had a significant drug problem, no source of income and nowhere to stay.

Ms Hansen’s father recently cancelled a credit card she had been using and left the country for three weeks, the court heard.
Magistrate Ross Betts refused bail and ordered that Ms Hansen receive mental assessment.

She was remanded to reappear in court on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...court-hears-20140621-zshc4.html#ixzz35Fw0ncIK

I wanna know how the fuck you get away with cooking meth in a 5-star hotel for 6 months

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drug ice could have been manufactured from the room of a five-star Melbourne hotel for months, police said following a raid on Friday morning.

Drug making equipment was allegedly found inside a room of exclusive hotel The Olsen on Chapel Street, in South Yarra, at 7.30am.

Twenty-five-year-old South Yarra woman Melinda Hansen was arrested and charged with drug-related offences, a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

She will appear in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Saturday.

The woman may have been living in the room for several months and had been allegedly manufacturing methamphetamine, also known as ice, for some time, police said.

A spokeswoman for the Art Series Hotel Group, which owns The Olsen, said they are working with authorities to assist with an investigation surrounding a guest in one of its hotels.

"The hotel group and its management have a zero drug policy and will continue to trade responsibly," the spokeswoman said.

"The group is unable to make any further comment as they have no additional details on the matter."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...l-the-olsen-20140620-zsgq4.html#ixzz35FyRFRJE

I guess they dont get anyone in to clean or whatever? Yeah I dunno, it's not like you are going to do your own washing of bed sheets and stuff in a 5 star is it? Hrm... Fuck knows, let me know if you work it out.

ABC news just said that she claims the heart-shaped pills are mints from Sportsgirl - they had footage of such mints so it wouldn't surprise me if they were. A heart shaped pill press would be pretty be pretty damned boutique. Why didn't the cops test them with a reagent? There's a lot of questions about this case. They haven't charged her with manufacture. My money is on her holding the gear (which as far as I can tell is only a gas mask, overalls, instructions for cooking & 60 grams of meth) for someone else that she was dealing for. There's no way she was cooking in a 5-star hotel. No way.

There's been all sorts of heart shaped E's over the years, different colours and presses. I didnt see it tho.

One day I will make it to Australia, the land of milk and honey ice.

^ lol... Im glad you crossed out honey and replaced it with ice, as coincidently we have a shortage of honey, I read that it's been the worst year for it in along time and amounts are right down, I read an article that one of the large places that makes honey asked consumers to limit their use and stock is running very low.

Ice on the other hand is everywhere :D

(AUS) SA police uncover lab used to make synthetic cannabis

POLICE say they are concerned at the discovery of a sophisticated laboratory used to make synthetic cannabis, in what is believed to be the first case of its kind in Australia.

Detectives from the SA Police’s Serious and Organised Crime Branch found the laboratory inside a home at Pinnaroo on Thursday, after receiving a tip-off from Victorian police.

Detective Chief Inspector John Gerlach said police would allege the owner of the home was involved in the production of synthetic cannabis — which has previously been marketed as “chronic”.

“This was the first lab of its kind in South Australia and possibly in Australia, I’m not aware of any other labs of this kind in Australia to this date,” Det Gerlach said.

A 52-year old man from Keysborough in Victoria was arrested and charged with manufacturing a controlled drug, possessing controlled precursors and possessing prescribed equipment.

Det Gerlach said the laboratory used dangerous chemicals and posed a serious risk to neighbouring properties.

“This was a very sophisticated lab and it was in a residential area, there was a considerable amount of glassware and chemicals both toxic and volatile,” he said.

Det Gerlach admitted the discovery came “out of left field” and had taken police by surprise.

“This is different to hydroponics, it’s probably more akin to amphetamine or ecstasy production, where it’s producing a chemical-based substance which then gets put onto a vegetable material and is sold as synthetic cannabis,” he said.

Det Gerlach said the man came to the attention of Victorian police in recent months.

“There were some irregularities in chemical purchases and equipment purchases that alerted the Victorian police to this and they passed the information on to us,” he said.

“It’s concerning that we’ve got a lab of this nature in South Australia and that these products could be going straight into the community.”
Adelaide Advertiser

More at http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...australian-first/story-fni6uo1m-1227108726466

What??
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I have no idea about synthetic cannabinoids and how difficult the synthesis is....but I find this a little hard to believe.
I wonder if they simply had a sophisticated set-up for spraying (?) "blends" - or if the police are to be taken on their word that this lab was truly producing synthetic 'noids from scratch.
With the talk of precursors and such, and certainly sounds like that was what they were doing, but those precursors could be anything, no?
Strange world we live in. What's wrong with a grow-op? :?

Weird he would risk making it when it can probably be bought from Asia in multi kilo quantities of pure product thus making tons of that spice crap...or maybe he was actually synthing noids but I'm kinda thinking he had some sophisticated set up for spraying drying ect and maybe chemicals to get the npids into a sprayable solution? Who knows when it comes to cops and drugs...I take most of it with a grain of bath salt.

^ exactly, yeah.
Cops love boasting to the press about busting a "sophisticated lab".
Western Australian police made an embarrassingly big deal out of busting a (super-mega dangerous) DMT lab (!!!) a year or two ago.
it was, like, not that far from a school either - and the neighbours had no idea!

It doesn't seem to make economic sense to synthesise these chemicals (unless it is really easy and cheap - like I said, I have no idea) so I wouldn't be surprised if the "precursors" mentioned were a solvent for dissolving (imported) RCs, or cleaning them or whatever else.
Admittedly I am pretty damn cynical about the ongoing drug war propaganda campaign.

Profitable as synthetic blends may be, it seems like a lot of effort and risk to go to, even compared to growing commercial quantities of cannabis.

Be interesting to follow this story and see what emerges once it gets to court.

Last edited:
It's almost certainly just a lab that sprays cannabinoids bought in China on to leafy material.

Prosecutor, 51, and his two young sons admit running an underground drug lab from the

Prosecutor, 51, and his two young sons admit running an underground drug lab from their sedate suburban home

A former attorney who represented Salt Lake City and its police department for over 10 years has accepted a plea deal in order to avoid prison after being charged with operating a makeshift drug lab with this two sons.
James Wesley Robinson, 51, pleaded guilty Friday to second-degree felony operation of a clandestine lab, second-degree felony drug possession and third-degree felony possession of a firearms by a restricted person.

Prosecutors allege Robinson - who was fired from his position in February following his arrest - was making a highly-concentrated marijuana byproduct known as 'dab' or 'shatter' from the basement of his home in Sugar House, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.

Police found the operation after responding to reports of a break-in at the property.

They then executed a search warrant on February 18 and seized several pounds of marijuana, dozens of bongs, grinders, pipes, rolling papers, scales and $26,230 in cash, court papers obtained by the The Tribune said.
In the basement, police found a pressure cooker with Dab inside, as well as glass tubes, a butane torch and numerous cans of butane.
Dab is made by extracting THC from cannabis using a butane torch.

The result is a gelatinous brown substance that is between 70 and 90 percent THC - much stronger than regular marijuana and much more expensive.
Robinson was arrested along with his sons, Alexander Jordan Robinson, 21, and Zachary Ryan Robinson, 19.

Police also found a 9mm handgun and a vial containing a white substance that field-tested positive for cocaine in their father’s bedroom.
James Robinson - who goes by 'Wes' - was facing 25 years in prison for his charges, but the prosecution recommended a non-prison sentence as a result of the plea deal.

The agreement also guarantees that Robinson won’t face a federal criminal indictment related to drug manufacturing or drug and firearms possession.
Robinson's sons also agreed to plea deals on Friday, pleading guilty to second-degree felony operation of a clandestine lab and third-degree felony drug possession with intent to distribute.
They too were recommended non-prison sentences.
All three will be sentenced on February 3.

Cont - with pics, a vid and comments -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ab-producing-Dab-marijuana-suburban-home.html

Status
Not open for further replies.