⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Kurt Cobain's Suicide and MTV Unplugged in New York

guitar-hero.jpg

even though i love kurt, this is fucking hilarious...

it doesn't matter if your cousin knows his cousin, there are people far closer to Kurt saying the opposite of what your saying.

He was also withdrawing off heroin at the time, don't think he'd have a big smile on his face :D

I was watching the Kurt Cobain Biography on A&E and they said he took a lethal dose of heroin right before he shot himself. I could br wrong though. can any1 confirm

I was watching the Kurt Cobain Biography on A&E and they said he took a lethal dose of heroin right before he shot himself. I could br wrong though. can any1 confirm

damn, why would someone so famous and rich resort to crazyness like this, i don't get it

I've always wondered how much of Kurt's suicidal desires were drug-related. I've had some bad comedowns where suicide felt like the only sensible thing in the world. Perhaps if he had waited a day or two, it would have passed.

I imagine it must be extremely hard for celebrities to get clean. They're not likely to run out of money and even if they did, there are a million hangers-on willing to give them free drugs in exchange for an opportunity to be friends with a celebrity.
You could be all "Hey, your band's demo is great! I'll play this for my manager! Oh by the way, do you think you could get me some smack? I'll get you back when my royalty check comes in..." If you were a famous rock star, you could score tons of free drugs like that...

I've always wondered how much of Kurt's suicidal desires were drug-related. I've had some bad comedowns where suicide felt like the only sensible thing in the world. Perhaps if he had waited a day or two, it would have passed.

I imagine it must be extremely hard for celebrities to get clean. They're not likely to run out of money and even if they did, there are a million hangers-on willing to give them free drugs in exchange for an opportunity to be friends with a celebrity.
You could be all "Hey, your band's demo is great! I'll play this for my manager! Oh by the way, do you think you could get me some smack? I'll get you back when my royalty check comes in..." If you were a famous rock star, you could score tons of free drugs like that...

yeah but it's way easier to take time off and kick ur addiction, than it is for some poor guy who has no money coming in while he's trying to kick his addiction. Plus celebs spend time going to spas, getting facial, spending time on resorts. They look great and healthy fast.

all i know is that he was high as shit when he did it. drugs plus mental problems and a brain programmed for suicide is not a good combo.

damn, why would someone so famous and rich resort to crazyness like this, i don't get it

because of all of the problems he had. being famous is not reason NOT to kill yourself. that was probably part of the reason. Nirvana became famous almost overnight, and i don't think he liked all of the publicity or attention.

He supposedly took "3 times the lethal dose" before shooting himself. I dont know his exact blood levels but they were pretty high. I heard the '3x lethal dose' thing from tv, so I take that fact with a bag of salt. I wonder if they even put tolerance into account when making such a claim.

I hate to put a damper on the humor everyone has created out of this terribly sad issue, but...Lie To Me??? Seriously??? For some reason I thought you were talking about some REAL documentary-type program. I just realized this is a show starring Tim Roth and Mekhi Phifer for God's sake. Reference a program from A&E, History, etc., and you may not get replies like Max's (as enjoyable as that was), because I know you intended this be a serious discussion.

I hate to put a damper on the humor everyone has created out of this terribly sad issue, but...Lie To Me??? Seriously??? For some reason I thought you were talking about some REAL documentary-type program. I just realized this is a show starring Tim Roth and Mekhi Phifer for God's sake. Reference a program from A&E, History, etc., and you may not get replies like Max's (as enjoyable as that was), because I know you intended this be a serious discussion.
it's a legitimate science. read up on paul ekman before you post.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/research/4300722.html

^ Yeah, but how do you know they used it 100% correctly in the show? Did you read the book or something too? Also, I assume the actor on the show isn't actually a homicidal maniac/suicidal therefore he might not be portraying it 100% correctly.

Honestly In Utero is still the only nirvana album i can tolerate anymore. And 5-6 years ago I was a HUGE nirvana/seattle scene fan.

^ Yeah, but how do you know they used it 100% correctly in the show? Did you read the book or something too? Also, I assume the actor on the show isn't actually a homicidal maniac/suicidal therefore he might not be portraying it 100% correctly.
yes i do actually. there is an extra on the season 1 dvd. paul ekman oversees the making of the show and facilitates each episode so they can get it as close to accurate as possible. they compare each facial expression used to that of the actual emotion so it is almost %100 accurate.

maybe he was just trying to hold his notes correctly and that can cause a strained look on his face, Yeah he had a bad life and ended up sadly commiting suicide, but looking for secret "clues" in his expressions and whatnot does not help anything after the fact, I say let the man rest in peace