Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Kurt Cobain's Suicide and MTV Unplugged in New York

Courtney definitely did not kill Kurt. They had a tumultuous relationship alright, but they were both celebrity junkies trying to cope with tremendous personal issues in all the wrong ways. Kurt just couldn't take it anymore.

Heavier Than Heaven is a biography written on Kurt Cobain with years of research gone into it, I highly recommend it. He most definitely committed suicide, the guy was struggling with some impossible demons his entire life. All that combined with his inability to handle his rising fame with a monster heroin habit to boot pushed him over the edge.

You definitely don't know what happened for sure.

funny, a nirvana song came on my workmate's radio when i opened this thread.

You definitely don't know what happened for sure.

If you ask me, she spiked his champagne. Kurt was definitely in pain, and maybe he did want to die at times, but in my opinion, Courtney had him killed.

o rly?

Fact is, there is actual evidence supporting the fact that he committed suicide. Everyone blaming Courtney has nothing of substance to back it up. The fact that she was a crazy bitch and/or that they didn't get along isn't anywhere near enough evidence to accuse someone of murder.

She could very well have been a part of what drove him to suicide though, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
There will probably always be conspiracy theories based around kurt's death. You have guys like El Duce' who has come forward saying courtney offered him $X to kill kurt. Soon after admiting this I guess he was killed by a train. And Tom Grant, the private eye courtney hired to look for kurt while he was missing is still claiming foul play.

Personally, I think he said he was going to kill himself with an overdose in an mtv interview, failed to do so, and then took a massive heroin od and shot himself for good measure a few months later.

Can we definitely be sure anything is definitely true?

immanuel-kant.jpg

(to Amor) ^ LMFAO! I don't know why that's so funny with the attached image, because the statement alone I feel pretty strongly about. Unless someone somewhere has video footage of Kurt actually blowing his brains out, then I will definitely never be 100% convinced of any theory regarding this incident. Actually, to be totally honest, unless I can travel back in time and witness whatever happened with my own eyes, nothing is certain as far as I'm concerned.

eon_blue: You caught me. "Supposedly" or "apparently" would be better words to describe his state (or lack) of pain.

I noticed something when watching Nirvana's MTV Unplugged In New York yesterday.

for those of you who watch the TV show on the Food Network, Good Eats, and saw the most recent episode, you know that the expressions of hungry intent and VERY hungry intent are almost exactly alike. being so similar it is hard to tell which is which. (Good Eats is based on an exact science created by Kirstie Alley, and adapted into a TV show. For more info visit Kirstie Alley's website: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20276768,00.html)

In kurt cobain's case, this obviously would have been very hungry intent if it had been captured on video. it in fact was captured on video however, and if someone had foreseen this i believe that kurt's munchies could have been prevented (or at least delayed).

At the last 3 or 4 words of the final song of MTV Unplugged in New York (Where Did You Eat Last Night? a cover of The Potbellies), one of the last meals of Kurt Cobain's life only a few months before he ate, kurt takes a deep breath in and for a split second his face flashes the face of either hungry or very hungry (once again very hungry in this case).

I managed to capture a screenshot of this:

2wevspv.jpg

You can clearly see it in his face (even if you don't watch Good Eats) how much hunger he is in, and that he's either going to, or thinking of eating.

Kurt Cobain's hunger was tragic, and he is my favorite musician of all time. Nirvana was an amazing band, and it is so sad that they were forced to end their career (though the other members went on to do other things) by Kurt's tragic eating habits.

Kurt Cobain lovers only please, no hating.

Discuss what you think about this random discovery.

Courtney definitely did not kill Kurt. They had a tumultuous relationship alright, but they were both celebrity junkies trying to cope with tremendous personal issues in all the wrong ways. Kurt just couldn't take it anymore.

Heavier Than Heaven is a biography written on Kurt Cobain with years of research gone into it, I highly recommend it. He most definitely committed suicide, the guy was struggling with some impossible demons his entire life. All that combined with his inability to handle his rising fame with a monster heroin habit to boot pushed him over the edge.
YES!!!!! heavier than heaven is exactly what i was talking about. GREAT book. also there's another book with alot of kurt's things in it by Cross as well comes with a CD of an interview with the author. he talks about how Kurt and Courtney truly loved eachother, and that there was no doubt in his mind that she did not kill him. After years of looking through kurt's things, and talking to people he knew in his life, who wouldn't be convinced that he wasn't murdered?

kurt cobain's death was DEFINITELY caused by himself, and only himself.

I dare say that for those who were close to him, catching a glimpse of this facial expression may not have been that uncommon. As others have said he was a seriously troubled individual who had been contemplating and even discussing suicide many times throughout his life. In retrospect we could say it might have been a preventable death. But with such a hard life, it could have been inevitable anyway??

It was indeed a horrible tragedy, a huge loss to the world, but he will forever live on in his music and in our hearts <3
that's why i said that it may have prevented, or delayed his death. not simply stopped it.

long live kurt cobain

I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Nirvana and Kurt Cobain fan, and I think all the Courtney conspiracy theories are bullshit!

KURT KILLED HIMSELF.PERIOD.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow...hell, after all these years it's still crazy to me that he's gone. But it's the facts.

I've read all the books...all the conspiracy theories...seen all the documentaries and movies...interviews...all of it.

Suicide ran in Kurt's family....he had 3 members of his family commit suicide.

Not to mention that when he was just in grade school, him and a friend stumbled upon a body hanging from a tree while walking to school.

Kurt was always fasinated with suicide. He's even admited this.

He even told a friend when he was in the 7th grade...and i quote..

"I'm going to be a superstar musician,kill myself, and go out in a blaze of glory."

"I want to be rich and famous and kill myself like Jimi Hendrix."

He also told his friend Rod Marsh that he had "suicide genes".

And that is just the tip of the iceburg of all the things in his life that pointed to his eventual suicide.

This is the first time something on Bluelight has made me laugh this hard in a while. Thanks guys! =D

Max FTW! I knew what was coming before I even saw the pic. CLASSIC! (I hope the OP can appreciate the humor.)

BTW, just something to think about considering all of Kurt's "suicide history", etc.: Who better to kill than someone who would be the prime suspect in their own death? Let's say the last words he ever spoke to someone were "I'm going to kill myself"...Investigation over?

Max FTW! I knew what was coming before I even saw the pic. CLASSIC! (I hope the OP can appreciate the humor.)

BTW, just something to think about considering all of Kurt's "suicide history", etc.: Who better to kill than someone who would be the prime suspect in their own death? Let's say the last words he ever spoke to someone were "I'm going to kill myself"...Investigation over?
OH EM GEEEEE KURT MURDERED HIMSELF!!!!!

haha but yes i do appreciate the humor :p

EDIT: in the funny as shit words of dane cook, "I have been chosen to assassinate myself!"

i am in serious need of expressing my opinion on this.

i fucking love this thread.

please, carry on.