• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom - still on the fence.

Keep your tolerance as low as possible for as long as you can in my opinion. Kratom--like any opiate tends to become unfeelable over time. So when I no longer benefit from the effects I instantly drop to a lower dose and face some minor withdrawals. Better than being locked on a substance that has no effects... though.
I'll describe it diff, but its essentially the same.

Kratom imo doesn't develop tolerance. So a dose is a dose consistent, its the redosing that is upped.

Till the point I actually dislike the effect, naussea and fatigue. That is when I stopped till I felt ready to start over again.

I was taking a few grams or more about 5 to 6 times a day. So I want to say no more than 20 grams a day at the most. I never used a scale but very good with eye measurements. Some days I would take less than 10 grams . Some more. Its just the most awful experience I ever had to overcome by fair. I know a guy who took no more than 4 grams a day ,two in the morning and two a night for 8years and he is dealing with the same battle on 40 days of hell. I guess it's different for everyone.
So basically, you don't know how much you took per day! I don't think humans are equipped to measure grams per hand, and the appearance/volume can vary greatly depending on strain, how fine it's crushed, humidity, how it has been packed etc.; I know that cause I use scales. How long have you been following this use pattern? What are your withdrawal symptoms?

Aha..

And why does one (increase the) redose? Because the body gets used to the substance, the effect of the same amout decreases. Some call this tolerance. ;)
Raising the dose was not optional.

Kratom would nauseate me relentlessly. Even taking them closer together eventually led to this effect.

I am terrible at lessening my use. So that was the reason I stopped with regular interval's.

While I hear story's of Oxy and Heroin where sky is the limit. But yeah offcourse there is tolerance with Kratom. For me its like it has a ceiling.

I think your chances of being hooked on kratom are quite high, honestly. It's doubtful it would encourage you to relapse on tramadol/painkillers or something like that. Most people use kratom to escape those addictions. Kratom and tramadol have overlapping highs in a way and you might start to crave kratom.

However, in some cases kratom has turned the opiate switch on in certain people. They'll go from kratom > painkillers > heroin > methadone. It's rare, but it does happen. I still don't think kratom is a good target to blame for opiate addiction. It mostly helps people, not ruin them. Heroin is much more vindictive.

Man. That sucks. It seems to me that kratom, like tramadol, also acts on the neurotransmitters serotonin, right?

I'm not exactly sure on how much I was taking. But i understand what your saying. My withdrawal symptoms in the first week were very minimum with some bacoflin and gabapentin alternating. Now I just take gabapentin once or twice a day. I am always cold, hard as hell to sleep, fatigue ,depression and a lot of pain. I always have irregular bathroom movements now. On kratom it was all normal until I stopped if that makes sesne. TMI just saying . Exercise and eating good foods with plenty of water has been the key I learned the hard way .I can't drink caffeine it makes the paws way worse. It's almost like my body will reject anything I would mix with the kratom . A very f up plant imo now that I'm 34 days out and still feeling like shit