• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom - still on the fence.

VanOccupanther

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, hope you’re all good in these strange times.

Ive just started taking a bit of kratom again recently having experimented a bit in past with varying results. Varying from nausea to nothing to really decent semi euphoric highs. I’ve fairly recently come off a nearly four year stint on bupe and I’m just looking to take the edge off at work and social gatherings (if there were any just now).

just wondered if anyone with real experience in this area could give me a few pointers. I’m currently using a red strain. 6 grams pop and flush seems to be a nice little buzz, but 10g made me feel pretty sick.

Any advice greatly appreciated there are many wise people on here.

Hey
Ad dosage: What you wrote seems reasonable. Without tolerance 8g can hit relatively hard and 10g can be 'too much', but this also depends on how well your body can absorb the active compounds. In my experience, this can make a huge difference regarding the effect.

There is a thread on dosage and how/why more isn't always better with kratom here. You can also filter subforums by prefix (by clicking on them); there are some kratom mega-threads that may help you out, also in regard what potentially awaits you in terms of withdrawal etc. Some of these threads are listed with the Opioid prefix though.

Ad strain: I think nobody can really tell you what you like or respond to most. If you have a decent vendor, you could try some samples and figure it out that way. Some varieties are more sedating and physical, others more light and uplifting. I like the green ones (Maeng Da) and some whites, but it depends from which batch and country it comes too, since it's a natural product. At the end of the day, it's all kratom..

Ad use pattern: If you tie your kratom taking to real life events (work, socializing as you wrote), I think the chances that you set yourself up for trouble are really high! You will soon "need" kratom for these things. Also, when you take it 24/7 the body gets used to it pretty quickly. I found that a 'recreational' use pattern is much more manageable and effective in all regards basically. The psychological effect, the knowledge that I can take kratom e.g. in the evening, really works well for me during the day, but everybody is different I guess.

Ad ROA: Having tried all kinds of ways, I found it doesn't really matter that much. It's like with every other orally administered substance. If the body is ready to absorb (empty stomach, well hydrated, etc.), it will just do that and the effects will be more pronounced.

Have a good one.. 🍃

Last edited:
What do you guys think of the Kratom White Maeng Da? I know absolutely nothing about kratom but I would love to try it.

Also, is 21.51 USD a good price for 50 grams of this or is it a little expensive? Shipping is about 4 USD.

Hey
Ad dosage: What you wrote seems reasonable. Without tolerance 8g can hit relatively hard and 10g can be 'too much', but this also depends on how well your body can absorb the active compounds. In my experience, this can make a huge difference regarding the effect.

There is a thread on dosage and how/why more isn't always better with kratom here. You can also filter subforums by prefix (by clicking on them); there are some kratom mega-threads that may help you out, also in regard what potentially awaits you in terms of withdrawal etc. Some of these threads are listed with the Opioid prefix though.

Ad strain: I think nobody can really tell you what you like or respond to most. If you have a decent vendor, you could try some samples and figure it out that way. Some varieties are more sedating and physical, others more light and uplifting. I like the green ones (Maeng Da) and some whites, but it depends from which batch and country it comes too, since it's a natural product. At the end of the day, it's all kratom..

Ad use pattern: If you tie your kratom taking to real life events (work, socializing as you wrote), I think the chances that you set yourself up for trouble are really high! You will soon "need" kratom for these things. Also, when you take it 24/7 the body gets used to it pretty quickly. I found that a 'recreational' use pattern is much more manageable and effective in all regards basically. The psychological effect, the knowledge that I can take kratom e.g. in the evening, really works well for me during the day, but everybody is different I guess.

Ad ROA: Having tried all kinds of ways, I found it doesn't really matter that much. It's like with every other orally administered substance. If the body is ready to absorb (empty stomach, well hydrated, etc.), it will just do that and the effects will be more pronounced.

Have a good one.. 🍃

Some bags of kratom have been pure opiate :ROFLMAO: Can only think of two bags ever that were some euphoric illegal-like high. Otherwise it's mostly a pleasant buzz and pushing it beyond that usually just sends users into a dizzy spell with terrible nausea. It's a soft narcotic and it will always be just that. Most days kratom is all I need and I probably am much healthier just taking only kratom. But in the grand scheme of things on some days I need some hedonistic BS to just blast reality away.. Either way it's a very good substance in my opinion. The withdrawal is horrible beyond words for anyone who uses it for longer than a year problably--but a slow taper for as long as possible is probably the most viable way to get off it if you need to. I think looking back on it.. year 1 of my kratom use was really the best. Even now with tolerance breaks and barely needing much for effects a euphoric content to the high is just permanently lost. It's whatever though. Anything opiate like will always be better the first year or so. Even after people ravage their entire lives over the opiate high they will still somehow tell everyone the same thing. It was better in the beginning. Still, I like kratom and see no need to quit especially with the world more horrible than ever for the sober folks. It overall has friendly vibes unlike oxycodone or heroin which seem to want to become everyone's entire existence lol.

My doses are like 4-8 grams in a sitting maybe max 3 times a day? I used to have insane opioid tolerance so I'm shocked that it's that low now. The summer I ate kratom all day everyday from some depression type episode I really noticed how much it starts to suck. A lower tolerance is key. Past 15 grams daily I think most users become very depressed and cannot figure out why. It does effect the brain's endorphins just a bit.. something to look into.

Last edited:
ive been doing kratom for years but this past cople years ive been takeing it almost every day, but only once a day, i dose anyware from maby 5 - 8 grams, if i take a zanafex with it i get a nod, not super narcotic talk to god nod, but a relaxing lil nod, some antihistamines go good with it, and gabapentin goes very well as well

ive been doing kratom for years but this past cople years ive been takeing it almost every day, but only once a day, i dose anyware from maby 5 - 8 grams, if i take a zanafex with it i get a nod, not super narcotic talk to god nod, but a relaxing lil nod, some antihistamines go good with it, and gabapentin goes very well as well

That's not too bad to withdraw from. I do want to warn users that the withdrawal in terms of mental intensity is--in my opinion--is somehow as powerfully bad as some of the more dangerous and stronger illegal narcotics. It's pull does not make any sense to me for the minimal buzz it delivers. But tapering off will be painlessly if someone can do it with discipline. I just don't want people to start taking it and think it comes without some price. I'm still wondering why the withdrawal is so bad for the high it delivers :cool:

That's not too bad to withdraw from. I do want to warn users that the withdrawal in terms of mental intensity is--in my opinion--is somehow as powerfully bad as some of the more dangerous and stronger illegal narcotics. It's pull does not make any sense to me for the minimal buzz it delivers. But tapering off will be painlessly if someone can do it with discipline. I just don't want people to start taking it and think it comes without some price. I'm still wondering why the withdrawal is so bad for the high it delivers :cool:

true kratom withdrawl does suck, everything comes with a price

Hello everyone, hope you’re all good in these strange times.

Ive just started taking a bit of kratom again recently having experimented a bit in past with varying results. Varying from nausea to nothing to really decent semi euphoric highs. I’ve fairly recently come off a nearly four year stint on bupe and I’m just looking to take the edge off at work and social gatherings (if there were any just now).

just wondered if anyone with real experience in this area could give me a few pointers. I’m currently using a red strain. 6 grams pop and flush seems to be a nice little buzz, but 10g made me feel pretty sick.

Any advice greatly appreciated there are many wise people on here.

I will say I never felt shit from kratom. The 1st time I took it was around 40 days off methadone. Nothing Maybe nausea and speedy feelings. Past that have tried it countless times with opiates, off opiates, clean, etc. Nothing sedative. .25mg of xanax even would be 1000x better.

I think once you felt real opiates, then end up on maintenance, kratom won't do anything. Kinda shitty we blitzed our brain and can't feel this stuff. Let me know if you ever find anything regarding this. Willing to try it again, but would be like buying CBD buds. Just feel stupid after for wasting money and doing drugs and feeling nothing. Also this stuff is super nauseating. Wish you could smoke it or something. Or rail it lol.

I will say I never felt shit from kratom. The 1st time I took it was around 40 days off methadone. Nothing Maybe nausea and speedy feelings. Past that have tried it countless times with opiates, off opiates, clean, etc. Nothing sedative. .25mg of xanax even would be 1000x better.

I think once you felt real opiates, then end up on maintenance, kratom won't do anything. Kinda shitty we blitzed our brain and can't feel this stuff. Let me know if you ever find anything regarding this. Willing to try it again, but would be like buying CBD buds. Just feel stupid after for wasting money and doing drugs and feeling nothing. Also this stuff is super nauseating. Wish you could smoke it or something. Or rail it lol.

I actually did smoke it once out of a bong LOL don't ask. It actually works but the effects are diminished and who knows what we're really smoking :D Not worth it at all. I'm surprised that you don't feel it when clean off other opiates but it is a hard material to digest. Opiates in general are hard on the digestive system, but kratom specifically is a unique material that does not jive with many people's stomachs. Kratom works for me as an anti-depressant but I wonder if the cost and random frustrations out of the drug being too soft (for some bleaker days here and there) are worth it whatsoever.

I think once you felt real opiates, then end up on maintenance, kratom won't do anything
This may be true for some people but not all. I think it depends on what you’re looking to get out of it. Hoping for a nod? It’s doubtful Kratom would fit the bill. On a personal level, I find it beneficial for its anti-depressant effects and ability to increase motivation (similar to opiates). The largest downside is that it’s a crapshoot from start to finish. Finally find the right vendor, strain and dose to produce desired effects and the next batch ordered is wildly different.

This may be true for some people but not all. I think it depends on what you’re looking to get out of it. Hoping for a nod? It’s doubtful Kratom would fit the bill. On a personal level, I find it beneficial for its anti-depressant effects and ability to increase motivation (similar to opiates). The largest downside is that it’s a crapshoot from start to finish. Finally find the right vendor, strain and dose to produce desired effects and the next batch ordered is wildly different.

Hi mate. What do you think of the White Maeng Da? Have you tried it?

Hi mate. What do you think of the White Maeng Da? Have you tried it?
Havent tried white but have tried red and hated it. I tend to take low doses (under 1g) and this particular red maeng da caused nausea, shakes, and anxiety. It put me off maeng da entirely. Hulu Kapuas (green, though red is good too) remains my standby. Check it out if you have the opportunity.

Havent tried white but have tried red and hated it. I tend to take low doses (under 1g) and this particular red maeng da caused nausea, shakes, and anxiety. It put me off maeng da entirely. Hulu Kapuas (green, though red is good too) remains my standby. Check it out if you have the opportunity.

OK man thank you very much, I'll check it out. Apparently White Maeng Da is not a favorite of many, as hardly anyone takes it here. :ROFLMAO:

Kratom withdrawl is fair beyond harder than anything I've ever come off mentally and physically. I've been clean from it 33 days and still experiencing withdrawls on both end. I take gabapentin to help but only at low doses . I've came off a lot of stuff which wasn't easy but nothing like this . It seems like a endless eternity of hell imo . If your new to taking this I suggest you do your research you may want to think twice . I'm all for kratom to save life's, ease pain, make you happy etc. But in the end it got the best of me out of the many drugs I've done. I haven't had a steady addiction where I wasn't able to quit and been ok within two weeks . This is on a whole nother level. I'm not being a pussy about it but this withdrawal is TERRIBLE.

Kratom withdrawl is fair beyond harder than anything I've ever come off mentally and physically. I've been clean from it 33 days and still experiencing withdrawls on both end. I take gabapentin to help but only at low doses . I've came off a lot of stuff which wasn't easy but nothing like this . It seems like a endless eternity of hell imo . If your new to taking this I suggest you do your research you may want to think twice . I'm all for kratom to save life's, ease pain, make you happy etc. But in the end it got the best of me out of the many drugs I've done. I haven't had a steady addiction where I wasn't able to quit and been ok within two weeks . This is on a whole nother level. I'm not being a pussy about it but this withdrawal is TERRIBLE.
how much were u takeing daily

I was taking a few grams or more about 5 to 6 times a day. So I want to say no more than 20 grams a day at the most. I never used a scale but very good with eye measurements. Some days I would take less than 10 grams . Some more. Its just the most awful experience I ever had to overcome by fair. I know a guy who took no more than 4 grams a day ,two in the morning and two a night for 8years and he is dealing with the same battle on 40 days of hell. I guess it's different for everyone.

dam man,
ive felt mild kratom withdrawal befor, i take kratom once a day, i need a tolerance break, your smart for taking a break

I quit taking tramadol several weeks ago and the withdrawal is brutal. I'm thinking of taking Kratom but I'm afraid that I may relapse. Can this happen?

I quit taking tramadol several weeks ago and the withdrawal is brutal. I'm thinking of taking Kratom but I'm afraid that I may relapse. Can this happen?

I think your chances of being hooked on kratom are quite high, honestly. It's doubtful it would encourage you to relapse on tramadol/painkillers or something like that. Most people use kratom to escape those addictions. Kratom and tramadol have overlapping highs in a way and you might start to crave kratom.

However, in some cases kratom has turned the opiate switch on in certain people. They'll go from kratom > painkillers > heroin > methadone. It's rare, but it does happen. I still don't think kratom is a good target to blame for opiate addiction. It mostly helps people, not ruin them. Heroin is much more vindictive.