• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

trying to find the best strain of kratom for a nice stimulant and pain relief. i have been thinking about mixing white vein and red vein maeng da. if anyone has any inputs let me know. thank you

I love white borneo for those effects, but the place you get it from is more important than the actual strain.

As reminder though, we can't discuss sources on BL

Batch of red Thai I have now received is the strongest I've ever had.

I've tried kapuas
Super ammo
Mang da
White thai

Best type of Kratom for an oxycodone euphoria effect?

Please be gentle! I’m really new and haven’t talked to anyone about this before. I started using oxycodone, and when I ran out I started noticing this sort of obsession that was unusual for my personality (I was trying to find any way I could to get a prescription for them), and this freaked me out. So I was looking online for literally anything that would give me 1/1,000th of the euphoric-but-relaxed effect but not going to make me this sort of scarily obsessed thing. I was looking at red maeng da? But I don’t know. What do you think?

You should find the info you're looking for in this thread. Let us know if you don't find what you're looking for.

You can also use google, erowid, even reddit to learn more.

The only issue with kratom is that there is only limited info out there about specific strains of the stuff, and a lot of misinformation. In my limited experience Maeng Da is better than other varieties I've tried, but it can be really hit or miss with some brands.

^ red maeng da is considered to be a reliable type for those seeking a more "downer" effect. Just a warning: if you're using oxy as your basis of comparison, you will invariably find yourself wanting more. Put as much time between dosing oxy and kratom as you can; kratom works best when your receptors haven't been tickled with for a while.

^good reminder about waiting as long as possible before trying kratom.

Without a serious habit, I think I am able to fully enjoy kratom within a couple weeks of cessation of opioid use. But going directly from other opioid to kratom use will likely prove disappointing. Kratom is a lot weaker and less useful than most full agonist opioids like oxycodone. Not to say it is worthless, cause it's definitely not, but it is of very limited value if you're tolerant to opioids.

So I took a 10 month break from Kratom and now my tolerance went WAY down which is great, but the problem is that between today, yesterday and the day before I can't really seem to get a good energetic high off it anymore which is really pissing me off.

I mean I can feel it but it's just not really giving me the same kind of a stimulant feel I like, more of just a very dull light lazy buzz that's not all that satisfying.

I guess the problem is that I don't really know what my sweet spot is anymore because it had been all the way up at freaking 16 grams a dose, and now I know it's very low...but I can't tell what the right dose is as I've gone as low as 2 grams and as high as 8 and none of those doses feel right.

It seems like it is still possible to get the kind of feel I want as yesterday just for a mere 10 minutes as my first dose was starting to take effect I had the exact feeling I like but it only lasted for 10 minutes before it gave way to a less pleasant feeling and the euphoria died.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing after a long break from Kratom where you weren't quite getting the feeling you wanted anymore and if so, were you able to get that feeling back (and if so how)?

Could experimenting with different strains instead of just the Green Malay I've been using help?

Thanks

So I took a 10 month break from Kratom and now my tolerance went WAY down which is great, but the problem is that between today, yesterday and the day before I can't really seem to get a good energetic high off it anymore which is really pissing me off.

I mean I can feel it but it's just not really giving me the same kind of a stimulant feel I like, more of just a very dull light lazy buzz that's not all that satisfying.

I guess the problem is that I don't really know what my sweet spot is anymore because it had been all the way up at freaking 16 grams a dose, and now I know it's very low...but I can't tell what the right dose is as I've gone as low as 2 grams and as high as 8 and none of those doses feel right.

It seems like it is still possible to get the kind of feel I want as yesterday just for a mere 10 minutes as my first dose was starting to take effect I had the exact feeling I like but it only lasted for 10 minutes before it gave way to a less pleasant feeling and the euphoria died.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing after a long break from Kratom where you weren't quite getting the feeling you wanted anymore and if so, were you able to get that feeling back (and if so how)?

Could experimenting with different strains instead of just the Green Malay I've been using help?

Thanks
Is it possible that the bag you have just isn't that "fire"?

Is it possible that the bag you have just isn't that "fire"?

Well it's the same stuff I've used before and it always worked well so that shouldn't be why.

I just ordered some other strains so maybe those will be better.

I've also been really worked up all day, like got super pissed off at some guy online who thinks Kratom should be illegal LOL, and got WAY more annoyed and obsessed over that than I would normally...so I'm not sure if irritability is a side effect. Anyone here ever get irritable from Kratom?

I don't know, but I really hope it starts working again like it used to.

Maybe it will just take a while to figure out my sweet spot again?

What would you guys suggest to get it working well for me again?

I never found green strains very stimulating. White strains are where I found that, and reds were a happy medium between the two.

How much are you taking? I have to take 4-5 grams every 4 hours just to stave off any WD effects. Yes, it even wakes me up at night, after 6 hours of sleep I wake up with pins and needles, chills and sweats. The last time I tried to quit, it felt just like my Percocet WD. If there is anything OTC you find that helps, or if anyone knows what to do, please post!
Hope you succeed!

How much are you taking? I have to take 4-5 grams every 4 hours just to stave off any WD effects. Yes, it even wakes me up at night, after 6 hours of sleep I wake up with pins and needles, chills and sweats. The last time I tried to quit, it felt just like my Percocet WD. If there is anything OTC you find that helps, or if anyone knows what to do, please post!
Hope you succeed!

That's a pretty heavy habit, so you're definitely going to have rough WD. I would slowly taper down before trying to quit CT

Thanks, Slow, that's what I'm definitely going to do. I read in a different thread that Loperamide can help with opiate WD, any truth to this that you know of or am I just grasping at straws?

Thanks, Slow, that's what I'm definitely going to do. I read in a different thread that Loperamide can help with opiate WD, any truth to this that you know of or am I just grasping at straws?

It can help with the physical symptoms. I personally think kava root is really good for helping with a kratom taper. Kava can be pretty expensive though.

Thanks

General rule of thumb is the 3 gram mark produces stimulation. The more you take the more likely it will become relaxing instead. I've found myself tweaked off of red vein leafs at the 3 gram mark even if that same bag would make me relaxed when taking 5 grams. If you're looking for energy try a white leaf version, take 3 grams (on an empty stomach) then wait an hour before taking another gram. Repeat until you find the desired effect.

Loperamide (in liquid form) helped me A LOT with withdrawal from opiates. I just took the regular amount then took an additional 50% (so 30ml if first dose was 60ml) every hour until I felt better. It made the stomach issues go away and made the body aches more manageable. The body aches were reduced enough to where I could take some Tylenol (two 500mg tablets) and ibuprofen (two or three 200mg tablets) to fully remove the pains. Combining that with a hot shower then 3mg of melatonin helped me get a restful sleep at night.

As an emergency if withdrawals were really bad I would take .25 to .5mg of Klonopin (aka clonazepam). One dose could get me though 1 full night and the following day (DON'T COMBINE IT WITH THE MELATONIN). Xanax, Valium and Flexeril work well too. However the latter 2 have a longer half life (several days) while Xanax is a few hours and Klonopin is about 35 hours. ONLY DO THIS AT NIGHT OR IF STAYING HOME ALL DAY. This helps because it curbs the high blood pressure that happens during withdrawal which is responsible for the majority of the anxiety, insomnia and muscle aches.

After several days Kratom helped with post withdrawal symptoms. I took 3-5 grams of green or white leaf in the morning which would give me mental energy and 2-4 grams of red leaf at night to sleep. Honestly getting proper sleep (and eating) makes ALL the withdrawal symptoms more tolerable. Try drinking powerade/gatorade to stay hydrated and liquid meals like Ensure plus if you are having trouble with keeping food down or a reduced appetite.

If you need more tips search this site for the "Thomas Recipe". It's a combo of vitamins and techniques to get through withdrawal.

Thank you! Very sound advice that will be followed. I get PTO from work, so it's easy to take a long weekend. How many days did the worst part last for you?