• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

General rule of thumb is the 3 gram mark produces stimulation. The more you take the more likely it will become relaxing instead. I've found myself tweaked off of red vein leafs at the 3 gram mark even if that same bag would make me relaxed when taking 5 grams. If you're looking for energy try a white leaf version, take 3 grams (on an empty stomach) then wait an hour before taking another gram. Repeat until you find the desired effect.

White leaf strains never work well for me.

I don't really feel that 3 gram rule of thumb is true for me.

I mean I took a 10 month break but I hadn't been smart back then and was up to 16 gram doses about 4 days a week.

Now I'm not going to do that again and my tolerance has dropped dramatically but it's still quite difficult to figure out the right dose but I've had the most success in the past few days by dosing between 6-8 grams which is higher than what many people do but still no more than half of what I was once at so I feel ok with it as long as I never go above, say, 8.5 grams a dose.

The other day I went to 9.5 simply cause i had such little left in one bag I figured I'd finish it off and regretted it and started nodding off (some people like that but I don't) so I now know that anything above 8.5 is too much, but at 3 I think the high would still be too mild for me. When you have dosed as high as I did I think it's really difficult to ever get to the point where 3 gram doses produce a full effect, but I do still get a nice mild buzz off of that.

I'm not sure there's a standard dose for everyone that produces the same effects, but most certainly not in someone who was dosing as high as I had been.

Once you go that high, all bets are off LOL, and seems like now that I'm experimenting with it again my receptors are trying to figure out exactly what is going on and how to react to the doses at this point.

I'm telling myself firmly though that I can't do this for more than like 8 weeks, at maybe 2-3 days a week MAX.

For me getting too into it and using all the time led to some problems and I'm not going down that road again.

How much are you taking? I have to take 4-5 grams every 4 hours just to stave off any WD effects. Yes, it even wakes me up at night, after 6 hours of sleep I wake up with pins and needles, chills and sweats. The last time I tried to quit, it felt just like my Percocet WD. If there is anything OTC you find that helps, or if anyone knows what to do, please post!
Hope you succeed!

How many days a week and for how long did you dose to get to that point?

Even when I dosed 16 grams a dose (about 32 a day) 4--days a week my WD only lasted 6 days.

Now I'll never let myself exceed 3 days a week max (I fucked up and did more this past week, but next week is a new one lol).

Dosing even every other day is just too likely to lead to problems IMO.

I deal with kratom WD in a pretty uncharacteristic way. I like to take a bunch of comfort meds and CT for about 2 days (I can only get about 2 days off of work at any time). After that, I'll take really, really low doses every 5-6 hours. Like a gram or less.

After 2 days of CTing a habit, 0.7 g of kratom can feel fucking amazing. I don't get high, but it aleviates my WD enough for me to feel a lot better. I'll continue taking really tiny amounts (normally adds up to about 3g per day) until I feel more or less normal, then I CT completely.

With this method, my PAWS are much much less noticeable, and I only have to go through 2 days of bad WD, but those 2 days aren't bad at all because I'll take gabapentinoids and z-drugs or benzos for sleep. Then, getting to alleviate my WD with small doses makes me feel okay, and then after a week or so I can CT completely without much WD or PAWS.

I've never seen someone suggest a similar method for getting off kratom or other drugs, so I'm curious to know if anyone has tried something similar or what you guys think

I've also been really worked up all day, like got super pissed off at some guy online who thinks Kratom should be illegal LOL, and got WAY more annoyed and obsessed over that than I would normally...so I'm not sure if irritability is a side effect. Anyone here ever get irritable from Kratom?
i too have noticed that weak drugs like kratom and pot just can't get me out of a really pissy mood. I need to get balanced then I can enjoy the junior drugs :)

Opioids and kratom to a lesser extent are known to make some(myself included) quite “bitchy” as my GF puts it. Makes me feel like I should be running around hugging people while in reality it makes it much easier to fly off the handle and start a fight over stupid stuff.

Edit: we are in pretty much the same boat Mycophile. After 5 years on I stopped for a year and started back up at the beginning of the month and plan to use it until I get the last of my wisdom teeth pulled mid February. Good luck to you my friend!

i too have noticed that weak drugs like kratom and pot just can't get me out of a really pissy mood. I need to get balanced then I can enjoy the junior drugs :)

Oh when Kratom works properly it totally gets me out of a bad mood and so does weed.

I pretty much only do "junior drugs", depending on what you consider them, like weed, Kratom, Phenibut, Fluro-Phenibut, booze, dexadrine...IF I can get them which I NEVER can...then shrooms or acid...and nitrous or an ocassional perc or vic if I can find them.

But when the Kratom won't work right it's so much worse because you feel that high SORT OF starting to come on and then it doesn't, and if you can't get it to then that's REALLY fucking annoying and like a tease.

But now it's been working for me that past few days and when it works for me I'm really happy.

On the other hand, I can get very angry on Phenibut, but not on Fluro-Phenibut.

Opioids and kratom to a lesser extent are known to make some(myself included) quite “bitchy” as my GF puts it. Makes me feel like I should be running around hugging people while in reality it makes it much easier to fly off the handle and start a fight over stupid stuff.

Edit: we are in pretty much the same boat Mycophile. After 5 years on I stopped for a year and started back up at the beginning of the month and plan to use it until I get the last of my wisdom teeth pulled mid February. Good luck to you my friend!

Thanks you too.

Now it is working better for me but I won't be using it long before another break.

I just don't use many drugs year round anymore.

I kind of take "drug vacations" and then I try to mostly sober up for a lot of the year, except for drinking too much lol.

The first few years it was sporadic use, then about 1.5 years ago I had my C5-C7 bones fused in my neck and I used Kratom to stop using the pain meds. While it worked brilliantly, I just didn't get far enough in the research to know how much and when to dose, and it made life just generally better, so I didn't think about quitting Kratom.
Only within the last 6 months I can say that the dosing has to be like I mentioned.
Don't get me wrong, I love Kratom and I think it has such huge potential for addicts and treatment for addiction it should not be made illegal. The problem I'm having could have easily been avoided had I done what any halfway intelligent person should do and done more research.
It should also be noted that I work for a hospital and the last required physical I took 3 months ago showed normal liver and kidney function. It's not destroying them like someone mentioned in a previous post, then again, my diet is good, free from fast food, alcohol and high in fiber and L-THEANINE.

Thank you! Very sound advice that will be followed. I get PTO from work, so it's easy to take a long weekend. How many days did the worst part last for you?

"Worst Part" is pretty subjective. For me the part of withdrawal the gets me the most is the muscle cramping, especially at night. I can handle the rest pretty well. I found that the cramping was always worse at day 2-3 then became tolerable enough to fully relieve with OTC pain medication. By day 5 the cramps were gone. For some reason I RARELY would get stomach issues and if I did it was only on day 1 and then was fine.

I've gone through withdrawal from opiates AND suboxone a few times. I found taking .25-.5mg of Klonopin on days 1-3 almost completely removed any insomina, anxiety and muscle cramping. Mainly due to the reduction in blood pressure. I suspect this is also why hot showers and baths are so effective. High blood pressure seems to be the biggest factor in withdrawal symptoms in the beginning. I confirmed this by testing my heart rate with my smart watch at night (during withdrawal) and was shocked to see I was at a steady 100bpm when resting. While my normal resting bpm is around 60.

By days 3-5 my biggest issue was some insomnia and lethargy. That's why I would also plan to have days 1-3 of a withdraw over the weekend (preferably a holiday weekend if possible) or I would take off on a Friday or Monday to give myself a 3 day weekend.

One trick I found useful is to tell people I got the flu. Withdrawal symptoms are almost identical in time frame and symptoms to the flu. Additionally NO ONE wants you to go to work or be around them if there is a chance you have the flu. It's a great way to get help for the symptoms from those around you without having to hide the fact that your sick, while also still keeping the REAL reason private. Also doctors can't actually test for the flu, just the symptoms. If you tell them you had a fever but it broke yet you still have the other symptoms they will prescribe you stronger versions of OTC medication (nothing narcotic) such as Motrin (super strong ibuprofen) and sleep aids.

White leaf strains never work well for me.

I don't really feel that 3 gram rule of thumb is true for me.

I mean I took a 10 month break but I hadn't been smart back then and was up to 16 gram doses about 4 days a week.

Now I'm not going to do that again and my tolerance has dropped dramatically but it's still quite difficult to figure out the right dose but I've had the most success in the past few days by dosing between 6-8 grams which is higher than what many people do but still no more than half of what I was once at so I feel ok with it as long as I never go above, say, 8.5 grams a dose.

The other day I went to 9.5 simply cause i had such little left in one bag I figured I'd finish it off and regretted it and started nodding off (some people like that but I don't) so I now know that anything above 8.5 is too much, but at 3 I think the high would still be too mild for me. When you have dosed as high as I did I think it's really difficult to ever get to the point where 3 gram doses produce a full effect, but I do still get a nice mild buzz off of that.

I'm not sure there's a standard dose for everyone that produces the same effects, but most certainly not in someone who was dosing as high as I had been.

Once you go that high, all bets are off LOL, and seems like now that I'm experimenting with it again my receptors are trying to figure out exactly what is going on and how to react to the doses at this point.

I'm telling myself firmly though that I can't do this for more than like 8 weeks, at maybe 2-3 days a week MAX.

For me getting too into it and using all the time led to some problems and I'm not going down that road again.

When it comes to dosing it's all subjective. Body weight, tolerance, potency, density, etc. Usually those rules are good for first timers but of course once you've played around with it yourself you find what works best. Even with the kratom I have I found one type gets my flying on 3 grams while another takes 5. And sometimes it works right away or can take hours and suddenly hits me all at once.

As far as the mood it puts me in really depends on my environment. When I'm at work and it's a relaxing day I feel great but if it's a stressful day I get even more stressed. It just seems to amplify my mood. Only really hard drugs like MDMA have the ability to change my mood regardless of my enviornment. But I don't think it would be in my best interest to take MDMA at work and start hugging my boss lol.

When it comes to dosing it's all subjective. Body weight, tolerance, potency, density, etc. Usually those rules are good for first timers but of course once you've played around with it yourself you find what works best. Even with the kratom I have I found one type gets my flying on 3 grams while another takes 5. And sometimes it works right away or can take hours and suddenly hits me all at once.

As far as the mood it puts me in really depends on my environment. When I'm at work and it's a relaxing day I feel great but if it's a stressful day I get even more stressed. It just seems to amplify my mood. Only really hard drugs like MDMA have the ability to change my mood regardless of my enviornment. But I don't think it would be in my best interest to take MDMA at work and start hugging my boss lol.

Yeah how Kratom effects a person is IMO very dependent on many facts like dose, strain, vendor, what you have or don't have in your stomach, how much you space out your doses, if you are on anything else, how much you slept, what you do while on it or if you exercise (I find exercise really intensifies the high) and so many other factors.

So it has a learning curve for everyone I agree more than many other drugs do which is one of the things that is so interesting about it and everyone finds out what works for them, but once I get everything lined up it puts me in a better mood than probably any other substance.

My favorite thing to mix it with is Fluro-Phenibut, or if not that than Phenibut, and it goes really well with weed also IMO.

If I take some Kratom, Phenibut/Fluro-Phenibut and a little coffee and work out hard while on it I'll by FLYING.

Some people take it on an empty stomach but I don't like to do that at all and find I get many more negative side effects if I do that so I like to eat very light before taking it and if it's not strong enough then take a little more.

for some reason I get severe pain in my back and around my ribs after I've used kratom. It happened the first time after maybe 3 weeks of daily use so I stopped once it became clear it was the kratom that caused it... Yesterday I took just 3g of kratom for the first time in 6 months, and as the kratom wore off that same pain appeared again. it hurts really really bad. does this or anything similar happen to anyone else? I would really like to continue using kratom but if this is gonna keep happening I don't think I can...

I have never had that happen with kratom, but please stop using it immediately if it's causing pain.

It's known to cause gastrointestinal discomfort for some people, but I wouldn't use it at all just in case it's a more serious side effect

for some reason I get severe pain in my back and around my ribs after I've used kratom. It happened the first time after maybe 3 weeks of daily use so I stopped once it became clear it was the kratom that caused it... Yesterday I took just 3g of kratom for the first time in 6 months, and as the kratom wore off that same pain appeared again. it hurts really really bad. does this or anything similar happen to anyone else? I would really like to continue using kratom but if this is gonna keep happening I don't think I can...

Could be a couple of things I think. Some (few) people seem to have liver related problems with Kratom. It could be difficult to determine if the pain is actually coming from the liver as sometimes that kind of pain is hard to pinpoint/it can radiate out to other areas.

It's possible it's digestive related. Swallowing large portions of dried Kratom powder has a tendency to absorb large amounts of water out of the bowels. This can result in cramps, headaches and other symptoms of dehydration. Regular use of Kratom requires that the user drink larger amounts of water regularly to compensate. Even those who make tea as opposed to toss and wash still find they need additional water throughout the day.

If you suspect the pain is liver related then you should cease use and possibly even go to the doctor for tests to make sure your ok.

Could be a couple of things I think. Some (few) people seem to have liver related problems with Kratom. It could be difficult to determine if the pain is actually coming from the liver as sometimes that kind of pain is hard to pinpoint/it can radiate out to other areas. It's possible it's digestive related. Swallowing large portions of dried Kratom powder has a tendency to absorb large amounts of water out of the bowels. This can result in cramps, headaches and other symptoms of dehydration. Regular use of Kratom requires that the user drink larger amounts of water regularly to compensate. Even those who make tea as opposed to toss and wash still find they need additional water throughout the day. If you suspect the pain is liver related then you should cease use and possibly even go to the doctor for tests to make sure your ok.
It really doesn't feel like it's related to any organs, the pain feels more superficial, like it's in my muscles around my spine and goes from there out around my ribs... it starts happening maybe 6h after I've ingested any amount of kratom. But I will keep this in mind anyway, thanks so much for the help. It's a shame cause I like kratom a lot, and it's strange too in that it took a while for it to start hurting, but now it does it every time

I'd definitely stop using it immediately, believe I'd have done so as soon as I began to believe it was very possible the kratom was causing it. That said, it can be difficult to discern exactly what's the root of pain sometimes, just because you don't think it seems to be emanating from your liver doesn't mean much, and I'd see doc, personally, to be on the safe side and hopefully nip the issue, especially if it's not the kratom.

I'd probably suggest stopping as well but you never know if the pain could be something benign or serious unless you see a doc.

I'm not sure if it was after Kratom or not, but I think I remember I had taken something of somekind and it might have been Kratom, and temporarily got some pain that sounds VAGUELY like what you describe but not nearly as bad, and found out it was gastrointestinal from a doctor.

But really none of us can know for sure and no one other than a doctor or at least nurse practitioner probably could.

The last few days I've tapered down to 3g per dose, it seems like the less I take, the less intense the WD symptoms.
I've been taking L-THEANINE, it's a GODSEND! Takes away all the anxiety coupled with WD. Look into it, could help some of you!

It really doesn't feel like it's related to any organs, the pain feels more superficial, like it's in my muscles around my spine and goes from there out around my ribs... it starts happening maybe 6h after I've ingested any amount of kratom. But I will keep this in mind anyway, thanks so much for the help. It's a shame cause I like kratom a lot, and it's strange too in that it took a while for it to start hurting, but now it does it every time
Try different strains from different vendors.
It could be impurities like pesticides or heavy metals like lead or cadmium thats causing it.

I dont think its the kratom itself

The last few days I've tapered down to 3g per dose, it seems like the less I take, the less intense the WD symptoms.
I've been taking L-THEANINE, it's a GODSEND! Takes away all the anxiety coupled with WD. Look into it, could help some of you!

What dosage of theanine?