• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I've been trying kratom for a while now and don't seem to be getting the effects of it. Perhaps I haven't got the hang of dosing - I use plain leaf powder in gelatin capsules and I take small amounts of kratom extract with it as a booster

Is it easy to take too much and ruin the effects? I see lots of people say less is more with kratom
Just skip a day or 2.

@twelvefingers So you can take 15g of kratom (or how much was a single dose of yours?) without getting uncomfortable nervousness? This is my primary concern with kratom as I've read that overdose comes with anxiety, heavy tachycardia etc. but reports are conflicting here.

I don't really feel much from 5g of gold vein, which is the max recommended dose according to the headshop but I don't feel much. It has a verry subtle warmth but it might as well be placebo. So just take another 2.5g or even 5g?

Weird that a partial agonist (apparently it is one, didn't know but somebody mentioned this yesterday) does increase opioid tolerance so much, it should rather be less problematic than the full agonists like oxy, morphine etc.
Found kratom to be effective for physical withdrawal symptoms though and it seems to produce less of them by itself, at least much less diarrhea, but some runny nose and sweating. Would be great if it didn't cause so much depression and anxiety like morphine does.

Also interesting that kratom is an alpha2-adrenergic agonist which are autoreceptors, thus actually decrease the output of norepinephrine but still seems to be somewhat stimulating in nature.

Eating a small meal about 1-2h after ingesting kratom helps.
I usually dont redose unless i have eaten something between.

Ive had days where i redosed during the Day, and then after dinner it hits me way harder then expected

Have you ever taken a prescription opioid before? I'd compare it to taking a low-dose of something like hydrocodone, personally, like taking 10 or 15 mgs or so. But it's also different...I dunno, I've found that it has more of an energizing effect to it, and not so much a sedating effect.

It seems like it's a highly variable and subjective substance though, generally-speaking. Some people don't care for it at all, either because they've become accustomed to high-strength opioid drugs and that's all they're into now, or they're just a non-responder to it. I know that, for me personally, I'm not really into the extracts that much...even one can make me feel a bit queasy if I hadn't consumed kratom recently.

Personally I just take a rounded tablespoon of some high-quality kratom powder and wash it down with some iced tea. I'd just try some different strains and products and, if you aren't getting any effects, well, you gave it a try right? High doses of kratom are pointless IMO, after a certain amount all you get is sick from consuming more

Have you ever taken a prescription opioid before? I'd compare it to taking a low-dose of something like hydrocodone, personally, like taking 10 or 15 mgs or so. But it's also different...I dunno, I've found that it has more of an energizing effect to it, and not so much a sedating effect.

It seems like it's a highly variable and subjective substance though, generally-speaking. Some people don't care for it at all, either because they've become accustomed to high-strength opioid drugs and that's all they're into now, or they're just a non-responder to it. I know that, for me personally, I'm not really into the extracts that much...even one can make me feel a bit queasy if I hadn't consumed kratom recently.

Personally I just take a rounded tablespoon of some high-quality kratom powder and wash it down with some iced tea. I'd just try some different strains and products and, if you aren't getting any effects, well, you gave it a try right? High doses of kratom are pointless IMO, after a certain amount all you get is sick from consuming more

no I haven't taken opioids so I don't really have anything I can compare kratom to. I just fill some capsules with kratom and swallow them over a period of a few hours - I also add in some extract to 'boost' the plain leaf powder.

I haven't really noticed any effects except - as you say - nausea if I consume too much. Haven't noticed much difference between different strains either - White is supposed to be more 'energizing' with Green and Red more sedating...., but I guess Kratom is quite a subtle herb which can affect different people differently

I'd compare it to taking a low-dose of something like hydrocodone, personally, like taking 10 or 15 mgs or so.
In the beginning 1/2g would give me the relief from pain just a effectively as a 5mg hydro w/no apap. Last just as long and maybe longer. The effects also cover more than the pain... hits many receptors that I am confident that we know vert little about.
Can I ask how much (Gs) it takes ya to feel this 10-15mg hydro buz?
How long ya been "on" ktaom?

In the beginning 1/2g would give me the relief from pain just a effectively as a 5mg hydro w/no apap. Last just as long and maybe longer. The effects also cover more than the pain... hits many receptors that I am confident that we know vert little about.
Can I ask how much (Gs) it takes ya to feel this 10-15mg hydro buz?
How long ya been "on" ktaom?

Well I first learned about kratom probably about 7 years ago. The first time I learned about it was on this website, actually. But I haven't been taking it for that entire time...however, I have taken it for extended periods of time, months and months on end. I've never taken really high doses of kratom, though, just probably around 8 grams per day taken as a single serving.

Came in the convo late sorry I have lost the question.
So~8Gs gives the effects of 10-15 mg hydro in one dose (i can see that but would be sick as fuck if I were to take that dosage at once) and how long does this dose last at relieving pain/discomfort? Is it used for pain? To get high? To stave off withdrawals, To maintain sanity and/or a bank-book balance?
If I missed it: What is the purpose(s) of your particular consumption of this kratom?

I enjoy it just for a bit of everyday recreation. Never really got any kind of w/d symptoms from the dose I take, even with consistent usage. So for me it’s just a mild psychoactive drug to enjoy on a regular basis, without the risk of other substances of its class. It’s energizing and pain-relieving properties are a nice bonus as well, as I work in a physically active occupation which takes a toll on the body and kratom helps with its therapeutic effects

Came in the convo late sorry I have lost the question.
So~8Gs gives the effects of 10-15 mg hydro in one dose (i can see that but would be sick as fuck if I were to take that dosage at once) and how long does this dose last at relieving pain/discomfort? Is it used for pain? To get high? To stave off withdrawals, To maintain sanity and/or a bank-book balance?
If I missed it: What is the purpose(s) of your particular consumption of this kratom?
I'm not the person you asked, but here's my thoughts.
I take between 4.5 and 6 mg of red bali kratom once per day. (I buy 48 capsules at a time and usually don't take it every day, just those days where I have some capsules left). It does give a similar effect of lower dose hydrocodone, like 10mg-ish yeah. (Been years since I've taken hydro so I can't say for certain on dosage equivalency)
I haven't timed it, but it seems to last me a good 2-3 hours before it wears off. It comes with some euphoria, uplifted mood, and some painkiller effects. For me, I started taking it to fight off heroin cravings. When I take kratom and for the next day after, I find that I have little to no heroin cravings. But 48+ hours and it's back to the usual.
I imagine kratom can be taken for various reasons. Mine are recreational and to fight cravings/urges for heavy shit.

I wrap it in a little piece of toilet paper and just swallow it. I tried the toss and wash and almost threw up. Been using opiates/H for years now, the only thing kratom seems to do for me at any dose is make me feel OK. I don't feel any mind altering effects but I also don't feel dope sick. I just feel...content. Which is A OK in my book. I really just don't like the amount you have to take. Its A LOT of powder.

I wrap it in a little piece of toilet paper and just swallow it. I tried the toss and wash and almost threw up. Been using opiates/H for years now, the only thing kratom seems to do for me at any dose is make me feel OK. I don't feel any mind altering effects but I also don't feel dope sick. I just feel...content. Which is A OK in my book. I really just don't like the amount you have to take. Its A LOT of powder.

On another note, any recommendations as to which kind of Kratom to use? I really only use it when I am dope less. It keeps me neutral lol.

I am trying to get off heroin and the physicals are too much.
How much kratom with I use? I can get some 15x extract from smartshops??? I live in rotterdam.
Please help with dosage or like brand root vien color, whatever

I am trying to get off heroin and the physicals are too much.
How much kratom with I use? I can get some 15x extract from smartshops??? I live in rotterdam.
Please help with dosage or like brand root vien color, whatever
what matters more than anything is finding high quality kratom products, you may want to test out several brands. I'd offer some but I'm in the US and they probably aren't over there.

any of the colors, strains, basically everything is going to aid in withdrawal by similar amounts, the only real difference is the amount of stimulation it provides along with the basic opioid effect... although red strains are generally about 10-20% less potent than green/white strains, this doesn't make them inferior

White is the most stimulating, will keep you awake at night, provides a stimmy dopamine buzz which Red does not, but also has more side effects in high or repeated doses. Green is a mix of white and red, probably the most popular color. Red is the most relaxing, best before bedtime, closest to a real opioid in comparison. Generally I advise people get a mix of a few strains rather than a bigger bag of one. Different vendors and different batches can vary wildly in quality, especially with the state of the international market these days.

If you are going through major withdrawals from good heroin, you're definitely going to want to acquire some extracts if you can afford them. Mostly because extracts can provide a stronger effect with less side effects, and in this regard they are superior to powder.

any differece between ROI? i would prefer not to make tea and just parashute them?
i have super red maeng da kratom 25g power from a smartshop in nl. it s from Makka,
how should i does and how to take to fight heroin withdrawals?
i could potentially also get some 30x strenght kratom in 2 days

any differece between ROI? i would prefer not to make tea and just parashute them?
i have super red maeng da kratom 25g power from a smartshop in nl. it s from Makka,
how should i does and how to take to fight heroin withdrawals?
i could potentially also get some 30x strenght kratom in 2 days
ROI doesn't matter... i find water kratom suspended in water to taste disgusting, so I just toss n' wash, take pills or parachute

how much to cover heroin wds? idk man, legit withdrawals good quality heroin? You're going to need some extracts...

ROI doesn't matter... i find water kratom suspended in water to taste disgusting, so I just toss n' wash, take pills or parachute

how much to cover heroin wds? idk man, legit withdrawals good quality heroin? You're going to need some extracts...
I been smoking heroin for the last 8 months. Last 2 weeks I upped the dose quite significantly unfortunately. I have stopped smoking on Friday night, then I kinda binged a lot next night and now I have smoked 0.1g heroin.

This is still far less than I normally do. I still have like 5mg xanax, weed and like 0.2g Street level heroin left.

How should I dose the kratom and how would it effect the xanax?

I been smoking heroin for the last 8 months. Last 2 weeks I upped the dose quite significantly unfortunately. I have stopped smoking on Friday night, then I kinda binged a lot next night and now I have smoked 0.1g heroin.

This is still far less than I normally do. I still have like 5mg xanax, weed and like 0.2g Street level heroin left.

How should I dose the kratom and how would it effect the xanax?
When I was in a similar situation I had to take around 4-5g every 2h to cover the withdrawals, but I didn't have very good kratom at that moment. That started in the morning but by the afternoon I didn't feel terrible so I managed to space out my doses a bit more.

I think you should start with 5g and redose after 1h30-2h until you feel ok. You should start feeling much better after the 3rd day IME.