• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

~

Strain Dosage Effects

Bali Red Vein
One of the most popular types of Kratom, considered well-suited for beginners. It provides a well-rounded experience and is effective for alleviating stress and promoting relaxation and a better mood. Stimulating: 2/5
Mood Enhancing: 4/5
Pain Reliving: 5/5

Thai Red Vein
Similar to the Bali leaf, but slightly less sedating, more uplifting and known to last longer. This plant is not actually grown in Thailand anymore and now comes from Borneo. Stimulating: 2/5
Pain Reliving: 4/5

Thai Green Vein
Green Vein Kratom is known to be more stimulating than Red, but does not cause over-excitement, anxiety or jitters. A great balanced energy for focus and stamina. Stimulating: 4/5
Mood Enhancing: 3/5
Pain Reliving: 2/5

Malay Green Vein
This strain is said to be highly euphoric and can help you get motivated and be more productive. It is often used to treat depression and produces powerful feelings of well-being and optimism. Stimulating: 3/5
Mood Enhancing: 5/5

Borneo White Vein
Very stimulating in low doses, providing coffee-like energy, alertness and mental clarity. Users say White Vein improves their awareness, concentration and susceptibility to fatigue. Stimulating: 4/5

Maeng Da White Vein
The strongest strain of Kratom leaf sold today, Maeng Da is a genetic derivative of Thai Kratom. It provides intense cerebral energy while giving the user a sense of well-being and higher consciousness. Stimulating: 5/5
Mood Enhancing: 5/5

Sorry about the formatting but here is an idea of what's out there.

Last edited:
So i found a website online. Seems to be pretty legitimate. People off reddit have ordered through them and they have been happy with the results.
The website sells bottles of 50 capsules. Each capsule is 500mg strength of Bali Red Vein. How many mg is a good starting dose?
Jeckyl I noticed each of the strains you listed has a 4g or 5g after them. Is that referring to grams?

3-5 grams is a good starting dose, if you have an opioid tolerance then I'd go with the higher.

Ok cool.
Anything I need to know before taking Kratom my first time? I read about some of the side effects, ie, nausea, sweating etc.
But that seems more common when taking tea or extract.

I just placed an order for 50 "Premium Bali" capsules through a reputable website. It came out to <no prices>. Which I know is expensive, but this is my first time trying it. So what the heck.
Each capsule is 500mg. I plan on dosing 2g first, (so 4 capsules), and see how i feel.
From what I have read, Bali is the best strain of kratom that simulates an opiate buzz/high. Is that correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally find vendors to be more important than strains. Bali from one place can be completely different from Bali from another place. However, Bali tends to be more sedating and euphoric if you're getting good leaf

I just placed an order for 50 "Premium Bali" capsules through a reputable website. It came out to <no prices>. Which I know is expensive, but this is my first time trying it. So what the heck.
Each capsule is 500mg. I plan on dosing 2g first, (so 4 capsules), and see how i feel.
From what I have read, Bali is the best strain of kratom that simulates an opiate buzz/high. Is that correct?

Slow Mobius is correct. Vendor is important.

Considering your current tolerance is low, 2-3 grams is probably a good place to start.

Some people, like myself, don't get much out of Kratom the first few times. I didn't really get much from the 5 to 7 grams I tried the first few times. It just took me awhile to become aware of the effects I suppose. Nowadays I get a decent buzz off of 1.5g.

Buying capsules is convenient but it is a waste of money. If your trying to avoid tasting Kratom you can buy the ground product in bulk and easily make parachutes with toilet paper that are quick and simple to swallow (with a chaser like water or whatever). You won't have to taste the Kratom and you'll be saving money.

I just started using Bali/ Maeng Da at the tail end of an Oxy W/D and it fixed me right up after two days. I was able to go on a date and function normally again. I'm curious if I will still have rough PAWS after I taper off the K though.

Let us know how your new Bali pills work out Opielover..

Again. Im not too sure if the guidlines around here, so please go easy on me. But here it goes, i got these capsules from an online store i heard about through a kratomguide online. The blogger had listed his favorite online vendors along with their quality and customer service. So this vendor referred to themselves online as purkratomdotcom. The reviews on the website said the capsules are full of ground leaf. And the buyers who left reviews say its a very strong strain no matter which one they have bought in the past.
Soooo if i AM happy with the contents in the capsules i receive. I suppose i will end up buying ground bali in a bag and either capsule them myself, or parachute it.

I just started using Bali/ Maeng Da at the tail end of an Oxy W/D and it fixed me right up after two days. I was able to go on a date and function normally again. I'm curious if I will still have rough PAWS after I taper off the K though.

Let us know how your new Bali pills work out Opielover..

Well Jeckyl I got my bottle of capsules today. The label said the recommended dose was 5 capsules. Which equaled out to 2,500mg or 2.5g. Which i know isnt all that much. But for a first time...WOW. It was so very very similar to a hydrocodone buzz. In fact i took all 5 capsules about 3 hours ago on an empty stomach...and I am still feeling pretty fuzzy. No negative side affects what so ever. I am prescribed ativan for my social anxiety. And i actually prefer the kratom for that. It truley is an amazing herbal remedy for pain and anxiety. First time user here just turned into a life long user. Lol.
I think I may look into a capsule machine. Buy the bali powder through the same vendor, some 00 empty capsules and a little campsule machine and make my own.
I think tomorrow I am going to up the dose to 3 grams and see how i feel.
Anybody have a preference for capsule packing machines?

Ah that moment when you first fall in love with Kratom. Such a lovely thing.

Sorry, can't recommend a capsule machine as I used one many years ago but don't remember the brand or how well it worked.

I don't remember using it more than once, though, so maybe it sucked. Parachuting is a great alternative as you can store them in a small container but capsules are more legit and less suspicious looking to normal people than toilet paper squares.

If you do end up getting a good capsule machine I'd be interested to know. Wouldn't mind having one if it works well.

Well Jeckyl I got my bottle of capsules today. The label said the recommended dose was 5 capsules. Which equaled out to 2,500mg or 2.5g. Which i know isnt all that much. But for a first time...WOW. It was so very very similar to a hydrocodone buzz. In fact i took all 5 capsules about 3 hours ago on an empty stomach...and I am still feeling pretty fuzzy. No negative side affects what so ever. I am prescribed ativan for my social anxiety. And i actually prefer the kratom for that. It truley is an amazing herbal remedy for pain and anxiety. First time user here just turned into a life long user. Lol.
I think I may look into a capsule machine. Buy the bali powder through the same vendor, some 00 empty capsules and a little campsule machine and make my own.
I think tomorrow I am going to up the dose to 3 grams and see how i feel.
Anybody have a preference for capsule packing machines?

While I don't think it's nearly as insidious as benzos, keep in mind that Kratom is a addictive and the effectiveness will wane over time

Well Jeckyl I got my bottle of capsules today. The label said the recommended dose was 5 capsules. Which equaled out to 2,500mg or 2.5g. Which i know isnt all that much. But for a first time...WOW. It was so very very similar to a hydrocodone buzz.

Nice to hear Opielover! Two fold actually as I'm glad you are happy with Kratom in general and secondly that you (and us) now know of a great vendor. I've been dealing with the convenience and price markup of local vendors like headshops but that will soon change. Can't say I know of an encapsulator worth recommending but I will keep an eye out for the both of us. The OO size trays are under $20 so at least it's not a big investment. Make sure to report back on any other types/ strains of Kratom and I'll do the same. Thanks Opie..

Kratom....
Makes me think of the time i knew i was gonna be out of h and so ....
I remember nasty green , nasty taste, freaken tried to make a tea, i remember throwing it up and drinking more to try and hold off the terrible withdrawls....
Ahhhhh, kratom. Under different circumstances it may of been enjoyable.
Just a bad memory now...

^

I prefer Oolong or maybe Ceylon Orange Pekoe as far as tea is concerned but encapsulated Kratom doesn't need to be choked down. Stomach problems aren't too bad either but it's no methadone, at least when combating Heroin W/D's. Although 3-4 days in it might have really helped you out...

So what's the deal with Kratom? Even though DEA cracked down, people still have access to it? Kratom doesn't give me a high or euphoria anymore and I'm not addicted to opiates. So I guess I have no use for it anymore. It is certainly a miracle though. If you're going through opiate withdrawal, it's a God send! Helped me get off Tramadol years ago.

Oh, even for cramps during your period, it works miracles. Or even a headache. It has many uses. The war on medical marijuana is the same. Shown to help with menstrual cramps and everything. The government just wants money from it. Your own government wants to kill you by keeping you addicted to opiates instead of a harmless plant that helps. It's disgusting.

Actually the government can make a killing by regulating and taxing these drugs, but instead they're losing money by fighting them. There are a lot of theories about why our draconian drug policies are a thing, but I'm guessing it's some combination of pharma lobbyists, possibly racism, and just the same disinformation being ingrained into kids for generations.

And the DEA didn't follow through in their emergency scheduling because of the work the AKA did to combat them. However, it's still on their hit list, and legislation that would give the DEA more autonomy to schedule Kratom and designer drugs is currently in the works.