• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I don't usually TTT, but I think this needs to stay at the top.

We are probably fighting a losing battle as it is, but if there's ANY chance of making a difference there isn't much time left.

I don't usually TTT, but I think this needs to stay at the top.

We are probably fighting a losing battle as it is, but if there's ANY chance of making a difference there isn't much time left.

Today is the last day the letter is circulating (it was extended for two more days)! please call or message tour area rep asap!

For those of you who used Kratom to kick opiates (like myself), are you worried about going back once Kratom is banned? I haven't had to deal with cravings in a while and I'm wondering if it's going to come back full force now. I really hope not....

Think about it dude, how likely is it that all of a sudden an opiate addict is going to never take another single opiate for the rest of their lives. Not likely whatsoever. This is slow kill.

Oxygal, I am VERY worried! My partner just jumped on mmt Tuesday because of the ban. He didn't want to go through what little kratom I have stocked up for myself. I'm really not wanting to go back to the up and downs of addiction and for the first time in my ten year addiction I am seriously thinking about getting on mmt.
I've been reading your posts on the kratom threads. How are you holding up?

Oxygal, I am VERY worried! My partner just jumped on mmt Tuesday because of the ban. He didn't want to go through what little kratom I have stocked up for myself. I'm really not wanting to go back to the up and downs of addiction and for the first time in my ten year addiction I am seriously thinking about getting on mmt.
I've been reading your posts on the kratom threads. How are you holding up?

I'm a little freaked because I know how my story goes. I've felt so solid bc of Kratom over the past few months when in reality, to some degree, dosing Kratom isn't exactly being sober. I have a stock but I know it's obviously not going to last and it's turned into such a crutch for me. It makes me alert and I function like a "normal" person but I guess the reality is that I have to learn to be sober without ANYTHING.

It's just been nice to have my vice be a legal one. I guess time will tell if I can really hack it without anything in the near future. I'm just preparing myself for cravings and trying to convince myself I won't go back to the shit life I was living when I was popping roxi everyday.

I've been truly happy and that's what sucks. I'm going to ride it out before I decide to go to any type of maintenance plan. Hoping for the best!

Thanks for asking and I wish the best for you, too!

I see I'm not the only one in a pickle because of the ban. The DEA doesn't realize how many people this ban is going to put back on heroin, pills, etc...so shortsighted of our government.

I take about 5 grams 3 times a day and I'm going to run out in a few days...In the past I've been through REALLY bad oxy withdrawal with no comfort meds, I've tapered off a 3 year suboxone habit successfully, I started to get methadone withdrawals after about a month binge of 50 mgs a day (kicked those withdrawals in the butt with Kratom). But I've have yet to completely kick Kratom. From the days I've gone without though it seems to be quite a bit easier than oxy, I just haven't gone past a day or two though.

My question is I'm going on a short vacay next weekend with my wife (she doesn't know about any of this) and I REALLY don't want to be sick for it. Thinking of starting tomorrow with no Kratom and see how the week goes and if I feel better by the end of the week just sell the Kratom to someone in need OR if I don't feel that much better I'll have the Kratom for my vacay....fuck this ban! Good plan?

I see I'm not the only one in a pickle because of the ban. The DEA doesn't realize how many people this ban is going to put back on heroin, pills, etc...so shortsighted of our government.

I take about 5 grams 3 times a day and I'm going to run out in a few days...In the past I've been through REALLY bad oxy withdrawal with no comfort meds, I've tapered off a 3 year suboxone habit successfully, I started to get methadone withdrawals after about a month binge of 50 mgs a day (kicked those withdrawals in the butt with Kratom). But I've have yet to completely kick Kratom. From the days I've gone without though it seems to be quite a bit easier than oxy, I just haven't gone past a day or two though.

My question is I'm going on a short vacay next weekend with my wife (she doesn't know about any of this) and I REALLY don't want to be sick for it. Thinking of starting tomorrow with no Kratom and see how the week goes and if I feel better by the end of the week just sell the Kratom to someone in need OR if I don't feel that much better I'll have the Kratom for my vacay....fuck this ban! Good plan?
That's what I would do, go through the w/d now and save the kratom for your vacation so you can truly enjoy yourself. Because even if you are feeling better physically the depression and shit can stick around for a while.

Do any of you like adding sugar to your kratom tea? I'd just try it myself but I don't want to waste any kratom.

Never personally taken the time to make kratom tea. Always seemed way easier to just toss it in some grapefruit juice and wash it down.

It was better than without but my tea use is very limited since I have no problem stomaching the powder. However if I'm out of juice and just have water I'll add sugar to the k-mud to make it more tolerable.

It was better than without but my tea use is very limited since I have no problem stomaching the powder. However if I'm out of juice and just have water I'll add sugar to the k-mud to make it more tolerable.

That's cool to hear that sugar might actually improve the taste for some. I figured it wouldn't, because it never seemed to help with poppy tea (for me anyways). If anything, I remember when adding sugar to poppy tea, it just made it even more gross and it made it more likely that I would vomit, lol . I figured kratom tea would be similar, but perhaps not. Cool.

I'll just be sticking with my vendor. But I guess we are on the countdown. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool to hear that sugar might actually improve the taste for some. I figured it wouldn't, because it never seemed to help with poppy tea (for me anyways). If anything, I remember when adding sugar to poppy tea, it just made it even more gross and it made it more likely that I would vomit, lol . I figured kratom tea would be similar, but perhaps not. Cool.

The worst tasting juice I've used with PST was WGFJ, partly because of having to drink so much of it. At least with kratom I can down it like a really big shot glass and only taste it once. :)

Nice name, I remember the 2010-2012 RC rush, good times.
Kratom is not doing that much for me, I have only used 2.5gs of heroin in the past several months with the last 2 gs coming the 1st-12th of this month and my legs are still killing me and because of this I really want to use again. fuck hhaaha

Nice name, I remember the 2010-2012 RC rush, good times.
Kratom is not doing that much for me, I have only used 2.5gs of heroin in the past several months with the last 2 gs coming the 1st-12th of this month and my legs are still killing me and because of this I really want to use again. fuck hhaaha
Kratom is too weak for anyone that used strong opiates recently.

For some, yes. Kratom may not be able to get them high necessarily but it still may be able to keep them well or atleast lessen any withdrawals. Therefore kratom is not necessarily useless even to those currently taking strong opiates.

For some, yes. Kratom may not be able to get them high necessarily but it still may be able to keep them well or atleast lessen any withdrawals. Therefore kratom is not necessarily useless even to those currently taking strong opiates.

Agree, and it actually can still give you a buzz with an opiate tolerance IME, probably due to the other alkaloids though. I've noticed that I can't feel kratom extracts practically at all, I'm guessing the reason for that is that the opioid alkaloids are targeted for extraction, and they're dosed too low to catch a buzz from the other alkaloids. That's just a guess though. But I also get a lot more from the white vein (stimulating) strains, so it would make sense. It's definitely not an intense buzz, but it can be very euphoric for me still. And yeah, back when I was using opiates daily it was a godsend for withdrawal, didn't get me high but the relief alone made me feel high.