• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom- How to Avoid Dependence/WDs

You might benefit from using a smaller dose actually. I've always found low doses to be more stimulating and higher doses to be more opioid/drowsy.
Up until a few weeks ago I was taking around 4 grams at a time for that reason... because I'd read that the smaller doses are better for stimulation (which I am looking for).

The 4 gram doses worked well, but then I started 7-8 gram doses and I felt really invigorated. And confident. For me it's been like a performance enhancer. Other than itchiness I've yet to experience any opioid-like side effects.

(That 7-8 gram dose is just an estimate. They were heaping tablespoons so maybe someone else can give a more accurate estimate).

But now for the life of me I can't remember what type it was. I emptied my bags into jars and threw the bags away. It was the type that Negentropic showed a pic of in a thread a few weeks ago. White vein maenad, I believe.

By the way, for those keeping score...

In my original post I tracked the most recent 7 days of Kratom use, which was...

Day 1- 15 grams
Day 2- 30 grams
Day 3- 30 grams
Day 4- 7 grams
Day 5- 15 grams
Day 6- 7 grams
Day 7- 15 grams (so far. Will probably end up at 22 today)

Ever since it's been...

Day 8- 0
Day 9- 6 grams
Day 10- 6 grams
Day 11- 0
Day 12- 6 grams
Day 13 (today)- 18 grams

On the morning of Day 9 I can't say I was feeling WDs exactly, but I did feel horribly achey in the body and a little fatigued. I suffer from pain anyway, so it was hard to know if it was simply normal pain or WD-related.

On Day 12 I didn't take those 6 grams until pretty late in the day so that was a 48+ hour break. I felt ok. However, I took 900 grams of Gabapentin earlier in the day so maybe that took away would-be WDs. That was a lot of Gabapentin by my standards.

Today's 18 grams wasn't a whoopsie... I was planning on taking more today due to circumstances.

I don't feel like I need to stop completely. Yet. My goal is to abstain completely for a few days and then start taking it about twice per week.

p.s. I really appreciate this board.