• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom and Dreams

Have kratom affected your dreams? In which way?

• Yes, made me recalling my dreams better/more vivid/lucid

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, but after daily use it doesn't help me

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, it didn't affect my dreams in any way.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Since the start it affected negatively my sleep patterns/dreams.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
My cousin is a recovering addict and recently started taking kratom as an alternative from Xanax. She gave me a brief explanation of the effects and benefits along with a sample to try on my own time. I decided to look more into it so I have a better understanding of what to expect.
routerlogin.ltd
pikashow.ltd

Last edited:
I have recently starting using Kratom. I have night terrors that have been going on for years. I'm taking prosasin for the ptsd and nightmares. It helps. But Kratom makes my dreams more like the dreams I used to have as a kid, more fun, more vivid, can take control of the dream sometimes, it's awesome.

I don’t feel any enhancement or inhibition with my dreams while asleep necessarily, but I do find that it helps my mind wander into an interesting fugue state of unique and somewhat random dreamlike thoughts while trying to fall asleep. My not having any anecdotes pertaining to actual dreaming may be to do my unfortunately terrible dream recall

I do find that it helps my mind wander into an interesting fugue state of unique and somewhat random dreamlike thoughts while trying to fall asleep.
I'm curious if you're trying to describe something I experience.

Kratom has always increased hypnagogic hallucinations for me, which started after years of alcoholism and a psychosis induced by psychedelics which I (mostly) recovered from.

However recently kratom also started causing me to, what I can only describe as, dream while still awake. About 1 minute after I close my eyes I will start to have extremely vivid dreams, yet I know I am still fully awake, and I can actually hear the sounds/dialogue of the dream internally in my head in a very real non-imaginative way, but in the 1st person/internal dialogue perspective. They aren't external auditory hallucinations, I am very familiar with those. I guess it's some weird internal type of hallucination. It's different than dreaming because I am aware I'm still awake and there is no "reboot" process that happens when you wake up from a dream.

It's rather hard to describe. I also believe past damage from drugs/psychosis are playing into this, and it's not purely the kratom itself, it simply brings it out and makes it worse.

Anyways, I recently quit kratom due to this and other factors. I was on it daily for 8+ years.

In terms of melatonin.

Dosing should start at .5mg and increase by .5mg every 3rd day until very lucid nightmares occurs, then drop back down by . 5mg.

Most people use wAaay too high of doses(ie 5-10mg) and generally that's too much.

In my studies 2-2.5mg would be the most common effective dose for men, 1.5-2mg for women

Last edited:
I'm curious if you're trying to describe something I experience.

Kratom has always increased hypnagogic hallucinations for me, which started after years of alcoholism and a psychosis induced by psychedelics which I (mostly) recovered from.

However recently kratom also started causing me to, what I can only describe as, dream while still awake. About 1 minute after I close my eyes I will start to have extremely vivid dreams, yet I know I am still fully awake, and I can actually hear the sounds/dialogue of the dream internally in my head in a very real non-imaginative way, but in the 1st person/internal dialogue perspective. They aren't external auditory hallucinations, I am very familiar with those. I guess it's some weird internal type of hallucination. It's different than dreaming because I am aware I'm still awake and there is no "reboot" process that happens when you wake up from a dream.

It's rather hard to describe. I also believe past damage from drugs/psychosis are playing into this, and it's not purely the kratom itself, it simply brings it out and makes it worse.

Anyways, I recently quit kratom due to this and other factors. I was on it daily for 8+ years.
How are the wd after 8 years daily use ?

Oofta that's a heavy dose.

I love kratom but I only use 1g 1-2x per day.

I just feel good and energetic, less depressed.

I do have sleep issues I could try to up the dose but I'd rather not.

I do have sleep issues I could try to up the dose but I'd rather not.
I don't understand why people take kratom to sleep, it's more stimulatory and adrenic than a sleep inducer

I often cannot sleep for a minimum of 3-4 hours after taking any dose of kratom

I don't understand why people take kratom to sleep, it's more stimulatory and adrenic than a sleep inducer

I often cannot sleep for a minimum of 3-4 hours after taking any dose of kratom

Probably because it does help some with sleep.

Opiates/opioids can be weird like that. The only opiate I've ever taken that made me tired was opana or multiple doses of morphine(in the hospital for serious injury). Any other opiate I've taken does not make me tired at all, much like you said, more energetic.

Some medications/drugs seem to have a different effect on me than others(which is kinda normal). But even 20-40 mg of zopiclone doesnt make me tired at all. In fact all other benzos as well do NOT make me tired, in fact it feels like adderall with no anxiety, for me.

On the opposite end, very low doses of pregabalin fuck me right up. 25mg 1-4x per day and I'm a damn mess and I seem to have no tolerance build at all...

That’s very interesting, and kind of similar to what I go through with Kratom. When I close my eyes I have these weird instances where I’ll be doing something completely normal and have no idea I’m not actually doing that until I remember that I’m actually in bed trying to sleep. There always pretty much the same ordinary things too, like the other day I took 5.5 grams of meang da and went to sleep, but before I feel asleep I had this hallucination while closing my eyes that I was checking my phone, clicked on my friends instagram story and saw a photo of him hanging out with a few other mutual friends of ours, and then I thought “why the hell are they hanging out without me?” Before realizing a few minutes later that no such story existed and that I had been in bed the entire time with my eyes closed.

I have no idea wether I should call it a hallucination or a dream, the whole thing is very strange and I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who experience something like this.

Well I'm back on Kratom since a good week or so. Daily dose maybe 7-10g. Difference to before is that I'm off SSRI now and somehow it is much better now. Maybe I'll open an own thread for this topic. It actually feels like a weird but good antidepressant, while before it lacked this effects and I also just expected a quick fix but nothing in long term. But now it not only provided instant relief but also some kind of antidepressant effect building up over the days. Wonder what mechanism this is based on, possibly kappa antagonism like bupe? But the SSRI thing would suggest some serotonergic mechanism.
Yeah I know, not the smartest idea to keep taking Kratom again and I will end up addicted but I've been there before and we have good tools against opioid withdrawal.

But back to topic, I would say it intensifies dreams a little but not too much. Nothing lucid.

On the opposite end, very low doses of pregabalin fuck me right up. 25mg 1-4x per day and I'm a damn mess and I seem to have no tolerance build at all...
Wow, I could take 600mg of pregabalin at once and get just some soft mood elevation and some memory impairment. 150mg do nothing at all. Weird how different substances affect different individuals.

When I close my eyes I have these weird instances where I’ll be doing something completely normal and have no idea I’m not actually doing that until I remember that I’m actually in bed trying to sleep.
I experience similar. I will have these insanely detailed and complex CEVs, where it's easy to forget if I have my eyes open or closed. I will see myself doing things from my POV, at my computer, on my phone, watching TV... with such intense clarity it feels real. I will see the entire room around me in a hallucination with such accuracy it boggles my mind. It's really quite fascinating to me, how my subconscious could remember that much information. Where is this information coming from? Memory?... so interesting to me.

I have no idea wether I should call it a hallucination or a dream
For me it's definitely hallucination as I'm always very conscious at the time, although still probably hypnagogic in nature.

This only started happening to me after a period of very heavy psychedelic use. My kratom use for several years prior these CEVs never occurred.

I experience similar. I will have these insanely detailed and complex CEVs, where it's easy to forget if I have my eyes open or closed. I will see myself doing things from my POV, at my computer, on my phone, watching TV... with such intense clarity it feels real. I will see the entire room around me in a hallucination with such accuracy it boggles my mind. It's really quite fascinating to me, how my subconscious could remember that much information. Where is this information coming from? Memory?... so interesting to me.

For me it's definitely hallucination as I'm always very conscious at the time, although still probably hypnagogic in nature.

This only started happening to me after a period of very heavy psychedelic use. My kratom use for several years prior these CEVs never occurred.
Opioids cause exactly same kind of hypnagogia to me.

Interestingly, bupre has been best inducing some, even tho it is speculated here to do it worst as kappa-antagonist.

Freaking drugs. Get 'rekt.