• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids KICKING MY OPIOID HABIT!! ( fka : Withdrawals after 12 days of use?)

I almost made it today. I have tapered so much over the last few days that I may already have the worst of the withdrawals behind me. I made it to this evening before taking just a little bit.
It has been super hard. I cannot believe how this evil stuff slowly transforms us!
how do you wake up and not take anything? thats the worst time for me

I just woke up and Tok 16mg ORAL of hydromorphine to keep me ok for 8 hours thats my regiment now. Im gonna see if I can stay at 48mg a day.

With the Kratom…don’t be surprised if whatever dose you start with doesn’t do it for you. Just take more. I like the capsules , because you’re gonna be taking so much that drinking it is seriously unbearable at least for me. When I came off fent I had to take like 32 of the .6 gram pills. It will get you high even mildly euphoric which is the only thing gonna keep you from going back to the stuff. I think I even did that twice a day for a few days. Then I tapered down just a few a day, til I got to 25, then 20 and eventually down to like 9 or 10 capsules. You’re gonna want to be high…that’s ok. The goal here really is just to get high on something other than fent since that will kill you. Kratom is also cheap as fuck

And I know, fix your mind and all that and I’m with it, but coming off fent without something to actually get you high is so fucking depressing

what’s up my people?? as y’all can probably guess since I haven’t been super active the past two days, I have been using but keeping it to a minimum. I think i’ll try out the kratom tomorrow along with the lope and see how I do. wishing you all the best on your journeys, specially @althea16 💓

so I have continued my journey and can make 24mg of hydromorphine last me 12 hours with the assistance of kratom(extract) towards the end of the 12 hours as I start to feel withdrawals at 12

what’s up my people?? as y’all can probably guess since I haven’t been super active the past two days, I have been using but keeping it to a minimum. I think i’ll try out the kratom tomorrow along with the lope and see how I do. wishing you all the best on your journeys, specially @althea16 💓
It has been the same for me. I have drastically reduced but have not yet taken the final leap.

I think you have a concrete plan. I think the reason they said be easy on krstom is bc it causes it's own fit of WD. What I do is use it on my worst day and then again on the next shitty day. Kratom treats me badly, I mean its fuckin ok but if you dont continuously take it, you're left feeling like shit which could lean you towards relapse.
Just treat Kratom and subs as last resort.

I was only taking the kpins for a few days so yeah i’m probably anxious that I don’t have any more. just took 3 of the gabapentins. haven’t felt super sick today or anything just uncomfortable.

Gabapentin works best if you take 300mg every 30-45 minutes. It absorbs better when taking with fatty food in the stomach, and NSAIDs like ibuprofen or naproxen will also help absorption. Taking 3 at once mans most of those 3 will pass through your small intestine without being absorbed.

Gabapentin is very useful against withdrawal, not as much as pregabalin, but quite helpful.

hey guys, sorry i’ve been MIA it’s been a SHITTY past week. I have still been going through it bad, and haven’t had it in me to start my plan. i’m waiting to score some xans to use in conjunction with the kratom and lope. I just know myself too well, and know it’s not gonna be enough to get me through the worst of it. so sorry to have kept you all waiting and guessing. sending love y’all’s way.

hey guys, sorry i’ve been MIA it’s been a SHITTY past week. I have still been going through it bad, and haven’t had it in me to start my plan. i’m waiting to score some xans to use in conjunction with the kratom and lope. I just know myself too well, and know it’s not gonna be enough to get me through the worst of it. so sorry to have kept you all waiting and guessing. sending love y’all’s way.
I pray for no more shitty weeks for you. With this stuff it will ALWAYS be shitty. Keeping this devil away is so unmercifully hard without divine help.
I am only on day 3 without any opioids. Yet, I feel so much better already in the most important ways.
I have tried so hard for so long and could absolutely cry with joy and gratitude at finally having a few days away from this crap. I have spent over a year waking up every morning in fear and misery. Then I would use again and start all over. To finally not feel that way in the mornings and to not be trapped all day thinking about my next use is indescribably incredible. But, it has only been a few days and I know I cannot let myself be fooled again. The pull to go back is so strong. My brain keeps telling me that I feel ok and I can have just one. It’s true insanity that I crave this thing that has tortured me for so long.
I want out. The gratitude and joy that comes to me for just getting this far can only grow if I can keep my temptations tamed. It’s hard but I must do it.
I want you to do it too. I want everyone to escape this hell that is addiction. “First it’s fun. Then it’s not fun. Then it’s hell.” You were on the right path and helped inspire me. You can do this. I pray that I can too!

Last edited:
I pray for no more shitty weeks for you. With this stuff it will ALWAYS be shitty. Keeping this devil away is so unmercifully hard without divine help.
I am only on day 3 without any opioids. Yet, I feel so much better already in the most important ways.
I have tried so hard for so long and could absolutely cry with joy and gratitude at finally having a few days away from this crap. I have spent over a year waking up every morning in fear and misery. Then I would use again and start all over. To finally not feel that way in the mornings and to be trapped all day thinking about my next use is indescribably incredible. But, it has only been a few days and I know I cannot let myself be fooled again. The pull to go back in is so strong. My brain keeps telling me that I feel ok and I can have just one. It’s true insanity that I crave this thing that has tortured me for so long.
I want out. The gratitude and joy that comes to me for just getting this far can only grow if I can keep my temptations tamed. It’s hard but I must do it.
I want you to do it too. I want everyone to escape this hell that is addiction. “First it’s fun. Then it’s not fun. Then it’s hell.” You were on the right path and helped inspire me. You can do this. I pray that I can too!
wow althea I am SO PROUD OF YOU!! That’s amazing to hear and I am truly so happy for you. I know it’s rough but you’re doing amazing and keep it up! i’ll be following after you shortly I know it!

I have tried so hard for so long and could absolutely cry with joy and gratitude at finally having a few days away from this crap. I have spent over a year waking up every morning in fear and misery. Then I would use again and start all over. To finally not feel that way in the mornings and to not be trapped all day thinking about my next use is indescribably incredible. But, it has only been a few days and I know I cannot let myself be fooled again. The pull to go back is so strong. My brain keeps telling me that I feel ok and I can have just one. It’s true insanity that I crave this thing that has tortured me for so long.

You can do it. <3 In 2014, I did ibogaine to try to treat 10 years of heavy addiction, and somehow, a week after my initial flood dose, a VERY eventful and wild, joyous, and difficult week, something clicked together in my subconscious mind, and the spell was broken. I was still feeling minor withdrawals, but suddenly the thought of taking "just one more" (and BOY do I understand that feeling) seemed like the insanity that it truly is. You wouldn't have been able to pay me to go back to opiates. My thought process suddenly became "yeah, okay, I feel kinda crappy right now, and it's hard to sleep, but I'm almost through it! Why in god's name would I ruin that??" It was truly a blessing.

I didn't look back for 5 years. Had the best 2 years of my adult life following that, started working out, eating well, got the healthiest I've ever been. Found a new relationship, started playing music again, totally transformed my life. I fully believed I would never do opiates again, people would offer them to me at festivals or whatever, and I would have absolutely no problem turning them down.

Unfortunately, in 2019, my dad was dying and my mom gave me some morphine in an almost empty bottle to throw away, and I just... took it. And the brain bug of the insanity of addiction was back. A couple of months later, I took some again. Then a couple of weeks later, again. And before I knew it, I was addicted again, and taking them every day. Now I'm on suboxone, and slowly tapering. I still can't believe some days that I actually am back here. But you can only move forward, and the words I gave you, "you can do it", are how I remind myself that I can, in fact, do it. It's about changing your mindset. The more you think about how insane the rationalization to yourself that "this time, I can just take it this once, I need a reward, one time won't cause me to slip back into addiction" is, the more you will find the willpower to suffer through a comparatively short period of time of feeling horrible, so that you can have the rest of your life (or even just a few years) of living your best life.

But trust me, I know fuill well how hard that is. Addiction, especially a long addiction, rewires our brains' reward system, and we find ourselves becoming our own worst enemy. But people can and do work through that, and you can, too. <3

I was curious if you've tried the kratom route. I used Bali Red (6 to 8 grams, 4X daily) to get off a 150mg to 175mg per day oxycodone habit. Worked like a charm. I didn't even miss a day of work. WDs so mild I barely noticed them. Of course now I'm hooked on kratom, but coming off that is WAY EASIER than kicking true opiates. I'm currently taking about 20g daily and I'm OK with maintaining that level.

I was curious if you've tried the kratom route. I used Bali Red (6 to 8 grams, 4X daily) to get off a 150mg to 175mg per day oxycodone habit. Worked like a charm. I didn't even miss a day of work. WDs so mild I barely noticed them. Of course now I'm hooked on kratom, but coming off that is WAY EASIER than kicking true opiates. I'm currently taking about 20g daily and I'm OK with maintaining that level.
I actually was planning on doing that exactly. I posted a plan a few pages back where I had detailed a 3-5 day taper starting with 8g twice daily along with lope. i’m still planning on doing it but i’d like to have some benzo at my disposal because I’d definitely feel good enough to go about my daily routine and not miss work.