• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] IV vs. IM comparisons

jimborg said:
Simple question just curious is there any reason to IV ketamine rather than take IM shots?

If your a terrible Ket junkie, thats the only real reason to put a needle in yourself with the compound period. Snorting will get you to the hole if your tolerance is zero every time.

I have a lot of experience (way too much) with IM ketamine, which I much prefer over insufflation... looks like some mixed responses here... What I don't want is to be floored before the needle comes out of my arm. So anyway, we'll see. If I give it a shot I'll post a comparison in the appropriate forum. I've never self-administered IV drugs before so that is mainly what's keeping me from trying atm,.. (well that, and I'm waiting for my stock to be replenished). My veins are hard as hell to find,.. but IV is such a sexy ROA I may just have to try.

Questions about ketamine belong in Psychedelic Drugs; for what it's worth I've heard that IV'ing isn't as good as IM. I've only snorted ketamine though. If you are gonna IV, probably a good idea to have someone else shoot you up.

OD===>PD

Another bonus is you need far less material! Something that should have been said already for sure. For your first time IVing it, don't pass the 30-40mg mark or you'll be way too fucked, even low I'd say, but if you're really, really experienced with K like you say, then 30mg shouldn't be too much.

theWorldWithin said:
If your a terrible Ket junkie, thats the only real reason to put a needle in yourself with the compound period. Snorting will get you to the hole if your tolerance is zero every time.

I've snorted 600mg and squirted another 500mg up my ass without tolerance and never k-holed.

but to be fair i've immed 300mg and failed to hole as well.

The Is said:
I've snorted 600mg8o and squirted another 500mg up my ass 8o without tolerance and never k-holed.

but to be fair i've immed 300mg and failed to hole as well.

umm dude, this is not possible. You would have been anesthatized and could have had surgery done on you if need be. J/K. but seriously, you said you used 1.1 grams at once without tolerance and didn't K-hole.8o

yeah man. And I'm not bullshitting you. I also have never been able to 'breakthrough' on 5-meo-dmt either, even at ~40mg smoked.

I have heard that some people just do not hole. But to be fair if you ingested over a gram of ketamine by any route you would have been completely blacked out unconscious. If it didnt knock you out then I would wager to guess that the product was horribly cut or entirely bunk. There is such a thing as too much with K where you just pass out and miss the hole entirely, also set and setting are crucial as you cannot always reach the hole if conditions are not right.

Exactly^^, even if you're a person who doesn't get certain effects then you would still pass out mighty fast on over a gram. Sounds like bunk shit.

theWorldWithin said:
disagree. The phenomenological difference between snorting and IMing ketamine makes it worth pursuing the latter over the former. IM ketamine is just so much more smooth and less harsh on your body and takes you deeper, quicker.

IV ketamine is a waste, ime, since the rush makes the experience unable to be integrated. Its too fast. Up and down.

I actually prefer shooting it subcutaneously, because its a little smoother than IMing even and about equipotent.

Use a wheel filter on your ketamine.

Yeah I will not dispute that IM has a reputation of being smoother in its onset, but you have to ask yourself is it really worth the pain, stigma, and increased risk of addiction that comes with IM shots? I always felt snorting K was pretty damn addictive in and of itself, I would hate to feel the pull of the needle.

pain - it doesn't hurt. it leaves the muscle a little sore for a couple days if you shoot it too fast. as long as you massage the site after slowly injecting the pain is minimal. If you want to circumvent this then shoot it SC, there is absolutely no pain this way. Snorting is much more painful, ime, since it really does tear up the nasal passages after multiple uses.

stigma - don't tell anybody you're doing it and its OK. Its your business whether you want to k-hole or not. In my experience, people are just pretty biased against ketamine in general. Even people that trip will often look down on ketamine use, snorting or IMing. So better safe than sorry and don't tell your friends.

increased risk of addiction - I actually find snorting to be much more addictive, because the impulse to redose is so readily satisfied (with IM/SC you have to prep the shot which is a little bit of a hassle so its less likely you'll do it when you're walking out the door or something to catch a train).

I've found IMing to be much more enjoyable. I've don IV twice and it comes fast and leaves fast and there was no real chance to just look around or try to figure stuff out again; the whole experience the first time was me hoping to Jebus that I wouldn't be crushed by the creeping walls in my bathroom and the next time was just lame. It came on super fast and I really had no time to try to think before it was gone - I'm not sure why I tried it again. IM ket comes on nicely and stays around for awhile. I can IM, put on my ipod and just chill for an hour. There are some nice after effects for a bit, too.

IM is my favorite i think, IV'ed it once or twice, only shot a couple bumps worth and didnt even finish the shot cuz i was afraid i was gonna get too fucked up to get teh needle out of my arm

i have a little experiencing IV when I used heroin for a short time...

im soon going to IM some anesket ketamine from mexico right into my buttocks. Its medically proven that when you IM your butt is the best place to do this....

i cant wait. i might never snort it again :)

I like IM simply because I feel it safer then IV, I don't got much experience IVing, its much easier.... and gives you time to double dose, having 2 needles ready...

I gave it a wirl last night. Always put it up my nose so wanted to try IM to see the difference. I had a couple syringes and needles kicking around from when I did a cycle of roids. I think I had the 3cc and i believe it was 20g x1.5. talk about big harsh needles long needles. My friend gave me the last two I had left and if I remember reading the package right then it was that size. I'm goin on GPZ services and getting some 3cc 25gx1. That should work for my glute and thigh.

My first one I filled up with about 1cc. used a wipe to steralize my butt and away I went. Within a few minutes I was feeling nice. I don't know how much time passed (maybe 30 minutes) but I didn't feel like I was at the point I wanted to be it.

I was still under the influence but I figured I could set myself up for another poke. I attempted to fill it up with about .5cc but pulled out to much and ended with 1cc again. Well now I was stuck with it so I used a wipe again to steralize and this time wasn't that great. I poked myself two times. I'm not sure if I had my muscles to tense or I didn't have the needle in right but i know I was doing it wrong because I got that burning and painful sensation. So I sat down for about 5 minutes to regroup and get my head straight. 3rd time a charm.

About 10 minutes later I blew a good size line up my line. I was expecting to get a huge rush and enjoy the experience for about the next 30 or 40 minutes. Within 10 minutes I was passed out cold. I woke up 4 hours later just in time for work. I have much experience with ketamine (blowing it) but never had experience with IM. This morning I feel like I have a killer ketamine hangover. I think I may have done a little too much. hahhahahahaha.
I'd definitely attempt to IM again but I wont double up in such a short time frame.

Last edited:
Hello was reading some old posts. I'm a pharmacy tech at a hospital and make IV's all the time for adults, and kids, Chemo and regular IV's been doing it for 3 years.

What is confusing you is those syringes you bought are used for measuring insulin. The way insulin works is 100units/1ml so that syringe you have it's capacity is 100units = 1ml. if you drew up 1ml of insulin it would = 100units of insulin, they put the measurement in units so it's easier for people that use insulin to measure. if you drew up 0.5ml it would be 50 units as the syringe says. Since you're not using insulin ;p you're using k, 50 units on the measurement of the insulin syringe is the same thing as 0.5ml which would give you 25mg.

The Ketamine Vial you have is 500mg/10ml which equals 50mg/ml so for a dose of 25 mg on the insulin syringe you would draw up to 50 units or 0.5ml same thing. For a dose of 50mg you would draw up to 100units or 1ml remember this is for the insulin syringe.

Another thing as mentioned by someone else that needle is too small, IM needs from what I've seen are pretty long compared to the regular ones for obvious reasons.

Last note, these vials are labeled as (single use) so if you have a vial and hold on to it the risk of it getting contaminated increases with time. Only tips I can think of because I've never done this stuff is to clean your vial wipe the top with a little bit of alcohol doesn't need to be a lot. and also use something to cover the hole in the rubber stopper at the job we get like this sticky covers that covers the top of the vial.

I have IV'd and IM'd street K hundreds of times and never had any problems (with absecess's etc)

I find IV feels good for about 10 seconds your head just sorta goes really light and you feel euphoric but then you are pretty much sent past the k-hole straight into Anesthesia for about 15 mins then you come back round just feeling pretty groggy still k'd up but in a different way than snorting.

I find that IM is hit n miss really as it doesnt always send me into a k-hole, depending on the quality of the k (my tolerance is insane) I will usually just feel k'd up but in a different way to snorting it, I feel its a lot smoother and not as head blasting as snorting k but when you do manage to k-hole from IM man does it feel good.

As for snorting I think this is the best method as it really does blow your head off and i've k-holed lots of times this way only downside is it blocks my nose up because I have to snort so much to achieve the desired effects.