• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] IV vs. IM comparisons

vicodelicious said:
im really confused as to where in my thigh to do this???? very confusing directions!!!

and is 25-50mgs mean 25-50 untits in the syringe????

First off, type "intramuscular injections" into a search engine. Get some information.

Second, your ketamine has 50 mg of ketamine/ml (or unit, or CC). So if you want to take 25 mg to 50 mg of ketamine, a dose will 1/2 to 1 CC (or ml, or unit. SO if you have 1 CC syringes, fill it to .5 CC to 1 cc (or units or ml.)

Third, you are supposed to pull back on the plunger to make sure you have not hit a vein. If blood enters the syringe, you have hit a vein...pull out! I tell you that in the name "harm reduction." I'll be honest and say I never bother to pull back on the plunger, but that is not safe so don't do what I do.

Again, search google for proper instructions from a medical site on how to give IM injections before you proceed.

vicodelicious said:
so stick the entire needle into my bottocks and inject very slowly (10seconds per cc)??

I do, but I only use a 1/2 needle. If the needle you are using is longer, I would not stick it all the way in. But again, I urge you to check out some medical sites to get proper instructions.

morninggloryseed said:
First off, type "intramuscular injections" into a search engine. Get some information.

Second, your ketamine has 50 mg of ketamine/ml (or unit, or CC). So if you want to take 25 mg to 50 mg of ketamine, a dose will 1/2 to 1 CC (or ml, or unit. SO if you have 1 CC syringes, fill it to .5 CC to 1 cc (or units or ml.)

Third, you are supposed to pull back on the plunger to make sure you have not hit a vein. If blood enters the syringe, you have hit a vein...pull out! I tell you that in the name "harm reduction." I'll be honest and say I never bother to pull back on the plunger, but that is not safe so don't do what I do.

Again, search google for proper instructions from a medical site on how to give IM injections before you proceed.

i am THOUROUGHLY confused... "a dose will 1/2 to 1 CC (or ml, or unit. SO if you have 1 CC syringes, fill it to .5 CC to 1 cc (or units or ml.)"

this mkaes no sence to me.

all i need to know is how much to pull into my syringe. the syringes have increments of 10, 20, 30, 40 units etc... up to 100.

you have to remever i am syringe niaeve. all i need to kno is how much to pull into my needle. and where to stick it in.

please put in lamens trems!! hehe

thanks

VD

My fault, 100 units = 1 CC. So if you want 25 to 50 mg of ketamine, take 50 to 100 units. Fill the syringe (assuming it's a 1 CC syringe) either half way, or all the way (to the line) according to what dosage you want to take.

Last edited:
ok, but the bottle syas 500mgs per 10mL. so whats you're saying is that if i fill up my syringe up to 50 units (halfway-full) , i would be putting 50mgs fo K in my system?????

(im sorry i just have trouble converting liquid doses to solid doses)

SO.... the bottle total is 10mL

there is 500mgs per 10mL (which is the whole bottle)

there is 50mg/mL 50*10 = 500mgs

So, how many UNITS would I draw up into mu needle to get 50mgs of K????

the needle i have is 1cc (100 units)

to get a common dose, its 25 - 50mgs

ok i tihink i get it now. for a 25mg dose, fill the needle up to 50 units right????

now where is the best place to inject ?? tthe butTT??

AlphaNumeric said:
IM'ing...The effect is a lot faster and more intense. The K Hole comes on very quickly after a minute or two[/SIZE]

You feel it after a minute or two, but you don't enter the "k-hole" till about the 10, 15 minute point. You got enough time after you inject to take a quick hit of pot, put on a CD, fill a balloon with nitrous oxide, get comfortable, and inhale the gas before it really hits. :)

You go directly from the "nitrous space" into the K hole. Complete and instant ego loss. Don't do this at hime kids.

Re: IM Ketamine help *Quickly*

vicodelicious said:
I have a bottle of sealed phamacetucal Ketamine HCL. Its in a little vial

Its says:

10mL Single-Dose
Ketamine HCL Injection USP
500mg per 10mL*
(50mg/mL)
C-III

Well I went out and bought some syringes... b/c i decided to IM.

They are 1.0cc . 29 guage 1/2" (12.7)

are these the right kind for needles for IM?? The pharmacists said they were.

On the syringe itself it has 10-100 untits and says 1cc on it.

Now, on erowid, it says that for a common IM dose of K is 25-50mgs. So I assume that i fill up the syringe with 25-50 units (mgs) of K?

Then where do I injext it? My thigh? Arm? Where do you suggest the best spot??

Basically I just need a beginners guide to injecting IM Ketamine.

Thanks so much VD

You asked the pharmacists about intramuscular injections? What did you tell them you are IMing?

I'm only 19, and still pretty much look like a kid, so I want to have everything bulletproof before I go in and ask for a syringe. In my state, you can sell syringes without a prescription, but you have to give the pharmacist a valid reason...

Also, did you go the route of 'I need a 23/25-gauge (odd, this forum says 27/29 is okay for IM ketamine, but OD says 25 is a minimum, because you dont want it breakng off? on the other hand, i dont want a huge needle...) 1.5" long syringe', or 'my doc gave me this such and such and i need a syringe to im it, it didn't come with one (or i broke the one that came with the rx)'...

I dunno. I know I'll find a way to screw up getting the needle, and if not, screw up IMing it...

Anything to add to ( http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88698)... in regards to ketamine... or looking young?

Last edited:
why is it that people aren't prepared to IV non-pharm ketamine in powder form but they will do it with heroin + meth etc?

Last edited:
Well I have had some very profound experiences with K. Tlak about a "trip" I like to IM too, HOWEVER one night I injected into my shoulder did not aspirate and must have hit a vein. I was shooting 250mgs in too! Just as I am pulling the needle out, I start to topple...my gal grabbed the dart out of my shoulder and let me collapse. She said I was snoring before I even came to a rest...whoa...

Anyhow, ketamine will forever remain precious to me. By FAR the most touching/angelic experiences of my life. I usually put on a compilation CD of Enya, Dido, enigma or Moby and take my journey. I can say this --- K has reassured me of "other life" out there as well as a spiritual confimation. IT is like nothing else...like being touched by God. I miss it. Now it is impossible to obtain and all you ever hear about it is it is a date rape drug. <-- and that royally sucks that someone would be in the K hole and getting abused like that. Words cannot decribe what you will see in the "K"ingdom of K.

A 1/2" needle is much too short for an IM injection into the thigh or buttocks. If you are using these sites, what you are doing is a subcutaneous inj. If you want to IM, , you will need to shoot in a less fatty area of the body. I concur w/ the poster who sent you to www.spotinjections.com That's where I learned that the best place (FOR ME) is the back of the shoulder.

Any reason to IV ketamine > IM?

Simple question just curious is there any reason to IV ketamine rather than take IM shots? I understand that answering may conflict with the principle of harm reduction - so just assume that I'm going to try regardless. Just curious what to expect, whether it's just super-fast onset of the same sensation, and/or whether that sensation is better.

If you're using street/powder ket that isn't sterile, you're less likely to get an abscess IVing it.

On effects, IM for me was similar to snorting it (obviously minus the yucky drip, which was a big plus!). IVing it's just bizarre. The 'rush' isn't even really a rush because when it hits you you haven't got a fucking clue what you're doing anymore. I found IVing it to be more of a body high, good for getting to sleep after stimulants, but fairly fucking pointless for k-holing as the duration of mental effects was so short.

i wouldnt IV street K if i where you... if your going to IV or IM it get a sealed uncooked vile... alot of people cut K with flavors or wierd ass shit... atleast they did in cali

im a big fan of iv k and imo iv is much more enjoyable than im. i dont like shooting much and disconnecting reality that much. but i do love low dose iv k, its amazing euphoria, as euphoric as potent opioids. it only lasts 10-15 mins tho so it makes you redose until the vial gets empty. and when the vial is over you get so depressed and want more. so i suggest be careful and dont forget to shoot it slowly - its the golden rule of iv k, you must shoot it slow or youll end up trying to breath but fail and everyone knows very well what happens after.

/\ Provided I was using a familiar batch and knew the strength, I'd always shoot it pretty quick, then re-cap the needle, jump up, turn the light off and get in bed before it hit me!