• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

JWH dependance problems?

The only thing I have ever felt after cold turkeying JWH-018 after smoking it for awhile was being unable to sleep and mood swings (usually just getting sad/crying), but the mood swings would only occur if I'd be alone and not actively doing something.

Haha^ a couple posts up...taking opiates for jwh withdrawals? I mean I don't know you or how bad it was for you to kick, but I'm pretty sure the opiates would be worse. I don't know if you've done the opiate thing before (or know the beast that is poppy addiction) but I've gone through both a few dozen times...and shit I usually take cannabis/jwh to get off opiates. But whatever works for you.

I've been smoking 018 and whatever jwh the local smoke shop puts in their blends for the past year or so, pretty heavily at times and I've had next to no withdrawal. Nothing more than the typical restlessness that cannabis withdrawal creates.

I gotta say though the short duration of the jwh high and easy availability makes dependence more likely than cannabis IMHO.

I agree with you 100%.
I quit smoking cannabis (by choice) a while back, but recently stumbled upon JWH-018 and experimented. I find it to be much more "fiendish" than cannabis ever was. I haven't smoked it 3 days straight, all day, like you have, but I have smoked it daily for the past few weeks.

It is a bit more addictive than THC, which surprises me because it's legal yet THC is not.

But no cannabinoids are anywhere near the dependence potential of cocaine or opiates, so as Coolio above wisely said, "Don't be a pussy."

agreed

maybe after months/years straight of smoking jwh-018 you might have worse withdrawals, but after 6 months heavy usage it was literally a walk in the park compared to even my earlier opiate addiction to oxycodone

if heroin withdrawals just consisted just of coldsweats, body temp probs, loss of appetite, and some clammy skin fuck it would be a walk in the park..people wouldn't be admitting themselves to psych wards and detox's/rehabs etc..

those are very MINOR heroin withdrawals.

Like everyone else said, just cold turkey it if you cant taper using some normal weed., or taper with jwh..just like any other drug

maybe I missed something but you said 3 days straight?? I think thats CT'able...not to belittle your problem or something but 3 days? you can do pretty much any drug heavy for 3 days and its not like you're going to have weeks of withdrawals or something from it

I feel that I have the same dependence as I had with bud (before probation made me switch to synth). If I needed to quit, I would slow down to no use over a week or so period, want it a few days later, and then a week or two later I'm like fuck I wanna get high, and then in a little over a month I would lose cravings and be fine.
JWH-018 definitely floods the cannibinoid receptors hard, so I could see how one would have a slightly more difficulty stopping use, but I have seen no trouble.
But just taper down if you can't quit cold turkey. It's not going to be like a benzo or heroin w/d.
Then again I don't plan to quit soon :). I smoked bud all night every day after work/class, and I treat jwh the same way.