• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Jungle/Drum and Bass Lovers

Raw: How do you afford all that shit? You are either a) loaded and can afford it, b) broke and can't afford it but buyanyway or c) a dj? Spit!
As for my study ridden ass, I have started downloading some stuff I have put off for a while cause my jungle tendencies had been put on hold.
Technical Itch - Diagnostics
Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole
Rush, Nico - Torque
Hive - Devious Methods
Panacea - Low Profile Darkness, Twisted Designz
Peshay - Miles From Home
Plug - Drum’n’bass For Papa
Photek - Form & Function
Cujo - Adventures In Foam
Decoder - Dissection
Badmarsh & Shri - Dancing Drums
Talvin Singh - OK, Soundz Of The Asian Underground
56K modems suck, but napster and pinging options make me feel so much better.
Back to study.

Fireal : You forgot option d) a PIMP...
hee hee
wink.gif

Seriously tho, i've got a moving shadow promo (no 2) playing now and it is very very tight. i *think* its kinda old
smile.gif

Peace
rc1n

Yeah pimp, yeah thats right...
wink.gif

Ah more like (b) But hey if I don't buy em I can't play em... Its an addiction....
More stuff on the mellower tip includes the Bear Necessities label. The last two releases by Legacy (Total Science) and Ayo with Solid State have been very smooth!
peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"

Yeah agree with raw, im getting a little sick of who told you now, fave track on the cd would have to be dirty beats
smile.gif

Anyone heard anything about Ray Keith touring next year?
Please say you have....or i might have to disembowel you.......maybe thats going too far....but it is Ray Keith

Yay me. I got Adam F: Colours on vinyl today!
My own copy of Circles woohoo...
Re: Ray Keith, I heard the rumour too. Also saw an ad in Knowledge mag that him and Bryan Gee were doing a movement tour. Would rather see Bryan Gee than RK. Have not been impressed with the mixtapes of RK I have heard...
Added Bit: (Rather than make a new post!)
Alright, someone needs to pay for my food and rent again this week:
Jazz and Bass Sessions 3: 5 plates of smoove creamy goodness, served up phresh. Haven't thoroughly sampled all servings, but I can say Codename John: The Crow is something special!!
London Elecktricity: Round the Corner (origin unknown mixes), here you have a Vocal and VIP mix both sexy as!
Mailorder bizness arrived:
R&B vs D&B v1: Bryan McKnight vs Danny Byrd (I think) two different takes using the same vocals. Subtle and sweet.
Teebee vs Brandy: U Don't Know me. Two mixes here too. One with the Vox, one without. Minimal but effective percussion. I will be caning this one!
Also listened to The Decoder album, on Tech Itch and well, lots of dancefloor fodder. Hord 39 being the best tune, but I already had it on the sampler. Roadrage is also runnin. But all I up I was pretty disappointed. I think it took too long to come out, the recent releases on Breakbeat Culture (with Substance) have been way ahead of what was on offer here.
peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"
[This message has been edited by raw (edited 09 November 2000).]

Whoah, it dropped to the second page *bump*.
Anyway to keep the vibe alive,
here is a new top five (mmm rhyming)
1. Round the Corner: London Elecktricity (Origin Unknown Vocal Mix)
2. The Crow: Codename John
3. Horns 2000: Future Cut
4. U Don't Know Me: Teebee vs Brandy
5. Digital: Rocksteady
peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"

hey dudes ....could u name some GOOD ..jungle ,d+b ,breaks sites with free mp3s ..so i can search for some neew record to get my hands on......need some new records ....thanks guys

have had a bit of a listen to some of that xen cuts on ninja tunes that fireal was bragging about a few weeks ago in here ..
sounds fuckin nice ..
these days i am liking more and more hiphop~style material.
i dont know if any of you guys care but yeah .. thought i would let you know, whilst bumping this thread at the same time

Yeah I care MS....
smile.gif

I don't listen to a lot of Hiphop, used to go to a few events put on by the Fat Fluid Crew here in Perth and I think they are playing at Delerious which should be good!!
Alright Vinyl Braggin time again, teehee
smile.gif

Teebee: Spaceage Remix - This is a fuggin monster of a tune! I didnt really get a feel for it when I listened to it on the recent Dieselboy CD but when I played it in the store and at home it all came together.
J Magik: The Lizard - Was tempted to order the promo from the Infrared website but it was in RMX this week so *yoink* I grabbe myself a copy. This is an absolute tearin tune
Various: Fire - Another Hardleaders triple pack. More upfront than the Listen Up set, the standout being the Total Science tune. Digital and Decoder both make some notable contributions!
Kosheen: Catch (Floor Remix)/Demonstrate - Tuff and infectious!
Capone: Growler/Fusion - Hardleaders repress, I dont think much of the Growler but Fusion is fave of mine that I have been dying to get! whoop
time to hit the decks...
peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"

Only new to DnB/Breaks. I think its like a disease coz I'm infected. 4/4 beats bore the shit out of me.
Raw, Man you're like an DnB encyclopaedia. Wish I had your record collection.
Anyone in Sydney go to Blueprint@Globe on thursdays. I'm usually there (except now, bloody exams). Anyone go to Fuzzy Spring Break (not DnB but the breaks were sweet) excellent night.

anyone know who it is thats been making remixes of the new 'in the mode' album by roni size ?
i've been hearing some nice ones when out and about

What have you heard remixes of MS??
The only remix I know of is the Roni Size and Die one of Who Told You.
Anyway Vinyl Braggin Time again!! *sigh*
Liftin Spirits: Ghost Town/Cliche - Ant Miles doing it harder than most of the recent RAM stuff
MJ Cole - Sincere (Marcus Intalex and ST Files remix) Smooth Smooth Smooth.
Also picked up some album by a couple of guys with no name, just some funny logo thing...
Oh yeah the album was called DIGITAL NATION!
wink.gif

peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"

'Sup all.
Was at collectors corner the other day picking up a usual few pieces of vinyl i can't afford that much and found "side a: peshay vs dj shadow: what does your soul look like" and "side b: dj die vs dj shadow: what does your soul look like" for $15. sounds really good. and on a further hiphop tip i also got another remix single of qbert doing shadow.
smile.gif

i also got a herb alpert record and the melbourne abc orchestra doing 70s tunes, but that is for another thread
smile.gif

jezuz raw
you got some seerious addiction to da black vinyl mon
you buy more o dat shite dan me mate dave buys 'ash.
you must 'ave some seriously bitchin job no?
like sum kinda biomedical engineering guru or ting?
rah spect
------------------
---increase da peace---