• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV tramadol questions

ugh its not a good idea IMO.

A. its a shitty drug

B. its only good when your in withdrawal and have NOTHING else.

C. its a shitty drug

D. shooting shitty drugs are even worse than shooting good drugs

I have to disagree with you in that I'm a rather big fan of tramadol and I've certainly been down the road of many different opiates. Everyone is different. Some people, like myself, enjoy the seratonin effect mixed with the pain killing(opiod) aspect of it.

Thats pretty harsh bro I dunno why you gotta lash out on poppyplanet like that. lol <3 Why don't we just close this shit, it gives people bad ideas....IMO

IV tramadol.... of all the threads to necropost, this should be infraction worthy, haha.

Lazarus Has A Point!

I am wondering where you got this information. Tramadol and codeine are not related. Also, a synthetic opiate can't possibility be related to a natural or semi-synthetic chemically (Hence the name "Synthetic" or "man-made").

Tramadol is a pro-drug synthetic opiate, meaning it must be metabolized before the mu agonist effect can occur.

Wow, talk about clever trolling by Unknown...

This is a useful old thread, and while reading through it, I saw this unacknowledged travesty where Unknown completely (and I think possibly intentionally) misinterprets StrawPipes useful post (Post #29 of this thread) regarding the molecular similarities between tramadol and codeine, and his/her very relevant claim that tramadol is not actually an opiate.

Unknown makes a huge leap in the quote above when suggesting that StrawPipes' observation of molecularly similarity between codeine and tramadol is really some kind of declaration that the two are "related". Unknown uses this blatant misinterpretation to further dismantle StrawPipes' credibility because synthetics CAN NEVER be "related" to organically derived compounds (an assertion that was never actually made). This troll-ish post de-railed the thread as it was beginning exploration of an important point.

Bringing me to the reason why I'd resurrect this 'never say die' thread, StrawPipes made a useful observation that is rarely heard amongst the vast multitude of often silly tramadol-related threads: tramadol is not an opiate. Straw never suggested that tram and codeine are "related" (as in derived from the same molecular ancestors), just chemically similar.... as in a synthetic analog. A very basic concept that Unknown really does restate brilliantly later on in Post #48 as if it's his/her original idea. Laughable, man.....laughable.

One last comical point regarding real idiocy and total ignorance of chemical analogs is demonstrated quite nicely in the following quote from a portion of Post #34 by Unknown.

"Also, the wikipedia article says that tramadol is a synthetic stripped down version of codeine (oxymoron much?). That's proof alone that the person who wrote the article is an idiot."

Thank you, Unknown, for giving me a miniscule speck of Internet minutiae to dissect and enjoy on this cold wintry night.

What I do not understand is this; since Tramadol is a pro-drug why on earth dose it have IV ampules? Also why are people getting high off of snorting/rectal and getting WD relief from IV? Surely it is an opiate then and it is not a pro-drug? Pro-drugs are not injectable.

Hello jasoncrest.

I'm in a similar situation that you were regarding Bupe withdrawal. I have a shit ton of 50 mg Ultram tablets (White, Round, Imprint AN / 627) and I also have a very strong needle fixation. Did you do anything out of the ordinary in order to prepare the tablets for injection, or did you just dissolve in cold water and filter like you would any other pill? Yes of course I understand the dangers of injecting pills, but I crossed that line years ago. Thanks for any help you can offer.