• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Isolated 7-OH-Mitragynine products are beginning to hit the market (!...?)

The more I learn about chemistry in my free time, the more I regret not having studied it. I'd be sitting in a lab after working hours, isolate all the alkaloids of the poppy plant and study them, try to find ways to synthesize novel opioids, enhancing qualities such as euphoria and duration of action, etc.
Such a fascinating science.
Instead I studied bland finance :cautious::sleep:

The more I learn about chemistry in my free time, the more I regret not having studied it. I'd be sitting in a lab after working hours, isolate all the alkaloids of the poppy plant and study them, try to find ways to synthesize novel opioids, enhancing qualities such as euphoria and duration of action, etc.
It's never to late, you aren't dead yet

I'm certain that the Japanese team that studied the alkaloids in kratom would have carried out animal models of toxicity. That it appears to be self-limiting due to it's side-effect profile is possibly a good thing it terms of kratom's legal status.

But until you know what's actually in those tablets, it's hard to know exactly what produced the subjective effects. I do know that the kratom alkaloids were considered too toxic to be used as medicines.

As I noted, eseroline is another potential 'natural' opiate BUT it showed toxicity in animal models. I only mentioned it because if people are prepared to sell one compound considered too toxic to be used medically (but which is currently legal in many nations) then I cannot help thinking they would be just as happy to sell another. Physostigma venenosum (calabar bean) appears to grow in many climates... I wouldn't touch it, but some people fixate of 'legal' much more than 'safe'.

I do know that the kratom alkaloids were considered too toxic to be used as medicines.
Some labs are researching mitragynine analogs as potential painkillers, and I’ve come across a few recent publications. One issue with natural Kratom alkaloids is their inhibition of CYP450. But IMO, the key point is that these are natural products that would compete with modern, fully synthetic opioids, as well as with more traditional semi-synthetic opioid pharmaceuticals (such as morphine and thebaine derivatives). That 'situation' is clearly not be ideal for pharmaceutical companies, even if they have the distinct advantage of not inducing β-arrestin recruitment.

I wish I could try pure 7-OH and mitragynine but in the EU it's so hard to fine anything but powder or mediocre extracts.
At the same time, I’m concerned that an inexperienced user might end up in the ER, leading the media to advocate for stricter regulations (AKA we definitely have to ban this dangerous opioid to protect the children).

If they are producing analogs, I would presume they are synthesizing them and so they would still require the same stringent testing as any other medicine. Their are already opioids undergoing clinical trials that do not produce beta-arrestin recruitment,

It doesn't mean the study of mitragynine might not still produce something of utility because the pharmacore is so unusual:

If they are producing analogs, I would presume they are synthesizing them and so they would still require the same stringent testing as any other medicine. Their are already opioids undergoing clinical trials that do not produce beta-arrestin recruitment,

It doesn't mean the study of mitragynine might not still produce something of utility because the pharmacore is so unusual:

Where can I find info about those opioids that don't induce beta arrestin? That's interesting

Yeah I don't know if a mitragynine analog will ever be commercialized by pharmaceutical companies. But it's definitely an interesting compound that probably has a lot to teach us.
I just want kratom to be legal and available to anyone who needs it (like myself). Ideally with much better quality control, but one can dream.

I feel like the current trend is to develop painkillers that don’t function like traditional opioids, as both doctors and the public have grown wary of opioids due to the risk of physical dependency and hardcore addiction. So if they want a new 'blockbuster' compound they probably need to market something different.

It's never to late, you aren't dead yet
Yeah I'm currently contacting different labs to see if there is a passionate chemist who would be willing to teach me chemistry in his free time. Ideally learning by doing. I'd even pay money if he wants. Unfortunately there is no such thing as Citizen Science here in Germany. Let's see if one of those labs answers me back...

In the US at some schools you can audit courses meaning you get to sit in class for free but no exams, no grade, and no credit towards a degree. Its helpful to know the basics because chemistry is way more than just lab work

Yeah I'm currently contacting different labs to see if there is a passionate chemist who would be willing to teach me chemistry in his free time. Ideally learning by doing. I'd even pay money if he wants. Unfortunately there is no such thing as Citizen Science here in Germany. Let's see if one of those labs answers me back...
You might get lucky if you know someone but I doubt a regular lab would let you do experiments if you haven't learned the basics (for obvious security reasons).
That being said, you can learn a lot on youtube. I remember a pretty good channel called "the organic chemistry tutor", he has videos explaining all the basics.

So, I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that pure 7-OH by itself is not for everyone. It's a very very potent opioid, that is no doubt. However, it's missing certain qualities that made me enjoy kratom through the years.

It is almost completely devoid of mental euphoria that you get from other kratom alkaloids, it doesn't have motivation or antidepressant properties. It is mostly physically euphoric and powerfully analgesic. Neither does it possess the mental euphoria that other opioids have like oxy or heroin. It's not quite as empty as fentanyl, but leans in that direction.

I would only really recommend it to people who have actual pain issues, or if you want an extra kick to your regular kratom. It would also be considerably better for withdrawal from other opioids than kratom powder. You could probably switch from heroin or fentanyl to this stuff with zero withdrawals at all.

Withdrawals from 7-OH are likely to be just as bad as real opioids. If one were to manage to become addicted to kratom powder AND 7-OH, I'd wager the withdrawals are truly nightmarish.

For the average person, I think the best way to use it would be in small doses around 2.5-10mg, and adding it to your favorite kratom strains. This creates a much more balanced and euphoric effect.

By itself it's really "missing" something... when comparing it to kratom on a whole.

I just combined 7.5mg with 4g of a good white strain... pretty amazing high... probably the best kratom high I can imagine. Much more euphoric than 15mg of 7-OH by itself.

Last edited:
The pharmacore is fascinating. That the D-ring being so sensitive to modification is interesting and of particular interest (to me) is the presence of a C=C bond which hints that pi-bonding is important. People will have noted that things like allylprodine and 14-cinnamyloxycodone (and a few others) all REQUIRE that C=C for their vastly increased activity.

Why? Because it acts like a fragment of an aromatic-ring.

www.udemy.com

Just to add up a few more things:

Muscle relaxation was very prominent and noticeable, possibly more than other opioids. Hard to compare.

Typical opioid side effects were also noted. Dizziness, nausea, and constipation (nothing too bad, but I did notice all 3 at certain points). It also comes with a few unique side effects of it's own, as I noted earlier.

Just to add up a few more things:

Muscle relaxation was very prominent and noticeable, possibly more than other opioids. Hard to compare.

Typical opioid side effects were also noted. Dizziness, nausea, and constipation (nothing too bad, but I did notice all 3 at certain points). It also comes with a few unique side effects of it's own, as I noted earlier.
Any urinary retention?