• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Isolated 7-OH-Mitragynine products are beginning to hit the market (!...?)

Whose name is on the COA?

BTW If you are well versed in kratom then I will take your word for it.

Whose name is on the COA?
the COA was done by https://mb-labs.com/

they do a lot of kratom COAs, one of the more trusted labs in the US that do them

if you mean who submitted the sample, not sure, that part is cut off, only unidentifiable info left with 5/23 as the date it was tested

I only know it was MB labs because the background/watermark on the COA image is from them

Well, first impression, it's a clean product but duration/potency leaves something to be desired. It feels like if you extracted only the traditional opioid effects from kratom's spectrum of effects and put it into a pill. There is very little to no stimulation, it's what you would expect from a traditional opioid. The duration is surprisingly, well actually unsurprisingly short. It has a similar duration to kratom itself.

T+0:15 - first effects noticed, that familiar opioid warmth and relaxation
T+0:60 - ah, there it is, I feel like I've taken an opioid. It's a clean feeling, like really good kratom but with a lot of effects stripped out, much less side effects/body load
T+0:90 - peak
T+3:00 - effects fading rapidly
T+4:00 - effects mostly gone
T+5:00 - withdrawal has begun, but feels less jarring for some reason

The duration is almost identical to kratom powder itself, but actually shorter because the first pass metabolism is already done for you...

I need to play around with it more. I only took half, I wanted to take the whole thing but decided to gauge it's potency/duration first by waiting until I was back in withdrawal.

I'm not exactly super impressed, but not disappointed either.

I will say that kratom itself, both powder and regular extracts, have been giving me some pretty bad side effects lately, and this product did not. That in itself makes it desirable for me. NAC has also been blunting kratom euphoria for me recently, and this was blunted too. Is it worth the price to the average person? Maybe, maybe not. You certainly get more "bang for your buck" with a traditional full spectrum extract. This is not stimulating and lacks that type of euphoria. It's pure analgesia and relaxation.

I need to try upping the dose or another product before coming to any sort of conclusion.

This will probably shine a lot more if taken with a small-ish dose of good kratom powder.

Last edited:
Well, first impression, it's a clean product but duration/potency leaves something to be desired. It feels like if you extracted only the traditional opioid effects from kratom's spectrum of effects and put it into a pill. There is very little to no stimulation, it's what you would expect from a traditional opioid. The duration is surprisingly, well actually unsurprisingly short. It has a similar duration to kratom itself.

T+0:15 - first effects noticed, that familiar opioid warmth and relaxation
T+0:60 - ah, there it is, I feel like I've taken an opioid. It's a clean feeling, like really good kratom but with a lot of effects stripped out, much less side effects/body load
T+0:90 - peak
T+3:00 - effects fading rapidly
T+4:00 - effects mostly gone
T+5:00 - withdrawal has begun, but feels less jarring for some reason

The duration is almost identical to kratom powder itself, but actually shorter because the first pass metabolism is already done for you...

I need to play around with it more. I only took half, I wanted to take the whole thing but decided to gauge it's potency/duration first by waiting until I was back in withdrawal.

I'm not exactly super impressed, but not disappointed either.

I will say that kratom itself, both powder and regular extracts, have been giving me some pretty bad side effects lately, and this product did not. That in itself makes it desirable for me. NAC has also been blunting kratom euphoria for me recently, and this was blunted too. Is it worth the price to the average person? Maybe, maybe not. You certainly get more "bang for your buck" with a traditional full spectrum extract. This is not stimulating and lacks that type of euphoria. It's pure analgesia and relaxation.

I need to try upping the dose or another product before coming to any sort of conclusion.

This will probably shine a lot more if taken with a small-ish dose of good kratom powder.
Muy interesante 💜

I notice they charge $96 for 'potency' and $80 extra to test for metals in kratom extract.

I note multiple sources mention manganese and lead being found in high levels. Now I already pointed out that tetracetyl lead was one of the published routes and mentioned that manganese acetate was likely to be an option.

But IF we have 7-OH Mitragynine producers lurking, that patent I mentioned uses acetone/Oxone which would be vastly safer.

Obviously I didn't ask price but from what you suggest, it's NOT cheap.

In a way that suggests it's authentic... well, the mitragynine is. That extra step... likely not.

Obviously I didn't ask price but from what you suggest, it's NOT cheap.
Compared to kratom powder itself, which is extremely cheap per dose for a "drug", no it's not cheap.

It is about the same price as most kratom extracts. They aren't terribly expensive if you do not have tolerance, but if you're addicted to the extracts the hole in your wallet is around the same price as if you were addicted to any other street drug.

I took the other half of the pill with 2g of a nice chocolate fermented red strain. It nicely rounds out the effects, but that's stating the obvious.

The extract shot that supposedly only contained 7-OH was a lie. It very clearly also had a considerable amount of mitragynine in it, and felt almost identical to an OPMS black shot, but more sedating. Probably just has a higher ratio of 7-OH than OPMS black.

I have more of the pills landing today. Will take a full pill, or two, to truly gauge it's potential.

If kratom is banned, no doubt eseroline extracted from the calabar bean will pop up. The calabar bean actually contains the toxin physostigmine (eserine) but deprotection of the phenol yields an active more potent than morphine.

Of course, shoddy chemistry here leaves a nerve agent...

I really want to know what compound in kratom gives the energetic feeling. I don't think its mitragynine, I haven't noticed a correlation with mit and energy levels and it sounds like it definitely isn't 7-OH-mit

Yeah, and that's what I'm afraid of. This country does not need an echo of the opioid crisis in easily accessible headshops. That will get kratom banned at hyperspeed.

Mitragynine has a built in overdose safety - wobbles, nausea, dysphoria, if you take too much or abuse it.

Isolated 7-OH might not have that safety net. Kids nodding out at school on this stuff would not be good.
Are you familiar with the ZaZa, Tianna, Pegasus, or TD brand bottles? They come in various “colors” like Green, Red, White, Silver. It’s intended to seem like Kratom, but it has Tianeptine Sodium, Combretum Quadrangular Leaf, Piper Methystricum (Kava Kava - if you get the “red” strain), Alpha GPC (white strain), or Phenibut (silver).

They FLY off the shelves. In NC, they were insanely popular and when I would run out of tianeptine sodium powder I would buy them myself. Each bottle has an unknown amount of Tianeptine because it’s all a proprietary blend. The silvers were especially nasty because people would develop of Phenibut dependence along with Tianeptine.

Alright, so 30mg was too much. I would consider that in overdose territory in terms of the side effects that came out (I am 6'0" 184lbs). Not dangerous overdose, but a literal overdose in it was simply overboard in terms of dosing and somewhat derailed the experience. Side effects are basically the same I get from any kratom product in high doses, but a more narrow selection of them to a higher degree.

7-OH very clearly acts as an a2 adrenal agonist at higher doses. There was no stimulation at lower doses, but it was very noticeable and problematic at 30mg, caused a pretty heavy body load. Other than that, very mild dysphoria during the comedown, probably from KOR or 5HT2a antagonism activity.

It was a very strong experience and not one that I want to repeat any time soon. Both recreational and functional doses are likely in the range of 5-20mg.

I had taken 7.5mg 7-OH + 2g of kratom, then the pills showed up and I impulsively ate an additional 22.5mg. So 30mg plus a little kratom, spaced out by about 80 minutes.

Hour 1-2 - I was nodding, very robust opioid effects. Droopy eyes, slowly blinking, nodding, everything. It was very euphoric, but then adrenaline hit.
Hour 3-4 - I still felt the opioid effect, but stimulation took over which stopped my ability to just chill out and enjoy it. No anxiety, I just have a ton of energy and don't feel like nodding. I started cleaning the house and doing other random shit. I had to burn off some adrenaline, so I went for a 3 mile jog (not the best idea). My body was numb.
Hour 4-6 - I feel more chill. As the opioid and stimulatory effects slowly fade away, a very pleasurable physical euphoria and heavy sedation takes place. My body was tingling, and I felt very sedated. I probably could have dozed off, but stayed awake. Serotonergic or KOR side effects also seemed to be happening (hard to describe, the first time I closed my eyes I experienced a weird rush sensation, which pulsated more tingling, but did not happen again after).
Hour 6-8 - "The comedown", most of the euphoria is gone by now, I'm not really high anymore. Mild dysphoria and residual stimulation is still there. Boring limbo period. Not that pleasant, but not that bad either.
Hour 8-9 - I'm mostly sober now, most side effects have gone, mostly back to baseline. Not in withdrawal yet, though.
Hour 10+ - Withdrawal signs started to hint at their presence. Mild muscle soreness. Judging by the pace, I probably wouldn't be in full blown withdrawal for another few hours.

During hour 3-4 I became hot and started sweating. This is not that unusual for me, I sweat a lot naturally and am temperature sensitive. Probably happened due to the adrenergic effect. There was no tachycardia or other worrying symptoms.

Last edited:
Alright, so 30mg was too much. I would consider that in overdose territory in terms of the side effects that came out (I am 6'0" 184lbs). Not dangerous overdose, but a literal overdose in it was simply overboard in terms of dosing and somewhat derailed the experience. Side effects are basically the same I get from any kratom product in high doses, but a more narrow selection of them to a higher degree.

7-OH very clearly acts as an a2 adrenal agonist at higher doses. There was no stimulation at lower doses, but it was very noticeable and problematic at 30mg, caused a pretty heavy body load. Other than that, very mild dysphoria during the comedown, probably from 5HT2a antagonism activity.

It was a very strong experience and not one that I want to repeat any time soon. Both recreational and functional doses are likely in the range of 5-20mg.

I had taken 7.5mg 7-OH + 2g of kratom, then the pills showed up and I impulsively ate an additional 22.5mg. So 30mg plus a little kratom, spaced out by about 80 minutes.

Hour 1-2 - I was nodding, very robust opioid effects. Droopy eyes, slowly blinking, nodding, everything. It was very euphoric, but then adrenaline hit.
Hour 3-4 - I still felt the opioid effect, but stimulation took over which stopped my ability to just chill out and enjoy it. No anxiety, I just have a ton of energy and don't feel like nodding. I started cleaning the house and doing other random shit. I had to burn off some adrenaline, so I went for a 3 mile jog (not the best idea). My body was numb.
Hour 4-6 - I feel more chill. As the opioid and stimulatory effects slowly fade away, a very pleasurable physical euphoria and heavy sedation takes place. My body was tingling, and I felt very sedated. I probably could have dozed off, but stayed awake. Serotonergic side effects also seemed to be happening (hard to describe).
Hour 6-8 - "The comedown", most of the euphoria is gone by now, I'm not really high anymore. Mild dysphoria and residual stimulation is still there. Boring limbo period. Not that pleasant, but not that bad either.
Hour 8-9 - I'm mostly sober now, most side effects have gone, mostly back to baseline. Not in withdrawal yet, though.
Hour 10+ - Withdrawal signs started to hint at their presence. Mild muscle soreness. Judging by the pace, I probably wouldn't be in full blown withdrawal for another few hours.

During hour 3-4 I became hot and started sweating. This is not that unusual for me, I sweat a lot naturally and am temperature sensitive. Probably happened due to the adrenergic effect. There was no tachycardia or other worrying symptoms.
What is your opioid tolerance like?

Are you familiar with the ZaZa, Tianna, Pegasus, or TD brand bottles? They come in various “colors” like Green, Red, White, Silver. It’s intended to seem like Kratom, but it has Tianeptine Sodium, Combretum Quadrangular Leaf, Piper Methystricum (Kava Kava - if you get the “red” strain), Alpha GPC (white strain), or Phenibut (silver).

They FLY off the shelves. In NC, they were insanely popular and when I would run out of tianeptine sodium powder I would buy them myself. Each bottle has an unknown amount of Tianeptine because it’s all a proprietary blend. The silvers were especially nasty because people would develop of Phenibut dependence along with Tianeptine.
Yes. I have plenty of experience with tianeptine, phenibut and kava.

I have never purchased zaza or any of those brands, I only buy those 3 online.

I do not like any of them, though. Tianeptine and kava just don't agree with my chemistry, and phenibut always gets me into trouble so I stay away from it.

7-OH very clearly acts as an a2 adrenal agonist at higher doses. There was no stimulation at lower doses, but it was very noticeable and problematic at 30mg, caused a pretty heavy body load. Other than that, very mild dysphoria during the comedown, probably from 5HT2a antagonism activity.

Hour 4-6 - I feel more chill. As the opioid and stimulatory effects slowly fade away, a very pleasurable physical euphoria and heavy sedation takes place. My body was tingling, and I felt very sedated. I probably could have dozed off, but stayed awake. Serotonergic side effects also seemed to be happening (hard to describe).

What makes you think the dysphoria is related to 5ht2a?

What makes you think the dysphoria is related to 5ht2a?
Just a guess, because it feels vaguely similar to anhedonia from antipsychotics. I don't really know how else to describe it or anything else to compare it to.

That or maybe it's action on Kappa opioid receptors? I don't know.

I would guess kappa because of the kappa antagonism. My assumption is that its a rebound from the receptors being upregulated but I'm not sure, I don't recall reading about serotonergic effects of kratom alkaloids

Kappa is hugely involved in anhedonia, I experience it all the time when withdrawing from kratom and there's a decent body of literature on kappa and anhedonia

But I'm also biased lol

These pills seem to be somewhat unevenly dosed and/or are not uniform. Judging by the fact that the COA found 15.9mg in a 15mg pill, they probably are not manufactured very professionally. Leaves me a little concerned about how they are made and potential toxic byproducts @AlsoTapered

I'm still not totally sure what to think about them yet. It's novel enough, and definitely a cleaner high than regular extracts, with much more pronounced opioid effects.

15mg is a much more manageable dose, with much less side effects, and a similar amount of analgesia. I'm also nodding from 15mg. Much better experience than 30mg.