• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is oxycodone anything like xanax?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello people,
I was wondering of oxy high is anything like xanax?
I was planning to try oxy for a long time now. My girlfriend took xanax today for the first time. 2mg green pill. It was her first drug experience ever. No weed or even alcohol before. I told her not to take it but she still decided to do it.
So here's what happened today:
She took it in school, the whole 2mg pill, not knowing or believing anyone how strong it is. From the stories of her friends and what i saw myself, she got REALLY FUCKED UP. She couldn't walk or talk properly. She totally embarrassed herself and was spilling water, slurring, and doing all the stuff i wouldn't usually do it. I met her after school and gave her 2 caffeine pills and a red bull. It still took her about 4 more hours to sober up! oh and she didn't remember ANYTHING after! She thought she was acting 'totally normal' throughout the whole thing, which was really the opposite.

So i know both oxy and xanax are downers. I was wondering if oxy is anything like xanax? because i definitely wouldn't wanna act the way my gf did.
Does it give you slurred speech and mess up your coordination? does it make you do something stupid and not remember it after? i also heard that oxy ACTUALLY gives you euphoria. if there are any other similarities or differences i would appreciate if you guys told me.
Thank you

TL; DR: does oxy give u slurred speech and mess up your coordination like xanax does? does it make you do stupid things that u wouldn't usually do and not remember them after?

Yes oxy can be very intoxicating. Don't do drugs in school

Edit: I'll clarify oxy is an opiate while Xanax is a benzodiazapine. Both are powerful drugs that should not be abused.

Yes oxy can be very intoxicating. Don't do drugs in school

Edit: I'll clarify oxy is an opiate while Xanax is a benzodiazapine. Both are powerful drugs that should not be abused.

I am not trying to take it in school. I wanted to take 5-10mg at home. And i never really heard stories of people getting fucked on oxy, doing stupid shit and blacking out..

I am not trying to take it in school. I wanted to take 5-10mg at home. And i never really heard stories of people getting fucked on oxy, doing stupid shit and blacking out..

UTFSE. These are very basic questions.

I won't tell you how to live your life, but it's a terrible idea to start using these drugs for recreation (of that's the intended purpose). Just get some cannabis if you're somewhere weed legal. More fun with less chance to ruin your life.

i did look it up. cant find anything about oxy being intoxicating. and weed just makes me freak out and i never enjoy it

Depends on how you define intoxicating. You'll not black out on a tiny dose of Oxy from anything I know. Of course if you take a lot and you're not opiate tolerant then...

i am talking about slurred speech, trouble walking, doing and saying stupid shit, and not realizing that ur fucked up.

i did look it up. cant find anything about oxy being intoxicating. and weed just makes me freak out and i never enjoy it

You won't have the kind of coordination or amnesia issues that you'll have with benzodiazepines.

She thought she was acting 'totally normal' throughout the whole thing, which was really the opposite.

While some of us may scoff at the idea of somebody not knowing the difference between an opioid and a benzo, your observation about the effects of benzos (how they don't make you realize how f'ed up you really are) is one that many of us (including myself) usually make way too late, so... congratulations, I guess :)

Anyway, opioids are more euphoric, but carry a much higher risk of overdosing. In fact it is almost impossible to die from an overdose of benzodiazepines by themselves because the sedating effects do not scale linearly with the dose... you'd probably need several hundred Xanax bars at once to make yourself stop breathing. However, combining opioids and benzos greatly increases the risk of OD'ing.

I probably don't need to tell you that opioids are extremely addictive. Xanax, on the other hand, has a moderate to high risk of addiction (depending on whether you're a naturally anxious person). You probably also know that opioid withdrawal can be hell on earth, and will make you wish you were dead. Benzodiazepine withdrawal, on the other hand, is hell in hell, and can actually kill you, so quitting a high-dose benzo habit requires gradual tapering.

Does that info help you?

Last edited:
like others said oxy isn't nearly as intoxicating but don't bother with it, at some point you will probably regret it. Anyone can do drugs, no one can undo drugs

i am talking about slurred speech, trouble walking, doing and saying stupid shit, and not realizing that ur fucked up.

Tried it on two occasions in the past. First time was at 10mg oral, second was about 5mg oral and 5mg insufflated. People on other forums claimed that lower to moderate doses made them energetic, however for myself this wasn't the case. 10mg oral gave me slight euphoria, and feelings of tranquility and some sedation -- but not to the extent that I was chair-bound. Whilst 5mg oral w/ 5mg insufflated gave me the same level euphoria and tranquility but with more sedation, to the point that I just nodded off and went to sleep in my bed, didn't even have the energy to keep on gaming like I had been. Anxiety killer too. Oh, and their is a slightly dull physical sensation in your upper chest, exactly like Bali Kratom. Food also tasted weird on it, but keep in mind eating an hour after or before taking the Oxy orally will increase the absorption and effect due to the first-pass-effect.

> Some trouble walking solely at higher doses but only due to the sedation of the opiate, not any sort of intoxicating effect ('drunk' feelings and actions) -- i.e. what certain hypnotic benzos and alcohol cause you to feel. Intoxication vs. sedation are similar feelings yet distinct, although tbh the feelings from each aren't the same. There was also virtually no slurred speech as there is no real intoxicating effect with Oxy. No amnesia or anything of the sort.
> Didn't make me do or say any sort of stupid shit. It did however make me snappish and irascible around others, which apparently isn't all that uncommon: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-435902-p-2.html. Although I still wouldn't count this as 'doing or saying stupid shit'.
> I still felt a bit fucked up on it. The only effect reminiscent of a Xanax was the sensation of 'motion blur' when I turned my head, although this was only slight on Oxy.

Overall it was pretty good but still not as good as I had read about it, can easily see someone becoming addicted to it however, just because of how recreational it is. If I bought more I would fear I'd be taking it whenever I was feeling bad and/or when gaming or using the internet or whatever...

Last edited:
oxycodone and xanax are nothing alike, in terms of 'effects'. I mean, yes they are both CNS depressants (downers), but being intoxicated on alprazolam is a whole different ball field from oxycodone/opiates. On opiates, as long as your dose isn't too high, most people will not even know you're under the influence. The problem with that is they make you feel so much better doing anything that you start to believe that you can be a functional opiate addict (because you can/could if it were legal), and you start taking them more frequently, which will eventually result in physical dependence, and that's the beginning of 'the end' of you life as a normal person.

oxycodone and xanax are nothing alike, in terms of 'effects'. I mean, yes they are both CNS depressants (downers), but being intoxicated on alprazolam is a whole different ball field from oxycodone/opiates. On opiates, as long as your dose isn't too high, most people will not even know you're under the influence. The problem with that is they make you feel so much better doing anything that you start to believe that you can be a functional opiate addict (because you can/could if it were legal), and you start taking them more frequently, which will eventually result in physical dependence, and that's the beginning of 'the end' of you life as a normal person.

lol.

very informative yet accurate.

Thanks! That's what i wanted to hear! haha
I might take it and go to the movies with my gf or something. I hope i wont't fall asleep, throw up, or anything like that

You probably will. Take it at home with a friend nearby in case you overdose. You're better off watching Netflix or playing video games.

You probably will. Take it at home with a friend nearby in case you overdose. You're better off watching Netflix or playing video games.
i will fall asleep from 5-10mg oxy? really?
i did some research on this forum and alot of people say oxy in small doses sorta stimulates you and makes you outgoing, is that right?

It affects every one different. In my opinion all opiates are sedating just some less than others like oxycodone vs morphine. For those experienced it may seem stimulating, but to those who don't use it's sedating.

i will fall asleep from 5-10mg oxy? really?
i did some research on this forum and alot of people say oxy in small doses sorta stimulates you and makes you outgoing, is that right?

it's more likely you'll throw up than fall asleep.
just saying.

Anything i can do to prevent that? What helps with nausea?

This is true people, strangely, there's such thing as 'environmental tolerance' (or it's called something like that). People are more likely to OD if they're in a new environment or situation. Anyway, I'm going to move this to BDD.