• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is oxycodone anything like xanax?

This is true people, strangely, there's such thing as 'environmental tolerance' (or it's called something like that). People are more likely to OD if they're in a new environment or situation. Anyway, I'm going to move this to BDD.

u guys are making me not wanna take it :(((
ill only take 5-7mg. normal medical dose. how can i overdose or throw up from that?

Vomiting is a real possibility because opioids can make you nauseated. Even after having used it regularly for over a year, when I was using H I'd puke every once in a while.

"Passing out" completely at that dose is unlikely, but if you've never done opioids 5mgs of oxycodone can make you "nod", an effect of opioids that causes you to VERY briefly lose consciousness and regain it again over and over again at the peak of your high (this effect and pinpoint pupils will be the biggest giveaways to observers that you are intoxicated, rather than doing/saying stupid things etc)

I get the feeling this guy and his girlfriend are in high school as they are completely drug newbies, even alcohol for her and doing things in school (away from parents and wandering the halls) and by the way things are being referenced....I seriously dont think anyone should be telling this dude to do ANY amount of Oxy, period, if they are that young. All the worry about throwing up and falling asleep are very juvenile things to be focused on with worry....Im pretty sure as far as harm reduction goes we should be telling him they should put their parents drugs down and hang out at the movies or the mall sober....

I get the feeling this guy and his girlfriend are in high school as they are completely drug newbies, even alcohol for her and doing things in school (away from parents and wandering the halls) and by the way things are being referenced....I seriously dont think anyone should be telling this dude to do ANY amount of Oxy, period, if they are that young. All the worry about throwing up and falling asleep are very juvenile things to be focused on with worry....Im pretty sure as far as harm reduction goes we should be telling him they should put their parents drugs down and hang out at the movies or the mall sober....

i am 20 and my gf is 18.
can you really nod from 5mg? its just a regular medical dose. my mom took it once before and didnt nod at all

As other people posted they're two different drugs. Xanax is a benzo, and Oxycodone is an opiate.

Yes you can nod from only 5mg of Oxycodone taken orally. Especially if you have never taken opiates before, or you have a low or non-existent tolerance.

When you use oxycodone do not take more than 10mg at once unless you want to get a tolerance and possibly become addicted, and keep it to a rare occasion if you decide to use it. Don't combine oxycodone, hydrocodone, or codeine with alcohol or any benzo like Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc. as a lot of people have died from these combinations.

Smoking herb on them is fine and a great combination as they combine and you get super high from both especially if you smoke an Indica on opiates.

u guys are making me not wanna take it :(((
ill only take 5-7mg. normal medical dose. how can i overdose or throw up from that?
It's honestly not likely, by just don't start. It's not good for you unless you are managing severe chronic pain that non drug methods like massage won't treat.

It's honestly not likely, by just don't start. It's not good for you unless you are managing severe chronic pain that non drug methods like massage won't treat.

thats what i wanted to hear lol. thanks!

Controlled substances are illegal to POSSESS without a prescription. But these are only the prescribed drugs the DEA is interested in, like narcotics, tranquilizers, and the like. The DEA doesn't care about antibiotics, antidepressants, blood pressure pills, statins, or generally anything that isn't addictive.

I did Xanax a couple time and oxy either a couple time and they are way different!
Mixing them can be fatal !

Sometimes the naiveness of people when it comes to drugs makes me?. Some people dont know or respect the true power of drugs. Esp pharma shit. This shit can bring everything down on top of you and people have know idea what there getting into until its too late. Like talons on your neck that wont let go. Doesnt happen to every single person but its definitely a chance you take.

^That's for sure. I much prefer street drugs for fun and recreation and keep pharmaceutical meds for health conditions. I'm addicted to opioids atm by way of Suboxone but plan to go back onto full agonists again to try and control my pain.

OP, a good starting dose for oxycodone is 10-20mgs, but if you're planning on taking 5mgs then good for you, do so to get a feel for it but yes everyone saying DON'T DO IT come from a place of experience. It's such an easy drug to take daily but your tolerance to the drug grows very quickly ime. Once 20mgs stops producing a high or mood lift then its time to stop. Start again in a few months time if you wish but going beyond that dose makes life harder and harder to handle. Take care.

This is for the OP. I did skip to the end after reading the first few posts but I felt compelled. If what I am about to say has already been said, forgive me as I'm new here.

You are obviously a kid. I was a teenager once and I remember what it was like, what it felt like, etc. However, I want you to really, really think HARD about the life choices you're making right now. Painkillers, especially ones as strong as Oxy, should NEVER be used by anyone who isn't suffering from severe chronic pain. I should know because I myself suffer debilitating pain on a daily basis. I'm disabled because of it.

I digress. The main thing I wanted to say is this. Six weeks ago, I had to travel out of state to bury someone who was my best friend for many, many years. She and I knew each other for over 30 years. And I will never see her again because she was addicted to Oxy and the like. It completely consumed her. Her dad, who was like a second father to me, will have to remember finding his daughter dead on their living room couch in a house they'd lived in for 40 years. He wept when he saw me. He wept when he told me how he tried so hard to resuscitate her. We both wept. She was my best friend and I will never see her again.

Again, I apologize if something similar had already been said. But I have kids myself, two grown and one teenager and all I could think when I read his post was, "Dude don't ruin your life over wanting a stupid high."

Edited to say that if you MUST. If you must do drugs. Wait until you are grown and out of school. Get a job and be responsible and live a little bit before you make such a big decision. It's my hope that you won't ever touch the stuff.

Oxy and Xanax are very different, in that the intoxication is not the same whatsoever, and Benzos are technically more dangerous to withdraw from.

If it's your first time doing oxy, do it with a half tab of gravol. it will help with the nausea, make the experience a little more pleasurable.

Benzodiazapines are VERY addictive though, and the possibility of going cold turkey off of benzo's could be potentially life threatening, (seizures, etc) Benzo Addiction is very similar to alcohol addiction. I think it'd be harder for me to get off my Clonazepam 4mg daily script than methadone. IME/O

oxycodone and xanax are nothing alike, in terms of 'effects'. I mean, yes they are both CNS depressants (downers), but being intoxicated on alprazolam is a whole different ball field from oxycodone/opiates. On opiates, as long as your dose isn't too high, most people will not even know you're under the influence. The problem with that is they make you feel so much better doing anything that you start to believe that you can be a functional opiate addict (because you can/could if it were legal), and you start taking them more frequently, which will eventually result in physical dependence, and that's the beginning of 'the end' of you life as a normal person.

Nicely stated

I thought xanax isnt as addictive as oxy cuz people say theres no euphoria. What exactly makes the feeling that xanax gives addictive?

In my experience:
Similar to other opiates, oxy sends a pleasantly warming sensation of physical comfort through the body. The mindset seems to be one of apathy, in which I would feel distanced and depersonalised from issues that would otherwise be somewhat troubling. Physical pain and psychological worry seems to just fade away and it is possible to slip into a calm, dreamy stupor of sorts. People can remain quite coherent and functional however, as these effects tend to just work in the background, so to speak.

Xanax relaxes the body to some degree, but I believe the effects to be more cerebral, psychological. Like other benzos, inhibitions are lowered, slow-motion speech and a harmonious feeling of acceptance or tolerance with people and circumstances that may otherwise cause anxiety, stress and other negative emotion. It is definitely a feeling that someone can get used to quite easily.

I guess both drugs can cause a sense of euphoria, depending on your definition of the word and they are both very physically addictive. One does not really substitute for the other though, they are two very different compounds.

5-10mg is quite unlikely to make you vomit or have much risk IMO. But as others have said, just don't start with this stuff. It's HIGHLY addictive. On par with heroin, IME.

It's HIGHLY addictive. On par with heroin, IME.

I agree. My nephew is an addict and opiates are his drug of choice. He'd rather have heroin I believe but oxy will do in a pinch for him. Maybe vice versa, either way shit's not anything to play with for sure

Edited because I'm a derp.