• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it possible to never have a bad LSD trip?

I don't disagree... that is why I included the naiveté part. I didn't say "bad trips" were not possible. Just that the definition is wrong.

well, I don't want to be technical to the point of sounding like an ass or anything, the point i was trying to get across is that definition is not wrong - for those people - rather, specific definitions of a bad trip are only applicable to certain people

I've never had a bad trip on any psychedelic. And I've taken doses high enough to stun a charging rhinocerous. It all depends how well you know yourself. If you know yourself there's nothing to be scared of.

I suppose an analogy would be like someone who just watched "Nightmare on Elm Street" saying to me "Dude, you are bound to be scared by a horror movie at some time in your life because I was". I just don't find horror films scary and there's no way on fucking earth they could ever be scary. Same thing with psychedelics. You just need a little insight into your emotions.

Last edited:
i also have taken pretty much every psychadelic that is on this planet with no "bad trips"... as for acid; i've taken it on all types of moods, sad angry depressed and was okay but thats because mentally i knew what i was commiting to... just make sure when u take a psychadelic you understand the commitment and know your feelings, i dont care what ne one says you can absolutely talk urself out of a possible "bad trip" on LSD.... but like Ismene said you have to know yourself and be conscious of your feelings

i think when people have bad acid trips its just because it is too overwelming, as opposed to bad trips on other drugs where they get negative vibes and such

i've eaten acid a lot and i can honestly say i have never had a completely bad trip. i have had some situations that are very intense/confusing and hard to deal with but i have always managed to somewhat maintain control of myself. i went to a lotus (band) show last year on some extremely potent doses with some other guys and everyone was so much more spun than we had anticipated. everyone got separated and the visuals were so out of control that i thought everyone around me was noticing me tripping balls. i have never been as close to a freak out as i was that night (which went on into the next day :\)

Done it for about 13 years and never experienced a "bad trip"... And again I would say, that what I might not think as a bad trip, others maybe would... For some a Bad trip is too much hallucinating, mind bending experiences and tripping for many hours.. I would like it like that all the time! :)

I don't believe in the notion of a "bad" or "good" trip as I had personally transcended duality on my third mushroom trip.

but seriously I can have difficult times in psychedelic trips that could turn from turmoil to divine realization in the matter of 8 minutes. I can't describe it as light switch on or off good or bad but ive had euphoric trips that ended sketchily and i've also had anxious trips turn to self affirming and beautiful trips.

to ALWAYS find joy and beauty in LSD without ever getting into fearful and negative states of mine I feel is very possible though :)

I've eaten LOADS of LSD and I've never had a bad trip. I've gotten really freaked out before while on acid, but I was always able to get it under control. I did see a girl have a bad trip once though. I think setting has a lot to do with it also.

WP

I've been tripping on & off for about 18 years now. I agree with most of the other folks posts. Nothing for me really classified as a bad trip. But I can recall 2 times being uncomfortable:

1 time-scared, setting & people I did not know real well.
the other time- Dox (I think) very overwelming & lasted 4-ever.

"To fathom Hell or soar angelic, take a pinch of psychedelic" - Aldous Huxley.

I think Huxley was right. I've had my bad and good trips, but the real good trips always far outweigh any negative thing i've ever experienced on psychedelics.

Never is a long time so I really couldn't say for sure. I have - as it so happens - taken acid for a long time too. Not forever though. But so far that would be more acid than most folks will ever see in a lifetime and have never had firsthand experience of anything that I would call a "bad trip". I - like many longterm users I suspect - kinda fail to see what the concept of a bad trip is relevant to really. It's just a mixture of anti-drug propaganda and naiveté regarding the psychedelic experience in general, in my opinion. No such thing, I'd say.

trips are massive mood amplifications and in that respect they can certainly be bad and make you feel terrible.

I've had uncomfortable times, that around my group of friends we would call 'bad trips'. I find with acid you can go in and out of trips cause of the whole loop shit at higher doses. So you could feel a bit on edge for like an hour then you just snap out of it. I've never had a full blown 12 hours of hell before though, moments of madness.

I have tripped 5 times and the 5th time was the worst night of my entire life. I had to leave the security of my friends and talk with my dad about I don't even know what. The whole time he was talking the light from the tv flashing on him made his skeleton turn on and off and the rest of the night I laid in bed feeling so terrible, depressed and helpless. I don't know if anything could have made me happy at that point.
Anyone can have a bad trip. It just depends on what sort of things really get to you

tripped more than 50 times and never had a bad trip, been to the zoo, aquarium, amusement parks and various festivals... It's all in the preparation and having an experienced friend who can walk you through the experience whilst keeping everyone sane.

I never had real bad trip and I was in very extremly ugly situations.It depends on too many things but I never had one,but I believe that if you are bad person you will have bad trip.

tripped more than 50 times and never had a bad trip, been to the zoo, aquarium, amusement parks and various festivals... It's all in the preparation and having an experienced friend who can walk you through the experience whilst keeping everyone sane.

truth ^

I've used psychedelics for almost 10 years now, with a number of trips almost beyond counting. Bad trips? I've had trips that were not fun, but usually when people say "bad trip" they mean "freakout". I've never had a freakout.

Even the un-fun trips can be valuable, BTW.

as said, it is in ones perception, for the most part. being able to look back and feel inspired is another thing.

i bashed my self with the stuff.
:\
and half the time it was me alone, "bored", this is a not a good reason to take LSD.

the last few years of myself taking acid, i had to drink a lot to stay level, or id keep risperdol around for when it was time to hit the "panic button". LSD, separates me fast... taking any long life psychedelic; id rather have a finger nail yanked out instead.

just the sensation or high bothers me.
with DMT, id provoke intensity with that.

my last night of rolling, 9/9/01, djd at a large amazing rave, gathered most the people from dj Irenes tent ;)
then later that morning the E, was great, my thoughts and emotions not my own.
left the after-party to go be alone and sleep, and haven't had the inkling since.