• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it possible to never have a bad LSD trip?

Dj Jimmy H

Greenlighter
what's your thoughts?

how many times have you taken it? and how many of them where "bad trips"?

and what caused it to happen?

dropped more times then I can count on my fingers and toes. I've had some "murky" parts of a lot of trips, where its not bad just sorta uncomfortable for a bit, but thats part of the game I guess. But I have had one straight up aweful terrible three hour peak of misery. It was the middle of winter and I ate it with no plan in mind except to sit in an apartment, it was waay too cold to go outside at all. Turned out it was stronger then what we were used to dealing with and I ended up tripping nuts. Got kinda antsy cause I was tripping so hard but since I was stuck inside I started freaking out a little just got worse and worse till I started coming down. I really dont remember it that well at all its almost like I totally blacked out, but I know it was fucking terrible and scary and I was pretty rattled for a few days.

I ate acid about 30 times (maybe more) and never had a real bad trip. I've always thought of myself as very lucky for this since i saw it happen to a lot of people..
Other psychs, for instance 2c-e have given me pretty dark and nasty experiences,, but after i got well i never said to myself "i wish i hadn't taken that dose".. it's just part of the trip, maybe you needed to get a little scared--

I've had bad times on acid but overall considered those trips to be good. Lucy has its ups and downs, but I've never had an LSD trip where I was bugged out for more than an hour or two. When you are having that bad experience, you just want the whole thing to be over...but when you reflect you realize it wasn't all that bad and it gives you strength to power through hard times in the future :)

Never is a long time so I really couldn't say for sure. I have - as it so happens - taken acid for a long time too. Not forever though. But so far that would be more acid than most folks will ever see in a lifetime and have never had firsthand experience of anything that I would call a "bad trip". I - like many longterm users I suspect - kinda fail to see what the concept of a bad trip is relevant to really. It's just a mixture of anti-drug propaganda and naiveté regarding the psychedelic experience in general, in my opinion. No such thing, I'd say.

Never is a long time so I really couldn't say for sure. I have - as it so happens - taken acid for a long time too. Not forever though. But so far that would be more acid than most folks will ever see in a lifetime and have never had firsthand experience of anything that I would call a "bad trip". I - like many longterm users I suspect - kinda fail to see what the concept of a bad trip is relevant to really. It's just a mixture of anti-drug propaganda and naiveté regarding the psychedelic experience in general, in my opinion. No such thing, I'd say.

keep in mind that is pretty presumptuous. For whatever reason, some people are simply not interested in the same aspect of psychedelia as you are and that should be their choice to make. Not at people are cut out for deep introspection or philosophizing and when they're forced to think in that mode by a psychedelic it can be very "bad" to them.

I agree for the most part, especially concerning the actual term "bad drip" being generally thought to be possible for anyone is dumb. But it is certainly not impossible for ANYONE to have a bad trip. It happens all the time because people don't always want what they get from psychedelia.

I've dropped acid too many times to count plus used many other psychedelic chemicals but have never experienced a "bad" trip. There are times where things tend to get dark or menacing but it's all part of the experience in my opinion. The most difficult trips are usually the ones that I gain the most out of. Most people who I've seen freak out on psychedelics were usually unprepared to leave their normal reality so swiftly and fought the effects of the drugs, therefore creating a highly uncomfortable experience.

I do believe that some people are more geared towards the psychedelic experience then others, however.

keep in mind that is pretty presumptuous. For whatever reason, some people are simply not interested in the same aspect of psychedelia as you are and that should be their choice to make. Not at people are cut out for deep introspection or philosophizing and when they're forced to think in that mode by a psychedelic it can be very "bad" to them.

I agree for the most part, especially concerning the actual term "bad drip" being generally thought to be possible for anyone is dumb. But it is certainly not impossible for ANYONE to have a bad trip. It happens all the time because people don't always want what they get from psychedelia.

I don't disagree... that is why I included the naiveté part. I didn't say "bad trips" were not possible. Just that the definition is wrong.

I've taken acid about 6 times and only had one bad trip. I'm kinda wondering if I got DOx that one time or if it was really acid, but no way to be sure now. Guess it doesn't really matter.

I don't disagree... that is why I included the naiveté part. I didn't say "bad trips" were not possible. Just that the definition is wrong.

I SO agree with you. There are no real "bad trips".. I mean you could have a "bad experience" or whatever,, but the actual "bad trip" that you hear about on TV or from non-user or just inexperienced people, is not real. You get stuff like "and they found him 3 days later with nothing but his underwear and breastfeeding a doll".. c'mon that's drug induced psychosis,, a bad experience is just that,, a few of your not-best hours (but certainly not your worst)..
Although you can freak out a little some times,, but that doesn't usually lasts long..

Yup. That's essentially what I was getting at. Bad trips don't exist in the media sense, as far as I'm concerned. That's not to say it's not possible to experience difficulties - either short or even long term - when using psyches, but "bad trips" are just plain bullshit, in my opinion.

I believe there is a difference between a dark experience and a true "bad trip" and have witnessed both with friends. Due to the longer duration you will have ups and downs in any trip, particularly if you are not prepared, or in the wrong situation. For some a crowded public place can become uncomfortable and paranoia takes over. I would not call this a bad trip though. Some people are taken so far into their dark subconscious that even days and weeks later they have still not recovered. Psychosis or even just a deep depression can be bought on by lsd and it's not that the drug itself was bad or bunk, it was the mind that used it poorly.

I have tripped off and on for almost 20 years and I can say I have never had a "Bad trip". I put this down to always preparing well (having plenty of sleep, tripping in safe, enjoyable settings), never taking "hero doses", being prepared to not trip if I am not feeling in the right space (peer pressure can be a difficult mistress sometimes) and I guess having an ability to accept and enjoy even the strange and more bizarre recesses of my mind. My partner is forever amazed at my ability to switch out of crazy mode and interact with the public when all hell is breaking loose and everyone else is losing their shit. Sometimes you do have to fake it to make it though. ;)

I wouldn't say it's impossible to have a bad trip at all. LSD can cause confusion pretty easily. If you get really confused in the wrong place or situation, that's when things can get very weird and turn bad.

Some people can handle un-euphoric side effects that lsd and other psychedelics cause better than others. Same goes for the visuals, some people will freak out from disturbing visuals.

But I feel like once you know that psychedelics are very unpredictable and many strange things can happen while on them, you should be able to handle most of whats thrown at you. But there are chances that some will happen that has nothing to do with the psychedelic, that leads to and unpleasant time.

I feel like if you have 100 trips in your experience... then you've probably experienced a couple weird ones.... I don't think it needs to be drastic... and that it is only drastic in certain situations.... I've been in safe circumstances, but have gotten some serious weirdness where I've been unable to get myself out of a thought loop. The worst loops are the ones filled with anxiety... It can be weird... Most trips are filled with insightful communication.... but some of them seem like an absurd k blast that I'm just waiting for to end... just trying to waste a good 8 hours being stuck in a mind fuck.

Not really sure what a bad trip is... I suppose it is getting the mind-fuck in an unfamiliar setting. The mind-fuck is an interesting experience if you are somewhere safe.

I think people have a mixed notion of what a bad trip is... cause every time I talk to someone with first hand experience, I can understand where they are coming from... and can say I've been in similar situation.... except I didn't let it bug me afterwards.... I guess I've had enough good trips... The worst is when someone gets a bad one when they've only had 6 trips anyways... They don't know how to deal... so they swear it off forever... seen that happen.... Sorta silly.... but its whatever.

I've seen maybe 1 or 2 bad trips occur... and may have seen a couple go weird because the person wasn't used to it.... But the bad trips were with ridiculous doses.... and it was mainly that person being spun in their head for 4-5 hours... not being able to talk themselves out of their own absurdity... Just had to let it happen and make sure they didn't do anything to stupid.... They mostly just lay there saying strange things, and were not able to comprehend questions.... One particular friend became irritated by things... It may have been the group stressing him out and asking too many questions.

Bad trips are weird.

I've never had a trip that left me shook up for a while afterwards... maybe it makes me think for weeks afterward... but I generally come down and feel well... I have felt uncomfortable many times while in psychedelic trips.......... but I feel uncomfortable in a decent amount of life anyways.... maybe one day I will find that special comfortable place....... maybe I'll always be stuck in the middle so close but so far.

PEACE!
HAPPY TRIPPING!

Tripped on LSD 5 times and have never had a bad trip, even on my most intense ones. I've been scared before on one trip (saw a raccoon and thought it was a coyote, lol) but it passed and I had a fine trip from that point onwards.
Have done shrooms 6 times and only bad time I had was on the comeup of a very intense trip, the body load was just a bit much at the time but that feeling passed as well.
I don't really consider those bad trips though.. just feeling uncomfortable for 5-10 minutes, then feeling great and having a fine time from then onwards..
The closest to a 'bad trip' I ever had was on 2cb. Was confined to a small room (stayed at a friends and couldn't leave the room as we'd wake up his parents), really wanted out for a smoke and to walk around and get some fresh air. Started to get claustrophobic and flipped my shit. The bed started expanding and shrinking violently so I hid in a closet and drew trees (lol) till it was over in about 30 minutes. Oh, and shadows would turn into snakes, which kind of freaked me out..

Depends on who you're with, environment, and emotion. All these and more can affect the mood of a trip and determine whether you're going to have a good time or a bad time. Stay positive and try not to let anything worry or upset you.
<3

I've had plenty of horrifying LSD experiences that could be described as "bad trips," but I agree in principle that bad trips don't really exist, it's how you process and integrate the experience that counts. That said, I did basically get PTSD from it, but I think that stemmed from the amount of stress in my life.

The closest I can recall coming to have experienced anything like I would consider to be a "bad trip" was the time I spent IVing ketamine + MDPV "speedballs" 24/7 for around a week or so. I can't imagine being torn apart and laid bare in anything close to the almost painfully raw state that that took me too. Was hell. Which made it bliss. Cos you can only ever truly understand what is most beautiful and positive in existence if you have been utterly shredded by existential agony at least once or twice. I doubt LSD alone would be able to achieve that. But paranoia is also shite and a very good reason to not underestimate Set & Setting for a moment everytime :)

I've been tripping since 1976 (late 70s probably 100 times). In all those years there was one trip that I considered difficult. Halloween 1981. I decided that people looked like the masks they were wearing but were wearing them to make me think they were human. Some friends finally managed to get out from under the stairs. It was a troublesome 2 or 3 hours. I'm not sure I would call it bad though.