• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Interaction Subthread] DXM & Medication / Supplements

Yeah it sucks when you are on SSRIs because if you use either DXM or E you have a good chance of getting serotonin syndrome. If you are really set on tripping I say hold off on your pills until after you trip and take them a couple days after tripping. If you are one the pills for a few months then plan to have a trip then get off your pills for at least 4 days and you should be okay, maybe a week to be safe.

I remember a case where someone died of one gram of dxm and some amount of heroin with fatal results. I have no idea if mixing opiates with dissociatives is a good idea or healthy but I am interested in what kind of effects it would produce. If you do decide to go through with this I'd like to hear how your experience was.

i wouldnt try it. id never mix DXM with anything. i dont like the disconnected feeling i get.

I often take a little dxm to potentiate an opiate , doesnt seem like fun the other way around

A little DXM...like the recomended dose, will make your opiate stronger, and prevent/delay of tolerence...which is pretty win.

Not sure if DXM and opiates go together...in terms of safety...but I found Phencyclidine (also a disassociative) to mix quite well with a bump of a Oxycodone...

A low dose of DXM can potentiate opiates? Cool. But does it effect the opiate experience? Or would the effect of DXM go unnoticed with something like 30mg along with it?

I almost always mix DXM with diphenhydramine.. The 2 compliment each other great.. I also typically smoke weed and/or salvia while it.. and sometimes do some hits of nitrous..

I took 2 vics and really didnt feel much.. I think the DXM just cancelled out the vics..

I like to take about 500 mgs of DXM and snort an OC 40 or 2 when I start to fell it. It puts me on the couch for a good 6-8 hours every time.

Be careful when combining dextromethorphan with opiates, could result in respiratory arrest.

opiates with dxm are one of my all time favorite combos. but you have to take it really really slow , with low doses of both, first, because of it being a bit dangerous. vicodin is not the best opiate , because some have argued that hydrocodone needs to be activated in the body by the same enzymes that dxm processes through. i think they both use cyp2d6.

whatever you do, be careful.

Super_Special_K said:
I almost always mix DXM with diphenhydramine.. The 2 compliment each other great.. I also typically smoke weed and/or salvia while it.. and sometimes do some hits of nitrous..

I took 2 vics and really didnt feel much.. I think the DXM just cancelled out the vics..

You really hate reality don't you...;)

lol I kind of agree with Super, I happen to LOVE the Coriciden high, and while ive actually never tried DXM by itself, or with Benadryl, I can imagine it being somewhat similar to the Coriciden high. I am actually thinking about trying DXM tonight by itself. I am on suboxone therapy tho, and from what ive read it shouldnt be an issue as im down to .5mg dose a day nasally. I am going to skip my dose tonight for this occasion, and if anyone thinks this will be an issue please comment now.

i accutaly like to take my hydros with dxm. changes the whole trip. its one of the best u4ea highs ive ever hade

oh and dxm is really good for hydrocodone withdrawl symptoms. it doesnt jus take em away, it ease's em.

The answer to the question is that it isnt a safe combo. It can cause a fatal overdose.

Will it do it for sure, obviously not because all of you who have said you like the combo are still here today. My advice is to just enjoy dxm by itself or with weed but I'd draw the line there minus some nitrous or something.....

rangrz said:
Not sure if DXM and opiates go together...in terms of safety...but I found Phencyclidine (also a disassociative) to mix quite well with a bump of a Oxycodone...
but dxm's not your typical dissociative....in fact, structurally, it's an opiate too.
I'd be careful with dxm opiate combos, you run the risk of respiratory failure and that's no fun :|.