• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous (In my subjective opinion) Mushrooms are waaaay better than LSD

I guess it's good for some people to hear anecdotal reports....but like I said it really depends on the quality of the material you've obtained and set and setting.
You might buy an amazing batch of mushies one time and the next time it's underwhelming, same is true for acid.
The only way you'll know is by actually trying it.
Now imho mushrooms are less desirable in general because they tend to provide a "hold on to your seat and ride this bitch out sort of experience" while with LSD I feel I have a far greater control of the experience....if it's moving in a negative or undesirable direction I feel I have more control over turning it towards a better direction.
This is also highly dependent on dosage and set and setting if course but I usually can get real good mushrooms though I just prefer them.less to 4acodmt but I usually take about 3.5g of good shrooms and my standard acid dose is 200ug.
I have the exact opposite experience. I'm much better on shrooms

new insights:
since they now sell shrooms at (toronto) storefronts, and since I can get Albino Penis Envy or daddy long legs, both of which are v. strong, and if I chew for about six minutes swallowing slowly, then
I am stoned within 10 minutes and on a good ride using 1 gm or less.
that is a shorter ramp to effects than lsd or lysergamides.

I have the exact opposite experience. I'm much better on shrooms
About how many times have you done each?

new insights:
since they now sell shrooms at (toronto) storefronts,
That's stellar.

and since I can get Albino Penis Envy or daddy long legs, both of which are v. strong, and if I chew for about six minutes swallowing slowly, then
I am stoned within 10 minutes and on a good ride using 1 gm or less.
For the fucking win! That's great and all, but umm, you chew the mushrooms for "about six minutes swallowing slowly"? Why would you want to taste that? I like to chop them up and add them to a peanut butter sandwich and down it with a coke – I have a theory that the carbonation helps it get into your blood faster. Or if I have time, I'll grind those bitches up in a coffee bean grinder and fill up size 00 capsules. I can fit a whole 3.5 g in 8 capsules.

that is a shorter ramp to effects than lsd or lysergamides.
What's weird is – as I understand it – IV injection of LSD doesn't hasten the onset of its effects. But it isn't like LSD takes forever to come on, not when compared to say DOx-family compounds.

In addition to those threads, one can find the following Table from the NIH website about the differing routes of administration during clinical studies back in the 1950's and 60's.

I personally never have done this BTW.

Pharmacology of Lysergic Acid (NIH website)

Table 5​

Clinical pharmacokinetics of LSD with different modes of application (data from Hoch [88]) (number of subjects not reported)
Mode of application​
Dose (μg)​
Onset of symptoms (min)​
Peak effect (h)*​
Total duration (h)*​
Per os​
100–250​
30–45​
1.0–2.5​
9–12​
Intramuscular​
100–250​
15–20​
1.0​
9–10​
Intravenous​
40–180​
3–5​
1.0​
9–10​
Intraspinal​
20–60​
<1​
1.0​
9–10​

Last edited:
About how many times have you done each?

For the fucking win! That's great and all, but umm, you chew the mushrooms for "about six minutes swallowing slowly"? Why would you want to taste that? I like to chop them up and add them to a peanut butter sandwich and down it with a coke – I have a theory that the carbonation helps it get into your blood faster. Or if I have time, I'll grind those bitches up in a coffee bean grinder and fill up size 00 capsules. I can fit a whole 3.5 g in 8 capsules.
~1529 times lysergamides (only ~30 times @full doses)
~85 times shrooms (only ~10 times @ full doses)

I do not find the taste of dried mushroom unpleasant at all. chewing for a few minutes means that we get buccal and sublingual absorption which does not cause gut upsets, swallowing slowly means that the absorption continues on the way to the stomach.

if you take the shrooms in quickly the serotonin receptors in your guts will react to contact with the material more, causing more cramping - bloodstream 5-HT agonists still reach the intestines and might cause mild cramping anyway, but by chewing and swallowing slowly, you are not rubbing an irritant on sensitive gut tissues.

we do not need to sugar coat this medicine iykwim

Interesting that you've keep such specific count. Also, thank you for sharing, but I actually posed the question to @qwertygina. I sorta figured you had plenty of experience; actually, I expected it to be a higher number regarding full dose trips. I don't count so-called "micro-dosing" as tripping. I'm also not yet convinced it's not placebo, but micro-dosing might be real. Or even if placebo, so what, right?

I do not find the taste of dried mushroom unpleasant at all. chewing for a few minutes means that we get buccal and sublingual absorption which does not cause gut upsets, swallowing slowly means that the absorption continues on the way to the stomach.
Yeah I kinda figured that's what you were implying with that - buccal and sublingual RoAs. I guess I just don't value rapid onset as much as you seem to. If I'm looking for that, I vaporize DMT.

And anyway, lucky you you don't find the taste of shrooms disgusting like I do. Oh and not to belabor any points here or get pedantic, but when you say "swallow slowly", I think you mean that you chew them thoroughly while taking your time to getting around to swallowing the shroomies. It's doubtful, but I suppose possible, for you to somehow slow down your throat muscles and such while swallowing down food stuffs, in particular Psilcybe mushrooms. Idk.

if you take the shrooms in quickly the serotonin receptors in your guts will react to contact with the material more, causing more cramping - bloodstream 5-HT agonists still reach the intestines and might cause mild cramping anyway, but by chewing and swallowing slowly, you are not rubbing an irritant on sensitive gut tissues.
That's a pretty interesting concept; I've never really considered it before. Specifically it's 5HT3 receptors that regulate nausea. Does psilocybin/psilocin have affinity for 5HT3? I understand Mescaline does and hence why it often causes nausea. Every once in a while 2C-B brings on a bout of nausea in me, but it passes quickly, usually without vomiting. See so I always thought it had to do with 5HT in the gut but also the fact that we don't digest those shroom fibers so well, and the spores not at al, which is why they pass right through cows digestive systems unscathed and get delivered in a hot dollop of cow poo in the fields and pastures, then spawn new shrooms… and but so I always grind and/or finely chop up my shrooms and never have nausea problems consequently w/them.

Either way, I like your theory and it may indeed be quite valid. TIL. Thanks, brotha!

Shiiiiiiiiiit. Speak for yourself there, Capitano. I'm still not trying to taste those bad boys, no thank ya…

i don't think i'll ever do anything beyond making tea - i get zero stomach issues from the tea

ive always hated eating them - it never sits right for me

I like to absorb tabs by sticking them under my uncircumcised foreskin but I only did this once I found out it's a smoother ride than IVing into my jugular vein.

Btw.... I'm team acid all day.
I'm not sure about foreskin, but the skin of the scrotum absorbs drugs transdermally 44x better than the other skin on your body. It's the most efficient spot on your body (and potentially dangerous way to overdose).

I'm not sure about foreskin, but the skin of the scrotum absorbs drugs transdermally 44x better than the other skin on your body. It's the most efficient spot on your body (and potentially dangerous way to overdose).
That's nice to know for the future. It's not the foreskin but the penis head that absorbs it though. I got permanent acid burn squares on my penis head now. Shit looks like a checkerboard.

Anyways I forgot to mention the part where I have sex with girl and then she pisses in my mouth. During the whole process the acid undergoes a vast chemical change in which juices mix, some chemistry shit happens and there's a tri ester on the double helix of the lysergic seminal vag juice bond... and Poof...now ya got triple dipped on top of double stacked, chocolate, mint fluff, needle point acid.

It was the greatest accidental discovery in science since Hoffman invented the bike.

Last edited:
i feel like low doses of shrooms make me feel a little bit similar to being buzzed on alcohol, which isn't really my favorite thing. it's not really as stimulating to me as acid. shrooms make me kind of sleepy where as acid i'm awake totally... but they both work great to help the nerve damage in my back and i'd take either, i just prefer acid anologues for fun. acid and shrooms are both super cool for creativity like art or making music imo. playing music has often got me over the nausea/slightly drunk feeling that shrooms gives.

i am interested in stepping up my shroom dosage though. the most i ever had was 5 and a half grams of dried shrooms and i remember lying in bed and thinking i was in a cave similar to the chilid's show fragile rock. i started walking through the cave and woke up because i noticed i was really trying to walk in my bed... i woke up and wasn't really tripping as hard as i would've liked to be, but it was cool i was in a completley different place for a few minutes. i'd like to take like 14 dried grams and see what happens. i've had acid experiences where i kept going in and out of dreams being transported to and from the dreams through these tunnells that my vision would fly through. it was crazy like smoking strong salvia over and over again. i'd like to see if shrooms can get the same. i bet they can from my experiences with lower doses... i doubt i'll ever try this though because i wouldn't want to unless shrooms were legal in case i do something to get cought and even if it were legal, i'd have to get good at growing them so i would have enough to care to dose that high. lol. if i only have a limited supply i'll want to just take lower doses to have as many trips as possible... i really hope they legalize shrooms in my state. right now i don't really feel free to live my life and i think it's kind of sad... i never see dealers to get any shrooms now that's weed is legal. life has been different for me for the past four or so years not really tripping hard. having HPPD and schizophrenia with smoking weed seems to get me by with being entertained though... gotta get some more shrooms before i die though. hopefully they just become legal so i can grow as many as i want. i hope by typing this people from the government are spying on me and feel for my situation wanting to change the law. lol. how's a person supposed to not feel free. not good, imo.

That's nice to know for the future. It's not the foreskin but the penis head that absorbs it though. I got permanent acid burn squares on my penis head now. Shit looks like a checkerboard.

Anyways I forgot to mention the part where I have sex with girl and then she pisses in my mouth. During the whole process the acid undergoes a vast chemical change in which juices mix, some chemistry shit happens and there's a tri ester on the double helix of the lysergic seminal vag juice bond... and Poof...now ya got triple dipped on top of double stacked, chocolate, mint fluff, needle point acid.

It was the greatest accidental discovery in science since Hoffman invented the bike.
This is the single funniest comment I've ever read. I am fuckin' dying right now laughing, I can hardly type this shit. 🤣😭💀

Had the same thought. Talk about a hardcore RoA. Can you imagine someone fixing up for that at a house party? Like, "What, Bro? Chill out. I'm just doing a little intraspinal inject-jects of some drops, braaaa. NBD. Don't be a buzzkill."