• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: notsmokeymcpot42088 | RUC4

Imodium with kratom.

Okiv99

Bluelighter
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Messages
92
So i relapsed on kratom for 4 weeks and bought some imodium just incase i get mild withdrawals but it got me thinking does imodium potentiate kratom? Has anybody tried taking kratom after using imodium? if so what was your experience?
 
How much kratom have you been using daily?

Imodium can be extremely dangerous to the heart when used as a withdrawal substitute. I really hesitate recommending using it for that. Use it for the runs and get some anti nausea meds.
 
So i relapsed on kratom for 4 weeks and bought some imodium just incase i get mild withdrawals but it got me thinking does imodium potentiate kratom? Has anybody tried taking kratom after using imodium? if so what was your experience?
No. And it won't help much with kratom withdrawals, really need to replace dopamine more than fill the MOR receptor for that. Withdrawals from kratom seem to be primarily caused by a severe disbalance of dopamine levels in different areas of the brain, not a desensitized MOR receptor. This is just my anecdotal experience and opinion.

The one time I degraded myself enough to try to use lope for kratom withdrawals backfired stupendously and made me nothing but constipated and bloated for 2 weeks.
 
How much kratom have you been using daily?

Imodium can be extremely dangerous to the heart when used as a withdrawal substitute. I really hesitate recommending using it for that. Use it for the runs and get some anti nausea meds.
About 25-40 grams. Probably wont be that bad since only been using it a month but not totally sure.
 
About 25-40 grams. Probably wont be that bad since only been using it a month but not totally sure.
If you can ween yourself down a bit. Then hop off. Kratom withdrawal is a weird one compared to traditional opiate/opioid withdrawal due to the fact that kratom has so many alkaloids. Have you gone through it before? Typically, it is not very intense. However, due to all those different alkaloids it lasts longer.

I would focus on comfort meds ie anti diarrhea, anti nausea, maybe some benzos for sleep and anxiety. However, please be careful if you do choose to get benzos you definitely do not want to replace a kratom addiction for a benzo one.
 
Withdrawal from 30g/day can be surprisingly intense, but after only a month of use it might not be so bad. I would definitely expect some amount rebound restlessness, insomnia, and anxiety. I have experienced kratom withdrawal after just 4 or 5 days of heavy use, but kindling is likely a big factor there, and usually from absurd doses of 7oh.

The saving grace is kratom withdrawal is over remarkably fast. The acutes are over by 72hr and you start feeling better noticeably soon after that. The PAWS seem to last just as long.

My biggest tip would be to buy some DLPA and use something like adderall to get you through the days. DLPA is a potent dopamine precursor. Will help you relax and sleep at night. Way more effective than something like L-dopa in my endeavors.
 
If you can ween yourself down a bit. Then hop off. Kratom withdrawal is a weird one compared to traditional opiate/opioid withdrawal due to the fact that kratom has so many alkaloids. Have you gone through it before? Typically, it is not very intense. However, due to all those different alkaloids it lasts longer.

I would focus on comfort meds ie anti diarrhea, anti nausea, maybe some benzos for sleep and anxiety. However, please be careful if you do choose to get benzos you definitely do not want to replace a kratom addiction for a benzo one.
I had it before but only after heavy 2 years usage. Ive been 24 hours without it a few times over the last weeks and didnt get any withdrawal effects (no muscle tiredness, runny nose, anything) so yeah hopefully i just dont get it bad. Thanks for the advice. Can you remember how long withdrawals would take to hit you? I know they take longer than 24 hours to peak usually but i feel like people with bad dependance probably get symptoms earlier than 24 hours?
 
Withdrawal from 30g/day can be surprisingly intense, but after only a month of use it might not be so bad. I would definitely expect some amount rebound restlessness, insomnia, and anxiety. I have experienced kratom withdrawal after just 4 or 5 days of heavy use, but kindling is likely a big factor there, and usually from absurd doses of 7oh.

The saving grace is kratom withdrawal is over remarkably fast. The acutes are over by 72hr and you start feeling better noticeably soon after that. The PAWS seem to last just as long.

My biggest tip would be to buy some DLPA and use something like adderall to get you through the days. DLPA is a potent dopamine precursor. Will help you relax and sleep at night. Way more effective than something like L-dopa in my endeavors.
Yeah im hoping it wont be bad at all since i dont get any symptoms after 24 hours without. Just the uncertainty playing with my mind a bit lol.
Nice never heard of DLPA will take a look at it.
 
Cheap AF on amazon. Just use it responsibly. If you take too much it will both stop working and it turns into a potent diuretic and you will pee out gallons for like 6 hrs straight which is annoying. I would say 1g every 8hr is plenty.
 
How much kratom have you been using daily?

Imodium can be extremely dangerous to the heart when used as a withdrawal substitute. I really hesitate recommending using it for that. Use it for the runs and get some anti nausea meds.
one clarification: FDA particularly warns about higher-than-recommended loperamide doses, including misuse to treat withdrawal or get high. That should be distinguished from labeled use for diarrhea.
 
one clarification: FDA particularly warns about higher-than-recommended loperamide doses, including misuse to treat withdrawal or get high. That should be distinguished from labeled use for diarrhea.

Back when id get morphine wd's 8mg's of lope at once was plenty to stop the runs. Never understood some people using huge amounts
 
I believe the max therapeutic dose of lope is 32mg per 24hr. However, that's probably an amount used for people who have fatal diarrhea... anything above 8mg per day is supratherapeutically excessive IMO.

From my cursory review of death and tox reports I looked into a few years ago, confirmed and documented fatal events have not occurred until above 50mg/day, 60mg being fatal to one unlucky woman with a heart defect, and below 100mg/day almost always occur in people with undiagnosed heart issues. Above 100mg can spontaneously kill anyone.

But the thing is the therapeutic value of lope between 8mg and a potentially fatal amount is nearly the same.

Please do not try to get high on lope. It will end your life.
 
Back when id get morphine wd's 8mg's of lope at once was plenty to stop the runs. Never understood some people using huge amounts
same. it doesn't cross to the brain. i can't imagine any dose that would give the desired effects and be worth it, considering the damage it would do to your digestive system.
 
I was just referring to how often I recommend it for literally almost every type of dopaminergic withdrawl, which occurs in basically all addiction models outside pure GABAergics, but even those also have downstream dopamine effects.

The pleasure/addiction/withdrawal of almost all drugs is primarily mediated by dopamine either directly or indirectly. This a a huge generalization, please don't ackshually me.
 
Last edited:
I was just referring to how often I recommend it for literally almost every type of dopaminergic withdrawl, which occurs in basically all addiction models outside pure GABAergics, but even those also have downstream dopamine effects.

The pleasure/addiction/withdrawal of almost all drugs is primarily mediated by dopamine either directly or indirectly.
I'm going to try the DLPA to push by kratom spacing window past 55 or so hours. Because the killer for me is the mood/reward stuff. I just feel like I can't do anything, no desire to do anything. My only fear is I have bad anxiety problems. I read DLPA can cause anxiety? Still worth testing for me. I'm happy you mentioned it.
 
NAC/Agmatine absolutely helps in this regards but the problem is it kills any buzz I usually get from coffee, nicotine, pot etc for around 30 hours. I'm hoping this doesnt do that?
 
Top